PDA

View Full Version : Week #7 Accountability - Reveal Your Ballot

Keenan
October 17th, 2010, 12:20 PM
It's time for voters to step out from behind the curtain and be held accountable for their votes. I'll start this off with my week 7 ballot.

Week 7
Pending
1. Delaware
2. Appalachian St.
3. Jacksonville St.
4. William & Mary
5. Stephen F. Austin
6. Wofford
7. Eastern Washington
8. Villanova
9. Massachusetts
10. Montana
11. Northern Arizona
12. New Hampshire
13. James Madison
14. Liberty
15. Montana St.
16. Richmond
17. Western Illinois
18. Bethune-Cookman
19. Robert Morris
20. Pennsylvania
21. Sam Houston St.
22. Chattanooga
23. Southeast Missouri St.
24. Indiana St.
25. Sacramento St.
Most Significant W. Northern Arizona
Most Significant L. South Carolina St.

Appattk
October 17th, 2010, 12:30 PM
1 ASU
2 Delaware
3 Jacksonville St
4 William & Mary
5 SF Austin
6 Villanova
7 EWU
8 Wofford
9 Montana
10 Liberty
11 UNH
12 Richmond
13 Furman
14 Umass
15 JMU
16 Montana St
17 Cal Poly
18 W Illinois
19 UNI
20 NDSU
21 SE Missouri St
22 Bethune-Cookman
23 SCSU
24 UT Chattanooga
25 Georgia Southern

aceinthehole
October 17th, 2010, 12:53 PM
1 ASU
2 Delaware
3 Jacksonville St
4 William & Mary
5 SF Austin
6 Villanova
7 EWU
8 Wofford
9 Montana
10 Liberty
11 UNH
12 Richmond
13 Furman
14 Umass
15 JMU
16 Montana St
17 Cal Poly
18 W Illinois
19 UNI
20 NDSU
21 SE Missouri St
22 Bethune-Cookman
23 SCSU
24 UT Chattanooga
25 Georgia Southern

2 MEAC teams in the poll and Liberty at #10 - so where is RMU?

Keenan
October 17th, 2010, 01:15 PM

Would you care to share your ballot?

GoAgs72
October 17th, 2010, 02:37 PM
I haven't done my ballot yet but I just spent several hours going over every score since the beginning of the season and laying out a chart. We've definitely got some over- and under-ranked teams. This may take me the rest of the day.

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2010, 02:43 PM
It's time for voters to step out from behind the curtain and be held accountable for their votes. I'll start this off with my week 7 ballot.

Week 7
Pending
1. Delaware
2. Appalachian St.
3. Jacksonville St.
4. William & Mary
5. Stephen F. Austin
6. Wofford
7. Eastern Washington
8. Villanova
9. Massachusetts
10. Montana
11. Northern Arizona
12. New Hampshire
13. James Madison
14. Liberty
15. Montana St.
16. Richmond
17. Western Illinois
18. Bethune-Cookman
19. Robert Morris
20. Pennsylvania
21. Sam Houston St.
22. Chattanooga
24. Indiana St.
25. Sacramento St.
Most Significant W. Northern Arizona
Most Significant L. South Carolina St.

I don't vote, but it's odd that you rank Indiana State, but not UNI.

appfan2008
October 17th, 2010, 02:47 PM
i turned in my ballot at about 1am this morning and would be happy to reveal but not before the votes are closed... i dont want mine to influence anyone else positively or negatively...

Umpire
October 17th, 2010, 02:50 PM
I don't vote in the AGS poll.

1.Delaware
2.Appalachian St.
3.Stephen F. Austin
4.Jacksonville St.
5.William & Mary
6.Wofford
7.Villanova
8.Southeast Missouri State
9.Western Illinois
10.Bethune-Cookman
11.Chattanooga
12.Northern Arizona
13.Montana St.
14.Eastern Washington
15.Massachusetts
16.Montana
17.Furman
18.James Madison
19.Robert Morris
20.Liberty
21.Georgia Southern
22.Cal Poly
23.South Carolina St.
24.Pennsylvania
25.Sam Houston State

Last five out are Hampton, Jacksonville, Grambling State, UNH and UNI

WileECoyote06
October 17th, 2010, 03:02 PM
i turned in my ballot at about 1am this morning and would be happy to reveal but not before the votes are closed... i dont want mine to influence anyone else positively or negatively...

Ditto. . I turned mine in at noon.

Appattk
October 17th, 2010, 03:52 PM

I had Robert Morris at #26

GeauxLions94
October 17th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Just turned in mine

I kept Delaware at No. 1 and have four newcomers (Chattanooga, Bethune-Cookman, Grambling and Sam Houston State) on my ballot (Cal Poly, Georgia Southern, Southern Illinois and Southeastern Louisiana are out)

Last five out this week are (in no particular order): Jacksonville, Robert Morris, Penn, Cal Poly, Hampton

Keenan
October 17th, 2010, 04:02 PM

It was easy for me to put Indiana State (4-2) ahead of UNI (3-3). I was trying to avoid having a 3 loss team in the Top 25 with the lone exception on my ballot being Sacramento State.

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2010, 04:05 PM
It was easy for me to put Indiana State (4-2) ahead of UNI (3-3). I was trying to avoid having a 3 loss team in the Top 25 with the lone exception on my ballot being Sacramento State.

That's a BS way of doing things. Indiana State only has two D-I wins. xrolleyesx

Keenan
October 17th, 2010, 04:16 PM
That's a BS way of doing things. Indiana State only has two D-I wins. xrolleyesx

We're splitting hairs here. Both UNI and Indiana State are 2-1 in the MVFC and the next few weeks will shake things out in the standings and on my ballot. UNI will have a shot on Nov.6th to prove they belong on my ballot above Indiana St. Right now, I can't justify ranking more than 2 teams from the MVFC.

leatherneck177
October 17th, 2010, 04:16 PM

I noticed that as well. The Trees did beat two D-II teams.

leatherneck177
October 17th, 2010, 04:19 PM
We're splitting hairs here. Both UNI and Indiana State are 2-1 in the MVFC and the next few weeks will shake things out in the standings and on my ballot. UNI will have a shot on Nov.6th to prove they belong on my ballot above Indiana St. Right now, I can't justify ranking more than 2 teams from the MVFC.

I suppose that is because the MVFC has such low Sagarin and GPI ratings, right? I know those systems aren't golden, but I do believe that despite the wide open play of the conference, it will prove its strength by year's end.

ToTheLeft
October 17th, 2010, 04:22 PM
I originally had ISU blue in, but later changed it to UNI. (Mainly had to do with where I value SIU)

My top 25.. plus next few out... (I don't vote for AGS, I forgot to sign up this year :( )

1) Delaware
2) SFA
3) App St.
4) Jacksonville St.
5) William and Mary
6) SEMO St.
7) Nova
8) Wofford
9) JMU
10) Umass
11) Chatty
12) Liberty
13) RMU
14) EWU
15) BCU
16) Griz
17) Furman
18) NAU
19) Richmond
20) Montana State
21) UNH
22) Cal Poly
23) Western Illinois
24) GA Southern
25) UNI
Penn
SC State
TXST
SIU
SHSU

Keenan
October 17th, 2010, 04:24 PM
I suppose that is because the MVFC has such low Sagarin and GPI ratings, right? I know those systems aren't golden, but I do believe that despite the wide open play of the conference, it will prove its strength by year's end.

That's what I'm hoping to see. I expect that UNI and SDSU will be there in the end.

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2010, 04:29 PM

UNI has an OT loss to SIU, and a 2 point loss to SFA. I think they look quite a bit more impressive than Indiana State. Just admit you don't pay much attention and only look at records. xrolleyesx

Redhawk2010
October 17th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like seeing SEMO being ranked up there in the top 10 but it would surprise me if it actually happens this week. If the Redhawks can beat EKU this week, then yes. I mean SIU was still ranked above SEMO this past week even though we have a much better record and we beat them. I look for SEMO to be around maybe 11 or 12 this week...

ToTheLeft
October 17th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like seeing SEMO being ranked up there in the top 10 but it would surprise me if it actually happens this week. If the Redhawks can beat EKU this week, then yes. I mean SIU was still ranked above SEMO this past week even though we have a much better record and we beat them. I look for SEMO to be around maybe 11 or 12 this week...

A lot of people still have them in the 20's. I think that's way too low. I see a team that's done everything they're supposed to do. You can't consider the BSU game a bad loss, and they were very competitive in that game, anyways. Got to watch it, and I was impressed with the first 3 quarters.

Edge316007
October 17th, 2010, 05:07 PM
I originally had ISU blue in, but later changed it to UNI. (Mainly had to do with where I value SIU)

My top 25.. plus next few out... (I don't vote for AGS, I forgot to sign up this year :( )

1) Delaware
2) SFA
3) App St.
4) Jacksonville St.
5) William and Mary
6) SEMO St.
7) Nova
8) Wofford
9) JMU
10) Umass
11) Chatty
12) Liberty
13) RMU
14) EWU
15) BCU
16) Griz
17) Furman
18) NAU
19) Richmond
20) Montana State
21) UNH
22) Cal Poly
23) Western Illinois
24) GA Southern
25) UNI
Penn
SC State
TXST
SIU
SHSU

Make a case for that. I don't know why you keep underestimating us. Undefeated and the only games that have even been close are the opener, on the road, against your #11 and Elon who were playing for their season. Once App showed up in Chatty they took over. I can understand Delaware, but App #3? I think I'd need to see an explanation on that one.

My poll, if I had one, would look similar to this I think (with Chattanooga in there somewhere):

1: Appalachian State Mountaineers
2: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
3: William & Mary Tribe
4: Villanova Wildcats
5: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
6: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
7: Montana Grizzlies
8: Eastern Washington Eagles
9: Wofford Terriers
10: Montana State Bobcats
11: Massachusetts Minutemen
12: James Madison Dukes
13: New Hampshire Wildcats
14: Northern Arizona Lumberjacks
15: Liberty Flames
16: Bethune-Cookman Wildcats
17: Northern Arizona Lumberjacks
18: Southeast Missouri State Redhawks
19: South Carolina State Bulldogs
20: Cal Poly Mustangs
21: Northern Iowa Panthers
22: Robert Morris Colonials
23: Western Illinois Leathernecks
24: North Dakota State Bison
25: Illinois State Redbirds

B&G
October 17th, 2010, 05:25 PM
I'll take it a step further and put where I had them last week too...

1. Appalachian St. - 2 (last week)
2. Delaware - 1
3. Jacksonville St. - 3
4. Stephen F. Austin - 4
5. William & Mary - 7
6. Villanova - 10
7. Eastern Washington - 11
8. James Madison - 5
9. Southeast Missouri St. - 12
10. Wofford - 14
11. Bethune-Cookman - 18
12. Massachusetts- 6
13. Montana St. - 8
14. Western Illinois - 21
15. Montana - 16
16. Robert Morris - 20
17. Chattanooga - 23
18. Furman - 17
19. Northern Arizona - NA
20. South Carolina St. - 9
21. Grambling St. - 24
22. Liberty - 25
23. New Hampshire - NA
24. Northern Iowa - NA
25. Indiana St. - NA
W. Bethune-Cookman
L. Massachusetts

Notes: I have been flip flopping ASU and Delaware for each of the past three weeks because I see them as 1a and 1b.

lucchesicourt
October 17th, 2010, 05:33 PM
How is Cal Poly ranked above SUU? SUU is currently undefeated in league play. and have beaten Poly quite convincingly,

Dane96
October 17th, 2010, 05:37 PM

Agreed Panther.

I find it funny that people with a limited number of posts calling out voters who have been voting for years regularly. Fact is, some of the newbies have bizarre votes.

People...if a team has two wins in FCS at week 6 of the season...they dont belong in anyone's top-25.

This is starting to get disheartening. And for the record, there is a POLL thread. This thread doesn't belong here.

GoAgs72
October 17th, 2010, 05:53 PM
I actually dropped Cal Poly out of my top 25 and choke!, choke!, put Sac State in at the bottom. Take a look at the relative strength of schedule and scores. With just a couple of breaks Sac State could be 5-1. I also gave Northern Arizona a major boost.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 17th, 2010, 06:21 PM
I'm not registered on the AGS poll either, but here are mine:

1. Delaware
2. Jacksonville State
3. App State
4. William and Mary
5. UMass
6. Villanova
7. Chattanooga
8. Montana State
9. Wofford
10. Eastern Washington
11. Stephen F Austin
12. Montana
13. Northern Arizona
14. SE Missouri
15. Northern Iowa
16. Western Illinois
17. UNH
18. Robert Morris
19. Liberty
20. JMU
21. Furman
22. Indiana State
23. Colgate
24. Jacksonville
25. Bethune Cookman

malibudude
October 17th, 2010, 06:47 PM
How is Cal Poly ranked above SUU? SUU is currently undefeated in league play. and have beaten Poly quite convincingly,

SUU is a very good team and was the better team at Eccles Field yesterday. " Quite convincingly" is probably not the most indicative description of the result.

You may want to check the stats on the game.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=302890253

lucchesicourt
October 17th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Well, 20-0 in the third quarter may have led SUU to play a more conservative game and a relaxed defense-trying to stop the big play. Any offense at this point needs to be taken with a grain of salt. If Poly had gotten close before the 4th quarter, the Poly stats might mean something. But, at this point the game was pretty much in hand for SUU.

Tod
October 17th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Make a case for that. I don't know why you keep underestimating us. Undefeated and the only games that have even been close are the opener, on the road, against your #11 and Elon who were playing for their season. Once App showed up in Chatty they took over. I can understand Delaware, but App #3? I think I'd need to see an explanation on that one.

My poll, if I had one, would look similar to this I think (with Chattanooga in there somewhere):

1: Appalachian State Mountaineers
2: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
3: William & Mary Tribe
4: Villanova Wildcats
5: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
6: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
7: Montana Grizzlies
8: Eastern Washington Eagles
9: Wofford Terriers
10: Montana State Bobcats
11: Massachusetts Minutemen
12: James Madison Dukes
13: New Hampshire Wildcats
14: Northern Arizona Lumberjacks
15: Liberty Flames
16: Bethune-Cookman Wildcats
17: Northern Arizona Lumberjacks
18: Southeast Missouri State Redhawks
19: South Carolina State Bulldogs
20: Cal Poly Mustangs
21: Northern Iowa Panthers
22: Robert Morris Colonials
23: Western Illinois Leathernecks
24: North Dakota State Bison
25: Illinois State Redbirds

You've got NAU on there twice.

lucchesicourt
October 17th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Poly had 110 yards in the first half, and 73 in the third quarter, and 161 in the 4th quarter. So, in the 4th quarter Poly had almost as many yards as in the first three quarters (183 and 161 in the 4th). Stats can be misleading at times.

Edge316007
October 17th, 2010, 07:06 PM
You've got NAU on there twice.

Not my poll (I just really like it) but good catch. I think he missed Chattanooga because he's talked them up a bit recently.

Fear the Bird
October 17th, 2010, 07:09 PM

Yet you have a 3 loss team with 2 terrible losses as your #12 in the country?

Keenan
October 17th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Yet you have a 3 loss team with 2 terrible losses as your #12 in the country?

Yep. The same New Hampshire team that is 7 points away from being 6-1. The same New Hampshire team that just won 28-14 at Bridgeforth where your boys only won 13-10? You're right, maybe I shouldn't have Delaware #1?

katstrapper
October 17th, 2010, 07:42 PM
i dont think Sam Houston is ready to crack the Top 25 just yet, but where do you think we land if we knock off SFA in Houston on Saturday?

Just curious to see if the Kats are getting any attention across the country and what they have accomplished thus far with a new coach, true freshman QB, redshirt freshman RB and only 7 seniors on the entire roster..xsmileyclapx

Keenan
October 17th, 2010, 07:48 PM
i dont think Sam Houston is ready to crack the Top 25 just yet, but where do you think we land if we knock off SFA in Houston on Saturday?

Just curious to see if the Kats are getting any attention across the country and what they have accomplished thus far with a new coach, true freshman QB, redshirt freshman RB and only 7 seniors on the entire roster..xsmileyclapx

21. Sam Houston St.

I think Sam Houston is clearly in the discussion when it comes to the Top 25. A win over SFA would be an epic upset this year.

TBIRDSFN10
October 17th, 2010, 08:05 PM
SUU is a very good team and was the better team at Eccles Field yesterday. " Quite convincingly" is probably not the most indicative description of the result.

You may want to check the stats on the game.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=302890253

The game was 20-0 with 3:50 left in the 4th. SUU already kicked a field goal from the 2 and 3 yard line, so in reality the score could have been a lot worse and Poly should be thankful it was not worse.

katstrapper
October 17th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Well, this is an old rivalry. Throw out the records and rankings in this one. Reliant Stadium will be rocking this weekend.

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2010, 08:11 PM
21. Sam Houston St.

I think Sam Houston is clearly in the discussion when it comes to the Top 25. A win over SFA would be an epic upset this year.

They haven't beaten anyone with a winning record against D-I schools.

I don't care who you rank or where, but your defenses have basically been "# of wins/losses" or "they should be ranked because I have them ranked".

Keenan
October 17th, 2010, 08:12 PM
They haven't beaten anyone with a winning record against D-I schools.

I don't care who you rank or where, but your defenses have basically been "# of wins/losses" or "they should be ranked because I have them ranked".

Do you vote on AGS?

BlueHenSinfonian
October 17th, 2010, 08:13 PM
SFA is still being ranked way too high IMO. They certainly don't belong in the top ten, and even though I put them in the top 20, the more I think about it, that might even be too much. Their only two wins over quality teams thus far are McNeese and UNI, and both of those were pretty close games. I think SHSU has a good chance, though it's hard to say how good SHSU is this year based on the schedule up to this point as well.

Keenan
October 17th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Hopefully, after the results are posted tomorrow, more of you will be compelled to share your ballots.

Big Dawg
October 17th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Interesting that a lot of you are dropping South Carolina State so far down...BCU was ranked when SCSU played them...interesting

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Do you vote on AGS?

See, you can't even read posts. I made it clear in my first post in this thread that I didn't vote. Doesn't mean I couldn't, but I choose not to.

Difference is, I pay attention to FCS football from first kickoff until the last game ends on Saturday night. Voting doesn't mean reading the standings and picking teams.

Keenan
October 17th, 2010, 08:49 PM
See, you can't even read posts. I made it clear in my first post in this thread that I didn't vote. Doesn't mean I couldn't, but I choose not to.

Difference is, I pay attention to FCS football from first kickoff until the last game ends on Saturday night. Voting doesn't mean reading the standings and picking teams.

Just checking. I'm not trying to bust your balls. I created this thread for everyone to share their votes. You've got major beef with two teams that I've got ranked #21-#25 and I get that. To be honest, filling out 21-25 is a crapshoot.

MacThor
October 17th, 2010, 09:03 PM
I'm not registered on the AGS poll either, but here are mine:

1. Delaware
2. Jacksonville State
3. App State
4. William and Mary
5. UMass
6. Villanova
7. Chattanooga
8. Montana State
9. Wofford
10. Eastern Washington
11. Stephen F Austin
12. Montana
13. Northern Arizona
14. SE Missouri
15. Northern Iowa
16. Western Illinois
17. UNH
18. Robert Morris
19. Liberty
20. JMU
21. Furman
22. Indiana State
23. Colgate
24. Jacksonville
25. Bethune Cookman

If UMass is #5 after losing to Richmond's scout team on homecoming, UR should get some love.

Keenan
October 17th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Please, only post your ballot if you're registered on the AGS poll. Thank you! So far, there have only been three ballots submitted for review. Does anyone know how many voters there are on AGS this year?

Edge316007
October 17th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Please, only post your ballot if you're registered on the AGS poll. Thank you! So far, there have only been three ballots submitted for review. Does anyone know how many voters there are on AGS this year?

Count the number one votes in the latest poll thread

Keenan
October 17th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Count the number one votes in the latest poll thread

Apparently, not everyone is voting every week though.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 17th, 2010, 09:26 PM
If UMass is #5 after losing to Richmond's scout team on homecoming, UR should get some love.

I threw a little bit of future expectations into my ranking, and at this point I don't have high hopes for UR in the upcoming games, but it would be exciting to be proved wrong. If UR can turn the lack of a QB into an opportunity to play with some new offensive strategies and still win the games, then UR will deserve a lot of credit.

SU DOG
October 17th, 2010, 10:06 PM
I just turned in this one:
1. App State
2. DE
3. Nova
4. JSU
5. SFA
6. William & Mary
7. Wofford
8. New Hampshire
9. EWU
10. UNI
11. Richmond
12. James Madison
13. U Mass
14. Mont State
15. Montana
16. Liberty
17. NDSU
18. SEMO
19. Furman
20. Cal Poly
21. Northern AZ
22. Chattanooga
23. Bethune Cookman
24. Western Ill
25. Penn
Win - New Hampshire
Loss - U Mass
Probably several questionable choices. But this is what I see right now.xtwocentsx

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2010, 10:09 PM
1. App State
2. DE
3. Nova
4. JSU
5. SFA
6. William & Mary
7. Wofford
8. New Hampshire
9. EWU
10. UNI
11. Richmond
12. James Madison
13. U Mass
14. Mont State
15. Montana
16. Liberty
17. NDSU
18. SEMO
19. Furman
20. Cal Poly
21. Northern AZ
22. Chattanooga
23. Bethune Cookman
24. Western Ill
25. Penn
Win - New Hampshire
Loss - U Mass
Probably several questionable choices. But this is what I see right now.xtwocentsx

UNI is way too high. We've got some great talent and might be a Top 10 team when all is said and done, but have not proven that yet.

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Just checking. I'm not trying to bust your balls. I created this thread for everyone to share their votes. You've got major beef with two teams that I've got ranked #21-#25 and I get that. To be honest, filling out 21-25 is a crapshoot.

1. Delaware
2. Appalachian St.
3. Jacksonville St.
4. William & Mary
5. Stephen F. Austin
6. Wofford
7. Eastern Washington
8. Villanova
9. Massachusetts They just lost yesterday.
10. Montana
11. Northern Arizona
12. New Hampshire
13. James Madison
14. Liberty
15. Montana St.
16. Richmond
17. Western Illinois
18. Bethune-Cookman
19. Robert Morris
20. Pennsylvania
21. Sam Houston St.
22. Chattanooga
24. Indiana St.
25. Sacramento St. - 3 losses ;)

CAAisBOSS
October 17th, 2010, 10:28 PM
1. App State
2. DE
3. Nova
4. JSU
5. SFA
6. William & Mary
7. Wofford
8. New Hampshire
9. EWU
10. UNI
11. Richmond
12. James Madison
13. U Mass
14. Mont State
15. Montana
16. Liberty
17. NDSU
18. SEMO
19. Furman
20. Cal Poly
21. Northern AZ
22. Chattanooga
23. Bethune Cookman
24. Western Ill
25. Penn
Win - New Hampshire
Loss - U Mass

you know we just beat them handily right?

number1debater
October 17th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Wow, this is great. I'm glad this thread could be made to show the idiocracy of the ags poll. One of you has msu at #7 despite being pounded by nau last week. One of you has nau on your list twice. The Griz ranked one above ewu after ewu beat them? A disgusting amount of you have waaaayyy too many caa teams in your top 10. Nova at #3?! Are you kidding me? How about wofford at 7. The worst one has to be South East Missouri in the top 10. Stephen F. Austin receiving first place votes? Do you guys remember what happened to them as soon as they played a real team last year (you can bet your *** they remember losing 51-0)? It's people like you guys who put south carolina state in the top 10. Thank goodness the coaches poll and sporting network poll exist, I would hate to see what would happen. I can't wait for the playoffs.

JMUNJ08
October 17th, 2010, 11:00 PM
I will post mine tomorrow afternoon. Several people don't like others ballots and flip flop some teams majorly. The thing is, all polls have voters like this. The best thing about it is if you have 80-100 voters, it all equals out. Some teams may be overlooked but most will be where they should be even with some biased voters. Sorry, but this year there seem to be few if any sure fire playoff/dominant teams. After the top 5 or so teams, its a crap shoot. Its my first year voting but it hasn't been an easy year by a WIDE margin.

UNHWildCats
October 17th, 2010, 11:39 PM
I don't vote in the AGS poll.

1.Delaware
2.Appalachian St.
3.Stephen F. Austin
4.Jacksonville St.
5.William & Mary
6.Wofford
7.Villanova
8.Southeast Missouri State
9.Western Illinois
10.Bethune-Cookman
11.Chattanooga
12.Northern Arizona
13.Montana St.
14.Eastern Washington
15.Massachusetts
16.Montana
17.Furman
18.James Madison
19.Robert Morris
20.Liberty
21.Georgia Southern
22.Cal Poly
23.South Carolina St.
24.Pennsylvania
25.Sam Houston State

Last five out are Hampton, Jacksonville, Grambling State, UNH and UNI
pathetic poll

bjtheflamesfan
October 18th, 2010, 12:00 AM
I will be working on my Week 7 ballot in the morning but here is mine from last week:

1. Appalachian St.
2. Jacksonville St.
3. Delaware
4. Stephen F. Austin
5. Massachusetts
6. William & Mary
7. South Carolina St.
8. Montana St.
9. Cal Poly
10. Villanova
11. Eastern Washington
12. New Hampshire
13. Liberty
14. Georgia Southern
15. Southeast Missouri St.
16. Texas St.
17. Southern Illinois
18. Pennsylvania
19. Furman
20. Robert Morris
21. Richmond
22. Northern Iowa
23. Elon
24. Chattanooga
25. Wofford
W. Appalachian St.
L. Richmond

I'll be going over the How They Fared discussion tonight...

Squealofthepig
October 18th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Wow, this is great. I'm glad this thread could be made to show the idiocracy of the ags poll. One of you has msu at #7 despite being pounded by nau last week. One of you has nau on your list twice. The Griz ranked one above ewu after ewu beat them? A disgusting amount of you have waaaayyy too many caa teams in your top 10. Nova at #3?! Are you kidding me? How about wofford at 7. The worst one has to be South East Missouri in the top 10. Stephen F. Austin receiving first place votes? Do you guys remember what happened to them as soon as they played a real team last year (you can bet your *** they remember losing 51-0)? It's people like you guys who put south carolina state in the top 10. Thank goodness the coaches poll and sporting network poll exist, I would hate to see what would happen. I can't wait for the playoffs.

So, what's your top 25, then? Put up, or shut up. Even a perfect top 25 I could find things to rage against. If this is a true idiocracy, o enlightened one, please tell us how we should be voting! :)

SU DOG
October 18th, 2010, 01:14 AM
Actually I will admit to having goofed on that and should have had the two teams swapped. Too late now, but thanks for pointing it out. Wish we could all be perfect like a couple of posters on here. LOL.

number1debater
October 18th, 2010, 01:16 AM
So, what's your top 25, then? Put up, or shut up. Even a perfect top 25 I could find things to rage against. If this is a true idiocracy, o enlightened one, please tell us how we should be voting! :)

Of course you could, I'm not surprised. I'm not upset about people's votes past 10, but 1-7 should be in everyone's top 10. My 8-10 ought to be in everyone's top 15.

I'm annoyed with the ones that don't follow that. The last 10 are always up for debate. What do ya do.

1. Delaware
2. Appalachian State
3. Jacksonville State
4. William and Mary
5. Stephen F. Austin
6. Villanova
7. Eastern Washington
8. Montana
9. New Hampshire
10. Wofford
11. James Madison
12. Umass
13. South East Missouri State
14. Bethune-Cookman
15. Montana State
16. Richmond
17. South Carolina State
18. Cal Poly
19. Liberty
20. Northern Arizona
21. Northern Iowa
22. Furman
23. Western Illinois
24. Chattanooga
25. Sacramento State

Umpire
October 18th, 2010, 02:09 AM
pathetic poll

I'm guessing because I dared to not put a 4-3 UNH team in the Top 25.

number1debater
October 18th, 2010, 02:32 AM
pathetic poll

I second that.

Dane96
October 18th, 2010, 05:42 AM

Been in my poll...on the very low end though because of the SOS.

Dane96
October 18th, 2010, 05:44 AM
NM

Dane96
October 18th, 2010, 05:45 AM
Apparently, not everyone is voting every week though.

Do you know the voting rules?

Dane96
October 18th, 2010, 05:46 AM

Just so you know....these polls are monitored and questioned.

WestCoastAggie
October 18th, 2010, 09:27 AM
My poll:

1. Appalachian St.
2. Delaware
3. William & Mary
4. Jacksonville St.
5. Stephen F. Austin
6. Villanova
7. Wofford
8. Eastern Washington
9. Furman
10. New Hampshire
11. Montana
12. Western Illinois
13. James Madison
14. Richmond
16. Massachusetts
17. Bethune-Cookman
18. Robert Morris
19. Northern Arizona
20. Grambling St.
21. Northern Iowa
22. Pennsylvania
23. South Carolina St.
24. Montana St.
25. Liberty
Most Significant Win: Bethune-Cookman
Most Significant Loss: Montana St.

18 - 25 are debatable.

Schfourteenteen
October 18th, 2010, 10:03 AM
1 Delaware
2 Appalachian St
3 Wofford
4 Stephen F. Austin
5 Villanova
6 William & Mary
7 Jacksonville St
8 Northern Arizona
9 Western Illinois
10 Robert Morris
11 Eastern Washington
12 Chattanooga
13 Montana St
14 New Hampshire
15 Sam Houston St
16 Bethune-Cookman
17 James Madison
18 Grambling St
19 Furman
20 Montana
21 Liberty
22 Cal Poly SLO
23 Indiana St
24 Massachusetts
25 SEMO

I'm registered.....but until I come up with a legitimate poll I will refrain from posting. Right now all my results are computer based...and as you can see it needs a lot of work. Of course, my violation % is less than every other computer poll, but it's still a major work in progress.

MacThor
October 18th, 2010, 10:18 AM
I am abstaining from revealing my ballot. The system would not allow me to place the Dallas Cowboys at #14 FCS team in the country.

Squealofthepig
October 18th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Of course you could, I'm not surprised. I'm not upset about people's votes past 10, but 1-7 should be in everyone's top 10. My 8-10 ought to be in everyone's top 15.

I'm annoyed with the ones that don't follow that. The last 10 are always up for debate. What do ya do.

1. Delaware
2. Appalachian State
3. Jacksonville State

Cool, thanks. :) Not positive Montana should be on everyone's ballot; yes, their two losses were close, on the road, to other ranked teams, but they've also had close wins vs. teams they should not have had issues with (at least, not for a traditional Montana team). But yeah, no issues with your ballot - could quibble on SEMO so high (based on SoS), but it's a quibble, not a gripe. UNH is really a matter of how you vote, whether you focus more on track record/schedule, or if you're voting based on how good you think the team really is. Will post mine after the polls come out.

mcveyrl
October 18th, 2010, 12:15 PM
I will be working on my Week 7 ballot in the morning but here is mine from last week:

1. Appalachian St.
2. Jacksonville St.
3. Delaware
4. Stephen F. Austin
5. Massachusetts
6. William & Mary
7. South Carolina St.
8. Montana St.
9. Cal Poly
10. Villanova
11. Eastern Washington
12. New Hampshire
13. Liberty
14. Georgia Southern
16. Texas St.
17. Southern Illinois
18. Pennsylvania
19. Furman
20. Robert Morris
21. Richmond
22. Northern Iowa
23. Elon
24. Chattanooga
25. Wofford
W. Appalachian St.
L. Richmond

I'll be going over the How They Fared discussion tonight...

I'm going to assume you just overlooked JMU.

JMUNJ08
October 18th, 2010, 12:21 PM
I'm going to assume you just overlooked JMU.

And the 3/4 loss teams that are littered throughout the ballot

appfan2008
October 18th, 2010, 12:24 PM
1. Appalachian St.
2. Delaware
3. Jacksonville St.
4. William & Mary
5. Villanova
6. Stephen F. Austin
7. Montana
8. Eastern Washington
9. Wofford
10. Chattanooga
11. James Madison
12. Liberty
13. Furman
14. Bethune-Cookman
15. South Carolina St.
16. Southeast Missouri St.
17. New Hampshire
18. Grambling St.
19. Northern Arizona
20. Massachusetts
21. Montana St.
22. Jacksonville
23. Indiana St.
24. Robert Morris
25. Pennsylvania
W. Chattanooga
L. Georgia Southern

This is what I turned in... anyone is welcome to critique

JMUNJ08
October 18th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Here's my ballot. I will defend just about anything other than my placing of Montana which was by default through previous ballots.

1. Appalachian St.
2. Delaware
3. Stephen F. Austin
4. Jacksonville St.
5. Villanova
6. William & Mary
7. Montana
8. Wofford
9. Southeast Missouri St.
10. Eastern Washington
11. Montana St.
12. James Madison
13. Furman
14. Massachusetts
15. Robert Morris
16. Bethune-Cookman
17. Jacksonville
18. South Carolina St.
19. Liberty
20. Chattanooga
21. Western Illinois
22. Northern Arizona
23. North Dakota St.
24. Cal Poly
25. Grambling St.
W. Bethune-Cookman
L. South Carolina St.

mcveyrl
October 18th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Here's my ballot. I will defend just about anything other than my placing of Montana which was by default through previous ballots.

1. Appalachian St.
2. Delaware
3. Stephen F. Austin
4. Jacksonville St.
5. Villanova
6. William & Mary
7. Montana
8. Wofford
10. Eastern Washington
11. Montana St.
12. James Madison
13. Furman
14. Massachusetts
15. Robert Morris
16. Bethune-Cookman
17. Jacksonville
18. South Carolina St.
19. Liberty
20. Chattanooga
21. Western Illinois
22. Northern Arizona
23. North Dakota St.
24. Cal Poly
25. Grambling St.
W. Bethune-Cookman
L. South Carolina St.

UNH?

Fear the Bird
October 18th, 2010, 12:45 PM
1. Delaware
2. Appalachian St.
3. Stephen F. Austin
4. Villanova
5. William & Mary
6. Jacksonville St.
7. Wofford
8. Massachussets
9. Eastern Washington
10. Western Illinois
11. James Madison
12. Northern Arizona
13. Montana St.
14. Montana
15. Robert Morris
16. New Hampshire
17. Northern Iowa
18. Bethune-Cookman
19. Richmond
20. Liberty
21. SE Missouri St.
22. Furman
23. Chattanooga
24. South Carolina St.
25. Penn
W. Bethune-Cookman
L. Massachussets

EmeryZach
October 18th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Week 7
Pending
1. Delaware
2. Appalachian St.
3. Villanova
4. Stephen F. Austin
5. William & Mary
6. Jacksonville St.
7. Chattanooga
8. Montana
9. New Hampshire
10. James Madison
11. Richmond
12. Massachusetts
13. Pennsylvania
14. Bethune-Cookman
15. South Dakota St.
16. Eastern Washington
17. Northern Iowa
18. Northern Arizona
19. Robert Morris
20. Montana St.
21. Southeast Missouri St.
22. Wofford
23. Furman
24. Western Illinois
25. Elon
W. New Hampshire
L. Massachusetts

number1debater
October 18th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Just so you know....these polls are monitored and questioned.

Glad to hear it. Thank you.

Fear the Bird
October 18th, 2010, 02:00 PM
1. Delaware
2. Appalachian St.
3. Stephen F. Austin
4. Villanova
5. William & Mary
6. Jacksonville St.
7. Wofford
8. Massachussets
9. Eastern Washington
10. Western Illinois
11. James Madison
12. Northern Arizona
13. Montana St.
14. Montana
15. Robert Morris
16. New Hampshire
17. Northern Iowa
18. Bethune-Cookman
19. Richmond
20. Liberty
21. SE Missouri St.
22. Furman
23. Chattanooga
24. South Carolina St.
25. Penn
W. Bethune-Cookman
L. Massachussets

Woo hoo - 25 for 25 this week and not too many teams way off from where they fell in AGS Poll

TypicalTribe
October 18th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Posted this morning:

1. Delaware
2. Appalachian St.
3. Jacksonville St.
4. Stephen F. Austin
5. William & Mary
6. Villanova
7. Eastern Washington
8. Chattanooga
9. Montana
10. Wofford
11. Northern Iowa
12. Southeast Missouri St.
13. Massachusetts
14. James Madison
15. Northern Arizona
16. Montana St.
17. Western Illinois
18. New Hampshire
19. Bethune-Cookman
20. Liberty
21. Richmond
22. Cal Poly
23. South Carolina St.
24. Sam Houston St.
25. Robert Morris
W. Northern Arizona
L. Southern Illinois

bullseye44
October 18th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Since it was a bye week for the Tribe, I spent some extra time to scrap my poll from last week and take another look at all the teams. Hopefully, it turned out reasonably well. I wound up with about 32 teams in consideration and can say that I honestly had a hard time differentiating between teams as I got nearer the bottom of the list.

1. Jacksonville St.
2. Delaware
3. Appalachian St.
4. Stephen F. Austin
5. William & Mary
6. Wofford
7. Villanova
8. Chattanooga
9. Massachusetts
10. Furman
11. Montana St.
12. James Madison
13. Western Illinois
14. Eastern Washington
15. Northern Arizona
16. Montana
17. New Hampshire
18. Richmond
19. Georgia Southern
20. Sam Houston St.
21. Northern Iowa
22. Pennsylvania
23. Robert Morris
24. Liberty
25. Bethune-Cookman

tribefan40
October 18th, 2010, 02:17 PM

1. Appalachian St.
2. Delaware
3. Stephen F. Austin
4. Jacksonville St.
5. Villanova
6. William & Mary
7. Montana
8. Wofford
10. Eastern Washington
11. Montana St.
12. James Madison
13. Furman
14. Massachusetts
15. Robert Morris
16. Bethune-Cookman
17. Jacksonville
18. South Carolina St.
19. Liberty
20. Chattanooga
21. Western Illinois
22. Northern Arizona
23. North Dakota St.
24. Cal Poly
25. Grambling St.
W. Bethune-Cookman
L. South Carolina St.

Defend this? That bye really took it to us but....

WileECoyote06
October 18th, 2010, 02:22 PM
My submission (actual place in parenthesis).

Week 7
Approved
1. Delaware (1)
2. Appalachian St. (2)
3. Stephen F. Austin (4)
4. Jacksonville St. (3)
5. William & Mary (5)
6. Villanova (6)
7. Eastern Washington (7)
8. Wofford (8)
9. Southeast Missouri St. (14)
10. Massachusetts (10)
11. Western Illinois (18)
12. Montana (9)
13. South Carolina St. (21)
14. New Hampshire (13)
15. Richmond (20)
16. Bethune-Cookman (17)
17. James Madison (11)
18. Grambling St. (27)
19. Texas St. (UR)
20. Robert Morris (24)
21. Liberty (15)
22. Cal Poly (26)
23. Chattanooga (19)
24. Furman (16)
25. Northern Arizona (22)
W. New Hampshire
L. South Carolina St

I misread the Texas State score; and didn't drop them. I'd put UNI in; instead.

UNIFanSince1983
October 18th, 2010, 02:30 PM
1. Appalachian St.
2. Delaware
3. Jacksonville St.
4. William & Mary
5. Villanova
6. Stephen F. Austin
7. Montana
8. Eastern Washington
9. Wofford
10. Chattanooga
11. James Madison
12. Liberty
13. Furman
14. Bethune-Cookman
15. South Carolina St.
16. Southeast Missouri St.
17. New Hampshire
18. Grambling St.
19. Northern Arizona
20. Massachusetts
21. Montana St.
22. Jacksonville
23. Indiana St.
24. Robert Morris
25. Pennsylvania
W. Chattanooga
L. Georgia Southern

This is what I turned in... anyone is welcome to critique

You know I can maybe MAYBE understand InSU as being in the Top 25 for the mere fact they are 2-1 in the Valley, and were so terrible for so long this is kind of impressive. But to not have WIU ranked when you have InSU ranked is just not right. WIU beat InSU 40-7 earlier in the year and is 5-2 with the only losses being to Purdue who they should lose to and a SDSU team that is good, but just had a brutal beginning to their schedule.

mcveyrl
October 18th, 2010, 02:44 PM
My submission (actual place in parenthesis).

Week 7
Approved
1. Delaware (1)
2. Appalachian St. (2)
3. Stephen F. Austin (4)
4. Jacksonville St. (3)
5. William & Mary (5)
6. Villanova (6)
7. Eastern Washington (7)
8. Wofford (8)
9. Southeast Missouri St. (14)
10. Massachusetts (10)
11. Western Illinois (18)
12. Montana (9)
13. South Carolina St. (21)
14. New Hampshire (13)
15. Richmond (20)
16. Bethune-Cookman (17)
17. James Madison (11)
18. Grambling St. (27)
19. Texas St. (UR)
20. Robert Morris (24)
21. Liberty (15)
22. Cal Poly (26)
23. Chattanooga (19)
24. Furman (16)
25. Northern Arizona (22)
W. New Hampshire
L. South Carolina St

I misread the Texas State score; and didn't drop them. I'd put UNI in; instead.
Nevermind...I learned how to read a little bit ago...

Ud1Hens
October 18th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Yep. The same New Hampshire team that is 7 points away from being 6-1. The same New Hampshire team that just won 28-14 at Bridgeforth where your boys only won 13-10? You're right, maybe I shouldn't have Delaware #1?

Yes, with their freshman backup playing all but 2 plays...

Edge316007
October 18th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Since it was a bye week for the Tribe, I spent some extra time to scrap my poll from last week and take another look at all the teams. Hopefully, it turned out reasonably well. I wound up with about 32 teams in consideration and can say that I honestly had a hard time differentiating between teams as I got nearer the bottom of the list.

1. Jacksonville St.
2. Delaware
3. Appalachian St.
4. Stephen F. Austin
5. William & Mary
6. Wofford
7. Villanova
8. Chattanooga
9. Massachusetts
10. Furman
11. Montana St.
12. James Madison
13. Western Illinois
14. Eastern Washington
15. Northern Arizona
16. Montana
17. New Hampshire
18. Richmond
19. Georgia Southern
20. Sam Houston St.
21. Northern Iowa
22. Pennsylvania
23. Robert Morris
24. Liberty
25. Bethune-Cookman

Another poll with J-Ville State living off their FBS win. And Wofford at 6? Chatty at 8? Those are quite high.

UNH Fanboi
October 18th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Yes, with their freshman backup playing all but 2 plays...

Well, some of our fans think we would have won by even more with our backup QB xsmiley_wix

MacThor
October 18th, 2010, 04:16 PM
1. Blue Hens
2. Mountaineers
3. Lumberjacks (SFA)
4. Tribe
5. Gamecocks
6. Wildcats (V)
7. Terriers
8. Dukes
9. Eagles
10. Leathernecks
11. Bobcats
12. Moccasins
13. Paladins
14. Wildcats (NH)
15. Lumberjacks (NA)
16. Grizzlies
17. Minutemen
18. Indians
19. Flames
20. Colonials
21. Wildcats (BC)
22. Bearkats
23. Bison
24. Mustangs
25. Panthers
W. UNH
L. UMass

Just missed: Spiders, Quakers

slostang
October 18th, 2010, 06:09 PM

Cal Poly has only two FCS losses. The TXST loss is starting to look bad, but we were playing them with our 3rd string QB. As far as our loss to Southern Utah, this was our 5th straight road game and it was an 11 hour bus ride to Cedar City. Four of the five road games were out of state games and the 5th was to FBS Fresno State. Cal Poly just failed to take advantage of their scoring opportunities. They had 30 more yards offense and held the ball over 7 minutes longer than SUU. Cal Poly missed 2 FGs, fumbled the snap on 4th and 1 from the 5 yard line, fumbled at the 23 yard line and turn the ball over on downs on SUU side of the field. They beat us and deserve the win, but it was a closer game than the score. I am not sure Cal Poly would have loss this game if it had been the first or second road game or if it was played in San Luis Obispo.

Cal Poly has a win over the 7th ranked Montana (ranked #1 at the time) and a win over a good McNeese State team on the road. Before you point out McNeese State's record you have to look who they played and how they played them. McNeese State has 2 FBS losses (played LSU tough) and took #4 SFA to the wire (SFA scored the go ahead TD with 53 seconds left in the game). McNeese State does not have a bad FCS loss.

JMUNJ08
October 18th, 2010, 06:21 PM
UNH?

3 loss teams were left out of my poll as much as possible. If I recall correctly, only ndsu and cal poly have 3 Ls in my top 25. UNH was almost back in but Maine and URI. Speak for themselves

JMUNJ08
October 18th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Defend this? That bye really took it to us but....

Nova has been higher than WM the whole year for me as the Tribe weren't altogether at the beginning of the year. Yes, you have the head to head but Nova with some of their players back are much better. They trounced the same Maine team in Orono that WM struggled with. Its not you both on the same field vs each other but I took in effect because of the injuries.

lucchesicourt
October 18th, 2010, 07:08 PM
A three loss team should not be ranked at this stage, IMO. UCD has only 2 FCS losses too. But, does not deserve to be ranked, even though they have an FCS win.
The fact is a near .500 team is not at the cream.
Last year UCD was, at one point 4-3, with the losses being to Fresno State, Boise State, and Montana (the Montana and Bosie State games were close), and people said a near .500 team does not deserve to be ranked. So, it does not matter who you lose to. It's about not winning. So, why explain why Poly should be ranked when UCD was not.

slostang
October 18th, 2010, 07:28 PM
A three loss team should not be ranked at this stage, IMO. UCD has only 2 FCS losses too. But, does not deserve to be ranked, even though they have an FCS win.
The fact is a near .500 team is not at the cream.
Last year UCD was, at one point 4-3, with the losses being to Fresno State, Boise State, and Montana (the Montana and Bosie State games were close), and people said a near .500 team does not deserve to be ranked. So, it does not matter who you lose to. It's about not winning. So, why explain why Poly should be ranked when UCD was not.

It is also who you beat and we beat the 7th ranked team. Last year UC Davis did not have a win over a ranked team. Cal Poly is a very good team that is very worn out from a 5 state road trip over the last 5 weeks. Also a teams history comes into play. Cal Poly has been ranked at the end of every season (2009 being the exception) since 2004 and UC Davis has not been ranked at the end of any season since moving up to the FCS.

I also do not hear you complaining about a 4-3 UNH at #9/#10 or a 3-3 Richmond at #15/#16 or a 3-3 Northern Iowa at #19/#22. Two of those teams are at .500 and ranked ahead of Cal Poly. I think you just are having a little Mustang envy.

katstrapper
October 18th, 2010, 08:06 PM
1 Delaware
2 Appalachian St
3 Wofford
4 Stephen F. Austin
5 Villanova
6 William & Mary
7 Jacksonville St
8 Northern Arizona
9 Western Illinois
10 Robert Morris
11 Eastern Washington
12 Chattanooga
13 Montana St
14 New Hampshire
15 Sam Houston St
16 Bethune-Cookman
17 James Madison
18 Grambling St
19 Furman
20 Montana
21 Liberty
22 Cal Poly SLO
23 Indiana St
24 Massachusetts
25 SEMO

I'm registered.....but until I come up with a legitimate poll I will refrain from posting. Right now all my results are computer based...and as you can see it needs a lot of work. Of course, my violation % is less than every other computer poll, but it's still a major work in progress.

Sam Houston St #15? Thanks for the love, but I think a little premature.

Cocky
October 18th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Another poll with J-Ville State living off their FBS win. And Wofford at 6? Chatty at 8? Those are quite high.

And exactly which powers has App beaten?
JSU does have a win over Ole Miss who beat USC who beat the so called unbeatable UAT team.
Ga State who has a win over your NC Central opponent.
Chattanooga who both barely beat.

So if we are living off of a FBS win your team, this year, is living off of past App teams.
I would say our resume this year is better than your at this point. App should have a test against Wofford and we should have one against SEMO and that should be it excluding your Florida game. If App wins their FBS game I'm sure they will be living off of it as we are.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 18th, 2010, 08:42 PM
JSU does have a win over Ole Miss who beat USC who beat the so called unbeatable UAT team.

So if we are living off of a FBS win your team, this year, is living off of past App teams.
I would say our resume this year is better than your at this point. App should have a test against Wofford and we should have one against SEMO and that should be it excluding your Florida game. If App wins their FBS game I'm sure they will be living off of it as we are.

If App beats Florida they will fully deserve the #1 spot, and no FBS program in their right mind will ever schedule them again. As it falls right now, I think Jacksonville State deserves a solid #2 rank behind Delaware, with App State at #3.

Cocky
October 18th, 2010, 08:45 PM
If App beats Florida they will fully deserve the #1 spot, and no FBS program in their right mind will ever schedule them again. As it falls right now, I think Jacksonville State deserves a solid #2 rank behind Delaware, with App State at #3.

I have App #1 but I don't understand some of the App fan having such of a problem with our FBS win.

Edge316007
October 18th, 2010, 10:18 PM
JSU does have a win over Ole Miss

Fixed your post. No one cares who Ole Miss beat because the transitive property doesn't exist in football. They beat an FBS team--while impressive--that is on the bottom of their division. Good on you for beating Chatty, we did that too. Aside from that you've scraped by Eastern Illinois, Murray State, and Tennesee Martin -- bad teams. You barely beat a first year program. App has dominated every school they've played except and Elon team fighting for their post season lives and Chatty, which is a wash.

I don't have a problem with your FBS win, it was a very entertaining game and I was cheering for you. I have a problem with the rest of your schedule and how you've fared against mediocre to bad teams. No one can convince me that you're a #1 team. I especially can't see you as #1 over Delaware.

If App beats Florida, not only will we live off that FBS win, but we'd also (hopefully) be living off other quality wins.

GeauxLions94
October 18th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Here you go.

1. Delaware
2. Appalachian State
3. William & Mary
4. Jacksonville State
5. Villanova
6. Stephen F. Austin
7. Montana
8. Eastern Washington
9. Wofford
10. Massachusetts
11. James Madison
12. Southeast Missouri State
13. Chattanooga
14. Liberty
15. Montana State
16. New Hampshire
17. Western Illinois
18. Bethune-Cookman
19. Richmond
20. Northern Arizona
21. South Carolina State
22. Sam Houston State
23. North Dakota State
24. Northern Iowa
25. Grambling State

RabidRabbit
October 19th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Week 7
Pending
1. Jacksonville St.
2. Delaware
3. Appalachian St.
4. Stephen F. Austin
5. Villanova
6. Eastern Washington
7. Montana
8. Montana St.
9. James Madison
10. Southeast Missouri St.
11. William & Mary
12. Pennsylvania
13. Richmond
14. Northern Iowa
15. Wofford
16. Massachusetts
17. Bethune-Cookman
18. Western Illinois
19. Liberty
20. Chattanooga
21. Robert Morris
22. South Carolina St.
23. Indiana St.
24. New Hampshire
25. Northern Arizona
W. Bethune-Cookman
L. Southern Illinois

BTW, NDSU will only get in as an at-large. I believe that they cannot win the AQ as they lost to both UNI and WIU who have one loss in MVFC play.

katstrapper
October 19th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Rabid Rabbit and GL 94,

Those are both pretty solid picks for your top25. However '94, I dont think I am ready to put SHSU in the top 25 just yet. I want to see what we do against SFA this weekend.

Cocky
October 19th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Fixed your post. No one cares who Ole Miss beat because the transitive property doesn't exist in football. They beat an FBS team--while impressive--that is on the bottom of their division. Good on you for beating Chatty, we did that too. Aside from that you've scraped by Eastern Illinois, Murray State, and Tennesee Martin -- bad teams. You barely beat a first year program. App has dominated every school they've played except and Elon team fighting for their post season lives and Chatty, which is a wash.

I don't have a problem with your FBS win, it was a very entertaining game and I was cheering for you. I have a problem with the rest of your schedule and how you've fared against mediocre to bad teams. No one can convince me that you're a #1 team. I especially can't see you as #1 over Delaware.

If App beats Florida, not only will we live off that FBS win, but we'd also (hopefully) be living off other quality wins.

App has beaten the power team ?? Your best win is Chattanooga if you win out minus Florida you can add Wofford. The rest of your schedule is not very strong.

For the record I don't have us above Delaware. Some people have different opinions on who is #1, #2, and so on but because they didn't put your team #1 doesn't mean the teams above you have no credibility.

And transitive properties do not transfer from year to year either nor do they apply to a game score.

tribefan40
October 19th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Nova has been higher than WM the whole year for me as 1.the Tribe weren't altogether at the beginning of the year. Yes, you have the head to head 2.but Nova with some of their players back are much better. 3.They trounced the same Maine team in Orono that WM struggled with. Its not you both on the same field vs each other but I took in effect because of the injuries.

1. Agreed.
2. As far as I understand it, Nova was missing Szcur and a linebacker for the game against W&M. W&M was playing with second string QB, and missing our starting MLB (captain and best defensive player), starting K/P, Top WR, and a couple other role players but starters. Granted Nova looks a lot different without Szcur, but they were dominated outside of a couple drives and a hail mary.
3. Same game where our starting QB played injured and eventually left the game and Grimes essentially did not play.

While I understand your reasoning, the injury bug haas hit us as hard as anyone (outside of UR), and we are still finding ways to win. Good teams do that. xnodx

MR. CHICKEN
October 19th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Week 7
Pending
1. Jacksonville St.
2. Delaware
3. Appalachian St.
4. Stephen F. Austin
5. Villanova
6. Eastern Washington
7. Montana
8. Montana St.
9. James Madison
11. William & Mary
12. Pennsylvania
13. Richmond
14. Northern Iowa
15. Wofford
16. Massachusetts
17. Bethune-Cookman
18. Western Illinois
19. Liberty
20. Chattanooga
21. Robert Morris
22. South Carolina St.
23. Indiana St.
24. New Hampshire
25. Northern Arizona
W. Bethune-Cookman
L. Southern Illinois
BTW, NDSU will only get in as an at-large. I believe that they cannot win the AQ as they lost to both UNI and WIU who have one loss in MVFC play.

WHAA....WAS #20 SOUFFERN ILLINOIS....YER MOS' SIGNIFICANT LOSS.......WHEN #4 [email protected] FOURFF STRINGER QB...xconfusedx.........AWK?

Edge316007
October 19th, 2010, 08:57 AM
App has beaten the power team ?? Your best win is Chattanooga if you win out minus Florida you can add Wofford. The rest of your schedule is not very strong.

For the record I don't have us above Delaware. Some people have different opinions on who is #1, #2, and so on but because they didn't put your team #1 doesn't mean the teams above you have no credibility.

And transitive properties do not transfer from year to year either nor do they apply to a game score.

Say what? I have no idea what you're babbling about here.

Elon would wipe the floor with anyone JSU has played (other than Ole Miss, obviously). Even Jacksonville could probably hold their own. And not only did App beat everyone on their schedule, but they dominated almost every game. That's kind of the point. You've got two teams, one barely beats mediocre to bad teams and another one crushes them. Which team is better? The answer should be pretty simple.

GeauxLions94
October 19th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Rabid Rabbit and GL 94,

Those are both pretty solid picks for your top25. However '94, I dont think I am ready to put SHSU in the top 25 just yet. I want to see what we do against SFA this weekend.

I wasn't ready to throw the Kats in the poll yet either, but after personally witnessing a 50-point beatdown and were totally manhandled at the line of scrimmage (that didn't happen to us against Tulane or UL-Monroe), I came out impressed with the job that Fritz and Co. are doing. You could tell our team got pretty deflated after Evan Niles (senior OL) got hurt in the first quarter, Beatty missed several open receivers and a bunch of passes that were on target were dropped and we could never flip the field giving SHSU a bunch of short drives.

Of course what happens this week against SFA will determine if any other SLC team makes my list from here on out. SHSU needs a passing game to compliment Flanders in the worst way.

katstrapper
October 19th, 2010, 09:35 AM
I wasn't ready to throw the Kats in the poll yet either, but after personally witnessing a 50-point beatdown and were totally manhandled at the line of scrimmage (that didn't happen to us against Tulane or UL-Monroe), I came out impressed with the job that Fritz and Co. are doing. You could tell our team got pretty deflated after Evan Niles (senior OL) got hurt in the first quarter, Beatty missed several open receivers and a bunch of passes that were on target were dropped and we could never flip the field giving SHSU a bunch of short drives.

Of course what happens this week against SFA will determine if any other SLC team makes my list from here on out. SHSU needs a passing game to compliment Flanders in the worst way.

Well, Bell can throw and has been very efficient when he has. Again, there hasnt been any need to get crazy with the passing game when Flanders and the other backs are pounding away, defense is doing their thing and special teams is scoring. Bell has had some nice long passes for tds and is a very capable passing QB. Remember he is a true freshman and all they want him to do at this point is manage the game and not make mistakes or turnovers and he has done that to this point...

I will say I cant wait for the day we open it up a little, but we still are looking for consistency from our WR's. We have had a lot of dropped passes. Fritz is playing to our strength right now and that is pounding the ball with Flanders, a stingy defense and a very opportunistic special teams.

lucchesicourt
October 19th, 2010, 05:59 PM
I think I said a 3 loss team, no matter who, does not belong in the top 25 at this point. That would be ANY 3 loss team, including the others mentioned. I was only speaking specifically about Poly and SUU. I think SUU desrves to be ranked over Poly. SUU played a great game and beat Poly. If Poly and SUU win out, will Poly be ranked above SUU? I would hope not. SUU will be league champion and have beaten Poly.
Wyoming - at Laramie, Wyo. 20 - 28 (L)

San Diego - Cedar City, Utah 6:00 32 - 3 (W)

San Jose State - at San Jose, Calif. 11 - 16 (L)

Texas State - at San Marcos, Texas 28 - 42 (L)

Northern Arizona - Cedar City, Utah 23 - 26 (L)

North Dakota * - at Grand Forks, N.D. 31 - 21 (W)

Cal Poly (HC) * 13 Cedar City, Utah 20 - 7 (W)

So, SUU does have 4 losses, and they are: 2 to FBS teams, a ranked Northern AZ, and a loss to the same Texas State University as Poly lost too. Does SUU deserve to be ranked? No. And, this is how I justify that Poly should not be either. I don't think any GWFC team has established themselves as a top 25 team to this point.

CAAisBOSS
October 19th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Week 7
Pending
1. Jacksonville St.
2. Delaware
3. Appalachian St.
4. Stephen F. Austin
5. Villanova
6. Eastern Washington
7. Montana
8. Montana St.
9. James Madison
11. William & Mary
12. Pennsylvania
13. Richmond
14. Northern Iowa
15. Wofford
16. Massachusetts
17. Bethune-Cookman
18. Western Illinois
19. Liberty
20. Chattanooga
21. Robert Morris
22. South Carolina St.
23. Indiana St.
24. New Hampshire
25. Northern Arizona
W. Bethune-Cookman
L. Southern Illinois

do you pay attention to the caa at all? madison and nova above WM? after madison just got beat and wm dominated nova?? dont vote anymore, please

bjtheflamesfan
October 19th, 2010, 06:41 PM
whoa there...watch it now...just because you dont like where he has your team doesnt mean he isnt fit to vote...take a step back and a deep breath my friend

slostang
October 19th, 2010, 06:41 PM
I think I said a 3 loss team, no matter who, does not belong in the top 25 at this point. That would be ANY 3 loss team, including the others mentioned. I was only speaking specifically about Poly and SUU. I think SUU desrves to be ranked over Poly. SUU played a great game and beat Poly. If Poly and SUU win out, will Poly be ranked above SUU? I would hope not. SUU will be league champion and have beaten Poly.
Wyoming - at Laramie, Wyo. 20 - 28 (L)

San Diego - Cedar City, Utah 6:00 32 - 3 (W)

San Jose State - at San Jose, Calif. 11 - 16 (L)

Texas State - at San Marcos, Texas 28 - 42 (L)

Northern Arizona - Cedar City, Utah 23 - 26 (L)

North Dakota * - at Grand Forks, N.D. 31 - 21 (W)

Cal Poly (HC) * 13 Cedar City, Utah 20 - 7 (W)

So, SUU does have 4 losses, and they are: 2 to FBS teams, a ranked Northern AZ, and a loss to the same Texas State University as Poly lost too. Does SUU deserve to be ranked? No. And, this is how I justify that Poly should not be either. I don't think any GWFC team has established themselves as a top 25 team to this point.

Still think it is you showing your Mustang envy.

tribefan40
October 19th, 2010, 06:55 PM
do you pay attention to the caa at all? madison and nova above WM? after madison just got beat and wm dominated nova?? dont vote anymore, please

+1

heath
October 19th, 2010, 08:12 PM
whoa there...watch it now...just because you dont like where he has your team doesnt mean he isnt fit to vote...take a step back and a deep breath my friend

Reveal your Ballot,but not your opinion. Its nice to live in a PC world.

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2010, 09:07 PM

Personally I'm trying to take it easy, but quite a few of these votes do make people look unfit to vote.

JMUNJ08
October 19th, 2010, 10:15 PM
1. Agreed.
2. As far as I understand it, Nova was missing Szcur and a linebacker for the game against W&M. W&M was playing with second string QB, and missing our starting MLB (captain and best defensive player), starting K/P, Top WR, and a couple other role players but starters. Granted Nova looks a lot different without Szcur, but they were dominated outside of a couple drives and a hail mary.
3. Same game where our starting QB played injured and eventually left the game and Grimes essentially did not play.

While I understand your reasoning, the injury bug haas hit us as hard as anyone (outside of UR), and we are still finding ways to win. Good teams do that. xnodx

Agreed the injury bug has hit you guys. I do believe your backup is really your 1B and not #2 per se. Otherwise I gave it my best to defend it! I know you don't necessarily agree but at least I had some reasoning even if still flawed as their is no perfect answer.

JMUNJ08
October 19th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Say what? I have no idea what you're babbling about here.

Elon would wipe the floor with anyone JSU has played (other than Ole Miss, obviously). Even Jacksonville could probably hold their own. And not only did App beat everyone on their schedule, but they dominated almost every game. That's kind of the point. You've got two teams, one barely beats mediocre to bad teams and another one crushes them. Which team is better? The answer should be pretty simple.

I see an Oklahoma team who has struggled against low mid major teams with a few good W's ahead of a Boise team that has CRUSHED bad teams and beaten the 2 good ones on their schedule. Does that make sense either? Jax St. has won all their games and so has App St & Delaware. UD has more impressive wins IMO than both of them but cases could be made for each. Any of those 3 at #1 right now is legit. I posted my ballot so can't chastise me on this one...

JMUNJ08
October 19th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Personally I'm trying to take it easy, but quite a few of these votes do make people look unfit to vote.

If TSN revealed all their ballots I bet we'd all think 75% of them were NUTS for a few picks to their entire ballot besides a decent #1 so their ballot doesn't get thrown out. If you have a large enough sample biases/morons will be weeded out. We just need to get a larger number of AGS posters voting on a weekly basis though I think our poll is the best (a little biased myself).

MR. CHICKEN
October 19th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Week 7
Pending
1. Jacksonville St.
2. Delaware
3. Appalachian St.
4. Stephen F. Austin
5. Villanova
6. Eastern Washington
7. Montana
8. Montana St.
9. James Madison
11. William & Mary
12. Pennsylvania
13. Richmond
14. Northern Iowa
15. Wofford
16. Massachusetts
17. Bethune-Cookman
18. Western Illinois
19. Liberty
20. Chattanooga
21. Robert Morris
22. South Carolina St.
23. Indiana St.
24. New Hampshire
25. Northern Arizona
W. Bethune-Cookman
L. Southern Illinois

AH'M THINKIN' RABID RABBIT....GOTS DUH RABIES.....LET US EXAMINE:

MONTANA STATE #8 (LAST WEEKS POLL HAD 'EM #9)...DEY LOSE....UP 1

JAMES MADISON #9 (LAST WEEKS POLL HAD 'EM #8)...DEY LOSE..@ HOME TA N. HAMPSHIRE.....DROPS 1

NEW HAMPSHIRE #24 (LAST WEEKS POLL HAD 'EM #19)...DEY BEAT #8 JMU....IN HARRISONBURG...DROPS 5

WM & MARY #11 (LAST WEEKS POLL HAD 'EM #5).....IDLE....DROPS 'EM 6

#12 PENNSYLVANIA (LAST WEEKS POLL HAD 'EM #31)....WHO'D DEY BEAT....OREGON...???....MOVES 'EM UP 19

UMA$$ #16 (LAST WEEKS POLL HAD 'EM #4)...LOSE TA RICHMOND BY 1....DROPS 'EM 12

SOUTH CAROLINA ST. #22 (LAST WEEKS POLL #10)...LOSE TA B-COOKMAN....DROPS 'EM 12

INDIANA STATE #23......NOT LISTED IN LAST WEEKS TOP 35

STILL WONDERIN' WHAA....#20 SOUFFERN ILLINOIS...IS MOST SIGNIFICANT LOSS.....WHEN #4 UMA$$ LOSES @ MCGUIRK...???

DUH RABBIT'S POLL GOT MO' HOLES DAN UH BLOCK UH SWISS!.......HOW IS OURAH POLL STAYIN' COMPETITIVE....WHIFF VOTIN' LIKE DIS????

Edge316007
October 19th, 2010, 11:01 PM
I see an Oklahoma team who has struggled against low mid major teams with a few good W's ahead of a Boise team that has CRUSHED bad teams and beaten the 2 good ones on their schedule. Does that make sense either? Jax St. has won all their games and so has App St & Delaware. UD has more impressive wins IMO than both of them but cases could be made for each. Any of those 3 at #1 right now is legit. I posted my ballot so can't chastise me on this one...

Oklahoma is in a BCS conference. That's your sole reason. Other than that the two scenarios are not comparable.

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2010, 12:18 AM
If TSN revealed all their ballots I bet we'd all think 75% of them were NUTS for a few picks to their entire ballot besides a decent #1 so their ballot doesn't get thrown out. If you have a large enough sample biases/morons will be weeded out. We just need to get a larger number of AGS posters voting on a weekly basis though I think our poll is the best (a little biased myself).

Completely agreed about TSN.

Cocky
October 20th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Oklahoma is in a BCS conference. That's your sole reason. Other than that the two scenarios are not comparable.

Nothing is comparable or reasonable unless it is in agreement with you.

tribefan40
October 20th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Agreed the injury bug has hit you guys. I do believe your backup is really your 1B and not #2 per se. Otherwise I gave it my best to defend it! I know you don't necessarily agree but at least I had some reasoning even if still flawed as their is no perfect answer.

This has turned out to be true. If you had asked me week two (after the vmi game) I would have told you to tank the season if he had to come in. Paulus has stepped up in a big way, and the injury to Callahan could end up being the turning point in the season. There certainly are not any perfect answers for the CAA this year. The last half of the season is gonna be even crazier and I can't wait. Wish I could find some tickets for the game in Harrisonburg!

RabidRabbit
October 20th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Week 7
Pending
1. Jacksonville St. 1
2. Delaware 2
3. Appalachian St. 3
4. Stephen F. Austin 6
5. Villanova 7
6. Eastern Washington 8
7. Montana 9
8. Montana St. 4
9. James Madison 5
10. Southeast Missouri St. 13
11. William & Mary 11
12. Pennsylvania 14
13. Richmond 15
14. Northern Iowa 16
15. Wofford 17
16. Massachusetts 10
17. Bethune-Cookman 22
18. Western Illinois 25
19. Liberty 20
20. Chattanooga 21
21. Robert Morris 23
22. South Carolina St. 12
23. Indiana St. NR
24. New Hampshire NR
25. Northern Arizona NR
W. Bethune-Cookman
L. Southern Illinois

Relative to my prior week ballot, schools moved relative to where they were listed the previous week. Regarding the CAA, it's impossible to not follow. 7 of my top 25 are CAA. I believe that W&M hasn't won a key match-up away yet. They get to demonstrate where they stand if the knock off a BlueHen team that appears to be clicking on all cylinders. If I do have a bias, it's toward the MoValley, as that is the league I follow the closest. Only thre conferences, Southland, OVC and SoCon have clear leaders, and the rest are challenging to pick.

Edge316007
October 20th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Nothing is comparable or reasonable unless it is in agreement with you.

That's not at all true. But I'm in agreement with the majority. J-Ville State being a top 2 team is definitely a minority opinion, not only on this board but according to the experts and people that run these teams for a living. I'm inclined to believe the reverse of your quote is true.

dbackjon
October 20th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Pretty sad how many voters completely left off, or only ranked NAU in the 20's.

Pathetic, actually.

JMUNJ08
October 20th, 2010, 01:46 PM

App St. - Southern Conference
Delaware - CAA
J'ville St. - Ohio Valley

OVC is clearly comparable to a low major conference while the Southern and CAA could be considered our 'BCS' leagues. How does my comparison hold no water?

JMUNJ08
October 20th, 2010, 01:48 PM

Pathetic, actually.

Haven't been on my radar all year. Nothing really to get excited about until this past weekend. I will be taking a closer look in subsequent weeks/polls. Hopefully the yearly late season collapse doesn't make us forget the #2 Lumberjacks team in the country.

soccerguy315
October 20th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Relative to my prior week ballot, schools moved relative to where they were listed the previous week. Regarding the CAA, it's impossible to not follow. 7 of my top 25 are CAA. I believe that W&M hasn't won a key match-up away yet. They get to demonstrate where they stand if the knock off a BlueHen team that appears to be clicking on all cylinders. If I do have a bias, it's toward the MoValley, as that is the league I follow the closest. Only thre conferences, Southland, OVC and SoCon have clear leaders, and the rest are challenging to pick.

just fyi, that W&M/Delaware game this weekend is @W&M.

TheDancinMonarch
October 20th, 2010, 01:54 PM

Pathetic, actually.

For the record I had Northern Arizona at #13.

Edge316007
October 20th, 2010, 02:34 PM
App St. - Southern Conference
Delaware - CAA
J'ville St. - Ohio Valley

OVC is clearly comparable to a low major conference while the Southern and CAA could be considered our 'BCS' leagues. How does my comparison hold no water?

Because your comparison is backwards. Jacksonville State and Oklahoma have struggled against teams while App and Boise have crushed teams. The only reason Oklahoma is ahead of Boise is because they're in a BCS conference. App has crushed teams AND is in a "BCS" conference.

tribefan40
October 20th, 2010, 03:42 PM

Trying to follow your logic here... What are the key road wins for: Nova, EWU, Montana and Montana State? Beating Delaware would be the second win against #1/2 in a month, I think I'd be happy with splitting...

Fear the Bird
October 20th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Trying to follow your logic here... What are the key road wins for: Nova, EWU, Montana and Montana State? Beating Delaware would be the second win against #1/2 in a month, I think I'd be happy with splitting...

xbowx
Enjoying this thread watching people put their foot in their mouth by "defending" their ballot

dbackjon
October 20th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Haven't been on my radar all year. Nothing really to get excited about until this past weekend. I will be taking a closer look in subsequent weeks/polls. Hopefully the yearly late season collapse doesn't make us forget the #2 Lumberjacks team in the country.

1) One of the problems with pre-season polls. You need to look afresh every week
2) Another problem with polls - people judge teams on past results, and over-rate some teams.
3) NAU played a decent FBS team solidly, lost to a very good EWU by 7, then thrashed a top 10 team. Not very many teams outside of the top 8 or so have a better resume.

B&G
October 20th, 2010, 05:24 PM
So I appear to be pretty far off from the consensus from my low ranking of Montana. I'm not sure what part of their resume warrants them being a Top 10 team. They have wins over the bottom half of the Big Sky and a D2 school. The two good teams they played both beat them. Am I missing something? If they beat NAU next week, then I can see them jumping a little.

JMUNJ08
October 20th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Because your comparison is backwards. Jacksonville State and Oklahoma have struggled against teams while App and Boise have crushed teams. The only reason Oklahoma is ahead of Boise is because they're in a BCS conference. App has crushed teams AND is in a "BCS" conference.

Missed my own point as I didn't reread my first post. It was more about making any sense. App is in the better league but the schedule hasn't been much different to date. Apps may be slightly better but doesn't have the Ole Miss win. App has more style points but you can't fault someone for Jax St. being on top.

JMUNJ08
October 20th, 2010, 10:06 PM
1) One of the problems with pre-season polls. You need to look afresh every week
2) Another problem with polls - people judge teams on past results, and over-rate some teams.
3) NAU played a decent FBS team solidly, lost to a very good EWU by 7, then thrashed a top 10 team. Not very many teams outside of the top 8 or so have a better resume.

I take a good look at each conference every week (even the SWAC/PFL which many voters toss out to begin their weekly Top 25). Here is your resume so far:

W vs. West New Mex, 48-0 - NON-D1 (3-4)
L at Arizona State, 20-41 - (3-3) - FBS - (2 Big Sky wins)
W at Idaho State, 32-7 - (1-6)
W at Southern Utah, 26-23 - (3-4)
L at Eastern Wash, 14-21 - (5-2)
W vs. Montana State, 34-7 - (5-2)

Prior to this week, there is 0 reason for them to be ranked IMO. Southern Utah now has a win over Cal Poly but thats the only thing on their resume as well. Its a statement win over Montana State but I need more than just that to jump them to the middle of my poll in 1 week.

Montana State had already beat the E. Washington team you lost to, were 3-0 in the Big Sky and really had their FBS game won vs. Washington State. Alot more reason for a loftier ranking than N. Arizona. Now N. Arizona has the head to head but I don't do the straight head to head comparison as the sole reason to vote 1 team higher than another.

Edge316007
October 20th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Missed my own point as I didn't reread my first post. It was more about making any sense. App is in the better league but the schedule hasn't been much different to date. Apps may be slightly better but doesn't have the Ole Miss win. App has more style points but you can't fault someone for Jax St. being on top.

Hence the "living off their FBS win" comment, because they pretty much are. That's not to say they aren't a good team or anything (IMO, not top 2 over App or Delaware) but I'd like to see them destroy these lesser teams. Or at least win by more than 1 score.

WrenFGun
October 21st, 2010, 07:39 AM

I'm not voting but I have to think there's some thought given to NAU's swooning, fair or not. I think the post below pretty clearly justifies why they weren't ranked before (SUU was their best win) but they absolutely deserve to be ranked now and they deserve to be ranked MUCH higher if they beat Montana this weekend.

dbackjon
October 21st, 2010, 09:52 AM
I take a good look at each conference every week (even the SWAC/PFL which many voters toss out to begin their weekly Top 25). Here is your resume so far:

W vs. West New Mex, 48-0 - NON-D1 (3-4)
L at Arizona State, 20-41 - (3-3) - FBS - (2 Big Sky wins)
W at Idaho State, 32-7 - (1-6)
W at Southern Utah, 26-23 - (3-4)
L at Eastern Wash, 14-21 - (5-2)
W vs. Montana State, 34-7 - (5-2)

Prior to this week, there is 0 reason for them to be ranked IMO. Southern Utah now has a win over Cal Poly but thats the only thing on their resume as well. Its a statement win over Montana State but I need more than just that to jump them to the middle of my poll in 1 week.

Montana State had already beat the E. Washington team you lost to, were 3-0 in the Big Sky and really had their FBS game won vs. Washington State. Alot more reason for a loftier ranking than N. Arizona. Now N. Arizona has the head to head but I don't do the straight head to head comparison as the sole reason to vote 1 team higher than another.

And this early (and yes, for the most part it is still early), very few of the high ranked teams had a resume either.

A voter has to be able to throw out pre-concieved notions and redo the ballot EVERY week.

NAU's showing against Arizona State was more impressive than MSU's vs Wazzou.

And with that logic, why is Montana ranked so high? They lost to the only good teams they have played?
I will answer that - reputation alone.

JMUNJ08
October 22nd, 2010, 11:08 PM
And this early (and yes, for the most part it is still early), very few of the high ranked teams had a resume either.

A voter has to be able to throw out pre-concieved notions and redo the ballot EVERY week.

NAU's showing against Arizona State was more impressive than MSU's vs Wazzou.

And with that logic, why is Montana ranked so high? They lost to the only good teams they have played?
I will answer that - reputation alone.

1. 40-21 > 23-22? Don't think so unlees 20 points were scored in the last 2 minutes by AZ St.
2. Stated earlier I would defend everything but my Montana ranking. This week should give me the info I need. Just take care of business!

Cocky
October 24th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Bump
SO everyone can be reminded of their stupid decisions. Just remember no matter how you vote someone will disagree (if you don't have their team #1).

Edge316007
October 24th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Bump
SO everyone can be reminded of their stupid decisions. Just remember no matter how you vote someone will disagree (if you don't have their team #1).

Is that a backhanded swing at me? Kudos for destroying a team you should destroy (finally), but that doesn't put you at #1 still. It at least gets you in the conversation for top 2, but William and Mary might make the jump.

Cocky
October 24th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Is that a backhanded swing at me? Kudos for destroying a team you should destroy (finally), but that doesn't put you at #1 still. It at least gets you in the conversation for top 2, but William and Mary might make the jump.

Like I said last week, App is my #1 and will be this week.