PDA

View Full Version : TXST Loses Highly-Touted QB Arndt for Season

TexasTerror
October 27th, 2010, 02:45 PM
This was pretty much known, but now the San Marcos Daily Record has covered it. TXST was in a QB bind before the season and highly touted Tyler Arndt emerged as the starting QB. Even with Ardnt under center, TXST started off pretty hot. Has since fizzled when getting into SLC play...

May not be pretty against SFA, if the TXST offense can not generate anything...

San Marcos — Ladies and gentlemen, you’re about to see what Tim Hawkins can do in a sustained role as starting quarterback of the Texas State Bobcats.

It’s not that the coaching staff lost faith in true freshman Tyler Arndt.

It’s because Arndt is lost for the season.

Arndt suffered a knee injury late in Texas State’s 16-3 loss to Northwestern State last Saturday and the Bobcats learned Monday the harsh reality of his diagnosis. He sustained a torn Anterior Cruciate Ligament and will miss up to six to eight months.

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x1507926849/College-Football-Arndt-out-for-the-season

lionsrking2
October 27th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Hate to hear that...while he had a rough afternoon against us, he definitely showed flashes of being a really good one down the road...hopefully the surgery goes cleanly and his rehab time is on the shorter side.

TexasTerror
October 27th, 2010, 03:46 PM
In light of Ardnt's injury... who is the top freshman in the league this year? Tim Flanders...??

lionsrking2
October 27th, 2010, 04:39 PM
In light of Ardnt's injury... who is the top freshman in the league this year? Tim Flanders...??

I think he would be regardless of Ardnt's injury...don't know of any other freshmen - true or redshirt - who are making that much of a contribution to their team this year.

FormerPokeCenter
October 27th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Cody Stroud's making a pretty large contribution to McNeese ;)

lionsrking2
October 27th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Cody Stroud's making a pretty large contribution to McNeese ;)

Stroud has been solid, no doubt, and I was impressed with his poise on Saturday; however, Flanders is leading the league in rushing and a major factor in their turnaround...that was the point I was trying to make, just worded it wrong.