PDA

View Full Version : LEHIGH 21 HARVARD 19!!

ngineer
October 16th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Lehigh roared back from a 17-0 deficit at halftime to beat the Crimson 21-19. Lum throws for 285 yards and 3 TDs, after only 75 yards at half. Defense was tremendous with Punter Alex Smith pinnng Harvard back all day. What a great win for the Mountain Hawks and really sets the table for the rest of the year.

ngineer
October 16th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I see one of m bretheran beat me by a minute...MOD, can we merge these?

LEHIGH61
October 16th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Merge EM' BABY!

ngineer
October 16th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Unofficially, Lum was 19 for 34 for 299 yards, two TDs and one INT. Soph. Ryan Spadola had a 'career day' with 14 receptions for 206 yards and 2 TDs. Other TD was with Wickware (TE) on the receiving end of a play-action pass. Lehigh also missed two field goals. Both Harvard TDs came a couple plays after Lehigh turnover the ball deep in its own territory (one fumble, one INT). Defense really did fine overall, with only a few breakdowns. Harvard's second TD was on a pass play with someone blowing coverage leading a wide open receiver in the endzone.

So far, Colgate has clobbered Cornell, and Holy Cross is leading Dartmouth. Fordham lost by one point to Yale, so the PL is acquitting itself much better this week.

heath
October 16th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Nice win,now take care of business in the last 5.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 16th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Hopefully this win can create some interest again for LU football in the Lehigh Valley. Maybe the local press helps LU out this week leading up to Bucknell. I'd like to see 8k next week at Goodman assuming the weather is nice. A win against the Bison will setup the biggest non Lafayette game in 4+ years when Colgate comes calling.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 16th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I'd like to see 8k next week at Goodman assuming the weather is nice. ..

Have we really fallen this far? We'd like to see 8K?

Seriously, homecoming is almost always a big weekend attendance-wise. My guess would be closer to 10,000.

Sader87
October 16th, 2010, 09:17 PM
No one cares about the PL...even in their home/Lehigh Valley...the league is absolutley atrocious.

Franks Tanks
October 16th, 2010, 09:29 PM
No one cares about the PL...even in their home/Lehigh Valley...the league is absolutley atrocious.

Go away.

ngineer
October 16th, 2010, 10:36 PM

How did Holy Cross do at Harvard? Oh yeah.........

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 16th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Have we really fallen this far? We'd like to see 8K?

Seriously, homecoming is almost always a big weekend attendance-wise. My guess would be closer to 10,000.

After getting 5k for Fordham last week i figured i set the bar at a reachable level. Hopefully the LV papers and news stations start to plug the team a little bit to create some interest among the locals. I believe a big game against Colgate would bring people out of the woodwork. First, they need to take care of Bucknell.

ngineer
October 16th, 2010, 11:02 PM
With good weather, I would hope we'd be around 10,000 since it's Homecoming Weekend. Bucknell is 1-0 in the PL so, despite their horrid start, it's a new beginning for everyone and they may bring a few people with a fair amount of Bison alumni in the Lehigh Valley.