PDA

View Full Version : NDSU to play Georgia Southern

FargoBison
February 8th, 2006, 01:32 AM
Fargo Forum Article (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=116999&section=Sports)

NDSU's schedule just got a lot harder but I'm definately looking forward to this game. Hopefully this game gets put on TV somewhere because this is one I definately want to see.

lucchesicourt
February 8th, 2006, 05:11 AM
Come on now! You guys are use to beating up on quite a few quality opponents. Why not give the Geogia Southern folks a real nice ND receptions like you have done to all the rest of the D2 teams you played over the years. If I was a betting man, I think I'd pick you guys to win, especially with a healthy Walker. If GU is a pretty much one dimensional attack, I know your coach will have a plan to stop it. If GU can't throw, my money is on you guys!

Gil Dobie
February 8th, 2006, 06:12 AM
AWESOME
:hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped:

Hansel
February 8th, 2006, 07:27 AM
AWESOME
:hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped:
Another tough road game for the Bison

Hansel
February 8th, 2006, 07:29 AM
Yikes, just read the release apparently it is a home game, awesome job by the NDSU AD

Gil Dobie
February 8th, 2006, 07:34 AM

Which leads to a good home game in 2007 or 2008.

Bison77
February 8th, 2006, 07:35 AM

Good pickup - Bring on the competition! :hurray:

gsuwinsudont
February 8th, 2006, 08:28 AM
If GU is a pretty much one dimensional attack, I know your coach will have a plan to stop it. If GU can't throw, my money is on you guys!

One dimensional? Have been paying much attention since December have you? :nod:

ButlerGSU
February 8th, 2006, 09:58 AM
No smack or disrespect to ND fans but a lot of GSU fans are PO'd about this home and home.

We have an A.D. who loves to say travel cost are a major concern but he has no problems with sending our football team to North and South Dakota while bringing Morehead State and Johnson C. Smith to Paulson. Can't wait to see what kind of schedule we end up with in 2006.

MarkCCU
February 8th, 2006, 10:05 AM

that will be a good game home or away, in your case prefferably home, haha

AZGrizFan
February 8th, 2006, 10:07 AM

A bettin' man says GSU gets a better offer and buys out NDSU for the other half of this home-and-home, althought hat would be a shame. It's obvious NDSU is trying to up it's level of competition, as it should..... :twocents: :twocents: :twocents:

Gil Dobie
February 8th, 2006, 10:18 AM
A bettin' man says GSU gets a better offer and buys out NDSU for the other half of this home-and-home, althought hat would be a shame. It's obvious NDSU is trying to up it's level of competition, as it should..... :twocents: :twocents: :twocents:

If we also schedue Minnesota, there might be some $$$ in it for GSU to come to Fargo. NDSU has always paid a generous fee to get teams into the Fargodome.

EagleCrusade
February 8th, 2006, 11:01 AM
I believe we will get more than we bargained for with this one. Changing offenses and gaining a quality home opponent is dangerous.

I dont care that many people in Southern Georgia are mad that they dont know anything about the Bison. They should know. But then again all they care about is whats going on in Athens.

DemiGS
February 8th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Come on now! You guys are use to beating up on quite a few quality opponents. Why not give the Geogia Southern folks a real nice ND receptions like you have done to all the rest of the D2 teams you played over the years. If I was a betting man, I think I'd pick you guys to win, especially with a healthy Walker. If GU is a pretty much one dimensional attack, I know your coach will have a plan to stop it. If GU can't throw, my money is on you guys!

xidiotx :nono:
You obviously haven't been paying attention to this board. It would seem GSU (not "GU") isn't going to be so one dimensional next year. This could be an excellent opportunity for NDSU to knock off GSU seeing as how it will be the first year with a new offense and new staff. I'll just post this comment on the wall of shame along with the countless other people that have assumed "one dimensional" meant easy to defend. NDSU should be thanking its lucky stars that GSU isn't going to be one dimensional.

X-Factor
February 8th, 2006, 11:39 AM

If GSU was to buyout NDSU it would be because of a 1-A game. A betting man would know that Gene Taylor pushed for a very healthy buyout clause in the deal. NDSU is in a tough situation trying to find quality homegames every year because of the conference issue, the last things NDSU needs is a buyout.

lucchesicourt
February 8th, 2006, 12:16 PM
The GU was a typo. I did mean GSU. And, to change from a running team to a passing or pro offfense in one year, I believe will be difficult. Also, I bet a lot of the new people added since December will red shirt. Just guessing here. As most teams in the GWFC do not start freshman.

Blue
February 8th, 2006, 01:17 PM
No smack or disrespect to ND fans but a lot of GSU fans are PO'd about this home and home.

We have an A.D. who loves to say travel cost are a major concern but he has no problems with sending our football team to North and South Dakota while bringing Morehead State and Johnson C. Smith to Paulson. Can't wait to see what kind of schedule we end up with in 2006.

Not this Georgia Southern alumnus. I'm looking forward to this intersectional matchup. Looking forward to seeing the Bison in the 'boro.

slostang
February 8th, 2006, 01:21 PM

If GSU does not buy out the back end of the home and home I am sure they will play in front of over 18,000 Bison fans. They will find that the Fargo Dome is not an easy place to pick up a win.

I look forward to this game next year and I hope there is another one in 2007 or 2008. It should be a great one.

bison95
February 8th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Lock up your daughters, put some beer on ice, cause this fat boy is making plans to come and enjoy the GSU tradition. :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hurray: :beerchug: :beerchug:

ButlerGSU
February 8th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Lock up your daughters, put some beer on ice, cause this fat boy is making plans to come and enjoy the GSU tradition. :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hurray: :beerchug: :beerchug:

I'll have a cold one waiting for you. We're always on the last booster 'white' row at Paulson.

Eaglegus2
February 8th, 2006, 02:57 PM

You can always party or tailgate, whatever you feel comfortable with, at the RED FLAG Gang on Tailgate Row. We will treat you like family. :nod: xlolx

Ask Cap'n Cat or Ralph!!! We will provide you with the best food and drink ever experienced at a tailgate.

Ya'll come to see us, you hear!!

bison95
February 8th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Boys, I've already started planning. My sister lives in Covington(Atlanta area). We will stay with her, and drive down in the morning. How many beers is it from Covington to GSU? (There will be four leagal drinker in the vehicle if that helps).

Looking forward to one heck of a time.

AZGrizFan
February 8th, 2006, 03:58 PM
If GSU was to buyout NDSU it would be because of a 1-A game. A betting man would know that Gene Taylor pushed for a very healthy buyout clause in the deal. NDSU is in a tough situation trying to find quality homegames every year because of the conference issue, the last things NDSU needs is a buyout.

I agree wholeheartedly, and I hope that Taylor did just that. I'd LOVE to see GSU go up to the dome and get raked.... :nod: :nod: :nod: Just seems like that, with the cost of travel, it would be cheaper to pay off NDSU and take a check to go to a big I-A school and get raked harder (like UM did with Iowa).

Kill'em
February 9th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Boys, I've already started planning. My sister lives in Covington(Atlanta area). We will stay with her, and drive down in the morning. How many beers is it from Covington to GSU? (There will be four leagal drinker in the vehicle if that helps).

Looking forward to one heck of a time.
How many can you consume in three hours :beerchug:

February 9th, 2006, 02:14 AM
You can always party or tailgate, whatever you feel comfortable with, at the RED FLAG Gang on Tailgate Row. We will treat you like family. :nod: xlolx
Ask Cap'n Cat or Ralph!!! We will provide you with the best food and drink ever experienced at a tailgate.
Ya'll come to see us, you hear!!I will double and triple this sentiment. Be prepared for a tailgate of tailgates! Whose house? :nod:

Kill'em
February 9th, 2006, 02:52 AM
OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kill'em
February 9th, 2006, 02:53 AM
Be warned, you'll hear lots of that.

bison95
February 9th, 2006, 09:01 AM
How many can you consume in three hours :beerchug:

Sounds like we will need to put the kegerator in the truck!

Tailgate of Tailgates!!! Cool, but remember I've tailgated at Univ of Iowa, Wisconsin, and in GreenBay.... So DON"T let me down!!! :beerchug: :beerchug: xprost2x xprost2x

blueballs
February 9th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Tailgate of Tailgates!!! Cool, but remember I've tailgated at Univ of Iowa, Wisconsin, and in GreenBay.... So DON"T let me down!!! :beerchug: :beerchug: xprost2x xprost2x

Those guys are amateurs compared to the pickled livers we have in the 'Boro.

February 9th, 2006, 01:29 PM
These are my "Road Ralph" pics from last year's Furman @ Georgia Southern game. We tailgated from early morning until after midnight!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wallaceralph/album?.dir=2611

bison95
February 9th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Might need to leave the wife and kids at home, well at least the wife xlolx xlolx .

Kill'em
February 9th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Sounds like we will need to put the kegerator in the truck!

You need to come by and see the Red Flag Gang, i.e. tailgate row. These guys are hardcore tailgaters.

Kill'em
February 9th, 2006, 03:25 PM
I forgot you'll find them near the water tower. You can't miss that.