12. Bethune-Cookman Wildcats 7-0 2,064 14
16. Liberty Flames 5-2 1,453 17
17. South Carolina State Bulldogs 5-2 1,389 18
21. Penn Quakers 5-1 909 20
23. Grambling State Tigers 6-1 453 NR
24. Jacksonville Dolphins 7-1 357 NR

Others receiving votes: Robert Morris 186

---

BCU and RMU are the only teams with a top-25 win.

SCSU's best win is Hampton.

Grambling's best win is Jackson State.

Jacksonville's best win is over a transitioning ODU.

Penn's best win is Yale/Dartmouth.

WestCoastAggie
October 25th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Did you send these objections to those who vote in the polls?

DetroitFlyer
October 25th, 2010, 07:01 PM
and why is JU ranked above Dayton? It seems like running up the scores has paid off for JU.... Not really sure that is a good thing....

JALMOND
October 25th, 2010, 09:35 PM
12. Bethune-Cookman Wildcats 7-0 2,064 14
16. Liberty Flames 5-2 1,453 17
17. South Carolina State Bulldogs 5-2 1,389 18
21. Penn Quakers 5-1 909 20
23. Grambling State Tigers 6-1 453 NR
24. Jacksonville Dolphins 7-1 357 NR

Others receiving votes: Robert Morris 186

---

BCU and RMU are the only teams with a top-25 win.

SCSU's best win is Hampton.

Grambling's best win is Jackson State.

Jacksonville's best win is over a transitioning ODU.

Penn's best win is Yale/Dartmouth.

Looking at the wins only does bolster your argument. However, looking at the losses (Grambling and SCSU both have FBS loss, Jacksonville and Penn's only losses to FCS top 5 or 6---compared to RMU's loss to FCS non-scholly) may answer your question.

But then again, in my poll (I vote on the other site), I do have RMU in the top 25, instead of Jacksonville.

smallcollegefbfan
October 25th, 2010, 09:53 PM
and why is JU ranked above Dayton? It seems like running up the scores has paid off for JU.... Not really sure that is a good thing....

I agree with you. Not a good thing. It will be interesting to see if they win the first round and face a perennial power like Villanova, App State, etc. and they decide to run up the score on them as well.

I always say to those who run up the score that you better be an elite team because if you aren't beat or play tight with them you might be on the other end of running up the score when you face them. :)

Mr. C
October 25th, 2010, 09:58 PM
I agree with you. Not a good thing. It will be interesting to see if they win the first round and face a perennial power like Villanova, App State, etc. and they decide to run up the score on them as well.

I always say to those who run up the score that you better be an elite team because if you aren't beat or play tight with them you might be on the other end of running up the score when you face them. :)
I don't think Jacksonville has been running up scores. They cleared the benches early in the game with Valparaiso, which is arguably the worst team in FCS. You are not going to stop scoring in the first half of a game. Jacksonville hit 66 in the first half. They went to the reserves in the second half. Having seen them a couple of times on DVD, the Dolphins are a very talented team.

theasushow
October 25th, 2010, 11:17 PM
I don't think Jacksonville has been running up scores. They cleared the benches early in the game with Valparaiso, which is arguably the worst team in FCS. You are not going to stop scoring in the first half of a game. Jacksonville hit 66 in the first half. They went to the reserves in the second half. Having seen them a couple of times on DVD, the Dolphins are a very talented team.

what happened in Boone? choke job in front on large crowd? ASU manhandled them back in September (620 yards of total offense), might be a slightly different story if they played today......still think ASU would win comftorably, I see JU finishing around 5th-6th if they were in the SOCON.

IaaScribe
October 25th, 2010, 11:42 PM
I had RMU at #18 in my TSN vote.

JMUNJ08
October 26th, 2010, 12:26 AM
what happened in Boone? choke job in front on large crowd? ASU manhandled them back in September (620 yards of total offense), might be a slightly different story if they played today......still think ASU would win comftorably, I see JU finishing around 5th-6th if they were in the SOCON.

I thought most people, esp. ASU fans said they got a game for the first 3 quarters. Why so different? Looking at the raw numbers can only tell you so much.

JUDolphins
October 26th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Why is JU ahead of Dayton? Because they have NOT TRAILED at any moment to a PFL team this year. Dayton was behind entering the 4th quarter to Campbell. Yes, they won, but it wasn't exactly the dominating wins that JU has posted.

Running up the scores? JU put 56 on Marist and easily could have made it 77 if they wanted to. The Valpo game got out of hand with two defensive TDs and a special teams TD.

As for the ASU game - some people are going to say man-handled because they scored the last 28 points to turn a 17-14 game into a 45-14 win.

From our side, we were trying to win the game - not keep the score close. If wanted to keep the score close, we would have ran the ball more in the 4th quarter.

Instead, we were still throwing the ball trying to get back in the game. There are a lot of teams that wouldn't do that.

ASU is a lot better than anyone on this board gives them credit for. I saw Pressley and Edwards - I think Pressley is a better all-around QB than Edwards.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 26th, 2010, 09:21 AM

In JU's defense, there are a lot of defenses that App's offense has "manhandled" this year.