PDA

View Full Version : Southland Conference - Week Nine Predictions

TexasTerror
October 24th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Welcome to our annual Southland Conference prediction thread. I will not be keeping track of everyone's results week to week, so you are more than welcome to do your part in helping out! For purposes of Lamar's entrance into the league in 2011, we'll also be including them in our predictions!

Week Nine Game Listing
Southeastern Louisiana @ Central Arkansas
Texas State - San Marcos @ Stephen F. Austin
Sam Houston State @ Northwestern State
Nicholls @ McNeese State
Lamar @ North Dakota

Week Nine TT's Predictions & Quick Analysis

Southeastern Louisiana @ Central Arkansas - UCA is still in the playoff race if they can win out. The Bears already have SFA in their rear view mirror and play 3 of 4 at home to end the year. SLU makes the long trek up and Josh Lewis is not along for the ride, so nothing from long distance looks good for SLU. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Texas State - San Marcos @ Stephen F. Austin - SFA proved that they are the top team in the SLC with their win over SHSU - probably the only team in the league besides SFA that had shown consistency for a 2-3 week period. The Bobcats though, you could say have been consistent. Consistently getting worse. Is Ardnt out with an injury? If so, sways even more in favor of STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Sam Houston State @ Northwestern State - The Demons are doing things to produce victories. They beat UCA in Conway and TXST in San Marcos. Now they get the Bearkats, who could potentially be 'spent' after the game against SFA. Figure Scott Stoker will get the 'D' back in line for this one and Flanders will have a bit more room to run than he did against SFA. SAM HOUSTON STATE

Nicholls @ McNeese State - The Colonels are still learning how to walk and the Cowboys did get a road win, which means a lot in the SLC. The Pokes should have no problem here. McNEESE STATE

Lamar @ North Dakota - Lamar makes the trek to North Dakota. The Cards had a week off, but that's not enough time to get their issues worked out. The best thing Lamar can hope for is that Whitten provides a repeat performance at the OC position as he did when Ferguson was out during the Bearkats trip up to ND a few years ago to face NDSU. Still going with the NORTH DAKOTA Sioux by 14.

TT's Predictions All-Time Results
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 40-22 (9-18 SLC)
2009 Record: 41-22 (16-12 SLC)
2010 Record: 35-10 (8-4 SLC)
Total: 162-68 (57-38 SLC) [/B]

McNeese75
October 24th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Southeastern Louisiana @ Central Arkansas - Lion defense can be really tough so unless they pull another SHSU, they will be in this one.
Texas State - San Marcos @ Stephen F. Austin - Moses has never beaten the Cats but based on the last three weeks, this is the year.
Sam Houston State @ Northwestern State - Demons have their head up and have the athletes to give the Kats fits.
Nicholls @ McNeese State Nicholls QB sounds like the type that can give the Cowboys trouble but I will go with our D.
Lamar @ North Dakota Cards are NOT going to like that dome in the far north against a pretty salty bunch of Sioux

2010 Results
31-15

GeauxLions94
October 24th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Southeastern Louisiana @ Central Arkansas - UCA gained under 300 yard total offense against Nicholls, but got 10 sacks (no crawfish were in them), scored on a fumble recovery and a 98-yard interception last week against Nicholls ... Southeastern lost a heartbreaker against McNeese and needs to win out to secure a winning season ... long trip for the Lions, who are one of two SLC teams to not win on the road this season ... Lions also 0-2 in Homecoming games (at SHSU, own) and guess who's having homecoming this week??? CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Texas State @ Stephen F. Austin - Texas State won last year's contest in San Marcos and blew out the Jacks two years ago at Homer Bryce ... crazy things have happened before in this league, but not this crazy ... STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Sam Houston State @ Northwestern State - Has BDP and the Demons found their mojo? Can Sam Houston State continue to grow ... Intriguing matchup this week at Turpin as two young teams battle to stay alive for the (dare I say) conference title ... NORTHWESTERN STATE

Nicholls @ McNeese State - McNeese State has SFA and SLU in its rearview mirror and could be ready to make its run for the playoffs ... Thibodaux is home to the new "Sack Exchange" and the Colonel offense will have its hands full with a veteran and speedy defense ... McNEESE STATE

Lamar @ North Dakota - It's Big Red heading north to face Big Green ... Cards have struggled since their win over another Green team but Cards will have tough time against the Fighting, the Fighting, ah, you know ... NORTH DAKOTA

houtexan
October 25th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Week Nine
Nicholls @ McNeese State
Lamar @ North Dakota

El Gato
October 25th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Week Nine
Texas State @ Stephen F. Austin we suck. and just heard on bobcatfans that QB Arndt is out for the season with a torn ACL. Now we will really really suck.
Nicholls @ McNeese State
Lamar @ North Dakota

msusig
October 25th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Texas State @ Stephen F. Austin - Good luck to Texas State.
Nicholls @ McNeese State
Lamar @ North Dakota

37-10

msusig
October 25th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Week Nine
Nicholls @ McNeese State
Lamar @ North Dakota

Not picking Lamar?

TexasTerror
October 26th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Not picking Lamar?

A realist emerges!

DG Cowboy
October 26th, 2010, 10:05 AM
UCA, SFA, NW, McN, ND.

Got 'em all correct last week. Still no prize in the mail.

McNeese75
October 26th, 2010, 10:15 AM
UCA, SFA, NW, McN, ND.

Got 'em all correct last week. Still no prize in the mail.

Check is in the mail, so just hold your breath xlolx

houtexan
October 26th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Not picking Lamar?
As much as I'd like to, I don't think they'll win @ND. If it were in Beaumont, I'd give them a better chance....Hope I'm wrong! :)

houtexan
October 26th, 2010, 02:47 PM
A realist emerges!
; )

msusig
October 26th, 2010, 08:18 PM
As much as I'd like to, I don't think they'll win @ND. If it were in Beaumont, I'd give them a better chance....Hope I'm wrong! :)

Looks like I'll be the only one picking the cardinals this week.

houtexan
October 27th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Looks like I'll be the only one picking the cardinals this week.
I hope you're right! I'll change mine if it'll make you feel better! I've been bashed all season, one more week won't make much difference. HA.

msusig
October 27th, 2010, 06:52 PM
I hope you're right! I'll change mine if it'll make you feel better! I've been bashed all season, one more week won't make much difference. HA.

I definitely think Lamar has a good chance to win, but I wouldn't say they should be favored. I'm hoping this game will help my record compared to TexasTerror.

centexguy
October 27th, 2010, 07:26 PM
UND's starting quarterback is out for the season so that helps Lamar's chances a little, but lately they haven't been able to score. If Bevil can have a decent game and not turn the ball over a lot then Lamar has a chance to win. Another plus for Lamar is their leading receiver J.J. Hayes is back after missing the last two games.

Frosty The Snowbuff
October 30th, 2010, 01:20 AM
Southeastern Louisiana @ Central Arkansas ----- Going with the home team on this one.....
Texas State - San Marcos @ Stephen F. Austin ---- If NSU did it...imagaine what SFA can do.....
Sam Houston State @ Northwestern State ----- It worked last week.....therefore....I refuse to pick this game....lol
Nicholls @ McNeese State ----- Voodoo doesn't work in the Hole....
Lamar @ North Dakota ----- OUCH!!!!

Cat79
October 30th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Texas State has arrived to spoil the SFA party. Demons had better be thankful.

TexasTerror
October 30th, 2010, 10:04 PM
A 3-2 week. Better pick up my game, so I avoid a 20+ loss year!

2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 40-22 (9-18 SLC)
2009 Record: 41-22 (16-12 SLC)
2010 Record: 38-12 (10-6 SLC)
Total: 165-70 (59-40 SLC)