PDA

View Full Version : William & Mary

UNHFan
October 24th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Can all CAA friends agree... these guys with out a doubt have the hardest final 4 games in FCS?

UNH final 4 isn't anything to laugh about either

But wow!!! Gotta till ya I am so rooting for WM against NC

paward
October 24th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Let's see, they have:

10/30 @ North Carolina
11/06 @ New Hampshire
11/13 @ JMU
11/20 Richmond (Oldest Rivalry in the South)

I would say it is a tough schedule but in the CAA meat grinder all teams have a tough go of it in the final weeks.

Richmond has:

10/30 @ Villanova
11/06 JMU
11/13 Rhode Island
11/30 @ W&M

We have our hands full with no room for error.

CAA modern day Gladiators, last man standing has to face the crowd to get the thumb up or down!

MR. CHICKEN
October 24th, 2010, 08:05 PM
DELAWARE'S FINAL FOUR:

@ WM & MARY 16-17
TOWSON
@ UMA$$
VILLANOVA

BlueHenSinfonian
October 24th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Let's see, they have:

10/30 @ North Carolina
11/06 @ New Hempshire
11/13 @ JMU
11/20 Richmond (Oldest Rivalry in the South)

CAA modern day Gladiators, last man standing has to face the crowd to get the thumb up or down!

Is that a comment on the herbal proclivities of the Granite State populace, or a typo?

Skjellyfetti
October 24th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Appalachian:

Furman
Georgia Southern
Wofford
Florida

MR. CHICKEN
October 24th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Appalachian:

Furman
Georgia Southern
Wofford
Florida

YEOW!!

UNHFan
October 24th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Huh?? I think we agree... but I feel you are saying North Carolina... is a wash with Rhode Island? Based on your post the rest is a coin toss then. So sorry WM has the toughest hands down! And trust me I know RI is a good team. :) They beat UNH and played dam hard all season.

UNHFan
October 24th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Mr Chicken I dont mean to not think your guys dont have the a harder final 4 games. Just really talking CAA here and if we both keep this up? We will get money and sponsors to get the games we really wanna see....Our boys playing each other on Comcast and ESPNU ect... if FCS keeps this pace going. We will have big games between the FCS big boys :)

VUCats02
October 24th, 2010, 09:17 PM
It's going to be a very interesting last month of football. That's for sure.

UNHFan
October 24th, 2010, 09:33 PM
AMEN BROTHER!!! I am going to spend many bucks paying for Webcasts... must say App State fans?? this UNH guy has a season tick to your webcast top notch!

paward
October 24th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Appalachian:

Furman
Georgia Southern
Wofford
Florida

This schedule is hot and heavy, 2! Gotta tell you I think you have a good shot at shocking the Gators.

Saint3333
October 24th, 2010, 09:49 PM
For the past 10+ years the SoCon has made ASU play Furman, GSU, and Wofford in back to back to back weeks. This is almost like the SEC allowing 6 SEC teams to have their bye week before Alabama this year.

MR. CHICKEN
October 24th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Mr Chicken I dont mean to not think your guys dont have the a harder final 4 games. Just really talking CAA here and if we both keep this up? We will get money and sponsors to get the games we really wanna see....Our boys playing each other on Comcast and ESPNU ect... if FCS keeps this pace going. We will have big games between the FCS big boys :)

NOT REALLY SAYIN' DELAWARE HAS DUH TUFFEST.....JES' THROWIN' OURAHS OUT DERE....LIKE paward DID..IN POST #2......AWK!

VILLANOVA:
RICHMOND
RHODE ISLAND
NEW HAMPSHIRE
DELAWARE

JMU:
UMA$$
RICHMOND
WM & MARY
MAINE

UMA$$:
JMU
MAINE
DELAWARE
RHODE ISLAND

NEW HAMPSHIRE:
UMA$$ 39-13
WM & MARY
VILLANOVA
TOWSON

RICHMOND:
VILLANOVA
JMU
RHODE ISLAND
WM & MARY

DELAWARE:
WM & MARY 16-17
TOWSON
UMA$$
VILLANOVA

WM & MARY:
NORFF CAROLINA
NEW HAMPSHIRE
UMA$$
RICHMOND

soccerguy315
October 25th, 2010, 12:01 AM
W&M could easily lose anywhere between 0 (probably 1) and 4 of those last 4 games...

UNH might be finding their football skills just in time to end their forever long losing streak (I think it's like 10 games or something) against the Tribe.

T-Dog
October 25th, 2010, 01:05 AM
For the past 10+ years the SoCon has made ASU play Furman, GSU, and Wofford in back to back to back weeks. This is almost like the SEC allowing 6 SEC teams to have their bye week before Alabama this year.

And for 1992-1996, replace Wofford with Marshall. xscanx

spdram
October 25th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Looks like none of the CAA teams have push over schedules from here out -- I could easily pick some 2-2 splits in this bunch. But that helps to get the winners ready for their playoff runs. App St has a brutal finish too! The main thing that sets W&M apart is they stay on the road so much and they still have their 1-A game with UNC left. Hope they get a BIG payday and don't get beaten up to much.

mcveyrl
October 25th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Looks like none of the CAA teams have push over schedules from here out -- I could easily pick some 2-2 splits in this bunch. But that helps to get the winners ready for their playoff runs. App St has a brutal finish too! The main thing that sets W&M apart is they stay on the road so much and they still have their 1-A game with UNC left. Hope they get a BIG payday and don't get beaten up to much.

Not to propogate the CAA bias, but with NU and Hofstra gone you could not pick 4 random CAA teams and pick 4 gimmes.

Dane96
October 25th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Appalachian:

Furman
Georgia Southern
Wofford
Florida

Takes the cake...that is just plain nasty. 4 ranked teams, plus a game at Florida...damn. If Appy goes 3-1...they are the real deal. 2-2...I would still say they are top 10. They COULD go 1-3.

Nebuta
October 25th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Have to agree with mcveyrl, you could choose any CAA team's last 4 and you could say they would have tougher road then about 95% of other FCS schools last 4. Got to say App St last 4 is 1A as far as toughest with W&M's last 4 not far behind - 1B. Glad to see App St finally getting to the meat of the schedule, so we can a better gauge on the team.

boonegoon
October 25th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Takes the cake...that is just plain nasty. 4 ranked teams, plus a game at Florida...damn. If Appy goes 3-1...they are the real deal. 2-2...I would still say they are top 10. They COULD go 1-3.

I hate to say it, but, you may be right. Good news is that Florida is the only real passing threat. Our pass D has been horrible.

ericsaid
October 25th, 2010, 09:11 AM
What's Jacksonville States final 4? DO they have a good chance and winning out and if so, where does that leave them for seeding?

Redbirdz
October 25th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Jacksonville State has three games remaining including Eastern Kentucky Nov. 6, Southeast Missouri State Nov. 13 and Tennessee Tech Nov. 20. JSU has an off week Saturday. Of the three, SEMO will probably be a top 10 team and the game may decide the OVC championship as both are undefeated in the conference. The game will be played at J'ville and I expect over 20,000 to turn out for this one.

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 25th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Takes the cake...that is just plain nasty. 4 ranked teams, plus a game at Florida...damn. If Appy goes 3-1...they are the real deal. 2-2...I would still say they are top 10. They COULD go 1-3.TSN rankings, AGS rankings

W&M:

UNC(FBS)
UNH(#10, #10)
JMU(#15, #16)
Richmond (#14, #17)

Appy:

Furman(unranked, #25)
Georgia Southern(unranked, unranked)
Wofford(#9, #8)
UF(FBS)

Throw in the fact that 3 of W&M's 4 are road games, while only 2 of APP's are, I don't think you have any ground to stand on saying ASU has a tougher schedule down the stretch.

soccerguy315
October 25th, 2010, 12:41 PM

IMO ASU has to win all of their FCS games that are left to justify their ranking. If they drop one of them, they will probably fall into the ~10 range.