PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Robinson Watch

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 18th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Who is looking like the best candidate for the award thus far? (Poll OTW)

bookman3
October 18th, 2010, 10:11 PM
How about Tony Samuel from Southeast Missouri State? Who would have thought SEMO would be sitting at 6-1 with their only loss being a 27-10 loss to Ball State?

MSUDuo
October 18th, 2010, 11:14 PM
How about Tony Samuel from Southeast Missouri State? Who would have thought SEMO would be sitting at 6-1 with their only loss being a 27-10 loss to Ball State?

This

Catmendue2
October 19th, 2010, 08:08 AM
How about Frank Warren from Grambling second in the nation in rushing and on the brink of becoming the top rusher in the SWAC ever surpassing Walter Payton and other greats. Grambling's record stands at 5-1 losing to FBS LATech in the season opener 20-6. Frank is averaging 156 yards a game and is on a pace to rush for 1700 yards. Six Rbs are on the list only one has better stats than Frank.

mikebigg
October 19th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Brian Jenkins of BC has done a remarkable job... Still undefeated following their past weekend defeat of highly ranked/heavily regarded South Carolina State. I had noticed their offense being high scoring, but was shocked that they "pitched" a shut out of the Bulldogs!

Iwuvdatrees
October 19th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Trent miles has turned a team that last year had the longest streak in the nation into a winner...that's easy...

biggie
October 19th, 2010, 10:06 AM
I'll go with the homer of Jerry Moore. And most know about losing AE and starting a new QB.

But more impressive is the new coaching staff:
New Def Coor
New OL Coach
New WR Coach
Etc, etc

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2010, 10:14 AM
If Trent Miles continues his success at Indiana State, he's going to be a shoo-in. I would say even if he gets to eight wins - done deal.

If he's not in the mix, look to SEMO's head coach and if not SEMO's head coach, Sam Houston State (if they were to get eight wins)...

How about Frank Warren from Grambling second in the nation in rushing and on the brink of becoming the top rusher in the SWAC ever surpassing Walter Payton and other greats. Grambling's record stands at 5-1 losing to FBS LATech in the season opener 20-6. Frank is averaging 156 yards a game and is on a pace to rush for 1700 yards. Six Rbs are on the list only one has better stats than Frank.

He's ineligible. The Eddie Robinson Award is for a coach, not a player!

leatherneck177
October 19th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Mark Hendrickson, Western Illinois....1-10 last year.

jmufan999
October 19th, 2010, 12:31 PM
K.C. Keeler.

OLDMAIN80
October 19th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Mike Ayers (Wofford)

jsualum97
October 19th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I think it is gonna be tough to top what the guy at UTC has done....aren't they still short on scholarships? plus they are in the mix in the SoCon? plus they scared the be-jesus out of the current #1 and #3 team in the nation. They are NIGHT and DAY different from what they were just 2 years ago. My kudos to him!

Walkon79
October 19th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Up until last Saturday - Rob Ash. If he rights the ship and wins out.... Rob Ash!

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 19th, 2010, 06:11 PM
You know it's a bat-s*** crazy year when you have this many answers, even at this stage in the season.

If Trent Miles continues his success at Indiana State, he's going to be a shoo-in. I would say even if he gets to eight wins - done deal.

I dunno. I think if Jenkins wins the MEAC being a first year coach with an offensive transition he would beat out Miles who has been at ISU for a while.