PDA

View Full Version : Georgia State at Old Dominion

VBR_Productions
October 18th, 2010, 03:00 PM
This coming Saturday, there's a matchup of two future CAA members as Old Dominion hosts Georgia State. Prior to this past weekend's bye week, the Monarchs lost 50-37 to Cal-Poly. The 5-2 Panthers come to Norfolk with consecutive wins over Campbell, Moorehead State, Savannah State and NC Central.

Personally I think ODU wins if they limit turnovers and mistakes. ODU has hung tough against #29 Jacksonville, #4 William and Mary and #23 Cal-Poly. Georgia State has been all over the map, losing to Lambuth and taking Jacksonville to overtime in consecutive weeks. The Panthers have those BCS transfers on the offensive line but they still averaged only 3.2 yards/carry last week against NC Central (35 carries for 112 yards). How will a redshirt freshman perform in a loud stadium for the first time in his collegiate career?

The one thing I know for sure is that I'll be there among the 19,782 at the stadium, and I WILL be taking pictures for anyone who needs proof of the attendance figure. xlolx

glsjunior
October 18th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Can't wait. This is probably the most important game of the year. It will be a true gauge of where we are as a program.

McNeese75
October 18th, 2010, 04:34 PM
OD in this one

heath
October 18th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Can't wait. This is probably the most important game of the year. It will be a true gauge of where we are as a program.

Bottom of the CAA,sharing a room with Towson

glsjunior
October 19th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Maybe, but I like our in-state farm system better than anyone else in the CAA. I could create an all star team in the CAA with just our 3 stars.

henfan
October 19th, 2010, 01:24 PM
GLS, every school in the CAA has a roster full of high school all stars. All of the stars in the high school recruit rating systems and fifty cents will buy you a bag a chips. Alas, there's a lot more to being competitive at this level than simply adding up the number of stars assigned by high school rating systems.

I sincerely appreciate your enthusiasm for your new FB program and hope you enjoy the game with ODU.

elon77
October 19th, 2010, 01:33 PM
I saw ODU play both W&M and Cal Poly, and I believe ODU will beat them like a drum. I could be mistaken, but I don't think so.

McNeese75
October 19th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Maybe, but I like our in-state farm system better than anyone else in the CAA. I could create an all star team in the CAA with just our 3 stars.

xlolx, better watch what you say until you actually experience playing the CAA. I used to feel the same way about football in the south but after taking it on the chin in the last 10 years by Maine (twice), Umass, New Hampshire it is a lot easier said than done. McNeese owns a 2-1 win advantage over the Blue Hens but other than that I think we are either even or behind against all other CAA schools that have been played.

Believe me, I HATE talking up the CAA xrotatehx but as a general rule, they are very smart and well coached teams. Their tough conference games prime them for they playoffs. (although I think their record would be worse if they would travel for more OOC games against the BSC, SLC, Valley and SC in the early season)

mcveyrl
October 19th, 2010, 01:37 PM
You guys don't get it.

This is Georgia State we're talking about here.

GEORGIA. F'ING. STATE.

close thread/shut down conference.

jaxstatealum
October 19th, 2010, 02:55 PM
You guys don't get it.

GEORGIA. F'ING. STATE.

xlolx xlolx

henfan
October 19th, 2010, 03:53 PM
This game should be named the George Mason & VCU Eat Your Hearts Out Bowl.

How can administrators at either of those schools watch this game and not seriously consider starting their own FB programs?

FormerPokeCenter
October 19th, 2010, 04:48 PM
You guys don't get it.

GEORGIA. F'ING. STATE.

Fortunately for the CAA, Lambuth has decided to vigorously pursue the NAIA national title, leaving Georgia Sate free to collect the low hanging fruit that is the CAA title ;)

tribe_pride
October 19th, 2010, 04:54 PM
You guys don't get it.

GEORGIA. F'ING. STATE.

Funniest thing I've read all day. (not sure what that says about my day, but that was good)

slostang
October 19th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Go Monarchs!!!

VBR_Productions
October 19th, 2010, 05:28 PM
This game should be named the George Mason & VCU Eat Your Hearts Out Bowl.

How can administrators at either of those schools watch this game and not seriously consider starting their own FB programs?

For differing takes on football at their respective schools from their fans, I found the following threads. Football can work at Mason; VCU has less going for it (land for a stadium, donors, etc).

Mason: http://boards.caazone.com/showthread.php?t=95582

VCU: http://www.vcuramnation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3395

panama
October 19th, 2010, 05:57 PM
LMAO LOUD!
In due time. Yeager should be eating a realignment gun in oh say March 2011 or so.

This game is should be a lot closer than most think if only for the fact that ODU loves to throw it. If they were a tripple option team that rushed 40 times a game I would be horrified because our DL has been underwhelming to put it politely. Pass defense has been our stregnth. It all deppends on how they handle the crowd early. It's only their second away game and most (except for the college transfers and high school AAAAA kids) have never played in front of a hostile crowd of 20k. This should be a good one. Now if we could just figure the astrophysics of which channel in Atlanta is carrying it. (Long Story)
You guys don't get it.

GEORGIA. F'ING. STATE.

heath
October 19th, 2010, 07:40 PM

Dear Junior, Glad to see your excited about Grandpa Currys "Longest Yard " 3 stars all-star team, Take the 8 hour trip from the crime infested side of HOTLANTA and enjoy a game played outside of the DOME. The sunlight and fresh air will do you good. Fans in Norfolk are very hospitable and welcome visiting teams. Remember, ODU is also a new program............lets see who is more prepared for the CAA, the farm team or the 757?

panama
October 19th, 2010, 07:47 PM
...and we're off...

and its closer to 10 hours...

Dear Junior, Glad to see your excited about Grandpa Currys "Longest Yard " 3 stars all-star team, Take the 6 hour trip from the crime infested side of HOTLANTA and enjoy a game played outside of the DOME. The sunlight and fresh air will do you good. Fans in Norfolk are very hospitable and welcome visiting teams. Remember, ODU is also a new program............lets see who is more prepared for the CAA, the farm team or the 757?

Bleedblue14
October 19th, 2010, 09:19 PM
I saw ODU play both W&M and Cal Poly, and I believe ODU will beat them like a drum. I could be mistaken, but I don't think so.

I saw ODU play Jacksonville and I believe GSU will beat them...maybe not like a drum but in a close one.

JMUNJ08
October 19th, 2010, 10:05 PM
757 I would almost say is richer than anything found in Georgia. VT/UVA/JMU/UR/ODU/W&M are just the in state teams that I can think of that recruit that area HEAVILY and everyone is big and fast. I would put it behind FLA/CA/TEX for the best FB breeding ground.

Being that GaSt. struggled in their 1st away game I have to believe that it will affect them against the Monarchs even if ODU isn't as good. ODU by 10

panama
October 19th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Actually you are correct. We are 4th nationally despite being 9th in population.

757 I would almost say is richer than anything found in Georgia. VT/UVA/JMU/UR/ODU/W&M are just the in state teams that I can think of that recruit that area HEAVILY and everyone is big and fast. I would put it behind FLA/CA/TEX for the best FB breeding ground.

Being that GaSt. struggled in their 1st away game I have to believe that it will affect them against the Monarchs even if ODU isn't as good. ODU by 10

FormerPokeCenter
October 19th, 2010, 10:29 PM

The best football breeding ground? That would be Louisiana, which leads the country in the number of pro athletes produced per capita..

Moreover, in a state that only has 4 million total citizens, it's kinda remarkable that there are Five FBS teams, Six FCS teams and one NAIA squad within the state....

JMUNJ08
October 19th, 2010, 10:40 PM
The best football breeding ground? That would be Louisiana, which leads the country in the number of pro athletes produced per capita..

Moreover, in a state that only has 4 million total citizens, it's kinda remarkable that there are Five FBS teams, Six FCS teams and one NAIA squad within the state....

Thought about LA but are really any of those teams as talented as LSU? All of the VA teams are solid (pulled my arm UVA is hopefully coming back) while LA teams aren't living up to their recruiting base. Are more going out of state to Tejas/OK/'Bama?

FormerPokeCenter
October 20th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Thought about LA but are really any of those teams as talented as LSU? All of the VA teams are solid (pulled my arm UVA is hopefully coming back) while LA teams aren't living up to their recruiting base. Are more going out of state to Tejas/OK/'Bama?

The point is, though that a population of 4 million supports 11 Division I football teams, plus an NAIA school and there are STILL athletes leaving the state to play in major programs elsewhere. Again, Louisiana leads the country in the number of professional athletes produced per capita....

Hell, I wouldn't be suprised to see some Louisiana kids end up on the roster of the vaunted Georgia Sate juggernaut Panther squad, ya know? ;)

glsjunior
October 20th, 2010, 09:44 AM
The point is, though that a population of 4 million supports 11 Division I football teams, plus an NAIA school and there are STILL athletes leaving the state to play in major programs elsewhere. Again, Louisiana leads the country in the number of professional athletes produced per capita....

Hell, I wouldn't be suprised to see some Louisiana kids end up on the roster of the vaunted Georgia Sate juggernaut Panther squad, ya know? ;)

All I know is that the State of Ga produces more NFL and Div 1 (and less dog fighters) than frickin Virginia.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Friday-night-stars-California-and-Texas-produce?urn=nfl-272416

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=tb-players052508

Which is also evidenced by the fact that Ga Southern has 6 NC despite being a backwater regional college in South Georgia. Hell Valdosta State has 3 Div II championships despite being an even more backwater regional college in South Georgia than Ga Southern is.

FormerPokeCenter
October 20th, 2010, 10:04 AM
All I know is ____________.

Fixed it for ya ;)

LeadBolt
October 20th, 2010, 10:19 AM
The Norfolk Division will prevail handily.

GSUGrad06
October 20th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Just curious if any of you are basing your opinion of the outcome on real facts and stats about the two teams or if you're just jumping on the Hate-GSU Bandwagon?

Something worth noting is ODUs great ability to throw interceptions and the GSU defenses ability to take interceptions. DeMarco has thrown 11 picks in 6 games and the GSU D has 9 through 7 games. Our pass defense is our strong point and ODU is a passing team. If our team forces turnovers early in the game and is able to capitalize off them I think they can win. They also have to not let the crowd get to them. Playing in front of 19K isn't the problem, we've done that and more. Playing in front of 19K who are all wishing almost death upon you is the issue.

Regardless of what you non-GSU -ODU people think about the completely irrelevant nature of this game, it's going to be a great game to watch.

VBR_Productions
October 20th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Just curious if any of you are basing your opinion of the outcome on real facts and stats about the two teams or if you're just jumping on the Hate-GSU Bandwagon?

Regardless of what you non-GSU -ODU people think about the completely irrelevant nature of this game, it's going to be a great game to watch.

To ensure your post is accurate, DeMarco has nine interceptions rather than the eleven you state. Six of these nine came against #29 Jacksonville (three INT's), #4 William and Mary (one) and #23 Cal-Poly (two). With all due respect to the Panthers, your defense is not of the same quality of three of the top 29 FCS teams. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/oldd/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/GeorgiaStateNotes2010.pdf

Conversely, two of your nine INT's came against Morehead State, two against Savannah State and three against NC Central. This says two things - the majority of your picks came in the last three games but they were forced against lower-tier teams. http://www.georgiastatesports.com//pdf8/717535.pdf One thing going against ODU is our starting center is out for the year and we have to reshuffle (again) the starting offensive line.

Regardless, I think it is good for the two future CAA members and I'm looking forward to comparing the two programs.

glsjunior
October 20th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Bravo on the last 2 posts. Two opinions backed up with statistical arguments. Imagine that on AGS.xhurrayx

panama
October 20th, 2010, 12:59 PM
This game is going to be a lot closer than we're being given credit for. Throwing the ball at us is playing our strength as has already been stated. Also of note, ODU is 68th nationally in pass defense and 110th nationally in pass efficiency defense.

glsjunior
October 20th, 2010, 01:04 PM
All I know is that ODU better look out for Danny Williams #17. That dude will be playin on Sundays mark my words.

GSUGrad06
October 20th, 2010, 01:47 PM
To ensure your post is accurate, DeMarco has nine interceptions rather than the eleven you state. Six of these nine came against #29 Jacksonville (three INT's), #4 William and Mary (one) and #23 Cal-Poly (two). With all due respect to the Panthers, your defense is not of the same quality of three of the top 29 FCS teams. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/oldd/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/GeorgiaStateNotes2010.pdf

Conversely, two of your nine INT's came against Morehead State, two against Savannah State and three against NC Central. This says two things - the majority of your picks came in the last three games but they were forced against lower-tier teams. http://www.georgiastatesports.com//pdf8/717535.pdf One thing going against ODU is our starting center is out for the year and we have to reshuffle (again) the starting offensive line.

Regardless, I think it is good for the two future CAA members and I'm looking forward to comparing the two programs.

Thanks for the correction. I pulled those numbers Sunday or Monday and the source (Sports Network) said as of 10/10 so I thought it was 9 pre-Cal Poly making it 11 overall. Still, point is DeMarco is interception prone as he hasn't gone through one game without throwing one. Your point about who the INT's were against is right but I was at the games and our defense was on fire with intensity so I'm not sure how much I can take away from them because of the opponents.

While I obviously hope GSU wins, I do hope both teams play to their capable level during this game because if so it's going to be fun.

bjtheflamesfan
October 20th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Having grown up in the shadow of ODU I am rooting for the Monarchs to get the win in this one (ODU actually was where I had hoped to go before I went to Liberty)

DaBigBlue
October 20th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Still, point is DeMarco is interception prone as he hasn't gone through one game without throwing one.

Last year DeMarco passed for 21 TDs and rushed 17 more TDs, with only 4 interceptions. He went several games without interceptions.

heath
October 20th, 2010, 08:25 PM
For the G-State fans that actually make the trip and can find a ticket,sorry that it may not be 72 degrees at game time,sorry no beer at the stand, but you should like the urinals and maybe the fact that ALL the seats are full. Good luck but I see ODU by 2 scores.

VBR_Productions
October 20th, 2010, 09:38 PM
For the G-State fans that actually make the trip and can find a ticket,sorry that it may not be 72 degrees at game time,sorry no beer at the stand, but you should like the urinals and maybe the fact that ALL the seats are full. Good luck but I see ODU by 2 scores.

Coach Bill Curry: "There is an awful lot of pressure on us to be more alert than we have been. This will be the first time we have played in a loud stadium. When I saw the number 19,000 I did not think loud, but when we watched the tapes, we saw offenses obviously struggling with noise and trying to communicate. It will be our second time to get on an airplane and bus and then go to their stadium, so we are all excited about it.

http://hamptonroads.com/2010/10/what-bill-curry-saying

GA St. MBB Fan
October 20th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Coach Bill Curry: "There is an awful lot of pressure on us to be more alert than we have been. This will be the first time we have played in a loud stadium. When I saw the number 19,000 I did not think loud, but when we watched the tapes, we saw offenses obviously struggling with noise and trying to communicate. It will be our second time to get on an airplane and bus and then go to their stadium, so we are all excited about it.

http://hamptonroads.com/2010/10/what-bill-curry-saying

Coach Bill Curry:
"NOISE! Is happening,this Sat.at ODU,where they have 19,000 at every game,so we imported noise for practice,complete with ODU fight song!"
http://twitter.com/coachbillcurry/statuses/27972056242

We'll see if it helps.

panama
October 20th, 2010, 10:30 PM

Obviously they are handing out free lobotomies in VA. Just wow.

VBR_Productions
October 20th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Coach Bill Curry:
"NOISE! Is happening,this Sat.at ODU,where they have 19,000 at every game,so we imported noise for practice,complete with ODU fight song!"
http://twitter.com/coachbillcurry/statuses/27972056242

We'll see if it helps.

Coach Curry no doubt has encountered more menacing stadiums than one with 19K, so I don't think he'll be affected. It's the players (redshirt and true freshmen, one of whom is your starting QB) that will be affected. Objectively I'm looking forward to seeing how the team handles the environment moreso than the opposing team, if that makes sense.

JMU2004
October 20th, 2010, 11:28 PM
ODU by 3+ tds........

panama
October 20th, 2010, 11:37 PM
LMAO. So they are going to beat us by more than Jax State did? Wow, they should be ranked. ;)

ODU by 3+ tds........

JMU2004
October 21st, 2010, 10:26 AM
2 things: you are not at home and JSU is overrated.

panama
October 21st, 2010, 10:38 AM

You're right. Most FCS teams that beat FBS teams are.

VBR_Productions
October 21st, 2010, 11:57 AM
You're right. Most FCS teams that beat FBS teams are.

Just like most NAIA teams that beat FCS teams. Zing.

Another way to look at this is common opponents, of which there is only one. Old Dominion beat Campbell 44-13 while Georgia State won 24-21 on a last-second field goal. If the Panthers struggled that much on the road against a Campbell team that ODU punished, how will they do against a team better than Campbell when they can't hear each other on the field? You've obviously improved since that game as you're on a four-game winning streak, but JMU2004's point about not being at the Georgia Dome cannot be dismissed.

GSUGrad06
October 21st, 2010, 01:12 PM
Last year DeMarco passed for 21 TDs and rushed 17 more TDs, with only 4 interceptions. He went several games without interceptions.

I didn't think I had to state that I was talking about this year, it should have been obvious. 2010 is a different season than 2009.

But wow, so 4 INTs last season and 9 already through 6 games? Sounds like he's progressing well.

GSUGrad06
October 21st, 2010, 01:19 PM
Just like most NAIA teams that beat FCS teams. Zing.

Another way to look at this is common opponents, of which there is only one. Old Dominion beat Campbell 44-13 while Georgia State won 24-21 on a last-second field goal. If the Panthers struggled that much on the road against a Campbell team that ODU punished, how will they do against a team better than Campbell when they can't hear each other on the field? You've obviously improved since that game as you're on a four-game winning streak, but JMU2004's point about not being at the Georgia Dome cannot be dismissed.

Lol...ba-zing-a (Big Bang Theory)

I don't think it's fair to use common opponent comparisons because of how inconsistent our team has played so far. By the way, I wouldn't use that excuse beyond this season but since it is the first year and we're playing mostly freshman and redshirt freshman who hadn't played a college game before Shorter I think it's completely within reason. I think our D has been more consistent of late than our O.

Looking at the Campbell game you could also say that ODU only allowed (basically) one TD less than GSU and it was GSU's first road game ever and ODU is in it's second season. See what I mean.

elon77
October 21st, 2010, 01:22 PM
They ain't played in the Oyster Bowl yet. It will be a much different experience for them. 20,000 fans in that compact stadium is pretty loud. Plus it's homecoming, a late day game, the fans should be pretty torqued up by 3:30 PM.

elon77
October 21st, 2010, 01:27 PM
Having grown up in the shadow of ODU I am rooting for the Monarchs to get the win in this one (ODU actually was where I had hoped to go before I went to Liberty)

So, you weren't smart enough to go to ODU??????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????

SouthernEagle02
October 21st, 2010, 07:18 PM
Jr. I wouldn't say this is the important game. True, every game is important at our level (and this is sincere and not smack) but y'all are just a first year program and ODU has a year on you. If nothing else, it will give you guys a taste of CAA play and give State fans a conference foe to look forward too every year. I'd wait until the season is over and look at the whole picture versus one paint stroke to judge where State is as a program. Besides, I think State's games against South Alabama & Lamar would better a better gauge if you will. And frankly I have no dog in this fight, but I'll take ODU by 14 xsmiley_wix

gsu_paintballer
October 21st, 2010, 08:19 PM
I don't see how a second year program gives them a "taste of CAA play", personally.

elon77
October 22nd, 2010, 07:24 AM
Jr. I wouldn't say this is the important game. True, every game is important at our level (and this is sincere and not smack) but y'all are just a first year program and ODU has a year on you. If nothing else, it will give you guys a taste of CAA play and give State fans a conference foe to look forward too every year. I'd wait until the season is over and look at the whole picture versus one paint stroke to judge where State is as a program. Besides, I think State's games against South Alabama & Lamar would better a better gauge if you will. And frankly I have no dog in this fight, but I'll take ODU by 14 xsmiley_wix

No dog in this fight? Is your last name Vick?

JaxSinfonian
October 22nd, 2010, 08:05 AM

Perhaps, but they are undefeated, and that matters far more than ratings, be they over- or under-.

glsjunior
October 23rd, 2010, 02:42 PM
Good defense by state!

Monarch Nation
October 23rd, 2010, 04:34 PM
24-6 ODU
7:57 3Q

panama
October 23rd, 2010, 08:13 PM
Final ODU 34 GSU 20. We won in every statistical category but gave up four fumbles that led to ODU scores. I feel like puking. On to Mobile.

Team Stat Comparison

Teams Georgia St Old Dominion
1st Downs 21 23
3rd down efficiency 5-14 4-16
4th down efficiency 1-3 2-3
Total Yards 477 381
Passing 419 152
Comp-Att 33-55 22-38
Yards per pass 7.6 4.0
Rushing 58 229
Rushing Attempts 23 43
Yards per rush 2.5 5.3
Penalties 9-92 7-55
Turnovers 4 0
Fumbles lost4 0
Interceptions thrown 0 0
Possession 30:03 28:41

BamaJag13
October 23rd, 2010, 08:20 PM
You coming down to the Port City for the game?

MR. CHICKEN
October 23rd, 2010, 08:38 PM
Final ODU 34 GSU 20. We won in every statistical category but gave up four fumbles that led to ODU scores. I feel like puking. On to Mobile.

Team Stat Comparison

Teams Georgia St Old Dominion
1st Downs 21 23
3rd down efficiency 5-14 4-16
4th down efficiency 1-3 2-3
Total Yards 477 381
Passing 419 152
Comp-Att 33-55 22-38
Yards per pass 7.6 4.0
Rushing 58 229
Rushing Attempts 23 43
Yards per rush 2.5 5.3
Penalties 9-92 7-55
Turnovers 4 0
Fumbles lost4 0
Interceptions thrown 0 0
Possession 30:03 28:41

NO....xsmhx...YA'S DIDN'T WIN EVERAH STAT. CAT.

IN TURN-OVERAHS & FUMBLES LOST.....0...IS MO' BETTERAH..DEN 4.......xnodx....BRAWK!!

92 YDS. IN FELONYS....NOT MO' BETTERAH..DEN 55 YDS....xsmhx

tribefan40
October 23rd, 2010, 10:05 PM
Looks like GA State got almost half their yards and 14 of their points (when the scrubs were in for ODU I'm sure) in the 4th. Not down-playing the fumbles and penalties, but you can't make mistakes against good teams. State needs to take their lumps and get better like everyone else. They got handled by a program that is farther along and should be at this point. ODU and Ga State are going to be good and competitive eventually in the CAA, but the realities of playing big time football will continue for some time.

panama
October 23rd, 2010, 10:20 PM
You coming down to the Port City for the game?

That's the plan ;)

panama
October 23rd, 2010, 10:24 PM
Looks like GA State got almost half their yards and 14 of their points (when the scrubs were in for ODU I'm sure) in the 4th. Not down-playing the fumbles and penalties, but you can't make mistakes against good teams. State needs to take their lumps and get better like everyone else. They got handled by a program that is farther along and should be at this point. ODU and Ga State are going to be good and competitive eventually in the CAA, but the realities of playing big time football will continue for some time.

I hear what youre saying but I dont think if W&M had fumbles 4 times and lost today to Delaware you would be singing yje same song. Nobody expects their team to fumble and lose 4 fumbles at that. That is the category of mental mistakes. But I am sure after 6 fumbles in two games someone is not going to have a good Monday.

*coughcough40ydgasserscough*

BamaJag13
October 23rd, 2010, 10:49 PM
That's the plan ;)

Good deal.

heath
October 24th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Never thought I'd hear excusesxthumbsdownx,gonna be tons of them next year, I can feel it coming from the Ga-ST fans. BTW guys, the most important stat is usually the score when the clock hits 00:00. Be more humble next season!

BlueHenSinfonian
October 24th, 2010, 01:34 PM
I hear what youre saying but I dont think if W&M had fumbles 4 times and lost today to Delaware you would be singing yje same song. Nobody expects their team to fumble and lose 4 fumbles at that. That is the category of mental mistakes. But I am sure after 6 fumbles in two games someone is not going to have a good Monday.

*coughcough40ydgasserscough*

No one expects to lose four fumbles, but neither does anyone expect to be stopped at 4th and 1 at the goal line multiple times or miss what should have been an easy game winning FG, yet UD did both against W&M. In the end, UD missed some chances to score, but so did W&M during the game, and when the final buzzer sounded, W&M had played the better game and they deserved the win, as did ODU over GSU.

Fumbles don't happen by magic - ODU just played hard and created the drops.

panama
October 24th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Never thought I'd hear excusesxthumbsdownx,gonna be tons of them next year, I can feel it coming from the Ga-ST fans. BTW guys, the most important stat is usually the score when the clock hits 00:00. Be more humble next season! You are the worst ODU fan ever. We have been able to have a decent discussion with everyone from ODU except you. I just love to hear from loudmouths who sit behind their keyboards trying to start crap. Most people are actually discussing the game. But we should be used to your idotic posturing by now as in 104 posts you have yet to ay anything meaningful. Perhaps you should start watching games, learn about te sport and then come back and add something meaningful to any discussion. Just ONE discussion. More likely you'll continue your weak rock throwing.

panama
October 24th, 2010, 01:41 PM
No one expects to lose four fumbles, but neither does anyone expect to be stopped at 4th and 1 at the goal line multiple times or miss what should have been an easy game winning FG, yet UD did both against W&M. In the end, UD missed some chances to score, but so did W&M during the game, and when the final buzzer sounded, W&M had played the better game and they deserved the win, as did ODU over GSU.

Fumbles don't happen by magic - ODU just played hard and created the drops.

Most fumbles happen from bad ball handling. We have had 6 in two weeks and not one has been a strip. Just silly mental mistakes that you should not be making in week 8. *sigh*
It would be easier to take if there were takeaways. Having said that, ODU is as advertised. A lot of schools are going to have their hands full with them in 2012 when they have a full compliment of Sr. starters.

Bogus Megapardus
October 24th, 2010, 01:46 PM
I saw some of this game. It was clear to me (as it should have been to anyone) that Georgia State was way better than Old Dominion in every phase of the game. The final outcome should be reversed by the NCAA and the victory awarded to Georgia State.

They're also better than any other CAA team.

And better than Harvard, too.

panama
October 24th, 2010, 01:53 PM
I saw some of this game. It was clear to me (as it should have been to anyone) that Georgia State was way better than Old Dominion in every phase of the game. The final outcome should be reversed by the NCAA and the victory awarded to Georgia State.

And better than Harvard, too.Yeah, that was exactly what I was saying. By the way that last sentence I just typed in this post is called sarcasm. Though I would mention that since reading comprehension and reading in context are notyour strong suits.

Look, ODU won. Does not mean I have to like my team's under performance. If we were all so accepting of end results AGS wouldnt exist.

heath
October 24th, 2010, 01:53 PM

And better than Harvard, too.

Agree 100%, National champs soon

panama
October 24th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Agree 100%, National champs soon Your a brilliant man heath. Boy is about as smart as bowling ball.

Line Judge
October 24th, 2010, 03:38 PM
You are the worst ODU fan ever. We have been able to have a decent discussion with everyone from ODU except you. I just love to hear from loudmouths who sit behind their keyboards trying to start crap. Most people are actually discussing the game. But we should be used to your idotic posturing by now as in 104 posts you have yet to ay anything meaningful. Perhaps you should start watching games, learn about te sport and then come back and add something meaningful to any discussion. Just ONE discussion. More likely you'll continue your weak rock throwing.

I'm not a big fan of post deletion and or putting adults in time-out, so before I'm forced to do either of those things, let's review the TOS, shall we?

Personal attacks are NOT tolerated. Yeah, he's walking the SMACK line (but to be fair, the thread IS about the game between your schools ) and gigged your program a little about excuses, but that's NOT an excuse to make it personal. Either play by the rules or take your marbles and go home. Even if this thread were moved to smack, the ad hominem wouldn't be tolerated.

See the frinedly smile on my face? ;) That means this is a friendly freebie "teachable moment."

Line Judge
October 24th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Your a brilliant man heath. Boy is about as smart as bowling ball.

See the post I made above. Aside from the delicious irony inherent to this post, which belittles another's intelligence through erroneous use of a possessive pronoun intead of a contraction involving one of the many forms of the verb "BE," it's STILL a personal attack.

Unless another Mod sees it differently, I'm inclined to leave this post as a testament to the law of unintended consequences, but please head the earlier friendly freebie warning, otherwise, I get to give into my power inebriation and make use of the really cool moderator tools I can now play with ;)

panama
October 24th, 2010, 06:10 PM
it really is quite comical how teachable moments are reserved for certain individuals. See my smiley? :)

Bogus Megapardus
October 24th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Boy is about as smart as bowling ball.

You're mixing metaphors again. Having consulted with MR. CHICKEN, I believe it's "sharp as a bowling ball." Only then would the intended irony have effect.

Carry on.

panama
October 25th, 2010, 01:59 PM
You know, I was going to type sharp. I knew that was how I remembered it. Always go with first answer when taking Looney Tunes multiple choice.

You're mixing metaphors again. Having consulted with MR. CHICKEN, I believe it's "sharp as a bowling ball." Only then would the intended irony have effect.

Carry on.

VBR_Productions
October 25th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Here are a couple different pictures. I'm having trouble uploading them via a web address so I'm attaching them as thumbnails instead. I planned on posting more but there are technical difficulties.

Line Judge
October 25th, 2010, 06:24 PM
it really is quite comical how teachable moments are reserved for certain individuals. See my smiley? :)

Yes, but one always hope against hope that those certain individuals prove to be smarter than they customarily demonstrate by taking advantage of those teachable moments. I suppose that some folks DO have to learn the hardway, though. Either way, I still get to flash my smiley ;)

panama
October 25th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Moving right along... *eyeroll*...

GaSouthern
October 26th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Wow, ODU is a really strong upstart program! I'm proud to have them in the FCS!