PDA

View Full Version : Running the table

Nebuta
October 6th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Only 4 teams remain:

AppStateold299
October 6th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Homer vote I know, but I think they will carry it into Florida Nov. 20th.

superman7515
October 6th, 2010, 06:20 AM
I think anyone loses eventually in the CAA and BC falls to SC State... Can't vote for App... So congrats Jax St, you get the vote by default. Haha

Mntneer
October 6th, 2010, 06:42 AM
I think anyone loses eventually in the CAA and BC falls to SC State... Can't vote for App... So congrats Jax St, you get the vote by default. Haha

What's up with the App hate?

gsueagle2424
October 6th, 2010, 07:12 AM
App will lose to GSU in Statesboro and will lose to Florida.

bluehenbillk
October 6th, 2010, 07:16 AM
The Southern is so god-awful weak this year I picked App. UD could lose 10/23 @W&M

mcveyrl
October 6th, 2010, 08:21 AM

This. UD has a lot of big hurdles to jump to go undefeated and that's just tough. If they do though...wow. App has some hurdles in the SoCon, but their biggest hurdle is Florida, near the end of the season. They won't get the benefit of a sluggish FBS team like a lot of early season match-ups have. Plus, they will probably look to gain some momentum going into FSU and what could be a trip to the SEC championship game and a rematch with Bama. B-C will lose to SC State at least. So...by default Jax State looks to have the easiest path.

tribe_pride
October 6th, 2010, 08:38 AM

How is it hate? App has to play Florida. Jacksonville State has already played it's toughest game of the regular season.

GSUhooligan
October 6th, 2010, 08:39 AM
I think anyone loses eventually in the CAA and BC falls to SC State...App will lose to GSU... So congrats Jax St, you get the vote. Haha

FIFY

blueballs
October 6th, 2010, 08:43 AM
The Southern is so god-awful weak this year I picked App. UD could lose 10/23 @W&M

Really???

A what appears to be middle of the road or second division southern team (eloan) took one of your ranked teams (richmond) to OT in the CAA team's home field before absorbing a serious beatdown at the home of another southern team (Ga So) the next week.

If anybody is over rated it is the CAA but we'll found out come December.

Mntneer
October 6th, 2010, 08:54 AM
How is it hate? App has to play Florida. Jacksonville State has already played it's toughest game of the regular season.

Fair point, I forgot about Florida. Just for clarification, no I do not think we will win that game. xsmhx

Humble Steward
October 6th, 2010, 12:06 PM
I voted for B-CU just because I'm biased to this poll. However, it's going to be difficult for us to go undefeated. We have a solid squad this season and will not look past this week's game. Next up: Deleware St. I wish I could be there for Homecoming.

JSU02
October 6th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Jax State clearly has the easiest opportunity to win-out. Of course I am in no way saying we will, but we have already played and beaten our SEC team.

JMUNJ08
October 6th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Jax State clearly has the easiest opportunity to win-out. Of course I am in no way saying we will, but we have already played and beaten our SEC team.

Agreed, just the close wins the past few has me believing App St. should be the last unbeaten standing. I know J'ville St. has the easier games but when will they just overlook a weak opponnent?

JSU02
October 6th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Agreed, just the close wins the past few has me believing App St. should be the last unbeaten standing. I know J'ville St. has the easier games but when will they just overlook a weak opponnent?
I actually think the close games make it harder for them to overlook anyone, its blowout wins that make overlooking teams easier. On a side note I read this morning that this year is the 40th anniversary of Jax State's only unbeaten, untied team, the 1970 Orange Blossom Classic Champions. I'm hoping history repeats itself this year. :)

superman7515
October 6th, 2010, 02:31 PM

Sorry, its not hate, but I looked at the schedules and even not overlooking the win at Michigan, I still can't pick the App over Florida. And I'm a big FSU fan, so I'd like nothing more, but I just don't see it happening. If not for a big late comeback against the Mocs, this wouldn't even be a question, and UF can finish. J-State has already played, and won, it's toughest game. So... by default, it's J-State. And that's not said to be a knock on them, quite the contrary. They won their toughest game, so unless they overlook someone I feel they have the best chance the rest of the way.

McNeese75
October 6th, 2010, 02:32 PM
JSU has the easiest home stretch so they should be the last.

T-Dog
October 6th, 2010, 02:54 PM
B-C will lose to SCSU.
Jax State will have their hands full with SEMO.
App won't beat Florida.
Delaware has to go to W&M and UMass. Could stumble there.

Out of those teams, I'd say Jax State has the best chance, but it's unlikely any of them will finish 11-0.

SpeedkingATL
October 6th, 2010, 02:54 PM
I don't think any of them will go undefeated but my homer pick is on the Apps being the last undefeated.

GSUhooligan
October 6th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Delaware: 1st loss- 10/23/10 @ William and Mary
BCC: 1st loss- 10/16/10 @ SC State
App St: 1st loss- 11/06/10 @ Georgia Southern
Jax St: 1st loss- 12/04/10 @ TBD

URMite
October 6th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Really???

A what appears to be middle of the road or second division southern team (eloan) took one of your ranked teams (richmond) to OT in the CAA team's home field before absorbing a serious beatdown at the home of another southern team (Ga So) the next week.

Although I don't agree with him that the SoCon is bad this year, we may be ranked but we are still rated as the 6th best team in the CAA. And for now there is a gap between us and the 5 above us. So I wouldn't count on that game as a barometer.

RabidRabbit
October 6th, 2010, 04:22 PM

^^
THIS +

Jax St have already played and won their FBS game, and have <just> the OVC left, and they've already played EIU who's the usual toughest out in the OVC. But maybe EIU is just having this same kind of year as SDSU is having.

Gamecocks99
October 6th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Delaware: 1st loss- 10/23/10 @ William and Mary
BCC: 1st loss- 10/16/10 @ SC State
App St: 1st loss- 11/06/10 @ Georgia Southern
Jax St: 1st loss- 12/04/10 @ TBD

My friend from Temple, GA - a town that loves AAU Basketball and a hooligan that likes Jax State.

I hope all is well with you today. By the way how is the Gov doing ?

Another question for you. So you see the out come of the story something like this? Jax State wins all their regular season games and

Then Jax State gets a Home Playoff game in front of a more than 25,000 thousand screaming fans at Burgess Snow Field where the seats are right on top of the other teams bench. The stands are sooo close You can take a broom and touch the other teams players. It is very loud ask Furman. Also, remember these fans are extremely eager for another National Title. And your Ending is JSU Loses at Home ? ?
I know the OVC's history.

But, Not this year in 2010 my Friend !

Remember this is not your older brothers Jacksonville State Team !

Squealofthepig
October 6th, 2010, 10:48 PM

It's that Florida game. No offense, but BCS conference players who see "App State" on their schedule remember Michigan and do everything they can to not let that happen again. That's why I can't vote for app either - not hate, just pragmatism.

Edit: And yes, last game of the season, but JSU running the OVC vs. App State pulling another, err, App State... where would you put your money?

Redbirdz
October 6th, 2010, 11:17 PM
J'ville State, you can do it.

theasushow
October 6th, 2010, 11:35 PM
J'State has the best chance....just not sure how much running the table in the OVC is gonna prepare them for the playoffs. i think i would rather have a couple hard-fought losses in the caa or socon than go undefeated in the OVC. the past few national champions all had conference losses before the playoffs started, in the long run i think it works as an advantage.

Squealofthepig
October 6th, 2010, 11:54 PM
J'State has the best chance....just not sure how much running the table in the OVC is gonna prepare them for the playoffs. i think i would rather have a couple hard-fought losses in the caa or socon than go undefeated in the OVC. the past few national champions all had conference losses before the playoffs started, in the long run i think it works as an advantage.

Totally agree with this. Being undefeated in a conference is a double-edged sword; on one hand it's a great accomplishment. On the other, it means no one has found your weaknesses, and it's bad to have someone do that in the playoffs. It's one of the reasons the CAA has been so successful in recent years, while undefeated champs (like my beloved griz) have come up short. A loss can teach you a lot about your team that you can fix, while a win may not teach you much at all.

Not arguing against winning, but theasushow has it dead on - sometimes you want to find out what your weaknesses are early so that you can fix them.

Bam
October 7th, 2010, 07:07 AM
As much as I hate to write it, I see JSU having the best chance. EKU is too one dimensional to put up much of a fight & SEMO will is SEMO. So JSU BETTER represent the OVC & win a few games in the PO's d*mnit.

Tribe4SF
October 7th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Really???

And take a look what Delaware did to UR in Richmond. We will find out come December.

Delaware looks extremely good this year, but they still have to face W&M, UMass and Villanova so an undefeated season is a long shot. I'm not among those who think the SOCON is less than usual this year. ASU still has some tough work to do.

jaxstatealum
October 7th, 2010, 08:44 AM

Really?!? I vote for us too, BUT do you know, or have you seen our coaches????

GSUhooligan
October 7th, 2010, 09:26 AM
My friend from Temple, GA - a town that loves AAU Basketball and a hooligan that likes Jax State.

I hope all is well with you today. By the way how is the Gov doing ?

Another question for you. So you see the out come of the story something like this? Jax State wins all their regular season games and

Then Jax State gets a Home Playoff game in front of a more than 25,000 thousand screaming fans at Burgess Snow Field where the seats are right on top of the other teams bench. The stands are sooo close You can take a broom and touch the other teams players. It is very loud ask Furman. Also, remember these fans are extremely eager for another National Title. And your Ending is JSU Loses at Home ? ?
I know the OVC's history.

But, Not this year in 2010 my Friend !

Remember this is not your older brothers Jacksonville State Team !

A packed JSU stadium will give you a hell of an advantage, but I don't think the OVC schedule will prepare you enough for a deep playoff run. An 11-0 regular season with an FBS win has the tendency to provide over-confidence. See McNeese St in 2007.

Humble Steward
October 20th, 2010, 05:06 PM
All four teams are still undefeated. Which one will be the last unbeaten? This could very interesting.

Gamecocks99
October 21st, 2010, 01:54 PM

Yes Jax State has had a COUPLE OF HARD FOUGHT Games with the CAA & SOCON & the SEC. But they Won them all. @OLE Miss- SEC / Chatty SOCON @ JSU /
@GEORGIA ST IN THE GEORIGA DOME - CAA

Fear the Bird
October 21st, 2010, 02:02 PM
Yes Jax State has had a COUPLE OF HARD FOUGHT Games with the CAA & SOCON & the SEC. But they Won them all. @OLE Miss- SEC / Chatty SOCON @ JSU /
@GEORGIA ST IN THE GEORIGA DOME - CAA

hahahaha - come on man you can't be going around giving yourself credit for a CAA win with Georgia St. They are a first year program that will eventually be in the CAA, but that is not the CAA. The fact that you had a hard fought game with them is reason alone that they shouldn't be ranked higher than 6 at this point.

Redbirdz
October 21st, 2010, 02:21 PM
Any given Saturday, you know. Everybody brings their A game to Jacksonville State. The fact that we keep winning is a credit to us.

Gamecocks99
October 21st, 2010, 02:58 PM
Thanks Mr. REDBIRD

You know it has been along time since Jax State has played the Blue Hens. I would love nothing more than to see the Cocks and the Hens on the Same Field. Especially If Jax State got to play at home. The last time we played the Blue Hens it was in their yard and it was very cold. That was way back many many years ago.

ThompsonThe
October 21st, 2010, 02:59 PM
I cannot believe that some of you would believe that Florida could upset Appalachian State.
Where is your FCS pride and convictions. Jeez.

Nebuta
October 21st, 2010, 03:07 PM
It would be interesting to see if anyone else would change there vote after week 8. I would switch my vote.

Cocky
October 21st, 2010, 03:49 PM
App will have the hardest time being undefeated but I'm hoping all of them make it.

Gamecocks99
October 21st, 2010, 04:32 PM
It would be interesting to see if anyone else would change there vote after week 8. I would switch my vote.

everyones vision increases when you look behind youself

Gamecocks99
October 22nd, 2010, 11:28 AM
hahahaha - come on man you can't be going around giving yourself credit for a CAA win with Georgia St. They are a first year program that will eventually be in the CAA, but that is not the CAA. The fact that you had a hard fought game with them is reason alone that they shouldn't be ranked higher than 6 at this point.

Hey Bro either they are in the CAA or not. This is their 1st year yes but they are in the CAA.

biggie
October 22nd, 2010, 11:30 AM
Hey Bro either they are in the CAA or not. This is their 1st year yes but they are in the CAA.
Uhm doesn't Ga St play one future CAA team (ODU) and that's it. Doesn't seem they are in the CAA yet.

tribefan40
October 22nd, 2010, 11:36 AM

Um... No. xeyebrowx

Cocky
October 22nd, 2010, 12:10 PM

Not sure if they are in or not, but they are not what I would consider a full fledged CAA football team.

superman7515
October 22nd, 2010, 02:35 PM
Um... No. xeyebrowx

+1

Edge316007
October 22nd, 2010, 05:26 PM
Lol at all the GSU fans predicting a loss for App. Worry about your own team first.

JaxSinfonian
October 22nd, 2010, 08:58 PM

They are not. They're not even an official DI team yet, and don't count toward our DI win total, I believe. Sorry, '99, wish I could back you up here, but the facts are the facts.

Humble Steward
October 23rd, 2010, 10:56 PM
Only 3 undefeated teams left in the FCS. Jacksonville St., App. St., and B-CU. Who will be the last? This could go down to the very end.

theasushow
October 23rd, 2010, 11:17 PM
Only 3 undefeated teams left in the FCS. Jacksonville St., App. St., and B-CU. Who will be the last? This could go down to the very end.

I think ASU has by far the hardest schedule...if they don't play well they could easily lose to any of their last 4 opponents. (and will be huge underdogs against Florida, but i would gladly take an undefeated record to gainesville)

JaxSinfonian
October 23rd, 2010, 11:30 PM
Jax State has an off week, then goes to 2-5 Eastern Kentucky, hosts 7-1 SEMO, and wraps up at 4-4 Tennessee Tech. I think all three games will be tough. Richmond's a tough place to play, the Redhawks seem to be for real, and Tech always plays us tough.

Skjellyfetti
October 24th, 2010, 12:36 AM

You should let the CAA know that:
http://www.caasports.com/standings/Standings.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8500&SPID=4660

Humble Steward
November 6th, 2010, 10:06 PM
And then there was one. B-CU is the only undefeated team in the FCS. Lets Go Wildcats. 9-0 and two to go.

Next: Howard

Just Win Baby!!!

BlueHenSinfonian
November 6th, 2010, 10:07 PM
And then there was one. B-CU is the only undefeated team in the FCS. Lets Go Wildcats. 9-0 and two to go.

Next: Howard

Just Win Baby!!!

Congrats to B-CU, it's certainly an achievement. When was the last time a MEAC team had the best record in the FCS?

Squealofthepig
November 6th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Damn, I had Jacksonville State. Kudos to B-C. Here's hoping you continue through the playoffs!

I still wouldn't put hard money on you winning the whole thing, of course.

Humble Steward
November 7th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Damn, I had Jacksonville State. Kudos to B-C. Here's hoping you continue through the playoffs!

I still wouldn't put hard money on you winning the whole thing, of course.

Thanks. We still have alot of work to do with the remainder of the season. If we are fortunate enough to win the MEAC, the guys are definitely going to have to bring their "A" game to the playoffs. There is something special going on in Daytona Beach these days and the players are focused on getting the "W" no matter what it takes.xnodx

Nebuta
November 7th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Grats to the last team standing B-C. You werent my choice, curse you Jacksonville St for wetting the bed. hehe. Anyways grats on the AQ, well earned.

blukeys
November 7th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Congrats to B-CU, it's certainly an achievement. When was the last time a MEAC team had the best record in the FCS?

Hampton had a perfect record and a seed before being dominated by Richmond in the playoffs a few years back.

WestCoastAggie
November 7th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Grats to the last team standing B-C. You werent my choice, curse you Jacksonville St for wetting the bed. hehe. Anyways grats on the AQ, well earned.

B-CU hasn't won the AQ yet.