PDA

View Full Version : recruiting rankings?

oldsouthernman
February 7th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Anyone have links to any 1-AA 2006 recruiting rankings? Have not seen any yet. Thanks.

ngineer
February 7th, 2006, 10:32 PM
The recruiting season is not over yet. Extends through February, I believe, so there is a lot to announced, yet, before any kind of final review can be done.

oldsouthernman
February 7th, 2006, 10:52 PM
That sure does not stop the 1-A rankings from coming out one day after signing day. The vast majority of schollys are given out on the first Wednesday in Febuary.

February 8th, 2006, 12:13 AM
That sure does not stop the 1-A rankings from coming out one day after signing day. The vast majority of schollys are given out on the first Wednesday in Febuary.I-AA >< I-A.

Tribe4SF
February 8th, 2006, 06:37 AM
That sure does not stop the 1-A rankings from coming out one day after signing day. The vast majority of schollys are given out on the first Wednesday in Febuary.

Some I-AA scholarship programs don't release their signing lists for several days. The non-scholarship programs come later.

Ranking I-AA classes is really a difficult thing to do. For the most part, the players signed at this level have not had the coverage that I-A recruits have had. Many are not included in listings of the ratings services. Those that are can have wide variations in rating because they have not actually been seen by the raters.

AppGuy04
February 8th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Signing Day is the "beginning" not the "end"

PapaBear
February 8th, 2006, 09:35 AM
For the most part, the players signed at this level have not had the coverage that I-A recruits have had. Many are not included in listings of the ratings services. Those that are can have wide variations in rating because they have not actually been seen by the raters.

Which makes you wonder just how valid ANY of the ratings are, if they're only seeing a portion of the "market."

carney2
February 8th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Which makes you wonder just how valid ANY of the ratings are, if they're only seeing a portion of the "market."

True, but at the "top" these things are pretty reliable. For instance, based on this year's I-A rankings, you can prophesize that in a year or two

the drought will be over at Florida;
USC and Texas will not fall far;
Notre Dame and Penn State are back;
Miami and Tennessee are going to experience some unaccustomed whoopings;
Michigan may no longer be top dog in the Big 10.

Of course, when you get deeper into the rankings - like down to the Big East schools - all bets are off and your point is valid.

Here's one thing about these rankings that you cannot deny: You can't coach speed. Fast high schoolers tend to get more stars than slower ones.

fuEMO
February 8th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Some I-AA scholarship programs don't release their signing lists for several days. The non-scholarship programs come later.

Ranking I-AA classes is really a difficult thing to do. For the most part, the players signed at this level have not had the coverage that I-A recruits have had. Many are not included in listings of the ratings services. Those that are can have wide variations in rating because they have not actually been seen by the raters.

Good case in point. Is Jerome Felton at Furman, he flew under the radar. And his position fullback does not get alot of respect with rating services. But the right guy in the right system. 18 touchdowns.

And the recruiting season is far from over this is the time that IAA schools find the gems that fell through the cracks. Furman is hoping to add two.