PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-23

JALMOND
October 21st, 2010, 01:26 AM
This week I am at 35-5 for the season. Now is where it gets interesting as the first signs of weather may plague the games. Unlike last week, this week has the top three teams at home once again playing down the I-90 corridor. Funny how that happens. This week's predictions in the Big Sky, still striving for perfection. All are my opinions and all are open for discussion.

NAU @ UM---A pleasant surprise for the conference last week as the Jacks showed that Montana State was not just going to run away with the title. The rout brought the conference closer together. The Grizzlies needed a final last minute drive to kick a field goal and once again put Portland State away. The Jacks may have got the attention of the Grizzlies after last week. I don't know if that is a good thing...UM 21, NAU 17.

UNC @ MSU---What was surprising about last week probably centered around these two teams. The Bears surprisingly hung around against Eastern Washington, finally succumbing late in the game. The Bobcats could not do anything right in their big loss to Northern Arizona. What does it mean this week? The Bobcats now know they are not invincible...MSU 42, UNC 10.

PSU @ WSU---Here we are getting into late October and most are still waiting for the Wildcats to come to life. Last week was supposed to be a breakout game as they were playing Idaho State, as good a time to "get well" as any time. Yet the Wildcats were unable to shake Idaho State. They still got the win but not how they wanted. The Vikings, on the other hand, had Montana right where they wanted them, then let Montana steal the game. Will the home team prevail here? Possibly, but the road team is better...PSU 24, WSU 16.

Sac State @ EWU---A battle between two of the rushing leaders in the conference. Hilliard has been a pleasant surprise for the Hornets, showing little effects from sitting out all last year. Jones has been pretty much the Eagle offense all year, including last week when he carried the Eagles to a win over Northern Colorado. This is probably the best game in the conference...EWU 28, Sac State 26.

I Bleed Purple
October 21st, 2010, 03:43 AM
We'll see if I'll see some mistake free football on Saturday. I don't have my hopes high.

Chance of rain, so that may affect things.

wapiti
October 21st, 2010, 09:30 AM
NAU 32 @ UM 20---UM has been able to take care of home field this year, but those were Western State, Idaho State, and Sac State in a squeeker. NAU is better then those teams and NAU knows how to play on the road. (This is my BSC game of the week.)

UNC 17 @ MSU 28--- MSU picks up the pieces from last weeks mistake prone game and takes apart UNC.

PSU 24 @ WSU 23--- From what I have seen and heard this year, Portland State is the better team in this match up, but Weber State is at home. Making this a tough one to pick. I will go with the better team team finding a way to win.

Sac State 27 @ EWU 35---I will go with the home team here. Sac State will play well, but EWU is at home and T. Jones is going to have a hay day.

knf
October 21st, 2010, 12:13 PM
NAU 32 @ UM 20---UM has been able to take care of home field this year, but those were Western State, Idaho State, and Sac State in a squeeker. NAU is better then those teams and NAU knows how to play on the road. (This is my BSC game of the week.)

UNC 17 @ MSU 28--- MSU picks up the pieces from last weeks mistake prone game and takes apart UNC.

PSU 24 @ WSU 23--- From what I have seen and heard this year, Portland State is the better team in this match up, but Weber State is at home. Making this a tough one to pick. I will go with the better team team finding a way to win.

Sac State 27 @ EWU 35---I will go with the home team here. Sac State will play well, but EWU is at home and T. Jones is going to have a hay day.

I feel like Sac State is gonna go ahead and take out Eastern. Sac is a team that could blow up at any minute and down a ranked squad so I'm gonna go with SAC 33 EWU 30

As for PSU, I'm honestly surprised at the level of play they have put out this year as opposed to years past. This team is on its way up in terms of program strength. Weber can't catch 'em. PSU 28 WSU 17

I don't see Montana State getting run over like last week. NAU showed they can be a hell of a team if they play well and thats exactly what I don't see Northern being. Unless MSU shoots themselves in the foot repeatedly this will be a three possession ball game when all is said and done. MSU 44 UNC 24

Northern had a hell of a performance down in Flagstaff, but can they take the momentum back to Washington Griz? This has to be the matchup of the week; with four teams from the big sky now in the top 25 things start to become more interesting in games like these. Bear in mind NAU may be looking at its last chance to beat a top ten team and two in a row would potentially seal them a playoff bid. I feel like the Grizzlies have been hit or miss a couple times this season so you never really know when they will roll or be stagnant. NAU is gonna put up a hell of a fight but ultimately I think UM takes it at home 35 - 28*

*I could be really really wrong here. Part of me feels like NAU could be the best team in the conference. Michael Herrick is a scary dude.

JALMOND
October 23rd, 2010, 07:39 PM
This week I am at 35-5 for the season. Now is where it gets interesting as the first signs of weather may plague the games. Unlike last week, this week has the top three teams at home once again playing down the I-90 corridor. Funny how that happens. This week's predictions in the Big Sky, still striving for perfection. All are my opinions and all are open for discussion.

NAU @ UM---A pleasant surprise for the conference last week as the Jacks showed that Montana State was not just going to run away with the title. The rout brought the conference closer together. The Grizzlies needed a final last minute drive to kick a field goal and once again put Portland State away. The Jacks may have got the attention of the Grizzlies after last week. I don't know if that is a good thing...UM 21, NAU 17.

UNC @ MSU---What was surprising about last week probably centered around these two teams. The Bears surprisingly hung around against Eastern Washington, finally succumbing late in the game. The Bobcats could not do anything right in their big loss to Northern Arizona. What does it mean this week? The Bobcats now know they are not invincible...MSU 42, UNC 10.

PSU @ WSU---Here we are getting into late October and most are still waiting for the Wildcats to come to life. Last week was supposed to be a breakout game as they were playing Idaho State, as good a time to "get well" as any time. Yet the Wildcats were unable to shake Idaho State. They still got the win but not how they wanted. The Vikings, on the other hand, had Montana right where they wanted them, then let Montana steal the game. Will the home team prevail here? Possibly, but the road team is better...PSU 24, WSU 16.

Sac State @ EWU---A battle between two of the rushing leaders in the conference. Hilliard has been a pleasant surprise for the Hornets, showing little effects from sitting out all last year. Jones has been pretty much the Eagle offense all year, including last week when he carried the Eagles to a win over Northern Colorado. This is probably the best game in the conference...EWU 28, Sac State 26.

Got all but the homer pick. Settle for 3-1 this week makes me 38-6 for the year.

I Bleed Purple
October 23rd, 2010, 07:46 PM
Got all but the homer pick. Settle for 3-1 this week makes me 38-6 for the year.

And the fact that you called Sac and EWU the best game in the conference.

JALMOND
October 23rd, 2010, 08:29 PM
And the fact that you called Sac and EWU the best game in the conference.

Well, as it turned out, the WSU/PSU game wasn't that bad. Really, they all were great. If you watched the Big Sky today, you saw some helluva great games, regardless of where you were.