PDA

View Full Version : JJ Vercammon of Dayton, Defensive play of the year.IMO

udchuck
October 28th, 2010, 08:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCnuGa5Mxns

This should be the defensive play of the year. James vercammon of Dayton.

401ks
October 28th, 2010, 10:43 AM
xsmileyclapx

But why did he have to do this against the Dawgs? :p

udchuck
October 28th, 2010, 02:38 PM
I think he was practising for the Drake game later this year. LOL

appst97
October 28th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Play of the year?!?!?!?! play of the series, maybe. really, what did he do besides knock down a pass?

401ks
October 28th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Play of the year?!?!?!?! play of the series, maybe. really, what did he do besides knock down a pass?

Are you kidding me???

xnutsx

If AE had made a play like that, you'd have been promoting him for sainthood!

udchuck
October 28th, 2010, 06:26 PM

It's the way he knocked down the pass,Nitwit I really thought it was obvious . I said ---IN MY OPINION----Why is it with you guys from APP St. always have a negative remark about EVERYTHING ???Gezzzzz you just have to give an argument about every statement ??????

CrunchGriz
October 28th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Nice play, but the blocker should have knocked him head over heels for his trouble.

DetroitFlyer
October 28th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Yeah, most blockers are expecting a safety/linebacker hybrid to jump over them while they are standing up.... This was a fantastic play that maybe no other defender in FCS could pull off. This kid is an athlete pure and simple. Just an amazing play.

WoCoTerrier
October 28th, 2010, 07:56 PM
That is an impressive play. No clue about best of the year, I haven't seen enough games. But jumping over another player and then also blocking the pass is nice. You gotta ignore the App fans. They'll tell you AE would have been a defender, too, and the best ever, but they didn't want him to get hurt. And of course, AE would have made that same play without even touching the O lineman.

appst97
October 28th, 2010, 08:31 PM
"Play of the year" implies much more than a guy jumping in the air, another guy pushing him (in defense) higher, and the ball being thrown into him. Was that on 4th and 10 with time running out, and the leapfrog saved the season? I don't know, but I doubt it. He commited to that leap before the qb had commited to the throw, making himself vunerable. Would it have been the offensive play of the year had the qb pumped and then hit the WR on a fly? NO.

appst97
October 28th, 2010, 08:36 PM
It's the way he knocked down the pass,Nitwit I really thought it was obvious . I said ---IN MY OPINION----Why is it with you guys from APP St. always have a negative remark about EVERYTHING ???Gezzzzz you just have to give an argument about every statement ??????

An argument!?!?!?!? No, like you I have an opinion. Unlike you, I have the good fortune to watch the mountaineers on a weekly basis, Nitwit.

appst97
October 28th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Are you kidding me???

xnutsx

If AE had made a play like that, you'd have been promoting him for sainthood!

He's already a Saint!

appst97
October 28th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Man,your pitiful,

My pitiful what?

udchuck
October 28th, 2010, 09:36 PM
My pitiful what?

LOL---Do you know what the word "Pitiful" means?? look it up,genius.

appst97
October 28th, 2010, 09:48 PM
LOL---Do you know what the word "Pitiful" means?? look it up,genius.

LOL---Do you know the difference between "your" and "you're"????? look it up, genius

straightshooter
October 28th, 2010, 10:01 PM
That was an exciting play. I was thinking he got some serious air until I discovered that the guy he was jumping over is only 5'7" and he's just 5'10, 190 (CB size at many FCS programs). Then I saw that the RB lifted him up almost a foot trying to block him. None the less, it is a great play that I'm sure had Flyer fans jacked up.

Franks Tanks
October 28th, 2010, 10:03 PM
It's a very good play, but not really play of the year. Dayton guy leapfrogs player, and Butler QB throws the ball directly at his face.

The leapfrog jump was impressive but lots of guys can do that. Hell I could do that until I weighed over 260.

401ks
October 29th, 2010, 12:55 AM
He's already a Saint!

Touche

401ks
October 29th, 2010, 12:56 AM
LOL---Do you know the difference between "your" and "you're"????? look it up, genius

He's got you on that one, chuck.

401ks
October 29th, 2010, 12:59 AM
It's a very good play, but not really play of the year. Dayton guy leapfrogs player, and Butler QB throws the ball directly at his face.

The leapfrog jump was impressive but lots of guys can do that. Hell I could do that until I weighed over 260.

Yeah, the Butler QB really expected that move! xrolleyesx

Lots of guys can do it, but how many do it during a game and knock down a pass at the same time? Just one that I've seen this season.

xpeacex

udchuck
October 29th, 2010, 05:12 AM
"Play of the year" implies much more than a guy jumping in the air, another guy pushing him (in defense) higher, and the ball being thrown into him. Was that on 4th and 10 with time running out, and the leapfrog saved the season? I don't know, but I doubt it. He commited to that leap before the qb had commited to the throw, making himself vunerable. Would it have been the offensive play of the year had the qb pumped and then hit the WR on a fly? NO.

OK Genius, you want to play the spelling game? Check "your" post. vunerable is spelled "vulnerable", commited is spelled "committed" you even repeated "your" mistake.

udchuck
October 29th, 2010, 05:43 AM
He's got you on that one, chuck.

LOL ---I know,--speed kills. grammar really wasn't my best subject,I make that mistake often.

401ks
October 29th, 2010, 10:09 AM
OK Genius, you want to play the spelling game? Check "your" post. vunerable is spelled "vulnerable", commited is spelled "committed" you even repeated "your" mistake.

"It's a back-and-forth match, ladies and gentlemen.

Here at the Spelling & Grammar Games (SGG) appst97 scored the first point with your/you're, but udchuck struck back with a vicious vunerable/vulnerable and a double commited/committed!

The score stands at: udchuck 3 - appst97 1

Stay tuned for more exciting SGG action here on AGS!"

Big Al
October 29th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Calling that defensive play of the year is a bit of hyperbole. For the most part, that was terrible QB play.

udchuck
October 29th, 2010, 10:55 AM
"It's a back-and-forth match, ladies and gentlemen.

Here at the Spelling & Grammar Games (SGG) appst97 scored the first point with your/you're, but udchuck struck back with a vicious vunerable/vulnerable and a double commited/committed!

The score stands at: udchuck 3 - appst97 1

Stay tuned for more exciting SGG action here on AGS!"

LOL, No, my friend ,This fun game is over. I don't have time for this nonsense. appst97 Won with the first shot.lol
BTW,Sorry I missed you at SD.It was a exciting game.went to see the USS MIDWAY.Among other things. GO Dayton & Drake