18. Pennsylvania 387
19. Robert Morris 353
20. Cal Poly 336
21. Western Illinois 297
22. Chattanooga 253
23. North Dakota St. 185
24. James Madison 179
25. Grambling St. 164
Others receiving votes (minimum of 5 votes): Jacksonville (36), Richmond (21), Weber St. (21), Lehigh (17), Indiana St. (10), Southern Utah (9), Dayton (6), Furman (5), Northern Arizona (5), Sacramento St. (5).

MOST SIGNIFICANT WIN OF THE WEEK: Weber St.
MOST SIGNIFICANT LOSS OF THE WEEK: Stephen F. Austin

RabidRabbit
November 1st, 2010, 12:08 PM
Biggest Loss?
Biggest Winner?

asknoquarter21
November 1st, 2010, 12:09 PM
24/25 teams this week for me

I had Jacksonville in and JMU out

Nebuta
November 1st, 2010, 12:10 PM
Biggest Winner = W&M only dropping one spot while losing to UNC. :p
Biggest Loss = SF Austin.

asknoquarter21
November 1st, 2010, 12:12 PM
Biggest Winner = W&M only dropping one spot while losing to UNC.
Biggest Loss = SF Austin.

While I would call it a "quality loss" I don't know if that could be biggest winner

Gil Dobie
November 1st, 2010, 12:24 PM
Surprised a team with a BYE moved into the poll?

GeauxLions94
November 1st, 2010, 12:29 PM
Here's how I ranked them this week ...

THIS WEEK
1. Appalachian St.
2. Jacksonville St.
3. William & Mary
4. Villanova
5. Wofford
6. Eastern Washington
7. Southeast Missouri St.
8. Delaware
9. Liberty
10. Montana St.
11. Massachusetts
12. New Hampshire
13. Montana
14. Stephen F. Austin
15. Bethune-Cookman
16. Weber St.
17. South Carolina St.
18. Chattanooga
19. Northern Iowa
20. North Dakota St.
21. Grambling St.
22. Western Illinois
23. Robert Morris
24. Cal Poly
25. Pennsylvania
W. Weber State
L. Stephen F. Austin

LAST WEEK
1. Appalachian St.
2. William & Mary
3. Jacksonville St.
4. Villanova
5. Stephen F. Austin
6. Montana
7. Eastern Washington
8. Wofford
9. Delaware
10. Southeast Missouri St.
11. Chattanooga
12. New Hampshire
13. James Madison
14. Liberty
15. Montana St.
16. Massachusetts
17. Richmond
18. South Carolina St.
19. Bethune-Cookman
20. North Dakota St.
21. Northern Iowa
22. Grambling St.
23. Northern Arizona
24. Western Illinois
25. Robert Morris
W. William & Mary
L. Massachusetts

Lehigh Football Nation
November 1st, 2010, 12:35 PM

1. Appalachian St.
2. Jacksonville St.
3. William & Mary
4. Villanova
5. Wofford
6. Eastern Washington
8. Delaware
9. Liberty
10. Montana St.
11. Massachusetts
12. New Hampshire
13. Montana
14. Stephen F. Austin
15. Bethune-Cookman
16. Weber St.
17. South Carolina St.
18. Chattanooga
19. Northern Iowa
20. North Dakota St.
21. Grambling St.
22. Western Illinois
23. Robert Morris
24. Cal Poly
25. Pennsylvania

How can you put the following teams above Penn:

* Cal Poly, who will not even be co-champions in the Great West
* Chattanooga, who just lost to 2-5 Elon

There's a lot of beef I have with your picks above Penn - whose only loss is to Villanova - as any number of those teams have losses that are worse than Penn's. I can forgive those to some degree, but the two I singled out are just ridiculous that they're above Penn. Chatty just lost last weekend to a 2-5 team and you have to put Southern Utah over Cal Poly as they're GW champs and beat Cal Poly head-to-head. At worse, losing to Texas State and a 4-4 team should put Penn above those two teams.

JMUNJ08
November 1st, 2010, 01:07 PM
How can you put the following teams above Penn:

* Cal Poly, who will not even be co-champions in the Great West
* Chattanooga, who just lost to 2-5 Elon

There's a lot of beef I have with your picks above Penn - whose only loss is to Villanova - as any number of those teams have losses that are worse than Penn's. I can forgive those to some degree, but the two I singled out are just ridiculous that they're above Penn. Chatty just lost last weekend to a 2-5 team and you have to put Southern Utah over Cal Poly as they're GW champs and beat Cal Poly head-to-head. At worse, losing to Texas State and a 4-4 team should put Penn above those two teams.

Where is your beef for a team whose only loss is to App St. the #1 overall team in the country? Oh, they don't play anyone. Well Penn doesn't either that we can compare to really and won't participate in the playoffs against the top FCS teams in the country so what's the difference? Cal Poly & Chatty are better teams and we have more data (aka Wins) to back that up than a single LOSS to Villanova.

BTW, Penn is in my poll as well but below J'ville/Chatty/Cal Poly as I don't see enough substance to move them above at this point. May move above Chatty after their tough Auburn game coming up.

WileECoyote06
November 1st, 2010, 01:11 PM

24/25 for me. I had Richmond barely holding on, and NDSU on the cusp.

Ivytalk
November 1st, 2010, 01:21 PM
I had Weber in, JMU out.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 1st, 2010, 01:25 PM
Where is your beef for a team whose only loss is to App St. the #1 overall team in the country? .. blah blah blah.

First of all, I never mentioned Jacksonville in my post, so what's your problem?

On Chatty and Poly, one just lost at home last week to 2-5 Elon, and the other won't win their conference championship, lost to 4-4 Texas State and squeaked by Division II Humboldt State. I don't see how anyone in their right mind can put Penn below those two teams. It's obvious a lot of people didn't watch the Penn/Villanova game this year - perhaps they should have.

JMUNJ08
November 1st, 2010, 01:26 PM

24/25 for me. I had Richmond barely holding on, and NDSU on the cusp.

23/25 for me with J'ville and Lehigh in / JMU(can't justify even my own 4-4 team to be there) and NDSU out

Anovafan
November 1st, 2010, 01:41 PM
Penn is a playoff caliber team this year. I have seen all of the CAA teams play and Penn is right there with the upper tier. Their defense is as good as anyone's in the CAA. They are #15 in my poll.

JMUNJ08
November 1st, 2010, 01:42 PM
First of all, I never mentioned Jacksonville in my post, so what's your problem?

On Chatty and Poly, one just lost at home last week to 2-5 Elon, and the other won't win their conference championship, lost to 4-4 Texas State and squeaked by Division II Humboldt State. I don't see how anyone in their right mind can put Penn below those two teams. It's obvious a lot of people didn't watch the Penn/Villanova game this year - perhaps they should have.

Sorry to come off a little harsh with the J'ville. Just seems like the old song and dance with the Ivy teams as you are hanging on their one OOC loss to compare to other teams. Their other two OOC games are Bucknell (1-7) & Laffy (2-6) who they only beat 19-14. Best conference victories are good in the Ivy but have BAD losses themselves OOC: Brown (lost to URI) /Yale (lost to Albany). Plus, they still have to play a game Harvard team down the stretch.

Cal Poly has wins over Montana, McNeese & ODU which are at or above the quality of anything Penn can hang their hat on. All three losses were to quality teams and during their brutal 5 game road trip.

Chatty has wins over Furman & GaSo at or above the Penn wins. 2 losses were close and to #1 and #2 in this week's polls while Elon may have been 2-5 but those losses are all against top tier opponents so as not to discount them to say a Laffy/Bucknell.

I see Penn's schedule so far a little better than that of J'villes but nothing like the Chatty and Poly scheds. Its all about the company you keep...

cpalum
November 1st, 2010, 01:59 PM
I don't see how anyone in their right mind can put Penn below those two teams.

I would guess the reason Poly is a bit higher in the poll would be strength of schedule. Outside of Villanova, Penn's schedule has been pretty easy not only in terms of quality but also road wins and distance traveled. I'd venture to say that Cal Poly has played one of the toughest road schedules in the country. They lost on the road, one to FBS Fresno St and one at Texas State. They also had road wins at McNeese and clear across the county at ODU...The SUU loss was the fifth game of a 5 game road trip. I think Penn is a good team and maybe they should be ahead of Poly in the polls but nobody needs to be out of their minds to think otherwise.

Fear the Bird
November 1st, 2010, 02:06 PM

THIS WEEK
1. Appalachian St.
2. Jacksonville St.
3. William & Mary
4. Villanova
5. Wofford
6. Eastern Washington
8. Delaware
9. Liberty
10. Montana St.
11. Massachusetts
12. New Hampshire
13. Montana
14. Stephen F. Austin
15. Bethune-Cookman
16. Weber St.
17. South Carolina St.
18. Chattanooga
19. Northern Iowa
20. North Dakota St.
21. Grambling St.
22. Western Illinois
23. Robert Morris
24. Cal Poly
25. Pennsylvania
W. Weber State
L. Stephen F. Austin

LAST WEEK
1. Appalachian St.
2. William & Mary
3. Jacksonville St.
4. Villanova
5. Stephen F. Austin
6. Montana
7. Eastern Washington
8. Wofford
9. Delaware
10. Southeast Missouri St.
11. Chattanooga
12. New Hampshire
13. James Madison
14. Liberty
15. Montana St.
16. Massachusetts
17. Richmond
18. South Carolina St.
19. Bethune-Cookman
20. North Dakota St.
21. Northern Iowa
22. Grambling St.
23. Northern Arizona
24. Western Illinois
25. Robert Morris
W. William & Mary
L. Massachusetts

I guess I now know why Delaware fell like a rock for losing on a missed field goal to a consensus top 4 team in the country. I'd love to hear you defend this?

Nebuta
November 1st, 2010, 02:12 PM
I guess I now know why Delaware fell like a rock for losing on a missed field goal to a consensus top 4 team in the country. I'd love to hear you defend this?

The game was at W&M to boot. That game could have gone either way but to have UD at #8, all I have to say is "Hater in the house!!!"

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 1st, 2010, 02:14 PM

It looks to me like UD went up from 9 to 8 in his pole....

UMass vaulting from from 16 to 11 (past UNH) after beating JMU is the move I question

Fear the Bird
November 1st, 2010, 02:24 PM
It looks to me like UD went up from 9 to 8 in his pole....

UMass vaulting from from 16 to 11 (past UNH) after beating JMU is the move I question

I meant last week dropping from 1 to 6 was harsh in my opinion so when I see people submitting polls with them at 9 and now at 8 it makes more sense to me

OhioHen
November 1st, 2010, 02:26 PM
Any Given Saturday Poll Top 25

(First place votes in parenthesis), Points
5. Delaware (1) 1245

The most puzzling thing to me is that (1) next to Delaware. I'd like to think that's where the Hens will end up in January, but to vote them #1 after a loss (albeit a close loss on the road to a top-level team) and a bye week just seems odd to me.

tribefan40
November 1st, 2010, 03:17 PM
Not being a homer, this is the only poll worth looking at. Well done AGS. xsmileyclapx

GreatAppSt
November 1st, 2010, 04:29 PM
The most puzzling thing to me is that (1) next to Delaware. I'd like to think that's where the Hens will end up in January, but to vote them #1 after a loss (albeit a close loss on the road to a top-level team) and a bye week just seems odd to me.

CAA Love fest at it's finest.xeyebrowx

GeauxLions94
November 2nd, 2010, 04:59 PM

Ok FtB and ycUNH, I'll play ... I had Delaware No. 1 for three straight weeks before the one-point loss to William and Mary ... I had them at No. 8, which was probably too steep a drop despite the teams ahead of them all winning. (and especially with W&M losing last weekend to North Carolina; I slipped them down one spot to No. 3).

As for UMASS, same thing ... losses by some of the teams ahead in my last poll (SFA, Montana, JMU, Richmond) warranted a move up for the Minutemen ... without the results in front of me, I could have moved UNH up a spot despite the open date and had UMASS behind.

You caught me! You caught the Tater!

McNeese75
November 2nd, 2010, 07:37 PM
Ok FtB and ycUNH, I'll play ... I had Delaware No. 1 for three straight weeks before the one-point loss to William and Mary ... I had them at No. 8, which was probably too steep a drop despite the teams ahead of them all winning. (and especially with W&M losing last weekend to North Carolina; I slipped them down one spot to No. 3).

As for UMASS, same thing ... losses by some of the teams ahead in my last poll (SFA, Montana, JMU, Richmond) warranted a move up for the Minutemen ... without the results in front of me, I could have moved UNH up a spot despite the open date and had UMASS behind.

You caught me! You caught the Tater!

xlolx My only question is why did you even bother to defend your vote to him? xsmiley_wix