PDA

View Full Version : Drawing of JSU's Stadium Expansion Plans

Cocky
February 5th, 2006, 07:53 AM
http://upload2.postimage.org/marching_bands/marchingsoutherners/109612/photo_hosting.html

The expansion should put us around 20,000.

rokamortis
February 5th, 2006, 08:27 AM
That would be a great upgrade. Are these firm plans to upgrade or just preliminary drawings to help with fundraising?

Cocky
February 5th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Not 100% firm but the talks have been going on for several years. The plans now do have a time table. The lower 3 levels will be a nursing and wellness school the top 3 suites and entertainment area for the university. With the combination of academic and athletic facility the project is now growing some legs and moving along.

JaxSinfonian
February 5th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Some stars still have to align for this to happen. They're hoping for federal grant dollars to pay for the "community wellness center" in the lower three levels. The university has requested a feasibility study from Auburn-based-J.F. Smith Group. Results are expected July-ish.

A big part of the study, I assume, is testing the demand for the skyboxes. I'm very curious to see those results. These drawings will figure into that demand, I'm sure. (I think that addresses your question, rok.)

Along with the expansion plans, I'd like to see a very specific marketing plan to fill up those 20,000 seats. We cannot just rely on "if you build it, they will come."

2005 was JSU's best year for attendance since 1998, but the crowds were disappointingly small for the EKU and EIU games - both huge conference matchups. And despite a great attendance year, our biggest crowd was 14,000 for Furman. We're not exactly bursting at the seams with 15,000 seats.

rokamortis
February 5th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Good luck with it - looks awesome.

Golden Eagle
February 6th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Nice-looking stadium plans. :cool:

2005 was JSU's best year for attendance since 1998, but the crowds were disappointingly small for the EKU and EIU games - both huge conference matchups.

Just from memory - wasn't the EIU game on Auburn-Alabama weekend?

GrizFoo
February 6th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Very sweet looking stadium, and pressbox.

JSU02
February 6th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Nice-looking stadium plans. :cool:

Just from memory - wasn't the EIU game on Auburn-Alabama weekend?

Yes, and EKU was Talladega weekend. It would be nice if the OVC would throw us and Samford a bone those 2 weekends. : flamemad

OSRacer
February 6th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Awsesome looking stadium....hope it works out....

SU Jag
February 6th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Yes, and EKU was Talladega weekend. It would be nice if the OVC would throw us and Samford a bone those 2 weekends. : flamemad

Why, noone else gets it! Now back to the original topic, the new-look for Snow Stadium looks pretty nice!