PDA

View Full Version : URI @ Delaware aftermath

BlueHenSinfonian
October 16th, 2010, 06:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the game? It wasn't the all out domination of the Rams that many of us were expecting, but there were a lot of good things going on for UD.

Devlin was throwing some great passes, and his completion percentage is getting back to where it should be. Rhody seemed to be able to stop our run game a bit better than some others have, but we still put up good numbers.

The special teams almost lost Delaware the game, but thankfully the defense was able to stimey most of Rhody's drives, and our offense was able to pretty effectively move the ball. All I can say is that I'm glad we had our half-assed concentration game this week, and not against UMass, W&M, or 'Nova.

umassfan
October 16th, 2010, 06:47 PM
You can prob half-*** the game vs UMass and still get the W. We look like a lost team after the Mich game. This is 2009 all over again. Wouldnt be shocked to see us finish the year going 1-5 in our last 6 games.

asknoquarter21
October 16th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Just when I thought the poll couldn't get any harder the CAA goes and messes everything up!

BlueHenSinfonian
October 16th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Just when I thought the poll couldn't get any harder the CAA goes and messes everything up!

I'm trying to decide whether our performance was awesome, in that the O and D were able to recover from some spectacular moments of failure served up by the special teams, as well as work through some pretty iffy penalties like the holding call that took us back from the 1 yard line, or if the performance in this game should make me worried about our future games.

I'm going with the former right now, Devlin looked good, the D looked pretty good, and the special teams performance wasn't in line with what UD has done thus far this season. I think there were some slipups all around, and overall UD didn't play like they could have, but did come away with the W, which is what matters in the end. It's likely the team is a bit tired and fatigued, and there is still the trip to W&M next week. I believe UD has one of the latest, if not the latest, bye weeks in the FCS this year, so let's just hope the focus can come back for that game before the Hens have a week off to relax a bit.

Oldhen
October 16th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Unimpressed.

There's an old adage that football teams never stand still... they're either getting better or they're getting worse. We're not getting better.

Keeler better have an AMAZING week of practice before going on the road again. Lots of folks were 100% sure UD would play well today after looking very sloppy and leaving 14-21 points on the field against Maine. That sure as hell didn't happen. The WR's played much better, but we REPEATEDLY made drive-killing mistakes, and tacked like a high school team for the second week in a row. Our pass rush is nonexistent from the front four. Our OL had their worst game of the year, allowing critical TFL's and sacks when the game was on the line.

Positives? We've managed to weather some injuries today, which is our first real taste of them. The D came up with some big plays to offset their struggles on down-to-down defense against a lackluster URI offense.

I think this UD team has huge potential, but the past two games have gone out to very easy early leads and then crapped the bed. I think its mostly poor focus on teams seen as 'cupcakes' and its a largely coaching issue. Gotta be fixed.

MR. CHICKEN
October 16th, 2010, 11:30 PM
WE'RE PLAYIN' DOWN....BAD REFS....WERE WE LOOKIN' TA WILLIAMSBURG??....+ SIDE...CROSBY'S BACK...&...CROWD..GOT INTA FORFF Q....AWK!!

SideLine Shooter
October 17th, 2010, 08:23 AM
xeyebrowxxoopsxxlolx

NovaHater
October 17th, 2010, 09:34 AM
AFTERMATH ?

The aftermath is your 7-0, in the CAA or any league you take a win no matter how ugly you thought your team played.
We all want to see our team play flawless football but we know you can't expect these kids to do so week after week, especially with that Top 10 bullseye on their back.

Ask Montana ST, SC St, UMASS or JMU about the aftermath, they'd gladly take UD's result.

UNH Fanboi
October 17th, 2010, 09:37 AM
URI is not the automatic win that there were that past several years. They could actually end up with 3 or even 4 CAA wins.

Saint3333
October 17th, 2010, 12:20 PM
URI is not the automatic win that there were that past several years. They could actually end up with 3 or even 4 CAA wins.

Let's review URI's OOC results:

Buffalo - L - 31-0 - a below average FBS program
Fordham - L - 25-27 - Fordam is 2-6 with a lose to Assumption (who is that)
Brown - W - 27-24 in OT - Brown is 3-2 only wins vs. Ivies

Let's not pretend URI is a good team because UNH and UD struggled with them.

UNH Fanboi
October 17th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Let's review URI's OOC results:

Buffalo - L - 31-0 - a below average FBS program
Fordham - L - 25-27 - Fordam is 2-6 with a lose to Assumption (who is that)
Brown - W - 27-24 in OT - Brown is 3-2 only wins vs. Ivies

Let's not pretend URI is a good team because UNH and UD struggled with them.

I never said they were good. They're just not as bad as they were in the past. They will have a good chance of getting wins against Towson, Maine and possibly even Richmond.

NHwildEcat
October 17th, 2010, 01:34 PM
A win in conference is a good thing no matter what the final score IMO. I know all of us UNH fans are wishing we could have played ugly and beaten URI...and also not lost a lead to Maine. You take those two games...games we should have won based on how they were played and we would be 6-1 and a top 5 team...instead we are 4-3 and are still against the ropes and as of right now on the outside looking in...

I would have taken any kind of win against URI and Delaware's players and coaches are going to as well...they are still sitting as a seed so things can't be all bad.