PDA

View Full Version : Annual Reminder of SLC Football Tie-Breakers

TexasTerror
October 21st, 2010, 07:50 PM
This has caused controversy over the years - so thanks to the SLC for presenting these before we all get in a tizy in trying to figure this all out... but these are the rules as voted on by the people that really have plenty at stake in all of this...

Most notable of debate over the years is this one - incase of an unbreakable multiple-way tie...

6.03.02.03 Unbreakable Ties. If a tie remains after the above procedures are attempted, the NCAA Championship-eligible member that has been absent from the Division I Championship for the longest period of time shall be designated as the Conference's representative in the Division I Championship.

http://www.southland.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=18400&ATCLID=205016114

McNeese75
October 21st, 2010, 07:55 PM
Sounds like somebody is thinking about a 2004 appearance as compared to 2009 xscanx If the Kats lose this weekend it will probably be moot anyway.

TexasTerror
October 21st, 2010, 07:59 PM
Sounds like somebody is thinking about a 2004 appearance as compared to 2009 xscanx If the Kats lose this weekend it will probably be moot anyway.

Not really thinking about the SHSU perspective on this, when I posted. Just saw it on Twitter and thought it was worth sharing..

IMO, if we lose to SFA - we're not going to make the playoffs. Just have a hard time thinking we'l be 8-3 at the end of the year (7-3 against Div I competition since the Lamar situation).