PDA

View Full Version : Montana St Success Helping Push Towards Stadium Upgrade?

TexasTerror
October 10th, 2010, 06:08 PM
I have not been following the push by Montana State to get $8M for their new end zone complex. Has the success thus far this year helped improve the numbers for the Bobcats in their mission to get the total ahead of the 2011 season?

http://www.montana.edu/EZ/

Also - this will help Montana State's stadium have just 20,000 seats. Any plans for further expansion to possibly get into FBS, especially if Montana goes? Would think if Griz leave for the WAC, that Montana State will get a welcoming mat extended for when they want it.

laxVik
October 10th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Do you have an off button?

CopperCat
October 10th, 2010, 11:44 PM
We've had a winning team for the last 8 years, so the stands have been full for awhile now. Last weekend they showed some shots of the student side and the WHOLE thing was full. 15,000+ in attendance, which is full to the brim for Bobcat Stadium. The new seats will help create more atmosphere, and enhance the aethetics of the stadium. As for our recent success contributing to the stadium upgrade, they go hand in hand.

And as for following UM, that's just a conspiracy theory. If we move to the WAC it will be because MSU thinks it is to their advantage. Pete Fields (the AD) is the exact OPPOSITE of O'Day. He doesn't take any risk, and he doesn't do anything unless it is guaranteed to work. Frankly, I think we need to all just shutup for awhile about this WAC business. There's some great football being played in the state of Montana, and in the FCS.

BelgradeBobcat
October 11th, 2010, 10:52 AM
If the entire endzone expansion is completed I think it will bring us to about 17,000 seats. There are currently about 2,200 endzone seats that will be demonlished (thank goodness-they are a safety nightmare) and we'll lose some standing room only areas.

There was some speculation on Bobcatnation (including my own) that the timing of this was due to the griz's impending move to the WAC and MSU's desire to go along. Apparantly that's not the case: http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/app/msu-bobcats/?p=6702

The timing of the expansion is advantageous. We happen to be having our best fall weather in living memory, our team has been very good and is fun to watch (you should see our redshirt freshman quarterback), and there's a lot of excitement for the program. Sell outs have become the norm.