PDA

View Full Version : MSU's Kramer off to IDAHO????

RockyMtnGriz
February 8th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Montana State's Mike Kramer is interviewing for the vacant University of Idaho job. Their first choice is Dennis Erickson. If Erickson decides against taking the job, very little doubt that Kramer would get the job.

The article states that if Kramer is gone from MSU, the AD will be talking to Mike Van Deist of the 4 time defending NAIA National Champs Carroll College. If this is the case, watch out for MSU. Van Deist will make them into perenial NC contenders.

Kramer interviewing with Uof Idaho (http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060208/SPORTS/602080327/1006)

AZGrizFan
February 8th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Montana State's Mike Kramer is interviewing for the vacant University of Idaho job. Their first choice is Dennis Erickson. If Erickson decides against taking the job, very little doubt that Kramer would get the job.

The article states that if Kramer is gone from MSU, the AD will be talking to Mike Van Deist of the 4 time defending NAIA National Champs Carroll College. If this is the case, watch out for MSU. Van Deist will make them into perenial NC contenders.

Kramer interviewing with Uof Idaho (http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060208/SPORTS/602080327/1006)

Ahhhh, The Univeristy of Idaho. Where coaches go to have their careers die. Just like pro coaches and the Arizona Cardinals. Karmer's an idiot xidiotx xidiotx if he goes there. He'll be like Joe Glenn in 3-4 years, looking for a job at a D-2 school just to get back into the game after 3 straight 3-9 years at Ida-hoe gets him fired....

Ronbo
February 8th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Mike Van Deist would be smart to wait 2-3 more years because when Bobby Hauch leaves Montana the job is his.

grizindabox
February 8th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Dennis Erickson will be the next HC at Idaho

RockyMtnGriz
February 8th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Erickson will most likely take the job, and I hope he does. Just because I would like Van Deist to be available to the Griz next time we need to go lookin'.

GOKATS
February 8th, 2006, 12:35 PM
UI hired Dennis Erickson.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060208/FRONTPAGE/60208005

AZGrizFan
February 8th, 2006, 01:16 PM
UI hired Dennis Erickson.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060208/FRONTPAGE/60208005

Unbelievable. He was the coach when I went to school there in the mid-80's. It was University of Miami West, with a bunch of thugs who routinely got arrested for shoplifting, drugs, and other illegal stuff and he got it all to "disappear" so they could play...

NEVER have liked him, after what he did to Wyoming and Washington State...he's a job hopper, and I give him 2 years max, and he'll be on to greener pastures.

Idaho just never learns. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Mr. C
February 8th, 2006, 05:36 PM
When Erickson was at Idaho the first time, I was covering a junior college in California called West Hills College in 1982. This school surprisingly won its conference and went to a JC bowl game with a head coach from Texas named Carl Ferrill bringing in a bunch of Texas players. Right after the season, Erickson hired Ferrill away to Idaho. Ferrill took at least two players with him from West Hills, a speedy WR named Ronnie Oliver and a very fast Samoan defensive tackle that they turned into a LB named Sam Manoa. Manoa's brother Tim played at Penn State and later was a fullback in the NFL for a few years. That whole staff that Erickson put together couldn't wait to get out of Moscow, Idaho the first chance they got.

AZGrizFan
February 8th, 2006, 08:10 PM
When Erickson was at Idaho the first time, I was covering a junior college in California called West Hills College in 1982. This school surprisingly won its conference and went to a JC bowl game with a head coach from Texas named Carl Ferrill bringing in a bunch of Texas players. Right after the season, Erickson hired Ferrill away to Idaho. Ferrill took at least two players with him from West Hills, a speedy WR named Ronnie Oliver and a very fast Samoan defensive tackle that they turned into a LB named Sam Manoa. Manoa's brother Tim played at Penn State and later was a fullback in the NFL for a few years. That whole staff that Erickson put together couldn't wait to get out of Moscow, Idaho the first chance they got.

Apparently neither could Erickson, which is why I find it so funny he's back....I give him 2 years, maybe three tops, before he's gone to greener pastures.

Kill'em
February 9th, 2006, 03:04 AM
Ahhhh, The Univeristy of Idaho. Where coaches go to have their careers die. Just like pro coaches and the Arizona Cardinals. Karmer's an idiot xidiotx xidiotx if he goes there. He'll be like Joe Glenn in 3-4 years, looking for a job at a D-2 school just to get back into the game after 3 straight 3-9 years at Ida-hoe gets him fired....
Curious, what about Joe Glenn?

AZGrizFan
February 9th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Curious, what about Joe Glenn?

I was thinking of somebody else....sorry.