PDA

View Full Version : week 8 SoCon predictions

catamount man
October 17th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Chatt at Furman - the best game in the conference this week. I honestly don't know who to pick. Head says Furman, guts say UTC ends the long streak against the Paladins. Eh.......I'll say Furman since it's a home game.

FURMAN 20 CHATT 18

Wofford at Elon - Wofford on a roll. Terriers win 34-23. Elon keeps it close.

GSU at El Cid - GSU 28-14

App at Western - Crowd will look like Boone by end of 3rd quarter. ASU wins 6th in a row over the hapless Cats extending to their 24th win in the last 26 years over western and getting win #56 out of 75 against WCU as well. ASU 59-10

AppChicago
October 17th, 2010, 09:06 AM
I'll take the Visitors across the board.

Chattanooga @ Furman: Chatty has only dropped two this season, and those were to two of the top teams in FCS, both of whom remain undefeated. While Furman has also only dropped two (one BCS loss and one to Wofford), I think momentum is on the Mocs' side here. Chatty by a TD.

Wofford @ Elon: Elon has a solid QB, but hasn't given anyone any reason to think they'll win this one against a strong Wofford squad. Yappers 42, Fightin' Christians 24.

And these two are pretty much procedural:
Georgia Southern @ The Citadel, with the Lords of Discipline being outscored by the Lords of Disciplinary Action by at least 3 TDs.

App State @ Western. I'll leave it at that. Apps will win. No sense rubbing it in.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 17th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Wofford avenges last year's loss to Elon in a big way.

Chatty keeps the Mo going with a win over Furman

Wagner keeps the lead over App. State for about three quarters or so, but at the very end App. runs 'em off the field.

GSU beat El Cid on a late-game surge as well.

catamount man
October 17th, 2010, 11:19 AM
WCU holding a lead over ASU for 3 quarters?

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

eaglewraith
October 17th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Georgia Southern @ The Citadel, with the Lords of Discipline being outscored by the Lords of Disciplinary Action by at least 3 TDs.

Can anyone really be making these kind of comments after THE Citadel's offseason troubles?

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
October 17th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Appalachian State @ Western Carolina (Beatdown of the week #1) - This has the potential to be worse than what Samford did to WCU.
Wofford @ Elon - Terriers avenge last season's loss against down Elon team.
Chattanooga @ Furman (Game of the week) - Team on a mission avenges last season's loss.
Georgia Southern @ The Citadel (Beatdown of the week #2) - Eagles show Bulldogs how the TO is run the hard way.

OL FU
October 17th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Appalachian State @ Western Carolina (Beatdown of the week #1) - This has the potential to be worse than what Samford did to WCU.
Chattanooga @ Furman (Game of the week) - Team on a mission avenges last season's loss.
Georgia Southern @ The Citadel (Beatdown of the week #2) - Eagles show Bulldogs how the TO is run the hard way.

My concern isn't that Chatt is out to avenge last season's loss. My concern is that they are out to avenge the season before that and the season before that and the season before that and the season before that and the season before that and the season before that and the season before that .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....

appfan2008
October 17th, 2010, 02:52 PM
ASU @ WCU
Wofford @ Elon
UTC @ Furman
GSU @ TC

All road teams for me...

I wonder how often every conference game is won by the road team in a given week...

KiddBrewer
October 17th, 2010, 04:30 PM
ASU @ WCU
Wofford @ Elon
UTC @ Furman
GSU @ TC

All road teams for me...

I wonder how often every conference game is won by the road team in a given week...

i'm guessing it rarely happens during a week when ASU is playing at home...xthumbsupx

but i'm going with your picks as well.

maybe elon beats wofford at home, but only maybe

T-Dog
October 17th, 2010, 04:39 PM
App by the temperature at kickoff.
UTC breaks the streak 28-21.
Wofford runs over Elon 38-21.
GSU runs over El Cit 31-13.

appfan2008
October 17th, 2010, 04:53 PM
App by the temperature at kickoff.
UTC breaks the streak 28-21.
Wofford runs over Elon 38-21.
GSU runs over El Cit 31-13.

I hope it is a warm day!

The Cats
October 17th, 2010, 05:46 PM
ASU @ WCU

Wofford @ Elon

UTC @ Furman

GSU @ The Citadel

SideLine Shooter
October 17th, 2010, 06:25 PM
I'll make it simple, the visiting team wins all games.

biggie
October 17th, 2010, 06:47 PM
ASU @ WCU
Wofford @ Elon
UTC @ Furman
GSU @ TC
Ditto

chattanoogamocs
October 17th, 2010, 07:01 PM
My concern isn't that Chatt is out to avenge last season's loss. My concern is that they are out to avenge the season before that and the season before that and the season before that and the season before that and the season before that and the season before that and the season before that .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....

The last time the Mocs beat Furman...gas was $1.16 a gallon...time to beat the streak!

atlfcsfan
October 17th, 2010, 07:50 PM
App St. 38 WCU 10 Think the Cats will use ball control to keep the blowout from being so bad.

Elon 42 Wofford 35 Riddle has a big day as the Phoenix win at home.

Chatt 26 Furman 21 Chatty pulls it out at the end.

GSU 31 Citadel 14 The Eagles get back on track.

Reign of Terrier
October 17th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Elon 42 Wofford 35 Riddle has a big day as the Phoenix win at home.

I honestly don't see Riddle having a big day with our pass rush and our more effective secondary

longtimemocfan
October 17th, 2010, 08:39 PM
The last time the Mocs beat Furman...gas was $1.16 a gallon...time to beat the streak!

Terrell Owens was a sophomore at Chattanooga. Time for it to end.

ElonFirefighter
October 17th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Ill keep it simple too 4 socon teams will win

appstate38
October 17th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Apps over WCU , but I don't think they hang 70 on them like a few years ago
Woffs in a close one; although Elon may surprise us
Chatty keeps the ball rolling.... Bobby Lambe looking for the exits
GSU big!!!

MarchingMountaineer
October 18th, 2010, 07:19 AM
ASU @ WCU - ASU could go over the century mark, but starters get second half off to rest for Black Saturday; 48-10.

Wofford @ Elon - Elon wants it, but just doesn't have enough goods to deliver; 27-24

UTC @ Furman - Furman tired next week after trying to knock the chip off Moc's shoulder; 39-37

GSU @ The Citadel - Oh... so THAT'S how you run a triple option; 45-3

AppStsGr8
October 18th, 2010, 07:36 AM
GSU @ The Citadel - Oh... so THAT'S how you run a triple option; 45-3

That one gave me a nice chuckle! xhurrayx

I don't think the App - WCU game will be close at all. The only question in my mind is how long the starters will play. I had honestly hoped Wagner would make a positive difference at WCU. From all appearances, that improvement still seems quite elusive for the Catamounts.

UCMoc
October 18th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Chatt 26 Furman 21 Chatty pulls it out at the end.

I've heard that isn't always effective.

My picks:

ASU @ WCU In a landslide.
Wofford @ Elon- I want to pick Elon, but I can't bring myself to do it. WC by 3.
Chattanooga @ Furman- Mocs blow them away...no pullout.
GSU @ The Citadel- Eagles will get the offense rolling and win by 21 or more.

AndrewFU21
October 18th, 2010, 08:52 AM
I think this week we'll really start to see whether they'll be 2-3 teams that rise to the top or whether teams 2-7 will just make life difficult for each other.

ASU @ Western - App wins big

Wofford @ Elon - Wofford has been playing well, but I don't think Elon is done quite yet. They've struggled with four losses, but don't forget that they were a few plays away from winning in Boone. I'll pick Wofford here, but I think Scott Riddle still has something left in him to be the spoiler for somebody this season.

GSU @ Citadel - The last two weeks have brought the Eagles back to the reality that turnarounds(especially involving major offensive changes) don't usually happen overnight. I think they'll get back on track here, although the Bellhops are usually a much tougher team at home

Chattanooga @ Furman - I'm really, really glad this one is at home, because this game has scared me from the start of the season. Since FU handled the Mocs early last year, UTC has been taking major strides, and a win here would put them in great shape playoff-wise. For FU, this is probably close to another must-win if this team is going to stay in the playoff hunt. The Paladins put together their best half of football of the season on Saturday against a Samford team that was gunning for us with all they had(with revenge on their minds much like this Moc team will have). I'm still worried about FU getting consistent play out of the offense, but the recent efforts of the defense have been inspiring. Perhaps the deciding factor will be the FU defense, who hasn't played a single pass-first team all year, against B.J. Coleman and company. I think it'll be a close one... but I'll abstain from picking the game due to bias :p

Woof
October 18th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Hillbillies by how ever many they want. Wagner starts looking for assistant job in NAIA.
Terriers' TO is well oiled machine once again and D is much improved. I look for us to avenge last year's loss and roll over Flaming Pigeons
Chatty playing for possible playoff bid, Furples seem lifeless- Mocs pull this one off and Lamb starts combing the Want Ads
Eaglets by a bunch; Bullpuppies' O is anemic.

UCMoc
October 18th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Perhaps the deciding factor will be the FU defense, who hasn't played a single pass-first team all year, against B.J. Coleman and company. I think it'll be a close one... but I'll abstain from picking the game due to bias :p

Up until the game against The Citadel, I would have agreed that the Mocs are a pass first team. In the last two weeks, they have come out and run almost twice as many times as they have passed. I would say that this is one of my favorite things about this team, they are able to completely change their offense from week to week based on the opponent. I am kind of curious myself to see what Coach Huesman's gameplan is this week.

Aho_Old_Guy
October 18th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Elon is somewhat of a trap game for WC. It's homecoming at Rhodes after the Fenix having a week of rest. Will Elon mail it in or embrace their roll as spoiler? I see a lot of hugs at Haw River (and a really big future log-jam in the SoCon at 6-2 for 3 teams).

Bottom Line: Scott Riddle ain't Cody Worley, Jaybo Shaw, Zac Brindise or A.J. Toscano.

Riddle: 6 Games
169-253
1,976 yds
17 TDs
5 INTs

The Other Guys: 15 D-1 Games
170-299
1,971 yds
10 TDs
13 INTs

Woof
October 18th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Elon is somewhat of a trap game for WC. It's homecoming at Rhodes after the Fenix having a week of rest. Will Elon mail it in or embrace their roll as spoiler? I see a lot of Thugs at Haw River.

Bottom Line: Scott Riddle ain't Cody Worley, Jaybo Shaw, Zac Brindise or A.J. Toscano.

Fixed it for you.

BTW, you can rest assured no one at Wofford is overlooking the Pigeons and it is not lost on our boys that Eloan made us their homecoming game. After some of the lickings we took last year, we're playing like a team on a mission...a redemption tour of sorts.

Riddle is good (...a jerk, but good). However, our D is playing very well right now, putting pressure on QBs, flying around the field, hitting, and forcing turnovers... bottom line, we would relish the chance to ruin the Thugs Hugs celebration.

AndrewFU21
October 18th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Up until the game against The Citadel, I would have agreed that the Mocs are a pass first team. In the last two weeks, they have come out and run almost twice as many times as they have passed. I would say that this is one of my favorite things about this team, they are able to completely change their offense from week to week based on the opponent. I am kind of curious myself to see what Coach Huesman's gameplan is this week.

Perhaps I should have said "team with a competent passing game", although SCar can throw the ball pretty well. Furman's other opponents(Colgate, Wofford, Citadel, Howard, Samford) are all teams that want to run the ball all day long. Our secondary has played very well this year(9 picks through 6 games), and it is definitely the strength of the FU defense, but it hasn't been tested all that much this year. I'm worried about our young D-line getting enough pressure up front as well.

elon77
October 18th, 2010, 10:17 AM
So the way some of you are picking Woffy over Elon BIG, means that the same people will be picking Woffy Big over ASU in a few weeks? Just curious.

Saint3333
October 18th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Wofford fan that is the most Elon hate I've seen in one post ever. To hear the Elon fans talk I thought our fans were the only ones that had that opinion of their team. Anyway on to the predictions:

ASU @ WCU - NP, on paper no contest. This will likely be the last game WCU brings any fire the remainder of the season, this is their super bowl and all they have left to play for. If ASU wins big, look for WCU get even worse the rest of the way.

Cit @ GSU - GSU 35 - Citadel 17 - Citadel's defensive line in underrated, but not strong enough to stop a better triple option team. How many passes will Citadel complete this week, it was 0 last week. Over/under set at 4, I'm taking the under.

UTC @ Furman - UTC 24 Furman 21 - I think that FU still has better overall talent than UTC, but at the coaching level there is no comparison UTC does the little things to beat Furman this weekend. I hate this because this will mean Lamb will not be back next year and ASU still needs 4-5 more wins to even the series.

Wofford @ Elon - Wofford 35 Elon 31 - Most people will be interested in Wofford's ability to run over Elon, however my attention will be on Wofford's pass defense. The last two years it has been awful and they haven't played a good passing team this year. Wofford will be able to run on Elon at will so I think they win in a high scoring game. If Wofford can hold Riddle under 300 yards passing this will put ASU fans on full alert as that is how ASU has beaten them the last couple of years.

PaladinFan
October 18th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Wofford @ Elon: Don't know why, but I think Elon does just enough on defense to win at home by a field goal.

App @ WCU: easy win for App.

Cit @ GSU: Closer than the experts think. Citadel has a hard nosed front four.

UTC @ Furman: Big game for both teams with potential playoff lives on the line. UTC, for whatever reason, plays Furman much closer in Greenville than in Chattanooga. Still, for the same reason that everyone picks App State to win the conference, you have to go Furman here for the pure reason that until they lose, you have to stick with them. The Mocs haven't beaten the Paladins since 1994 (I think). Sure, they are due, but they've been due for a long time.

UTC is going to have to run the ball as Furman's pass defense has just been spectacular. I expect a very very close game.

SCPALADIN
October 18th, 2010, 11:32 AM
UTC is going to have to run the ball as Furman's pass defense has just been spectacular. I expect a very very close game.

That, or we haven't faced a passing offense that is worth a d*mn...S. Carolina excluded.

PaladinFan
October 18th, 2010, 12:57 PM
That, or we haven't faced a passing offense that is worth a d*mn...S. Carolina excluded.

Not even USC tried throwing at Ryan Steed. Samford did early in the game and it cost them a touchdown.

If our run defense could follow suit, we'd be alright.

OLDMAIN80
October 18th, 2010, 01:56 PM

What he said.

PhoenixMan
October 18th, 2010, 03:52 PM
I honestly don't see Riddle having a big day with our pass rush and our more effective secondary

So, are you implying that your pass rush and secondary is superior to App St.? Because 31-43 for 394 yds. and 4 TD's was a big day despite the loss.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 18th, 2010, 05:15 PM
So, are you implying that your pass rush and secondary is superior to App St.? Because 31-43 for 394 yds. and 4 TD's was a big day despite the loss.

I for one think Wofford's D is all-around better than App's.

Horseshoe App
October 18th, 2010, 05:21 PM

Riddle played his a$$ off against Appalachian. If you get no pressure on him, he is going to eat you up. Even though Elon is 2-4, I see this game as very even. Wofford will have to pick its poison with Elon. Blitz and hope you get to him or do what App did and let him pick you apart. It should be very interesting to see how this game turns out.

Reign of Terrier
October 18th, 2010, 05:39 PM

yes

Reign of Terrier
October 18th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Riddle played his a$$ off against Appalachian. If you get no pressure on him, he is going to eat you up. Even though Elon is 2-4, I see this game as very even. Wofford will have to pick its poison with Elon. Blitz and hope you get to him or do what App did and let him pick you apart. It should be very interesting to see how this game turns out.

our defensive line is good enough to where we don't need to send a blitz to get pressure. Wofford will control the LOS this game i think.

Horseshoe App
October 18th, 2010, 06:04 PM
our defensive line is good enough to where we don't need to send a blitz to get pressure. Wofford will control the LOS this game i think.

I have a feeling you might be mistaken. We thought our d-line would get pressure and we did. However, Riddle would scramble just enough to get the throw off. And if you rush too wide, he will go right up the middle. You might think your d-line is that much better than ours, but I don't. Again, it will be interesting to see which approach your team takes. Good luck!!

Horseshoe App
October 18th, 2010, 06:31 PM
yes

You are going to have to eat alot of crow when we throw for over 300 against you and hang over 40 points on you. You do remember what happened last time you came to Boone? You haven't faced a team that throws the ball very well. Ohio ran over the top of you and Charleston Southern threw for a whopping 256 yards against you. Again, lets see how your stats look after you play App, UTC and Elon. Again, good luck against teams that can throw.

Saint3333
October 18th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I doubt Wofford's defensive line is better than ASU's, however the difference will be Wofford's coaches will send a LB every once in awhile to get to Riddle. Still don't understand how you don't blitz one time in 40 pass attempts.

Reign of Terrier
October 18th, 2010, 07:21 PM
I have a feeling you might be mistaken. We thought our d-line would get pressure and we did. However, Riddle would scramble just enough to get the throw off. And if you rush too wide, he will go right up the middle. You might think your d-line is that much better than ours, but I don't. Again, it will be interesting to see which approach your team takes. Good luck!!

Wofford has more sacks this year than Appxcoffeex

Reign of Terrier
October 18th, 2010, 07:26 PM
You are going to have to eat alot of crow when we throw for over 300 against you and hang over 40 points on you. You do remember what happened last time you came to Boone? You haven't faced a team that throws the ball very well. Ohio ran over the top of you and Charleston Southern threw for a whopping 256 yards against you. Again, lets see how your stats look after you play App, UTC and Elon. Again, good luck against teams that can throw.

and you will eat even more crow when you lose and don't meet any of those predictions stated above xcoffeex what does 2008 have to do with this year? (to put in perspective on how young we were defensively in 2008, about half of our current 2 deep played in that game.) Let's also put something to rest; we did not get up to play CSU (and it was their Super Bowl-see the beat Wofford shirts). We haven't played a complete game all season, and I can guarantee you that the only team on the schedule that I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get up and play our best game against would be The Citadel.

Reign of Terrier
October 18th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Remember this name people: Ameet Pall--he will cause Riddle some problems

Horseshoe App
October 18th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Wofford has more sacks this year than Appxcoffeex

Yes, one more. You are really beating the crap out of us on that one:)

Reign of Terrier
October 18th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Yes, one more. You are really beating the crap out of us on that one:)

2, and we haven't played that many pass happy teams. More pass plays=more opportunities for sacks

Reign of Terrier
October 18th, 2010, 07:32 PM
another key stat: Elon is second to last in the conference in rush defense allowing the most yards per carry (4.8) and 206 yards a game

edit: they are also second to last in total defense

theasushow
October 18th, 2010, 07:32 PM

Halloween 2008? was that the one where asu had 620 yards and 70 points? or am I thinking about a different game. if i am not mistaken asu was #2 and wofford #3 that night...............espn thought it would be an espn classic.

it wasn't.

Reign of Terrier
October 18th, 2010, 07:36 PM
I'm loling at the constant references to a game 2 years ago.....we beat Elon by 35 points 2 years ago too but that's not the reason I think we will win this weekend

Horseshoe App
October 18th, 2010, 07:37 PM
and you will eat even more crow when you lose and don't meet any of those predictions stated above xcoffeex what does 2008 have to do with this year? (to put in perspective on how young we were defensively in 2008, about half of our current 2 deep played in that game.) Let's also put something to rest; we did not get up to play CSU (and it was their Super Bowl-see the beat Wofford shirts). We haven't played a complete game all season, and I can guarantee you that the only team on the schedule that I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get up and play our best game against would be The Citadel.

Welcome to our world. The only game that we are not someone's Super Bowl is Florida. By the way, your 2008 team was good. You should have beat Montana in the playoffs that year if my memory serves me right. I respect your loyalty to your team but sometimes loyalty leads to blindness.

Horseshoe App
October 18th, 2010, 07:39 PM
2, and we haven't played that many pass happy teams. More pass plays=more opportunities for sacks

Please look at your own teams website before quoting facts. Your team has 9 and we have 8. Carry on.

Horseshoe App
October 18th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Please look at your own teams website before quoting facts. Your team has 9 and we have 8. Carry on.

I made a mistake. I was looking at interceptions. I apologize.

Reign of Terrier
October 18th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Welcome to our world. The only game that we are not someone's Super Bowl is Florida. By the way, your 2008 team was good. You should have beat Montana in the playoffs that year if my memory serves me right. I respect your loyalty to your team but sometimes loyalty leads to blindness.

says the guy whose blindness just lead to a reference fail (JMU). I've stated nothing but facts about this year's team with predictions using those facts (it's called an "inference") whereas App fans, drowning in their own pride, must make every thread about games that occured 2 years ago. How am I being blind again? By not buying your prespective, which is fed by little facts and uses nothing but references to completely different teams that played 2 years ago? epic fail:D

Reign of Terrier
October 18th, 2010, 07:44 PM
(yes I am trying to bait you) :P

theasushow
October 18th, 2010, 07:44 PM
how did riddle do last year against Wofford...I havent looked it up, i just know he torched ASU 2 weekends ago.

Reign of Terrier
October 18th, 2010, 07:46 PM
how did riddle do last year against Wofford...I havent looked it up, i just know he torched ASU 2 weekends ago.

pretty well, considering we were depleted due to injuries

Horseshoe App
October 18th, 2010, 07:46 PM
says the guy whose blindness just lead to a reference fail (JMU). I've stated nothing but facts about this year's team with predictions using those facts (it's called an "inference") whereas App fans, drowning in their own pride, must make every thread about games that occured 2 years ago. How am I being blind again? By not buying your prespective, which is fed by little facts and uses nothing but references to completely different teams that played 2 years ago? epic fail:D

Well, I would refer to last year but Wofford sucked so bad there was nothing I could compare(that is a large fact).

Horseshoe App
October 18th, 2010, 07:47 PM
(yes I am trying to bait you) :P

This is pretty fun.

Reign of Terrier
October 18th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Well, I would refer to last year but Wofford sucked so bad there was nothing I could compare(that is a large fact).

.....and? comeon Horseshoe, let's stop living in the past and start living in the now, saying my team sucked last year won't really help us infer and predict about Saturday or any game this season

theasushow
October 18th, 2010, 07:49 PM

excuse ASU fans for having a little pride, that's what happens when you win 24 straight conference games (sorry didnt mean to break your 2 year rule, but asu hasnt lost a conference game in well over 2 years), are 6-0 on the season, number 1 in 2 of the polls....and have done all this without a 2 time payton award winning quarterback. i'm pretty sure if Wofford was in the same situation they too would feel confident about upcoming games.

Horseshoe App
October 18th, 2010, 07:52 PM
.....and? comeon Horseshoe, let's stop living in the past and start living in the now, saying my team sucked last year won't really help us infer and predict about Saturday or any game this season

All this started by you saying you would pressure Riddle by not blitzing. I do not think that is true. I gave you a logical explanation that is supported by performances this year and you disagreed with me. I choose to disagree with you. It is just a lively debate where we will never agree. But it is fun:)

Reign of Terrier
October 18th, 2010, 07:54 PM
excuse ASU fans for having a little pride, that's what happens when you win 24 straight conference games (sorry didnt mean to break your 2 year rule, but asu hasnt lost a conference game in well over 2 years), are 6-0 on the season, number 1 in 2 of the polls....and have done all this without a 2 time payton award winning quarterback. i'm pretty sure if Wofford was in the same situation they too would feel confident about upcoming games.

red= do you want to live off tradition or add to it?
green=polls and records mean nothing until the selection show
purple= so? every team starting 6-0 in the history of FCS has done that
blue= I can't say until we get there

theasushow
October 18th, 2010, 07:55 PM
All this started by you saying you would pressure Riddle by not blitzing. I do not think that is true. I gave you a logical explanation that is supported by performances this year and you disagreed with me. I choose to disagree with you. It is just a lively debate where we will never agree. But it is fun:)

you gotta remember...ASU has sat here for the past 24 socon games and listened to every reason in the world why they WONT win the upcoming game....just say "they can settle it on the field..." it has worked well lately.

Reign of Terrier
October 18th, 2010, 07:56 PM

I never said we wouldn't blitz, rather we would not need to blitz to get pressure. we most certainly will blitz. Ameet Pall is a defensive end who leads the conference in sacks, he is a defensive end, no blitz neccesary.

theasushow
October 18th, 2010, 07:58 PM
red= do you want to live off tradition or add to it?
green=polls and records mean nothing until the selection show
purple= so? every team starting 6-0 in the history of FCS has done that
blue= I can't say until we get there

you know what...you are absolutely right, records "mean nothing" to do with rather or not a team is selected for the playoffs. i stand corrected.

Horseshoe App
October 18th, 2010, 07:58 PM
I never said we wouldn't blitz, rather we would not need to blitz to get pressure. we most certainly will blitz. Ameet Pall is a defensive end who leads the conference in sacks, he is a defensive end, no blitz neccesary.

Again, we will agree to disagree

Reign of Terrier
October 18th, 2010, 07:59 PM
you gotta remember...ASU has sat here for the past 24 socon games and listened to every reason in the world why they WONT win the upcoming game....just say "they can settle it on the field..." it has worked well lately.

can't disagree

Reign of Terrier
October 18th, 2010, 08:00 PM
you know what...you are absolutely right, records "mean nothing" to do with rather or not a team is selected for the playoffs. i stand corrected.

I think you misunderstood what I said....

a 1-7 team can beat a 7-1 team, a team's W-L column does not contribute to how the game is played

theasushow
October 18th, 2010, 08:02 PM
for the record I did pick Wofford to beat Elon....haha. i dont think it will matter if they get to Riddle or not, Wofford will still outscore them, riddle could have a great game and still lose.

Reign of Terrier
October 18th, 2010, 08:04 PM
for the record I did pick Wofford to beat Elon....haha. i dont think it will matter if they get to Riddle or not, Wofford will still outscore them, riddle could have a great game and still lose.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did, I just don't think this is the same Wofford defense that the rest of the conference has come to know and love and doubt he will pass for 300+ yards

apaladin
October 18th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Why don't y'all exchange email addresses or phone numbers? Would rather see more predicitions.

KiddBrewer
October 18th, 2010, 09:06 PM
I think you misunderstood what I said....

a 1-7 team can beat a 7-1 team, a team's W-L column does not contribute to how the game is played

i could get a hit off of roy halladay.

i could tackle chris johnson.

i could score on lebron james.

i could so forth and so on.

all of these things are 99% unlikely. technically, any of those things could happen. but, very unlikely. sure, technically the numbers themselves don't mean anything what so ever, but the aspects of the teams in question which those numbers represent can, and more than likely will contribute to the outcome of the game (and the way the game is played).

also, the only true way that the record of a team 1-7 is not important to a team that that is 7-1, and visa versa, would be if neither of the said teams knew the record of their opponent. the 1-7 team will go into, and play differently against a team they know has performed decidedly better than them. likewise, a team that is 7-1 will have a different mindset both before and during a game vs. a team they already know they have significantly outperformed throughout the season.

i can not disagree that it is possible for a 1-7 team to beat a 7-1 team, but i think if that were to happen, the influence of the win-loss column and the mindset that it establishes in the players and coaches of both teams (example: 7-1 team=we don't have to play hard this week; 1-7 team= what do we have to lose?!) will have as much or more of an influence on the game as anything else...xcoffeex

ThompsonThe
October 19th, 2010, 02:14 AM
Your team was on crutches last year. Don't think that they sucked, just couldn't play with 5th string players.
Your guys better watch your good players ankles on late "hits" against fElon.
Your team will have to upset us or you may be "Woffordized" by the NCAA again. Hanging the NCAA (actually the CAA) in effigy just doesn't have the same satisfaction.
We bring up that huge Halloween win against the Terriers,(#2 -vs- #3, two years ago) because even our student newspaper predicted that we would lose to you. Plus have thoughts of Armanti Edwards making that 65 or 70 yard pass to Quick at the front of the end zone for a touchdown. (Thought of that at the Panthers game last Sunday quite a bit watching Clausen's feeble passing attempts.)

elon77
October 19th, 2010, 07:31 AM
For all you Woffy fans that don't think Riddle will put some yards and points on you.xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxx lolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx. The question is, will Elon's defense slow you down enough to give them a chance to win.xconfusedx

OL FU
October 19th, 2010, 08:22 AM
I don't think I picked, sooooo.....

Wofford
GSU
Furman

Wofford and Furman winning by a little.
GSU by 2 to 3 touchdowns.

And I see I forgot ASU and WCU. Guess I didn't think there was any point

ashram
October 19th, 2010, 08:23 AM
This turned into a really annoying thread. Is there any way Wofford and Elon could both lose?

Ivytalk
October 19th, 2010, 08:42 AM
App State
Wofford
Furman
GSU

elon77
October 19th, 2010, 08:50 AM
This turned into a really annoying thread. Is there any way Wofford and Elon could both lose?

Yes it is, the next week, unless Wofford has a bye week.

OLDMAIN80
October 19th, 2010, 08:52 AM
I would agree with you but then we would both be wrong.
xcoffeex

Reign of Terrier
October 19th, 2010, 06:15 PM
For all you Woffy fans that don't think Riddle will put some yards and points on you.xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxx lolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx. The question is, will Elon's defense slow you down enough to give them a chance to win.xconfusedx
I predict we will hold Elon to under 300 yards passing. Not a far fetched prediction because we did in 2008 with an inferior defense (the same defense that App fans will remind you got destroyed by AE blah blah blah)
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=282992210
now granted I'm kind of breaking my own rules by citing a game that happened 2 years ago...however I believe this defense is better than it was 2 years ago

Saint3333
October 19th, 2010, 06:37 PM
I predict we will hold Elon to under 300 yards passing. Not a far fetched prediction because we did in 2008 with an inferior defense (the same defense that App fans will remind you got destroyed by AE blah blah blah)
now granted I'm kind of breaking my own rules by citing a game that happened 2 years ago...however I believe this defense is better than it was 2 years ago

Don't step too far out on the limb, that was the worst secondary I've seen in the SoCon (other than some of WCU's) in a long time.

PhoenixMan
October 20th, 2010, 07:43 AM

Woffy might very well hold Riddle to under 300 yds. passing. Or, he could throw for 400, and still lose the game. This game isn't about what Riddle does so much as it is about our very young D stopping Wofford at least occassionally. Comparing to 2008....Riddle is a better QB than he was then (Hudgins or not). I think Appy fans would attest to that, as he had not only the best game he has had against App a few weeks ago (and still lost), but the best I have seen him have at Elon. And, I have pretty near seen them all.

PaladinFan
October 20th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Don't step too far out on the limb, that was the worst secondary I've seen in the SoCon (other than some of WCU's) in a long time.

My standard is Elon's 2002 unit. Ike West had something around 3 catches for 175 yards and three touchdowns in the first quarter of our game against them. You gotta be pretty bad to top that statline.

asknoquarter21
October 20th, 2010, 12:02 PM

One week later.....
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=283052026

My standard is Elon's 2002 unit. Ike West had something around 3 catches for 175 yards and three touchdowns in the first quarter of our game against them. You gotta be pretty bad to top that statline.

Brian Quick 4 rec 172 yrds 3 TDs

Not far off those numbers, but I'm sure Wofford wasn't as bad as that 2002 Elon D

PaladinFan
October 20th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Brian Quick 4 rec 172 yrds 3 TDs

Not far off those numbers, but I'm sure Wofford wasn't as bad as that 2002 Elon D

Just went back and looked. Ike West had 3 receptions for 160 yards and 3 touchdowns. Billy Napier was 8-10 for 237 yards, 4 touchdowns, and a passer rating of 411.08. Hard to top that for defensive inefficiency.

Of course, that was a Furman team coming off a national championship appearance and an Elon team just making the jump into the SoCon. Elon's a lot better now and Furman's not near where they were.

SpeedkingATL
October 20th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Hate to break the train of though but thought I might post some predictions for this weeks SoCon games.

ASU @ WCU - Don't want to be over confident but would expect the second and third teamers in early in the 4th for ASU.

Wofford @ Elon - Elon will move the ball with Riddle but don't see them stopping the Ankle Biters. Still it could be a close game in a shoot out.

UTC @ Furman - UTC appears to be on a better roll that Furple currently. I don't see Furman's defense slowing Coleman and company down too much. Maybe the best game in the SoCon this week.

GSU @ The Citadel - This game could be ugly as Citdogs got less than 200 yards against ASU and I expect GaSo's defense to play the option better than the Apps. This one could get real ugly for the Citdogs. GaSo rolls big.

yosef1969
October 20th, 2010, 09:24 PM
ASU over WCU - b/c ASU is the better team
GSU over El Cid - b/c GSU is the better Triple Option team
UTC over Furman - b/c UTC is the slightly better team at the moment
Elon over Wofford - b/c that's what I want to happen

T-Dog
October 20th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I have no idea why people seem to think App fans are annoying. No idea at all. xcoffeex

Reign of Terrier
October 21st, 2010, 06:18 AM
xlolx that sir is hilarious. I want Furman to beat Chatty, however I don't have the stones to pick them. here's to youxthumbsupx

PhoenixPhan06
October 21st, 2010, 08:03 AM
ASU over WCU - b/c ASU is the better team
GSU over El Cid - b/c GSU is the better Triple Option team
UTC over Furman - b/c UTC is the slightly better team at the moment

I think with a likely packed house for homecoming, the game should be pretty close. We're tired of losing ball games and we're playing with our backs against the wall in every game. Riddle will be our key, but if our D steps up and causes a few TO's then it should make for an interesting game.

PaladinFan
October 21st, 2010, 09:52 AM
xlolx that sir is hilarious. I want Furman to beat Chatty, however I don't have the stones to pick them. here's to youxthumbsupx

Hard to believe Furman's the underdog at home against a team we've beaten 16 straight years.

UCMoc
October 21st, 2010, 09:54 AM
Hard to believe Furman's the underdog at home against a team we've beaten 16 straight years.
It's even harder to believe that rational adults think that what happened in the past dictates what will happen in the future.

PaladinFan
October 21st, 2010, 11:02 AM
It's even harder to believe that rational adults think that what happened in the past dictates what will happen in the future.

Of course nothing in the past dictates the future, at least with respect to football. I, for one, wouldn't be shocked to see Furman lose this game. However, I've been expecting UTC to finally beat us going on about four years now. For whatever reason, pigs don't fly, Furman can't win in Boone, the great GSU teams of the 2000s could beat everyone but Wofford, and UTC can't keep the Paladins out of the endzone (73 points the past two seasons). In fact, you have to go back to 1995 to find the last time UTC held Furman under 28 points.

So no, that and a dime doesn't buy me a thing. However, I've seen enough late game meltdowns in Boone to know that sometimes bad juju just exists for whatever reason. I was just suprised that so many have Furman as the underdog, especially at home. Personally, I'm expecting a great game with scoring in the mid20s and one team winning by less than a touchdown. I'll let the players decide which team that will be.

UCMoc
October 21st, 2010, 11:17 AM
Personally, I'm expecting a great game with scoring in the mid20s and one team winning by less than a touchdown. I'll let the players decide which team that will be.

That we can agree on.

I am not so blindly optimisitic that I think the program is completely turned around and all past demons are gone. I do believe that Coach Huesman has changed the mindset of this team enough that they feel pressure based on previous records. I think the domination of Chattanooga's program by Furman over the last 15 years is a non issue. The Mocs of old struggled to beat anybody on a consistent basis, these guys are convinced that they should win every game regardless of what happened in the past.

Good luck (but not too much) to you guys.

Aho_Old_Guy
October 21st, 2010, 11:51 AM
xlolx ...bad juju... xlolx

Fire off a few bucks to Christine O'Donnell, and maybe she has a few solutions for that.

I'm twisted on The Snakes @ The Vermin. I'd like to see the Mocs break the streak but don't want to catch FU on the rebound next week.

PaladinFan
October 21st, 2010, 12:28 PM
xlolx ...bad juju... xlolx

Fire off a few bucks to Christine O'Donnell, and maybe she has a few solutions for that.

I'm twisted on The Snakes @ The Vermin. I'd like to see the Mocs break the streak but don't want to catch FU on the rebound next week.

Need to put a call into Pedro Cerrano.

Furman may or may not have turned their season at halftime against Samford. The team came out with a fire in their belly most of us haven't seen on defense in years. I imagine people that come watch the UTC/Furman game will get their money's worth. Both the Paladins and Mocs know that this is the lynchpin game for playoff-making.

SouthernEagle02
October 21st, 2010, 07:04 PM
App St. (6-0, 4-0) at Western Carolina (2-5, 1-3)
Let the battle for the “King of the Mountainfolk” jug commence. App heads down the long two lane state highway to colorful Collowhee for jug fest ’10. In the Mountaineers victory over The Citadel, App managed to run a fairly balanced offense that saw DeAndre Presley account for 241 of the Mountaineers 396 total offensive yards. Oh yeah, he also threw for 5 touchdowns. The Mountaineer defense did a good job keeping the Bulldog option in check, holding them under 200 total offensive yards and forcing two fumbles. Unfortunately for the Catamounts, victory was snatched away from them yet again...before halftime. All joking aside, the Western defense struggled against a strong Wofford option that posted over 500 yards offense. And the Cat offense didn’t help the cause as they coughed up the ball 4 times while the Cat’s QB’s tossed 3 interceptions. In all honesty, App has this game in the bag. I know they say anything can happen on “Any Given Saturday” but I don’t see it happening this Saturday. The Mountaineers win and the “King of the Mountainfolk” jug remains in Boone.
App St. 54 Western Carolina 14
****Is there any illegal booze in said jug? If so, can someone bring a small bottle to Statesboro on the 6th? I’ve run out. Thanks. SE02****

Wofford (5-1, 3-0) at Elon (2-4, 1-2)
After dispensing of the ferocious Catamounts last week, 45-14, Wofford makes the short trip on I-85 to Elon. In the victory, the Terrier offense nearly posted 600 total offensive yards with Mitch Allen, Eric Breitenstein, & Donovan Johnson each rushing for over 100 yards. The Terrier defense kept Western in check, by forcing 4 fumbles and intercepting 3 passes. Elon enjoyed a week off after a tough loss to App St. 34-31 in week 6. Both teams were pretty even on offense, but it could've been a missed coaching call that cost Elon the upset. This should been an interesting match up as it puts the #2 total offense (Elon) against the #3 (Wofford) total offense. The difference maker will be Wofford’s #1 defense. Wofford is #4 against the run and #2 against the pass, so I think Elon will have a tough time finding points.
Wofford 35 Elon 17

Chattanooga (4-2, 3-1) at Furman (4-2, 2-1)
After playing a terrific 2nd half and defeating Ga. Southern 35-27, the Mocs head to Greenville to face the fourth place Paladins. In the victory over the Eagles, BJ Coleman led the way on offense by throwing for 159 yards and 2 touchdowns while Keon Williams rushed for 90. While some had pegged Furman for an upset, they were having nothing of it. Furman basically owned Samford for most of the game. Considering after Samford’s lone touchdown at the end of the first, the Paladin defense ended the Bulldogs drives like so: punt, interception, punt, punt, downs, fumble, downs. The Mocs are the surprise team this year in the SoCon, while Furman is yet again middle of the pack. Chattanooga is bringing the #3 defense to face the #7 offense. Mocs roll in this one...but it will take extra innings.
Chattanooga 31 Furman 28 OT

Georgia Southern (3-3, 1-2) at The Citadel (2-5, 0-4)
After collapsing in the second half against Chattanooga and deservedly getting beat, the Eagles try to re-bound as they make the hour trip east to Charleston. This game was the tale of two half’s. While the Eagles when into to the half with a 20-14 lead, the must’ve gone straight the busses as they were outscored by 14 in the second half. True the Eagles managed close to 400 offensive yards, but they negated that with the 2 turnovers and the punt in their second half drives. The Bulldogs look to rebound as well, having been easily defeated by the Mountaineer 39-10. This wasn’t a pretty game for the Citadel, as the Bulldog option was held to under 200 total offense yards and coughed up the ball twice. And perhaps the 5 penalties had something to do with it as well. This is a dangerous game for the Eagles as The Citadel always plays them tough. Add to it that the Bulldogs are still in search of their first conference win in 2010 and the Eagles could very well be 0-3 since the bye at the end of this one. However, seeing as Ga. Southern still fields the #2 defense while The Citadel the #8 offense, and knowing that Ga. Southern practices against the option every day, I’ll have to cautiously pick the Eagles in this one.
Ga. Southern 42 Citadel 24

KiddBrewer
October 21st, 2010, 07:34 PM
Of course nothing in the past dictates the future, at least with respect to football. I, for one, wouldn't be shocked to see Furman lose this game. However, I've been expecting UTC to finally beat us going on about four years now. For whatever reason, pigs don't fly, Furman can't win in Boone, the great GSU teams of the 2000s could beat everyone but Wofford, and UTC can't keep the Paladins out of the endzone (73 points the past two seasons). In fact, you have to go back to 1995 to find the last time UTC held Furman under 28 points.

So no, that and a dime doesn't buy me a thing. However, I've seen enough late game meltdowns in Boone to know that sometimes bad juju just exists for whatever reason. I was just suprised that so many have Furman as the underdog, especially at home. Personally, I'm expecting a great game with scoring in the mid20s and one team winning by less than a touchdown. I'll let the players decide which team that will be.

don't feel too bad, no team in the entire state of north carolina that's played there could either...well atleast since 1984

"... the last time ASU fell to an in-state foe at home was a 34-7 loss to Western Carolina on Oct. 6, 1984 at then-Conrad Stadium ..."

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=104458&SPID=12811&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=205009255
xnodxxrotatehxxnodxxrotatehxxnodx

yosef1969
October 21st, 2010, 07:52 PM

No hate for WC just a practical want. A loss for Woffy is a good thing for ASU. Provides a cushion if things were to go awry in Statesboro.

Reign of Terrier
October 21st, 2010, 09:33 PM
No hate for WC just a practical want. A loss for Woffy is a good thing for ASU. Provides a cushion if things were to go awry in Statesboro.

wouldn't the worst case scenario be Wofford winning out but losing to Chatty, resulting in a 3-way tie for first? wouldn't the autobid Go to Wofford because they would have a better record than Chatty, and they beat App? Now that I've typed that, it wouldn't be bad....y'all would be like second (but 3 way ties count as a conference championship either way).

Reign of Terrier
October 21st, 2010, 09:33 PM
App St. (6-0, 4-0) at Western Carolina (2-5, 1-3)
Let the battle for the “King of the Mountainfolk” jug commence. App heads down the long two lane state highway to colorful Collowhee for jug fest ’10. In the Mountaineers victory over The Citadel, App managed to run a fairly balanced offense that saw DeAndre Presley account for 241 of the Mountaineers 396 total offensive yards. Oh yeah, he also threw for 5 touchdowns. The Mountaineer defense did a good job keeping the Bulldog option in check, holding them under 200 total offensive yards and forcing two fumbles. Unfortunately for the Catamounts, victory was snatched away from them yet again...before halftime. All joking aside, the Western defense struggled against a strong Wofford option that posted over 500 yards offense. And the Cat offense didn’t help the cause as they coughed up the ball 4 times while the Cat’s QB’s tossed 3 interceptions. In all honesty, App has this game in the bag. I know they say anything can happen on “Any Given Saturday” but I don’t see it happening this Saturday. The Mountaineers win and the “King of the Mountainfolk” jug remains in Boone.
App St. 54 Western Carolina 14
****Is there any illegal booze in said jug? If so, can someone bring a small bottle to Statesboro on the 6th? I’ve run out. Thanks. SE02****

Wofford (5-1, 3-0) at Elon (2-4, 1-2)
After dispensing of the ferocious Catamounts last week, 45-14, Wofford makes the short trip on I-85 to Elon. In the victory, the Terrier offense nearly posted 600 total offensive yards with Mitch Allen, Eric Breitenstein, & Donovan Johnson each rushing for over 100 yards. The Terrier defense kept Western in check, by forcing 4 fumbles and intercepting 3 passes. Elon enjoyed a week off after a tough loss to App St. 34-31 in week 6. Both teams were pretty even on offense, but it could've been a missed coaching call that cost Elon the upset. This should been an interesting match up as it puts the #2 total offense (Elon) against the #3 (Wofford) total offense. The difference maker will be Wofford’s #1 defense. Wofford is #4 against the run and #2 against the pass, so I think Elon will have a tough time finding points.
Wofford 35 Elon 17

Chattanooga (4-2, 3-1) at Furman (4-2, 2-1)
After playing a terrific 2nd half and defeating Ga. Southern 35-27, the Mocs head to Greenville to face the fourth place Paladins. In the victory over the Eagles, BJ Coleman led the way on offense by throwing for 159 yards and 2 touchdowns while Keon Williams rushed for 90. While some had pegged Furman for an upset, they were having nothing of it. Furman basically owned Samford for most of the game. Considering after Samford’s lone touchdown at the end of the first, the Paladin defense ended the Bulldogs drives like so: punt, interception, punt, punt, downs, fumble, downs. The Mocs are the surprise team this year in the SoCon, while Furman is yet again middle of the pack. Chattanooga is bringing the #3 defense to face the #7 offense. Mocs roll in this one...but it will take extra innings.
Chattanooga 31 Furman 28 OT

Georgia Southern (3-3, 1-2) at The Citadel (2-5, 0-4)
After collapsing in the second half against Chattanooga and deservedly getting beat, the Eagles try to re-bound as they make the hour trip east to Charleston. This game was the tale of two half’s. While the Eagles when into to the half with a 20-14 lead, the must’ve gone straight the busses as they were outscored by 14 in the second half. True the Eagles managed close to 400 offensive yards, but they negated that with the 2 turnovers and the punt in their second half drives. The Bulldogs look to rebound as well, having been easily defeated by the Mountaineer 39-10. This wasn’t a pretty game for the Citadel, as the Bulldog option was held to under 200 total offense yards and coughed up the ball twice. And perhaps the 5 penalties had something to do with it as well. This is a dangerous game for the Eagles as The Citadel always plays them tough. Add to it that the Bulldogs are still in search of their first conference win in 2010 and the Eagles could very well be 0-3 since the bye at the end of this one. However, seeing as Ga. Southern still fields the #2 defense while The Citadel the #8 offense, and knowing that Ga. Southern practices against the option every day, I’ll have to cautiously pick the Eagles in this one.
Ga. Southern 42 Citadel 24

this guy has it right

PaladinFan
October 22nd, 2010, 07:19 AM
don't feel too bad, no team in the entire state of north carolina that's played there could either...well atleast since 1984

"... the last time ASU fell to an in-state foe at home was a 34-7 loss to Western Carolina on Oct. 6, 1984 at then-Conrad Stadium ..."

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=104458&SPID=12811&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=205009255
xnodxxrotatehxxnodxxrotatehxxnodx

I take solace in the fact that App State has a winning record against every conference team but one :)

I may be wrong, but I actually think Furman still has a winning record in Boone, and if they don't, it's right around .500. It's just been a bear the past few times we've been up there.

Aho_Old_Guy
October 22nd, 2010, 07:27 AM
Need to put a call into Pedro Cerrano.

Furman may or may not have turned their season at halftime against Samford. The team came out with a fire in their belly most of us haven't seen on defense in years. I imagine people that come watch the UTC/Furman game will get their money's worth. Both the Paladins and Mocs know that this is the lynchpin game for playoff-making.

What impresses me most about Chatty is their offensive versatility. Appalachian had some good mojo working to get out of Finley alive with a win. They were 4:3 pass/run against the Hillbillies.

Last week they were 2:1 run/pass. Huesman played it smart and kept the ball away from GSU.

Hopefully, yer guys can step up and make a run. Just be kind to the heathen Mountaineers.

biggie
October 22nd, 2010, 07:39 AM
wouldn't the worst case scenario be Wofford winning out but losing to Chatty, resulting in a 3-way tie for first? wouldn't the autobid Go to Wofford because they would have a better record than Chatty, and they beat App? Now that I've typed that, it wouldn't be bad....y'all would be like second (but 3 way ties count as a conference championship either way).
Three way tie = a coin flip for the AQ if I remember correctly from a few years ago.

PaladinFan
October 22nd, 2010, 11:10 AM
What impresses me most about Chatty is their offensive versatility. Appalachian had some good mojo working to get out of Finley alive with a win. They were 4:3 pass/run against the Hillbillies.

Last week they were 2:1 run/pass. Huesman played it smart and kept the ball away from GSU.

Hopefully, yer guys can step up and make a run. Just be kind to the heathen Mountaineers.

I imagine UTC is going to have to run the ball to beat us. Furman has been weak against run, but lights out against the pass.

Much will ride on the Paladin offense. If they can click, I like our chances with an opportunistic defense that likes to create turnovers. Can't start having three and outs, though. Will be a long afternoon.

Rekdiver
October 22nd, 2010, 12:38 PM
Anxious to see if Elon shows some pride or has given up. Elon by 6.
ASU covers the spread and wins
Chatty is on a mission to see ASU again Furple loses at homecoming
I felt sorry for El Cid last week, just outmanned. See nothing to change that this week. GSU by 17.

PhoenixMan
October 22nd, 2010, 03:39 PM

There is A LOT of football left to be played before any thoughts of a 3 way tie. Someone has to beat App st. first, and 24 in a row is tough.

Reign of Terrier
October 22nd, 2010, 04:32 PM
There is A LOT of football left to be played before any thoughts of a 3 way tie. Someone has to beat App st. first, and 24 in a row is tough.

I'm dealing with hypotheticals right now, but if App, Wofford, and Chatty win the next 2 weeks we are on a collision course with a 3 way tie

Reign of Terrier
October 22nd, 2010, 04:33 PM
Three way tie = a coin flip for the AQ if I remember correctly from a few years ago.

interesting....I like my way better:p

PhoenixMan
October 22nd, 2010, 04:49 PM
I'm dealing with hypotheticals right now, but if App, Wofford, and Chatty win the next 2 weeks we are on a collision course with a 3 way tie

You are correct. Now, how about if App St. and Wofford lose this week? Yes, I like that scenario a lot better.

theasushow
October 22nd, 2010, 05:26 PM
I'm dealing with hypotheticals right now, but if App wins the rest of their games this season then they will be the 2010 National Champions. Or would it be the 2011 National Champions?

chattanoogamocs
October 22nd, 2010, 07:27 PM
I'm dealing with hypotheticals right now, but if App wins the rest of their games this season then they will be the 2010 National Champions. Or would it be the 2011 National Champions?

(even though the championship game itself takes place in 2011, it represents the 2010 season)

Reign of Terrier
October 22nd, 2010, 08:07 PM

let me do the math.....yep that's right :/ but the same can be said of Wofford, Chatty, and maybe even Georgia Southern

Aho_Old_Guy
October 22nd, 2010, 08:09 PM
let me do the math.....yep that's right :/ but the same can be said of Wofford, Chatty, and maybe even Georgia Southern

+ The Vermin

I'm sure they would love to see you in Round 2.

Reign of Terrier
October 22nd, 2010, 08:14 PM
+ The Vermin

I'm sure they would love to see you in Round 2.

as would we

Saint3333
October 23rd, 2010, 07:30 AM
I've never heard the Wofford fans crowing this much mid-season.

Aho_Old_Guy
October 23rd, 2010, 09:26 AM
I've never heard the Wofford fans crowing this much mid-season.

They went on quite a downer last year so I imagine there is a great deal of pent-up enthusiasm. Let's hope they have some fun and enjoy their moment in the Sun.

Things may well come crashing down on them (as early as today :p ), and they always have Nov 13th to get 'em further psyched-up in a frothing rabid Terri-Lather.