PDA

View Full Version : Southeastern Louisiana Releases 2006 Schedule

GeauxLions94
February 10th, 2006, 03:34 PM
It's official. Lions to face New Mexico State (a two-year deal with Hal Mumme), Southern Miss and Texas Tech. :nod:

Southeastern Louisiana '06 Schedule (http://www.lionsports.net/headlines/football/2058)

TexasTerror
February 10th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Despite three I-A games, I think your schedule looks good. In SLC play, you go road, home, road, home. That's nice...

Two I-A games to open up and then a home game, another I-A game and then a home game. You divided those up pretty good.

ncbears
February 10th, 2006, 05:34 PM
It's official. Lions to face New Mexico State (a two-year deal with Hal Mumme), Southern Miss and Texas Tech. :nod:

Southeastern Louisiana '06 Schedule (http://www.lionsports.net/headlines/football/2058)

you guys should beat New Mexico State. Make Mumme regret his decision.

to leave

nlwwln
February 10th, 2006, 06:45 PM
how do you all figure youll do against the 1As?

TexasTerror
February 10th, 2006, 07:49 PM

From an outsider's perspective, though in the SLC...SELA is going to fight it out with New Mexico State. They have no reason not to, but I think it'll definitely be a matchup to keep a tab on.

Texas Tech is going to put it to the Lions, just like they would any non Div I competition and Southern Miss will push around the Lions some, but it won't be a blowout as USM just doesn't have what it takes to put points on the board, Lions stay within 15.

CosmoVixen24
February 11th, 2006, 12:01 AM
you guys should beat New Mexico State. Make Mumme regret his decision.

to leave

... if he doesn't already with that winless season. I think we have a good chance of winning that game.

Tod
February 11th, 2006, 12:11 AM
From an outsider's perspective, though in the SLC...SELA is going to fight it out with New Mexico State. They have no reason not to, but I think it'll definitely be a matchup to keep a tab on.

Texas Tech is going to put it to the Lions, just like they would any non Div I competition and Southern Miss will push around the Lions some, but it won't be a blowout as USM just doesn't have what it takes to put points on the board, Lions stay within 15.

A terrifying phone call...what's going on?...It's Ralph!... and...it's...it's coming from inside your house! Get OUT!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

February 11th, 2006, 12:14 AM
... Texas Tech is going to put it to the Lions, just like they would any non Div I competition...SLU is D-I.

TexasTerror
February 11th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Oops! I meant non-Div I-A. I slipped! How embarassing! :doh:

Lionsrking
February 12th, 2006, 09:37 PM

All depends on how the QB situation irons out. We have a couple of really good freshmen and a senior who's been in the system. And I guess there's always the possibility a transfer could fall out of the sky. By conference play I think we'll be just fine at QB but we play the I-A's right out of the chute in three of the first four games.

We had a great recruiting class and I look for several kids to come in and make an immediate impact, especially at RB and WR. I would like to think we could play with New Mexico State and to a reasonable extent, Southern Miss, but I'm realistic when it comes to Texas Tech. Even if we drop all three, as long as we don't get banged up too bad and don't embarrass ourselves, I think we have a chance to be a darkhorse in the Southland Conference race this year.

blackfordpu
February 12th, 2006, 10:44 PM
I hope to make the game on Nov 11. SHSU/SELA games are usually pretty well contested. Hoping for the same this season.

Terror, how could you? Way to set him straight ralph. ;)

TexasTerror
February 13th, 2006, 07:31 AM
I know, I know...

I always jump people and now I'm the one being jumped! :)