PDA

View Full Version : Sam Houston St.

Fear the Bird
October 18th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Why only 4 home games this year? I'm not familiar with Texas geography - is this week's showdown at Reliant considered a "home game"?

TexasTerror
October 18th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Why only 4 home games this year? I'm not familiar with Texas geography - is this week's showdown at Reliant considered a "home game"?

SHSU already had schedule set when Reliant Stadium deal came through, so it took us from FIVE games to FOUR games. We were not prepared for that, but it worked out nice for us. Beaumont isn't too far a trip either, so it was okay...

Next year, we'll have FOUR SLC games at home with three on the road and the neutral site game. WIU also comes to our place... so five home games.

superman7515
October 18th, 2010, 02:34 PM

Wait a minute.... You mean to tell me that not everyone plays 7 or more home games like us and Montana every year? Haha

BlueHenSinfonian
October 18th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Wait a minute.... You mean to tell me that not everyone plays 7 or more home games like us and Montana every year? Haha

Apparently we only have six scheduled for next year, since the Navy game forces us to Annapolis. We also still have Wesrchester on the books next year, and we also have to play Del State. With both of those games on the schedule, I'm not loving our SOS, but I guess Navy helps bump it up.

Fear the Bird
October 18th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Thanks - I was just curious when checking out their schedule

And yes superman I was shocked lol - I thought everybody got the unbalanced schedule

katstrapper
October 18th, 2010, 08:26 PM

Terror cant give a simple answer of " yes, the game at Reliant is considered a home game for us this year."

TexasTerror
October 18th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Terror cant give a simple answer of " yes, the game at Reliant is considered a home game for us this year."

Outside of SHSU being the "home team" in this contest, per NCAA rules - it is actually considered a 'neutral site' game for both teams.

It is like the Labor Day Classic between Texas Southern and Prairie View A&M. One of the teams is designated home team on a rotating basis, but for all intensive purposes (and according to the NCAA office), it is a neutral site contest.

katstrapper
October 19th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Outside of SHSU being the "home team" in this contest, per NCAA rules - it is actually considered a 'neutral site' game for both teams.

It is like the Labor Day Classic between Texas Southern and Prairie View A&M. One of the teams is designated home team on a rotating basis, but for all intensive purposes (and according to the NCAA office), it is a neutral site contest.

Dude, you are killing me? for all intensive purposes, SHSU is designated the HOME TEAM on a neutral site. what is it with the "per NCAA office" stuff. ha ha ha ha...

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Dude, you are killing me? for all intensive purposes, SHSU is designated the HOME TEAM on a neutral site. what is it with the "per NCAA office" stuff. ha ha ha ha...

Just providing facts - don't want any Bearkats thinking that the attendance numbers at this one boost our attendance average or anything like that...

superman7515
October 19th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Dude, you're both killing me! Why the heck do you keep saying "all intensive purposes" instead of "all intents and purposes"?!?

purplejacks
October 19th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Wow.... this has really gotten difficult.

OU and Texas play every year at the Cotton Bowl. One year OU is the home team, the next year Texas is the home team.

Its the same **** thing boys.... this year SHSU is the home team and next year SFA will be the home team.

This is not rocket science boys!!

The only team that benefits is the 'Home Team' as they can give recruits tickets to the game, where as the visiting team cannot.