PDA

View Full Version : Disapponited! No Cal Poly-McNeese in 2011!

DG Cowboy
October 11th, 2010, 02:12 PM
I was hoping to go to SLO in 2011 and visit my son in LA while there, but the McNeese Assistant AD says the game this year was a one-shot deal. Cal Poly and McNeese both needed a game and McNeese paid them to come whup us. It was not a redo of the home-and-home from 2008 and 2010, when the 2008 hurricane hit. That series was just cancelled. Well, maybe something will work out again.

Squealofthepig
October 11th, 2010, 02:15 PM
That bites. :( Was hoping this would happen again - always like to see good teams from good conferences taking a chance and playing each other.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Do we know McNeese's full OOC slate?

I show games against Kansas (road) and UTSA (home)... wonder if the Kansas game got caught up in the whole Big 12 scheduling situation...

DG Cowboy
October 11th, 2010, 03:29 PM
No, I don't. Coach V likes a D-II to start and one FBS a year. This year we had two FBS to help pay for the new additions to the Field House. I'm glad it is Kansas in 2011 and not K State. 2012 is Texas A&M and 2013 is Florida State, I believe. Usually, we go into the Spring before our schedule is settled. I'll ask around and post if I can find out anything else.