PDA

View Full Version : Podcast of I-AA

Bobcat94
February 8th, 2006, 02:05 PM
I'm just now getting into this iPod thing, but have become somewhat addicted to certain podcasts, which I listen to during the commutes to and from work. Have there been any discussions for your school (or Ralph your show) to begin producing podcasts? I believe this has been briefly discussed before on this site, but don't remember the outcome. I would think this would be a great thing to provide the fans of I-AA in an effort to utilize the technology we have to advance the I-AA cause. Post game shows, highlights of the radio calls, coach's shows, video highlights, any thoughts?

February 8th, 2006, 02:07 PM
I'm just now getting into this iPod thing, but have become somewhat addicted to certain podcasts, which I listen to during the commutes to and from work. Have there been any discussions for your school (or Ralph your show) to begin producing podcasts? I believe this has been briefly discussed before on this site, but don't remember the outcome. I would think this would be a great thing to provide the fans of I-AA in an effort to utilize the technology we have to advance the I-AA cause. Post game shows, highlights of the radio calls, coach's shows, video highlights, any thoughts?I-AA WAVES is podcast.

colgate13
February 8th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Bobcat -

Subscribe in iTunes with this URL: http://iaawaves.libsyn.com/rss

I'm a Podcast addict too! My long range plan would be to do a Colgate football podcast, but we've got to get some hardware before I could ever do that. Until then, I'll just have to be happy blogging!

But I do agree; I think we are just at the very beginning of what we can get out to the public in terms of media. Video highlights are the next big thing IMO - especially for alumni.

jwfgeol
February 8th, 2006, 02:50 PM
I've started the site listed in my sig. Haven't got it up on iTunes yet, but I plan on doing that before next year.

colgate13
February 8th, 2006, 02:52 PM
I've started the site listed in my sig. Haven't got it up on iTunes yet, but I plan on doing that before next year.

That is the holy grail for me. Get it on iTunes and I can subscribe to it and listen at work... or whatever it is you call whatever I do. :)

Bobcat94
February 8th, 2006, 03:55 PM
I-AA WAVES is podcast.

Well Hell! Sorry 'bout that. I'll down load it tonight!!!

Colgate, thanks. Yeah, the video iPOD I have is pretty freakin' cool. Great sound and great video at least for the size screen you are working with. Totally agree, podcast would be a great vehicle for I-AA alumni to keep track of their teams.

blukeys
February 8th, 2006, 05:36 PM
I think this is the "Wave" (sorry Ralph no attempt at copyright infringement) of the future. Description and analysis of individual games could be made available. The worthiness of the analysis and the objectivity of the reporter can be decided by individual tastes. For Instance I would read and /or listen to the analysis of Colgate 13, LFN, and Umass 74 based on their blogs and I would trust that I was getting a picture of the respective teams. Yes all these guys are fans of their respective teams but they all make a serious attempt to be accurate and of course I expect some homerism.

Glenn Reynolds the author of Instapundit has written a great book "An
Army of Davids" which highlights the power that the Internet has unleashed to regular citizens. This is a fascinating read. Glenn Reynolds is considered conservative by most but Liberal bloggers have been singing the praises of the book.

The same concepts that Glenn applies to National Political Media also applies to sports. The No. 1 poll for I-AA football is ours. I truly respect the judgement of members of this board over some SID Or Ad in Idaho to know what is happenning in I-AA football!!!!