PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's FCS Game of the Week Preview Video - Bethune-Cookman vs SCSU

FootballCEO
October 13th, 2010, 10:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkx-OoCyAJM

Good Afternoon AGS!! Make it a great week!

Klandbulldog
October 13th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Terrible....There's nothing worse when the reporter references something as a point of argument AND THEN he's wrong.... "Defensively you can't give up big plays...that's what almost beat you in week 1 against Southern" Hmmm BC-C played Edward Waters and SCCU played Ga Tech in week 1....AND neither team plays Southern... That was Del State.

Nebuta
October 13th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Umm.. This guy needs to get his facts straight. SCSU doesnt have the 1# scoring defense in all of FCS. I believe UD has played 6 games and allowed 39 pts = 6.5pts/game. I know JMU is averaging 10.4 pts/game. So, NO SCSU doesnt have the #1 scoring defense in all of FCS.
Have to admire the reporter for taking time out to shed light to the match up though. Kudos

AppIAA
October 13th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Umm.. This guy needs to get his facts straight. SCSU doesnt have the 1# scoring defense in all of FCS. I believe UD has played 6 games and allowed 39 pts = 6.5pts/game. Have to admire the reporter for taking time out to shed light to the match up though.

He doesnt say SCSU has the #1 scoring defense.. he said the number 1 overall defense.. that takes into consideration yards allowed, points scored, turnovers, etc.

blukeys
October 13th, 2010, 02:13 PM
I am a fan of SCSU. I have watched them over the years and have met their fans when they came to Dover. SCSU is consistently well coached and I see them as the best MEAC football program (they passed FAMU long ago). Delaware State needs to take notes.

I am not sure how this becomes the FCS game of the week. But if it makes the TV so be it.

Nebuta
October 13th, 2010, 02:14 PM
He doesnt say SCSU has the #1 scoring defense.. he said the number 1 overall defense.. that takes into consideration yards allowed, points scored, turnovers, etc.
Yup, the he said #1 overall defense. (taking in consideration yards allowed, points scored and turnovers) The reporter is taking yards per game. That is it.

See for yourself.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/stats/byteam?cat1=defense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2010&sort=1137

scoring defense (bend dont break) > yards per game

bigchocolate
October 14th, 2010, 03:03 AM
I am a fan of SCSU. I have watched them over the years and have met their fans when they came to Dover. SCSU is consistently well coached and I see them as the best MEAC football program (they passed FAMU long ago). Delaware State needs to take notes.

I am not sure how this becomes the FCS game of the week. But if it makes the TV so be it.

This game is for 1st place in the MEAC and it features the statistical #1 offense(BSU 50ppg and 500+ yards per game) and the #1 overall rated defense (SCSU 2 shutouts, a little over 170 ypg). This defense at SCSU has developed into a very special unit. Since GT torched them for a ton of rushing yards in game 1, the other opponents have averaged approx. 6 first down and a 100 (+- 6) yds per contest. Their #s are skewed for 2 reasons....opposing defense scoring and special teams mistakes. If my memory serves me correctly, nearly 30 of their total points allowed were not surrendered by their defense. This unit will be Okay against FCS competition...that includes CAA and Southern Conference offenses. Clean up special teams play...get better production from their young receivers and this becomes a very special season. xnodx

Crosis
October 14th, 2010, 04:47 AM
This should be a good one.

AppIAA
October 14th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Yup, the he said #1 overall defense. (taking in consideration yards allowed, points scored and turnovers) The reporter is taking yards per game. That is it.

See for yourself.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/stats/byteam?cat1=defense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2010&sort=1137

scoring defense (bend dont break) > yards per game

Still, he never said they were the best scoring defense.. no need to get your panties in a wad over it..

Nebuta
October 14th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Still, he never said they were the best scoring defense.. no need to get your panties in a wad over it.. Wasnt meant to come off that way. Guess your just sensitive. Just stating the facts.

CAAisBOSS
October 14th, 2010, 08:06 PM
i'd be surprised if bethune could put up even 300yds offense on a good defense like deleware or nova... much less their 540yd average. if scsu's defense is as legit as those other programs cookman doesnt stand a chance.

Nebuta
October 14th, 2010, 08:25 PM
i'd be surprised if bethune could put up even 300yds offense on a good defense like deleware or nova... much less their 540yd average. if scsu's defense is as legit as those other programs cookman doesnt stand a chance. Yeah I think BC would some trouble putting up over 300yards even on W&M and JMU. Will be interesting to see this match up. We will know alot about these 2 teams by late Saturday. hopefully there will be a video web link for this game.

Humble Steward
October 14th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Yeah I think BC would some trouble putting up over 300yards even on W&M and JMU. Will be interesting to see this match up. We will know alot about these 2 teams by late Saturday. hopefully there will be a video web link for this game.

LOL, thanks for the vote of confidence guys. Although everyone has a right to their own opinion. We will have to play an excellent game on the road to win this one. Good luck to my Mighty Wildcats, this one should be exciting.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 14th, 2010, 09:36 PM
This is a tough game to call. Both teams have come out strong, but against basement dwellers and sub Div-I schools. I'll give the edge on this one to SC State since it's at home, and they've been getting some pretty nice home crowds.

Nebuta
October 14th, 2010, 09:45 PM
LOL, thanks for the vote of confidence guys. Although everyone has a right to their own opinion. We will have to play an excellent game on the road to win this one. Good luck to my Mighty Wildcats, this one should be exciting. Yeah, good luck. Love to see BC come away with the win.
I am excited to get a better idea of the CAAs competition. Seperating the contenders from the pretenders.