PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Shot by Sam Houston's #21 Will Henry

lionsrking2
October 22nd, 2010, 01:56 AM
Sam Houston State LB, #21 Will Henry, shoves Southeastern Louisiana's Evan Niles, well after the play...Niles tears ACL on the play and is lost for the year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ELdNh9OiR0

kingkat99
October 22nd, 2010, 08:02 AM
Looks like he was playing until the whistle blew to me...

Cocky
October 22nd, 2010, 08:47 AM
Did he get a flag?

kingkat99
October 22nd, 2010, 08:56 AM
Nope, and the official was right there...besides it was a love tap anyway.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 22nd, 2010, 09:41 AM
Unfortunate for the O-Lineman, but that type of stuff happens all the time... I've got no problem with the play itself.

cpalum
October 22nd, 2010, 09:45 AM
Sam Houston State LB, #21 Will Henry, shoves Southeastern Louisiana's Evan Niles, well after the play...Niles tears ACL on the play and is lost for the year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ELdNh9OiR0

It is too bad Niles was injured but that was not a "cheap shot" at all

superman7515
October 22nd, 2010, 09:56 AM
It was a travesty and a sham and a mockery... it was a traveshamockery! This sort of thing should never be allowed to happen to Pat Devlin... Oh wait, it was a different team... carry on.

AxeEmJacks
October 22nd, 2010, 10:05 AM
Classless.

boonegoon
October 22nd, 2010, 10:43 AM
I think it was a cheap shot. In the back, after the play.

darell1976
October 22nd, 2010, 10:46 AM
I don't think it was a cheap shot it was pretty much when they blew the whistle and it was from the side so no hit from behind. Its too bad he got injured but I say totally legal play.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 22nd, 2010, 11:16 AM
I wonder if Will Henry will contemplate retirement? I mean, how can he continue to play the game he loves if he cannot shove people at the end of plays?!?!

I suggest he takes a couple days off to think things over...

TexasTerror
October 22nd, 2010, 11:19 AM
Response from KatFans.com...

"That was one of the weakest "cheap shots" I have ever seen. "

"Its calle playing til the whistle blows and its also apart of the game...sucks that he got hurt but that was a love tap at best...."

"1) It wasn't to the back, the guy was running to tackle someone and Will Henry pushed him. I think if a 200 pound linebacker can push over your starting offensive guard, then it's more embarrassing for the OG.
2) Far from a cheap shot."

"WHATEVER<

your an O-Loineman, you need to be looking upfield on play like that
sorry he is out though,

but NO cheap shot"

mcveyrl
October 22nd, 2010, 12:12 PM
Why is a defender hitting a blocker in the back when the runner is five yards behind the blocker? If he's playing defense, he should be taking on the runner.

To me, it's the logistics that makes it questionable. If it's not a cheap shot it's extremely poor defense. He should've cut back behind him...

HCbacker
October 22nd, 2010, 12:23 PM
that was a big time cheapshot by a thug

lionsrking2
October 22nd, 2010, 12:37 PM
Response from KatFans.com...

"That was one of the weakest "cheap shots" I have ever seen. "

"Its calle playing til the whistle blows and its also apart of the game...sucks that he got hurt but that was a love tap at best...."

"1) It wasn't to the back, the guy was running to tackle someone and Will Henry pushed him. I think if a 200 pound linebacker can push over your starting offensive guard, then it's more embarrassing for the OG.
2) Far from a cheap shot."

"WHATEVER<

your an O-Loineman, you need to be looking upfield on play like that
sorry he is out though,

but NO cheap shot"

TT, it's a cheap shot - plain and simple...there's a reason why clipping, blocking in the back and hitting after the whistle is illegal...but, if BearKitten fans are okay with it, we'll see how they like it when they come to Hammond next year.

kingkat99
October 22nd, 2010, 12:54 PM
If you were at the game there was plenty of "cheap shots" from you beloved lions, just look at how many personal fouls they had especially as the beatdown got worse...bottom line if the guy hadnt gotten hurt you wouldnt even be talking about it right now. And thats generally how yall play in Hammond anyway so what else would be new next year???

eagle1
October 22nd, 2010, 01:08 PM
Sam Houston needs to get rid of that old *** astro turf which probably had more to do with him tearing his ACL then the hit did.

lionsrking2
October 22nd, 2010, 01:09 PM
If you were at the game there was plenty of "cheap shots" from you beloved lions, just look at how many personal fouls they had especially as the beatdown got worse...bottom line if the guy hadnt gotten hurt you wouldnt even be talking about it right now. And thats generally how yall play in Hammond anyway so what else would be new next year???

I hear ya pal.

TexasTerror
October 22nd, 2010, 01:13 PM
TT, it's a cheap shot - plain and simple...there's a reason why clipping, blocking in the back and hitting after the whistle is illegal...but, if BearKitten fans are okay with it, we'll see how they like it when they come to Hammond next year.

I can't hear the whistle and I'm not going to make a judgement call when I can not hear/see everything going on - so I won't.

I was just sharing KatFans.com feedback on the subject.

Sam Houston needs to get rid of that old *** astro turf which probably had more to do with him tearing his ACL then the hit did.

SHSU just replaced their turf a year or two ago... funny though that a EWU fan is bringing up field issues based off of 2004. ;)

darell1976
October 22nd, 2010, 01:15 PM

IMO it looks like he was hit towards the shoulder not directly in the back.

lionsrking2
October 22nd, 2010, 01:22 PM
IMO it looks like he was hit towards the shoulder not directly in the back.

It might not be "directly in the back" but it's from behind, and clearly after he knew the play was over...he slows up and appears to relax before the shove which is pretty blatant...if it was unavoidable, that's one thing, and would be considered "just footbal" but this could have been avoided pretty easily IMO...but, we know the ground rules now, so...

kingkat99
October 22nd, 2010, 01:28 PM
He slowed up and gave the guy a love tap thats alll...he cant help he face planted like a toddler learning to walk...I just never figured you could tear a ligament so easily....

JJWooten
October 22nd, 2010, 06:03 PM
It sucks for the lineman who got injured, but in reality, Niles is 310 pounds to Henry's 210 pounds. Henry pushes him in the shoulder on the way to the ball. Had the running back put his hand down and not fallen on his face, Henry would have been ready to make a tackle. As a linebacker, you have to engage the guards, shove them out of the way, and get to the running back. Had this happened on the other side of the field, I'd call it a cheap shot, but here, no it's just Henry moving someone 50% heavier than him out of the way to be prepared in case the running back stayed on his feet.

bjtheflamesfan
October 22nd, 2010, 07:34 PM
Classless.

I'll say this to you Axe...if every unfortunate occurrence that doesnt involve your team is classless, I hope that when somebody does something good and its posted on here that youre the first person in line to give props to them, because I sometimes have to wonder what your standard for a "classy action" would be

blackfordpu
October 23rd, 2010, 12:10 AM
Classless.

xrolleyesx

lionsrking2
October 23rd, 2010, 12:38 AM
It sucks for the lineman who got injured, but in reality, Niles is 310 pounds to Henry's 210 pounds. Henry pushes him in the shoulder on the way to the ball. Had the running back put his hand down and not fallen on his face, Henry would have been ready to make a tackle. As a linebacker, you have to engage the guards, shove them out of the way, and get to the running back. Had this happened on the other side of the field, I'd call it a cheap shot, but here, no it's just Henry moving someone 50% heavier than him out of the way to be prepared in case the running back stayed on his feet.

Nice spin...the play was over, he saw that it was over, was slowing down, and still decided to take a last-second, blind-side, sucker swipe at our guy in the back...it was classless and dirty and what goes around, comes around.

kingkat99
October 23rd, 2010, 07:20 AM
Nice spin...the play was over, he saw that it was over, was slowing down, and still decided to take a last-second, blind-side, sucker swipe at our guy in the back...it was classless and dirty and what goes around, comes around.

I like how its classless and dirty when it happens to YOUR team but not when your dirty team does it the whole game to other people. What goes around does come around and your team played just like that the whole game and it came around and now you don't like the outcome, of course I'm sure getting your collective arses handed to you by a team you should have beat and having to stew on it on your long drive home probably doesn't help. And if that's still on your mind next season and you think as a fan you have any say about "retribution" you may need to get a life....now its gameday so go get ready for your beatdown by the only real fcs football team in la...