PDA

View Full Version : Maine @ UD 10/9/10

BlueHenSinfonian
October 9th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Delaware leads 19 - 0 at the half. Maine's offense has show flashes of brilliance, with some great outside and bootleg runs, an on point short passing game, and a QB with some serious speed that isn't afraid to run a keeper.

So far UD's defense has just been stronger, keeping Maine out of the end zone, and the balanced offensive attack has achieved results.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 9th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Final score Delaware 26 - Maine 7.

Good game Mainahs, you played a much closer game than the score shows. Watching some of the Maine offensive drivers leaves little doubt as to how this team beat UNH.

YoUDeeMan
October 10th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Final score Delaware 26 - Maine 7.

Good game Mainahs, you played a much closer game than the score shows. Watching some of the Maine offensive drivers leaves little doubt as to how this team beat UNH.

Not sure what game you were watching, but Maine could not compete on either side of the ball. We racked up 430 yards...they got 237. TOP 36:50 - 23:10. We could have dropped 40+ points on them. It was not pretty, but we took them to the woodshed and physically pushed them around.

By the end of the game their defense was bleeding and allowing us to put together long, clock consuming drives and their offense couldn't do anything...in the entire 4th quarter, they got a TOTAL of 19 yards of offense...and they fumbled.

The game was not nearly as close as the score.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 10th, 2010, 10:13 AM
I wasn't able to watch the whole game through, but I caught bits and pieces as much as I could. I saw a Maine running game that was just plain faster than our defense could react to whenever they went to the outside, a Maine QB that was deadly accurate for short passes, and several trips that Maine took into our red zone.

Maine had many opportunities to score that they just couldn't capitalize on, and in the end UD was definitely the better team, but had Maine had a bit of luck a few times, the score could have been very different.

State Line Liquors
October 10th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Look at the box score, it tells the story. The game really wasn't very close.

superman7515
October 10th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Yeah, the game wasn't close at all. There were a ton of running plays that got dropped in the backfield or for short 1-2 yard gains, so I don't think the "just plain faster" holds any water whatsoever. Delaware also left a lot of points on the field. Tommy Crosby dropped two touchdown passes where the ball hit him in the hands and he was wide open... on the same drive... Perry missed an extra point and a field goal. The EP was blocked when he kicked it about 6 inches over everyones heads, so that wasn't going to make it anyway. The field goal looked like a line drive about 7 feet over the ground and 15-20 feet wide and he was only kicking from like the 15. Really bad play out of the kicking game yesterday. Special teams as a whole played better, the punter and coverage team did a great job pinning Maine inside the 5 twice. Great job by the defense overall, a few penalties from guys that just didn't have their head in the game (formations & procedure stuff). The guys behind me in L tried getting a KC Keeler chant going, but that didn't get more than just one or two people enthused, haha.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 10th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Maybe I only saw Maine's good plays. They seemed to be able to move the ball at will on their opening drive, I was worried.

blukeys
October 10th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Anyone who watched the entire game was more frustrated with the flat Hen performance than concerned about Maine.

The UD D had Maine bottled up most of the game. The Hens dodged a bullet when the Maine QB overthrew a wide open Maine WR. But whereas Maine missed a great quick scoring opportunity, that doesn't compare with the points UD left on the field.

Today was not a performance any team would want to repeat. However in a subpar effort the Hens managed a win.

I personally did not see two comparable teams. I thought UD was the better team if both squads brought their A game.