PDA

View Full Version : 120 at 1:20 is a fraud - Ranking then all...

caribbeanhen
October 13th, 2010, 01:16 PM
I dont know if you guys get worked up about the national media and there little brother attitude towards FCS football, but if anyone can get this guy to admit that
some of the better FCS teams would rank highly in his" ranking them all" top 120 poll, many rep points coming your way

JMU fans - he has trouble admitting you beat VaTech
ASU fans - your win in the big house was a once in 100 year event

no respect -
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1138015&PT=4&PR=2

I am sure he would like to hear from you

jmufan999
October 13th, 2010, 03:14 PM
maybe i'm missing something, but i don't see ANY FCS teams on there. not sure that the list was really top 120 teams.... looks like the top 120 FBS teams.

and honestly, if i wasn't a JMU fan, i wouldn't care about FCS either.

Mntneer
October 13th, 2010, 03:20 PM
maybe i'm missing something, but i don't see ANY FCS teams on there. not sure that the list was really top 120 teams.... looks like the top 120 FBS teams.

and honestly, if i wasn't a JMU fan, i wouldn't care about FCS either.

It's not about caring vs not caring, it's about the fact that if you're ranking the top 120 teams you most certainly should have a number of the top FCS programs in there. To not have them simply shows your ignorance.

mcveyrl
October 13th, 2010, 03:23 PM
It's not about caring vs not caring, it's about the fact that if you're ranking the top 120 teams you most certainly should have a number of the top FCS programs in there. To not have them simply shows your ignorance.

I think the reasoning behind ranking 120 teams as opposed to 100 or 150 is this: That's how many teams are in FBS. To me, it's obvious he's ranking all the FBS teams.

jmufan999
October 13th, 2010, 03:25 PM

MY ignorance... or the writer's? if it's mine, not sure what i have to do with it.

i just don't get worked up about it, it's really not that big of a deal. FCS is NEEEEEEEEVER going to have the same respect as FBS, i realized that a long time ago and let it go. sad but true.

Mntneer
October 13th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Not yours....sorry thought that was clear.

caribbeanhen
October 13th, 2010, 05:14 PM
FCS is NEEEEEEEEVER going to have the same respect as FBS, i realized that a long time ago and let it go. sad but true.

dont expect the same respect, just some... at least he should put a caveat on his top ******120 claim, I am sorry but it irks me some....especially when you look at the teams under the 100 mark and what some of top rated FCS teams would do to them.. this guy is not a politician is he? he's a sports writer so stop with the smoke and mirrors and tell the American people the truth

aust42
October 13th, 2010, 05:21 PM
I dont know if you guys get worked up about the national media and there little brother attitude towards FCS football, but if anyone can get this guy to admit that
some of the better FCS teams would rank highly in his" ranking them all" top 120 poll, many rep points coming your way

JMU fans - he has trouble admitting you beat VaTech
ASU fans - your win in the big house was a once in 100 year event

no respect -
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1138015&PT=4&PR=2

I am sure he would like to hear from you

I believe he's just ranking 1A teams. No need to get all worked up!

caribbeanhen
October 13th, 2010, 05:41 PM
of course he's only ranking 1A teams, that's part of the point - "top 120" - it's kind of irritating, all worked up? nope

wr70beh
October 13th, 2010, 06:24 PM
I think North Alabama or Grand Valley St. (D2) could beat some of those bottom feeder FBS schools.

emilimo701
October 13th, 2010, 09:11 PM
I think the reasoning behind ranking 120 teams as opposed to 100 or 150 is this: That's how many teams are in FBS. To me, it's obvious he's ranking all the FBS teams.

somebody has half a brain (maybe more)!

emilimo701
October 13th, 2010, 09:14 PM
of course he's only ranking 1A teams, that's part of the point - "top 120" - it's kind of irritating, all worked up? nope

i think it's meant to be a joke... like saying "Massachusetts is a great state, definitely in the top 50"

note that it doesn't say "these are the best 120 collegiate football teams in America"

JSU02
October 13th, 2010, 09:58 PM
I think North Alabama or Grand Valley St. (D2) could beat some of those bottom feeder FBS schools.

Hoover (Ala.) High School could beat some of the bottom FBS schools...

jmufan999
October 13th, 2010, 10:07 PM
dont expect the same respect, just some...

i hear ya, bro... but it IS getting better, at least in my opinion. FCS teams are actually WINNING some of these matchups on a more regular basis, that will only help. i think it's improved since the App State win in the Big House. it's not drastic, but it's getting there. the only way to get more respect is to win MORE and MORE of the FCS/FBS matchups.... and i think we're on our way to doing that. i'm pretty sure there were more FCS wins this year than in past years, not positive.

and as a side note, you guys could do your part by beating, say.... Maryland instead of West Chester. not a slam at all, and i realize the history, but chip in with the rest of us!