League/Overall

Colgate 1-0/3-2
Lehigh 1-0/3-2
Georgetown 2-1/3-3
Holy Cross 1-1/3-3
Bucknell 0-0/0-5
Lafayette 0-1/0-5
Fordham 0-2/3-3

*Pick ‘em includes Fordham in League standings without regard to Patriot League eligibility rules.

bulldog10jw
October 10th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Yale

Harvard

Colgate

Lafayette

Georgetown

Holy Cross

'Gate93
October 10th, 2010, 11:10 AM
YALE
HARVARD
'GATE
LAFAYETTE
G'TOWN
HC

Go 'Gate!

carney2
October 10th, 2010, 01:18 PM
That's two Lafayette over Stony Brook predictions so far. That's two people not paying attention.

Seawolf97
October 10th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Ok so I will buck the trend. We cruised over VMI yesterday with our best running back not even suited up. We allowed VMI 8 yards rushing and played ball control all afternoon. So I take SBU by 10 . Anyway should be a good game-Good Luck to Lafayette!

bulldog10jw
October 10th, 2010, 03:39 PM
That's two Lafayette over Stony Brook predictions so far. That's two people not paying attention.

I always pay attention. Just a feeling. Sometimes you go with your gut. (and sometimes your gut makes you look foolish)

carney2
October 10th, 2010, 04:26 PM
I always pay attention. Just a feeling. Sometimes you go with your gut. (and sometimes your gut makes you look foolish)

And sometimes your gut looks like mine and you really look foolish.

carney2
October 10th, 2010, 04:38 PM
A plug for the Patsy Ratings.

Fordham @ Yale
Fordham – A really difficult game to pick. The Rams continue to put up big offensive numbers, but also continue to do just enough to lose. Yale is up to the task here, but… Just playing a hunch.

Lehigh @ Harvard
Harvard – The ChickenSquawks win the games they’re supposed to win – unimpressively – and lose the games they’re supposed to lose – also unimpressively. Oh, did I say that I’m unimpressed? Harvard, on the other hand, may be the real deal.

Colgate @ Cornell
Colgate – Some in Hamilton consider this a rivalry. Most in Ithaca couldn’t care less. Hardly matters because Cornell just isn’t capable of playing with the Raiders this year. Oh yeah, a Patsy Ratings alert says that Colgate is fast approaching the point where Holy Cross and Lafayette were last year at this time: beware post-Eachus, and maybe even post-Sullivan.

Stony Brook @ Lafayette
Stony Brook – The Leopards are making a one team case for the Patsy Ratings, which have labeled Tavani’s recruiting as mediocre for the past few years. GIGO isn’t just a cute label; it can be a statement of fact. Even the Patsy Ratings however, did not predict a program that would go from a top 25 contender to the dumpster without making any stops in between. This bunch has now lost 7 in a row. Stony Brook will make it 8.

Bucknell @ Georgetown
Georgetown – Not the Toilet Bowl anymore. The Hoyas deserve to be solid favorites in this one. The Buffaloes, on the other hand, should be asking themselves if they have any wins remaining on their schedule. Oh yeah, whatever happened to that bump they expected from the coaching change?

Holy Cross @ Dartmouth
Dartmouth – The Patsy Ratings predicted a post-Randolph drop for the ‘saders. “Not so, you’ll see” said the faithful. A poll of the Patsy Committee says that the Crossers are doing a little better than expected, but this is a case of two teams whose fortunes appear headed in opposite directions.

RichH2
October 10th, 2010, 04:46 PM
I think Fordham may put together a whole game over Yale

Lehigh will have to really improve to beat Harvard, but I'll go with them anyway
Gate will crush Cornell
Pards disappointed me last week. Showed some O but no D Stony BROOK

I like Hoyas over Bisons.

HC came up with gutsy tough win but not 2 weeks in a row Dartmouth

DFW HOYA
October 10th, 2010, 05:10 PM
I think people are unnecessarily dumping on Lafayette. In a lot of ways, it's been a mistake here or there that has turned the season and not a systemic failure.

Game 1: Lafayette was approaching the Georgetown 20 for the winning score, turned it over late.
Game 2: If the Leopards hold Penn on the last drive, it has another win.
Game 3: A late hit in overtime against Princeton might have been the difference.

Would a 3-0 team have dropped its next two? Maybe, but more likely a split, and 4-1 would have been another happy fall in the Valley. By mid-October, of course, no one's particularly happy in the PL outside of the metropolitan Hamilton area.

crusader11
October 10th, 2010, 05:39 PM
I think people are unnecessarily dumping on Lafayette. In a lot of ways, it's been a mistake here or there that has turned the season and not a systemic failure.

Game 1: Lafayette was approaching the Georgetown 20 for the winning score, turned it over late.
Game 3: A late hit in overtime against Princeton might have been the difference.

Would a 3-0 team have dropped its next two? Maybe, but more likely a split, and 4-1 would have been another happy fall in the Valley. By mid-October, of course, no one's particularly happy in the PL outside of the metropolitan Hamilton area.

To quote Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

ngineer
October 10th, 2010, 06:47 PM

The observations about Lafayette may be valid, but remind me alot of Lehigh last year. A lot of 'close but no cigars' and I think it can turn into a mental thing after a bit. I've been impressed with O'Neill and Rudolph, but I think the pieces aren't fallng into place. It may also appear their line play hasn't been as stellar as in years past.

carney2
October 10th, 2010, 06:51 PM

I'm with 11 on this. I think you're woirking from long distance hearsay, DFW. Let's take a look at your laundry list of "hard luck - and add a few:

Lafayette self destructed time after time from the middle of the 2nd quarter on in the Georgetown game. At the time we attributed it to inexperience.

With a little over 4 minutes to go, Lafayette had three - count them, 3! - first downs against Penn. Despite the score it was not a competitive game.

Princeton was a legitimate close game. Princeton however, made 3rd down - and particularly 3rd and long - a gimme from the middle of the 3rd quarter on. The outcome was consistently less in doubt as the 4th quarter wore on.

Harvard was a complete meltdown and even a surrender in the second quarter.

Columbia - no defense. None.

Rethink that "not a systematic failure" comment.

Bogus Megapardus
October 10th, 2010, 06:54 PM
The observations about Lafayette may be valid, but remind me alot of Lehigh last year. A lot of 'close but no cigars' and I think it can turn into a mental thing after a bit. I've been impressed with O'Neill and Rudolph, but I think the pieces aren't fallng into place. It may also appear their line play hasn't been as stellar as in years past.

Let's be blunt here. My beloved Pards have gone from a perennial Top 25 team to FCS Laughingstock in a single year. I've seen every game and watched every replay on TV the next day. These are not your father's Leopards. They're your baby daughter's. It's flat out embarrassing.

ngineer
October 10th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Giving the home edge as the difference in this one. Will not be surprised if Rams win, but I feel they aren't complete enough to beat the Eli..Yale, 27-24

Lehigh has played Harvard tough for the past ten years and Coen needs a game to really kickstart the rest of the season. We're not expected to beat the Crimson, but Harvard has not been clicking on all cylinders either, so I'm expecting Lehigh pull out a tight one, 21-20.

Colgate will control by land and by air. Cornell my be getting better after battling Harvard well, but Raiders should win. 34-17

Stony Brook is rolling and Laughyette is reeling. If SBU jumps up early, this could get ugly. If the 'pards can hang close, they may be able to see than can steal one, but I don't think it will happen. Seawolves 31-24.

Bucknell is wandering in the wilderness. No better place to wander than in D.C. and remain lost. Hoyas 24-14.

Holy Cross will run into a Big Green that may be getting revitalized. I expect a close one, but 'saders will fall short, 28-24..

Record to date: 25-8

Lehigh Football Nation
October 10th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Not picking yet, but I have to say I'm utterly shocked that people are totally on the Big Green bandwagon after going 0-2 in their last two games. They're better than they were, but theCrusaders are coming off a gutty two game streak of their own and they might have just beaten the Ivy League champions. Momentum going into the week is CLEARLY purple.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 10th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Harvard hasn't been setting the world on fire lately either. The Crimson struggled mightily this weekend against a terrible Cornell team. On paper this game looks equal imo.

'Gate93
October 10th, 2010, 09:02 PM

I agree and think there's something about Lafayette that can give any team fits. Their record is not indicative of their talent or speed. I don't see them going 0-6 on the season...or maybe I just don't want to see it from any PL team.

And I'd say we're content in Hamilton but wish we had played better against Furman. We had 2 turnovers against a weak P'ton team so we are fallable. No PL matchup is a gimme and we have the entire slate ahead of us. Playing Lehigh on the road is no cakewalk.

'Gate93
October 10th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Not picking yet, but I have to say I'm utterly shocked that people are totally on the Big Green bandwagon after going 0-2 in their last two games. They're better than they were, but theCrusaders are coming off a gutty two game streak of their own and they might have just beaten the Ivy League champions. Momentum going into the week is CLEARLY purple.

Agreed. And if the Big Green had played Colgate as their first opponent like they have for the last 12+ years, they would be 1-3 :-)

jimbo65
October 11th, 2010, 06:04 AM
Rams butt Elis (maybe)

Crimson over Hawks

Raiders romp

Stony over Laffy

Break up the Hoyas as they win another

Purple over Green

CFBfan
October 11th, 2010, 07:32 AM

and the Hoya's are 2 plays away from being 5 - 1 (a last play score by yale and a 54 yard FG by wagner on the last play to send it to OT) HOWEVER:
"you are what your record says you are"

TheValleyRaider
October 11th, 2010, 03:35 PM
4-2 last week, up to 20-13 on the year. Much like the 'Gate, I'm starting to get into a groove

Fordham at Yale Yale Interesting game, intriguing matchup. Eli's been having a solid season to date, where close games appear to be the norm. Fordham is up and down, with the offense up and the defense down. Close games are also the norm for the Rams, but in the opposite direction. At this point, winning experience plus home field makes Yale the favorite

Lehigh at Harvard Harvard Well, we've finally reached the part of the schedule where I'm not sure what Lehigh will do next. Luckily for my picking, I have an inkling of what Harvard can do. The Crimson look strong again, and I'll take homefield as the difference, though the Hawks still have PL play to look forward to

Colgate at Cornell Colgate Far above Cayuga's waters, an improved but still weak Big Red squad faces a well-tested Raider team coming into its own. Is this a rivalry? Well, it's not Lafayette-Lehigh, but the players on both sides certainly get up for it. How else can one explain an inferior Cornell team's win in 2007? Really, the players are the only ones in Ithaca who even care that there is a football team anyway, so I figure that has to count for something. Raiders have won the last two in blowouts, and I expect the program to pick up milestone win #600 in style against Big Red

Stony Brook at Lafayette Stony Brook The Leopards have gone and sucked all the fun out of this game by opening the season...well I'm not sure they've gotten here yet. It's getting late early for Lafayette, and welcoming an improving program like Stony Brook will not help. I'm not sure the Seawolves will win in a route, but I'm just not sure this Leopard team will be able to get it done

Bucknell at Georgetown Georgetown It's not surprising, but I have little to say about a Georgetown game. It is surprising, I think, that it's all Bucknell's fault. Georgetown will look to shake off the close loss to Wagner by picking up another PL win, and keeping right on Colgate's tail, waiting if the Raiders will slip up. As for Bucknell, basketball is just around the corner

Holy Cross at Dartmouth Holy Cross Just when I thought I had the Cross figure out, they grind past Brown. Dartmouth is getting better, albeit slowly, but has two close losses to Yale and Penn bringing down the record coming into this game. Homefield should benefit Big Green here, but I think the Crusaders can tough out another one, and generate some momentum going into PL play

Seawolf97
October 11th, 2010, 07:04 PM
My big concern is that we tend to get sloppy on the road against non conference teams. It happened last year at Colgate and North Dakota and this season at Brown. Penalities, dropped passes, missed assignments adds up to L's on the scoreboard. Cant figure it out but we deserved to lose those games for our poor play. So Saturday might be another game of mental lapse's really strange.

Bogus Megapardus
October 12th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Week 7 lines:

Yale (-7) vs Fordham

Harvard (-10) vs Lehigh

Penn (-6.5) vs Columbia

Colgate (-14) at Cornell

Georgetown (-14) vs Bucknell

Stony Brook (-10) at Lafayette

Brown (-14) at Princeton

Dartmouth (-3.5) vs Holy Cross

Lehigh Football Nation
October 12th, 2010, 01:57 PM
A Patriot League sweep this weekend isn't only desirable - it's a downright must if there's even a tiny hope of getting an at-large bid to the playoffs this year.

Holy Cross over Dartmouth, Lafayette over Stony Brook, Colgate over Cornell, Lehigh over Harvard, Fordham over Yale. Trust me - we need them all.

Ken_Z
October 12th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Fordham 27 @ Yale 28: Fordham can't quite pull it out

Lehigh 17 @ Harvard 24: Can the coach survive?

Colgate 42 @ Cornell 14: The one bright spot for the PL continues to shine

Stony Brook 28 @ Lafayette 20: Leps respectable, but winless

Bucknell 17 @ Georgetown 14: You gotta believe

Holy Cross 35 @ Dartmouth 21: Two game win streak gets streaky HC faithful believing again

LU65
October 12th, 2010, 03:13 PM
The Seawolves will get their first road win this year in Easton. Remember this is a team that gave 8th ranked UMass all it could handle before falling 21-26. P.S. UMass dropped a 5 point decision to Michigan in Ann Arbor prior to that. Sagarin spread of 13 well deserved this weekend.
SB 31
LC 17

The Rams, averaging 24 points a game this year, are a good bet if someone is willing to give you the 8 points you deserve in a friendly wager. Fordham keeps it close but drops their 4th in a row.
Yale 27
Fordham 23

The Big Red of Cornell have turned its attention to basketball and are counting the days to Midnight Madness. They'll prove to be hospitable hosts on Saturday, however, allowing it neighbor 70 miles to the north to win with ease. Harvard's Scales and Gordon combined for 251 of the Crimson's 314 yards rushing attack last week against Cornell. Can only imagine what Eachus will do this week in Ithaca.
Colgate 34
Cornell 17

Losing three in a row - all at home and all to Ivy League foes - by an average of 17 points, The Bison are glad to get on the road and begin Patriot League play against someone their own size. After getting off to a fast 3-1 start, the team from our nation's capital has run into hard times of late scoring just 19 points (one touchdown) in their last eight quarters of football in loses to Colgate and Wagner. The latter moved the ball well thru the air, connecting on 24 of 45 for 209 yards. I'd expect Bucknell to follow that lead and take to the air as they did against Cornell (25 for 45 for 267 yards)and hit paydirt in Washington. Not sure it'll be enough, but sense a major upset coming. Hey, it's no fun picking all favorites.
Bucknell 14
Gerogetown 10

The Big Green could be 4-0 had it not been for last second and overtime losses the past two weeks to Yale and Penn, respectively. Holy Cross has won 13 straight at home. Too bad this one is on the road.
Dartmouth 21
Holy Cross 20

Measuring stick game for Lehigh. The Crimson opened the season scoring 34 against Holy Cross and two weeks later 35 against Lafayette. Both wins. Both in convincing fashion. They're 3-1 overall with the loss coming to Brown. Taking a page out of that particular playbook, LU might hope to duplicate the Brownie effort that saw the team from Providence grind out a victory taking points whenever they could (converted 5 of 6 FG attempts), winning the TOP battle 2:1, and forcing the Crimson into mistakes, i.e., 4 fumbles, 4 sacks and 2 interceptions. It wasn't pretty but it was effective. Coen erases the image of his team fumbling away the ball on the Harvard 19 two years ago, and with it, a chance to win the game. Besides, you can't travel 250 miles and not pick your team to win.
Lehigh 31
Harvard 28

crusader11
October 12th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Lehigh over Harvard, and Dartmouth over Holy Cross? Take off those poop-stained glasses.

Ivytalk
October 12th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Yale
Harvard
Colgate
Stony Brook
Georgetown
Dartmouth

Pard4Life
October 13th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Stony Brook 41, Lafayette 17 - Homecoming? Duck-and-cover-coming.

Yale 28, Fordham 14 - Ivy is better than PL.

Colgate 35, SUNY-Ithaca 10 - Colgate is the Big Maroon Machine.

Georgetown 38, Bucknell 20 - Hoyas are favored in PL game.

Dartmouth 24, Holy Cross 17 - Ivy is better than the PL, part two.

Harvard 35, Lehigh 17 - My wish is that Harvard beats up more on Lehigh than they did the Pards, but Lehigh is actually motivated to play and does not have players dropping like flys.

kDex86
October 13th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Went 5-1 last week, so I'm now 23-10 on the season:

Fordham -- just a hunch.
Harvard -- Lehigh is improving, but Harvard is still a level above the Mountain Hawks.
Colgate -- if they lose, the Raiders have nobody to blame but themselves.
Stony Brook -- what's wrong with the Leopards this year?
Georgetown -- what's wrong with the Bison this year? (Yes, they have a new coach, but I thought by now they would have at least one win...)
Holy Cross -- have shown they can still be as good as they were last year, but for how long?

Seawolf97
October 13th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Stony Brook 41, Lafayette 17 - Homecoming? Duck-and-cover-coming.

Yale 28, Fordham 14 - Ivy is better than PL.

Colgate 35, SUNY-Ithaca 10 - Colgate is the Big Maroon Machine.

Georgetown 38, Bucknell 20 - Hoyas are favored in PL game.

Dartmouth 24, Holy Cross 17 - Ivy is better than the PL, part two.

Harvard 35, Lehigh 17 - My wish is that Harvard beats up more on Lehigh than they did the Pards, but Lehigh is actually motivated to play and does not have players dropping like flys.

SBU cant overlook Lafayette on their Homecoming. 0-5 maybe but still able to surprise.

ColgateTD
October 13th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Yale - Fordham just hasn't captured my imagination.
Harvard - Too tough a match up for the Engineers.
Stony Brook - Once again I'm on Carney's #%&# list.
Georgetown - Home field advantage pick.
Dartmouth - Just a hunch Big Green wins at home.
Colgate - "To Each-Us Own" - Hide the children in Ithaca, Nate's comin'

22-11 on the season

Bogus Megapardus
October 13th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Lehigh at Harvard - These teams each are making a run for their respective league titles. Harvard has been impressive to date and will get a strong challenge from the Engineers but I like the Johnnies at home. Harvard 24-20

Colgate at Cornell - This historic Finger Lakes rivalry has been played an astonishing ninety two times since 1896. How many non-conference opponents have played more? Colgate is the bright spot in an otherwise-dismal Patriot season and should win easily. Colgate 31-14

Fordham at Yale - A tough game to call. Improving Fordham should investigate before the game whether the officials are indeed Bonesmen as has been suggested. Rams will play well and score, but the deck might be stacked. Bari Quippe Boni. Yale 21-20

Stony Brook at Lafayette - Umm . . . no. Stony Brook 38-10

Bucknell at Georgetown - The Bison seem to be improving while the Hoyas have been playing consistently well all season. Georgetown has a legitimate shot at the Patriot title and should win this one at home. Georgetown 24-14

Holy Cross at Dartmouth - This year will be the seventy fourth meeting of these New England rivals, whose first game was in 1903. A vastly improved Big Green squad ought to have just enough at home to prevail. This might prompt certain of the Crusader faithful to a radical change in faith (Augustinian, perhaps?). Dartmouth 20-17

carney2
October 14th, 2010, 01:05 PM
My big concern is that we tend to get sloppy on the road against non conference teams. It happened last year at Colgate and North Dakota and this season at Brown. Penalities, dropped passes, missed assignments adds up to L's on the scoreboard. Cant figure it out but we deserved to lose those games for our poor play. So Saturday might be another game of mental lapse's really strange.

No conceivable amount of "sloppy" will prevent Stony Brook from covering, even burying, the spread.

carney2
October 14th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Stony Brook - Once again I'm on Carney's #%&# list.

Lots of people on my #%&# list this season. No matter how I list them - alpabetically, chronologically, order of priority ascending, order of priority descending - you are nowhere in sight. And the list grows week by week. Even 94 and KenZ are fading out of sight this year.

Go...gate
October 14th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Yale 26, Fordham 17

Harvard 34, Lehigh 20

Colgate 30, Cornell 21

Lafayette 21, Stony Brook 20

Georgetown 23, Bucknell 14

Holy Cross 28, Dartmouth 27

Lehigh Football Nation
October 14th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Posted my Harvard preview. Warning: homer pick.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/10/game-preview-lehigh-at-harvard-10162010.html

ngineer
October 14th, 2010, 04:27 PM

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/10/game-preview-lehigh-at-harvard-10162010.html

Most places I see have us 10-14 point underdogs, which is about right. Coen has not had a 'big' upset since his first year beating Villanova in Philly. He really needs one of "those" games to get people juiced again.

Seawolf97
October 14th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Yale 26, Fordham 17

Harvard 34, Lehigh 20

Colgate 30, Cornell 21

Lafayette 21, Stony Brook 20

Georgetown 23, Bucknell 14

Holy Cross 28, Dartmouth 27

Give us a little respect-we scored 21 against UMass:)

Go...gate
October 14th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Give us a little respect-we scored 21 against UMass:)

Upset special, I guess. I think Lafayette is due.

carney2
October 14th, 2010, 11:26 PM
homer pick.

And this is a surprise exactly how?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Coming off a 5-1 week i need to keep the momentum going. 20-13 overall.

Colgate 35 Cornell 21
Holy Cross 31 Dartmouth 28
Bucknell 24 Georgetown 21
Fordham 28 Yale 24
Stony Brook 35 Lafayette 28 - Lafayette will win some games in the PL.

Lehigh 27 Harvard 21 - My first homer pick of the year. Harvard has been good, but not great in '10. Given the fact that Lehigh always plays Harvard tough allows me to believe the confidence will be there. They've found ways to win this year and i believe it continues tomorrow. This game was originally scheduled at Goodman.

CrusaderBob
October 15th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Giving up and not really trying to pick has worked wonders for me.

5 - 1 Last week

9 - 1 over the last two weeks

20 - 13 on the season.

Not really trying again, so this week I'll predict the scores!

Fordham 5
Yale 11

Lehigh 4
Harvard 12

Colgate 16
Cornell 0

Stony Brook 13
Lafayette 3

Bucknell 3
Georgetown 12

Holy Cross 10
Dartmouth 6

I still give up!

CFBfan
October 15th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Giving up and not really trying to pick has worked wonders for me.

5 - 1 Last week

9 - 1 over the last two weeks

20 - 13 on the season.

Not really trying again, so this week I'll predict the scores!

Fordham 5
Yale 11

Lehigh 4
Harvard 12

Colgate 16
Cornell 0

Stony Brook 13
Lafayette 3

Bucknell 3
Georgetown 12

Holy Cross 10
Dartmouth 6

I still give up!

so it looks like a betting man should take the under in every game here!

carney2
October 15th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Lafayette will win some games in the PL.

If "some" = one, maybe.

For those of you who keep picking Lafayette because...well, because, let me bring you up to speed:

Lots of injuries, but that doesn't tell the story. In truth, there are just not enough D-1 level ball players on this team. Prime example: If you play a 4-man front on defense (Lafayette plays a 3 by necessity, but bear with me), you need 9 down linemen, 5 on offense and 4 on defense. Lafayette has 3, maybe 4. The others are just bodies. I'm not talking 3 or 4 "good" ones, with the rest passable. I'm talking - and, caveat: in my humble opinion - 3 or 4 who should have been issued D-1 uniforms, and the rest not.

How did this happen? For the mathematically inclined, I give it to you as a formula:

Average Recruiting Overall + Poor Recruiting in Some Areas (Down Linemen!) + Poor Retention of Recruits = Flamin' Disaster.

Where did the "average recruiting" and "poor retention" come from? Lots of theories. Not many facts.

I'm sure that many (most) of my fellow Leopard fans have visions of a turnaround. ("Flip that calendar to 2011 and watch us go.") 2011 may see some improvement, but don't bet the ranch on a return to contention. This will take some time - and a serious upgrade in recruiting.

RichH2
October 15th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Carney

I dont think anyone expected as sharp a drop off as Pards have had this year. Cant comment on line issues as I dont really know how good or bad any of them are. I still think Tavani will put some kind of O together if your D can hold up, Pards will be competitive.

CrusaderBob
October 15th, 2010, 02:37 PM
so it looks like a betting man should take the under in every game here!

I may have "given up", but in the last two weeks I employed a system - or a least a theme - in my predictions. It's a random "system" each week and again this week, I am using a system, but not the same as the prior two weeks.

For example one week might have been I like blue better than red, so I'm going with blue and in the second week I might have gone with a Crusader would beat a Bear, etc.

Anyone want to take a shot at the system this week?

carney2
October 15th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Carney

I dont think anyone expected as sharp a drop off as Pards have had this year. Cant comment on line issues as I dont really know how good or bad any of them are. I still think Tavani will put some kind of O together if your D can hold up, Pards will be competitive.

Aye, and thar's the rub. It was expected that the defense would hold this thing together until the offense got its 3 preseason questions answered. The defense has been spectacularly and consistently incompetent. Can't stop the run. Can't stop the pass. DL = no pressure; no penetration. Oh yeah, no one used their high school football experience to learn how to tackle. 3rd and long has been an opponent's gimme for most of the year.

I could go on. I could, for instance, tell you how truly horrendous special teams play has been, but my fingers are slipping on my tear stained keyboard and I need to pop a few valium.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 15th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Poulson and Dell are clearly missed by the Pards, but I see the 'Pards as a team that is lost mentally right now. They could have beaten Columbia - or at least made it a game - if they didn't have some big mental lapses. For example, take away that Pick Six anf maybe Lafayette keeps building momentum and wins that game.

I don't think Stony Brook is unbeatable, however, and a big win for Lafayette in the next couple weeks and this whole thing turns around for them. Like many, I am not counting out the Pards yet.

ngineer
October 15th, 2010, 04:32 PM
I may have "given up", but in the last two weeks I employed a system - or a least a theme - in my predictions. It's a random "system" each week and again this week, I am using a system, but not the same as the prior two weeks.

For example one week might have been I like blue better than red, so I'm going with blue and in the second week I might have gone with a Crusader would beat a Bear, etc.

Anyone want to take a shot at the system this week?

Sounds like my wife. She and I pick 30 college games each week. She knowing "nothing" and me, the supposed 'expert'. Her "sytem" is to pick any team ending in State or Tech. If both occur, she usually goes with State (though not always). In addition, she never picks against 'God' (i.e. Notre Dame or Holy Cross (unless playing Lehigh (;-)), plus a couple 'exceptions' because she likes their names (Auburn and Clemson). The past two weeks she has beaten me with a combined record of 43-17, while I have struggled at 34-26. I shake my head.

Bogus Megapardus
October 15th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Sounds like my wife. She and I pick 30 college games each week. She knowing "nothing" and me, the supposed 'expert'. Her "sytem" is to pick any team ending in State or Tech. If both occur, she usually goes with State (though not always). In addition, she never picks against 'God' (i.e. Notre Dame or Holy Cross (unless playing Lehigh (;-)), plus a couple 'exceptions' because she likes their names (Auburn and Clemson). The past two weeks she has beaten me with a combined record of 43-17, while I have struggled at 34-26. I shake my head.

She could make a bundle with that system in Vegas.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 15th, 2010, 11:31 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/10/week-seven-football-predictions.html

The rest of my PL picks this weekend. Go, Leopards. Make me proud to have picked you this weekend.

Leopard Loyalist
October 15th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Yale 31 Fordham 28
Harvard 28 Lehigh 17
Colgate 35 Cornell 14
Stony Brook 34 Lafayette 21
Georgetown 24 Bucknell 13
Holy Cross 24 Dartmouth 21

Gater
October 16th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Here is the video link to Colgate Cornell:
http://www.ibnsports.com/cornell.aspx

aceinthehole
October 16th, 2010, 12:26 PM

http://www.thequoteblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/homer-simpson.jpg

ngineer
October 16th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Giving the home edge as the difference in this one. Will not be surprised if Rams win, but I feel they aren't complete enough to beat the Eli..Yale, 27-24

Lehigh has played Harvard tough for the past ten years and Coen needs a game to really kickstart the rest of the season. We're not expected to beat the Crimson, but Harvard has not been clicking on all cylinders either, so I'm expecting Lehigh pull out a tight one, 21-20.Colgate will control by land and by air. Cornell my be getting better after battling Harvard well, but Raiders should win. 34-17

Stony Brook is rolling and Laughyette is reeling. If SBU jumps up early, this could get ugly. If the 'pards can hang close, they may be able to see than can steal one, but I don't think it will happen. Seawolves 31-24.

Bucknell is wandering in the wilderness. No better place to wander than in D.C. and remain lost. Hoyas 24-14.

Holy Cross will run into a Big Green that may be getting revitalized. I expect a close one, but 'saders will fall short, 28-24..

Record to date: 25-8

Can't help it, but I broke my arm patting myself on the back a few minutes ago!!!!

ColgateTD
October 16th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Big day for Bisons, Leopards, Engineers, 'Gate and Carney. Revenge for some of the PL lost boys! HC & the Rams, not so much.

Nate Eachus, 290 yds rushing vs. Cornell augurs well for 'Gate fans

Remise
October 16th, 2010, 03:32 PM
By my count, Eachus -- who broke a school record today -- already has over 1,000 yards rushing for the season, and (again my possibly dubious math) with his average back up to 169 yards a game, he should surely be back at the top of the column among FCS rushers. But in many ways, Sullivan was even more impressive.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 16th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Coming off a 5-1 week i need to keep the momentum going. 20-13 overall.

Colgate 35 Cornell 21
Holy Cross 31 Dartmouth 28
Bucknell 24 Georgetown 21
Fordham 28 Yale 24
Stony Brook 35 Lafayette 28 - Lafayette will win some games in the PL.

Lehigh 27 Harvard 21 - My first homer pick of the year. Harvard has been good, but not great in '10. Given the fact that Lehigh always plays Harvard tough allows me to believe the confidence will be there. They've found ways to win this year and i believe it continues tomorrow. This game was originally scheduled at Goodman.

Another blah week.

carney2
October 16th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Big day for Carney.

Oh yeah.

LU65
October 16th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Lehigh over Harvard, and Dartmouth over Holy Cross? Take off those poop-stained glasses.

Seeing just fine in those poop-stained glasses, going 5-1 this week with both Lehigh and Dartmouth in the Win column.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 16th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Will there be Co offensive players of the week in the PL?

Lehigh WR Ryan Spadola had 14 receptions for 210 yards and 2 TDS
Eachus went for 290 yards rushing and 2 TDS

danefan
October 16th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Good win for Lafayette over SBU. Probably the best OOC win for the PL this year.

crusader11
October 16th, 2010, 07:42 PM

My apologies.

rogers3
October 16th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Oh yeah.

After the watching the series with Liberty, I was surprised at the results so far for Lafayette. Glad to see your team get the win; you all have a thing for upsetting a Big South contender!

carney2
October 16th, 2010, 08:24 PM
After the watching the series with Liberty, I was surprised at the results so far for Lafayette. Glad to see your team get the win; you all have a thing for upsetting a Big South contender!

This one was a total surprise, but Tavani seems to have a way with that "us vs. them" and "these are the guys that wouldn't even talk to you" motivator when getting his non-scholarship kids ready to play scholarship programs. The Lafayette telecast did a brief piece on that today, including the two consecutive wins over Richmond in the years before the Liberty series.

carney2
October 16th, 2010, 08:27 PM
If "some" = one, maybe.

For those of you who keep picking Lafayette because...well, because, let me bring you up to speed:

Lots of injuries, but that doesn't tell the story. In truth, there are just not enough D-1 level ball players on this team. Prime example: If you play a 4-man front on defense (Lafayette plays a 3 by necessity, but bear with me), you need 9 down linemen, 5 on offense and 4 on defense. Lafayette has 3, maybe 4. The others are just bodies. I'm not talking 3 or 4 "good" ones, with the rest passable. I'm talking - and, caveat: in my humble opinion - 3 or 4 who should have been issued D-1 uniforms, and the rest not.

How did this happen? For the mathematically inclined, I give it to you as a formula:

Average Recruiting Overall + Poor Recruiting in Some Areas (Down Linemen!) + Poor Retention of Recruits = Flamin' Disaster.

Where did the "average recruiting" and "poor retention" come from? Lots of theories. Not many facts.

I'm sure that many (most) of my fellow Leopard fans have visions of a turnaround. ("Flip that calendar to 2011 and watch us go.") 2011 may see some improvement, but don't bet the ranch on a return to contention. This will take some time - and a serious upgrade in recruiting.

Can one die from eating too much crow?

Bogus Megapardus
October 16th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Can one die from eating too much crow?

It's quite filling, isn't it?

Lehigh Football Nation
October 16th, 2010, 09:12 PM
I knew going against carney's "optimism" this week would serve me well in my picks. xlolx

Sader87
October 16th, 2010, 09:22 PM
The PL absolutely, positively, unecquivably sucks massive eggs...NO ONE CARES.

Lafayette beat Stony Brook!! Yea!!! NO ONE CARES.

bulldog10jw
October 16th, 2010, 10:32 PM

It's getting old. Everyone knows how you feel. Time to change the music.

ngineer
October 16th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Why does he waste his time??

ngineer
October 16th, 2010, 10:42 PM
4-2 this week to bring my total to 29-10. Actually glad I got the two wrong that I did (Lafayette and Bucknell). I would hate to face either winless.

Go...gate
October 16th, 2010, 11:36 PM
This one was a total surprise, but Tavani seems to have a way with that "us vs. them" and "these are the guys that wouldn't even talk to you" motivator when getting his non-scholarship kids ready to play scholarship programs. The Lafayette telecast did a brief piece on that today, including the two consecutive wins over Richmond in the years before the Liberty series.

Nice win by you guys.

Go...gate
October 16th, 2010, 11:37 PM

Since you are so upset, use your anger constructively and notify the HC administration. When Colgate slid so badly in the early 1990's, that is what a lot of concerned alumni did. The results speak for themselves.

CrusaderBob
October 17th, 2010, 09:32 AM

Fordham 5
Yale 11

Lehigh 4
Harvard 12

Colgate 16
Cornell 0

Stony Brook 13
Lafayette 3

Bucknell 3
Georgetown 12

Holy Cross 10
Dartmouth 6

I still give up!

Ugggggh! 2 -4.

Well we'll throw out that system! Went with the concensus of the board and the predicted scores were the number of posters who predicted each team to win.

Think I'll go back to picking by colors!

carney2
October 17th, 2010, 10:41 AM
I knew going against carney's "optimism" this week would serve me well in my picks. xlolx

I am getting beat upon by so many people from so many directions - including in the legitimate press - that a few extra thumps from you are hardly noticeable. But, thanks for thinking of me.