PDA

View Full Version : New TSN bracketlogy

FanofFCS
October 4th, 2010, 09:48 AM
The bracketology was out this morning: http://tinyurl.com/36tfzpu

Fear the Bird
October 4th, 2010, 09:55 AM
I guess this is based on the assumption that UD loses to both W&M and Nova with those 2 running the table

PantherRob82
October 4th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Seems like it's getting better. I don't get the JMU or Nova seeds right now. I can't imagine 3 seeds from the CAA. They might deserve it, but not seeing it.

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Reminder - here's my version with plenty of discussion...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?75648-Week-5-Playoff-Prognostications

jmufan999
October 4th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Seems like it's getting better. I don't get the JMU or Nova seeds right now. I can't imagine 3 seeds from the CAA. They might deserve it, but not seeing it.

huh? JMU is not seeded.

RabidRabbit
October 4th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Very optimistic about SIU. They can't lose any games for an at-large invite, so the only way they make it is as MVFC champ. IMHO - If they can run the table from here on out, WIU would be a better choice, but NDSU, if no more losses, would have the best chance at an At-large, with 3 D-I OOC wins. Unfortunately for the Bison, they already have two L in the MVFC, including at home. Cal Poly has 2 D-I losses, but also wins over McNeese and Montana. They have a decent shot at winning out and be 8-2 in D-I games.

jmufan999
October 4th, 2010, 11:27 AM
and by the way, Liberty would definitely be a tougher opening game for App State than the MEAC champ they're used to (MEAC team hasn't won a playoff game in a decade).

biggie
October 4th, 2010, 11:47 AM
and by the way, Liberty would definitely be a tougher opening game for App State than the MEAC champ they're used to (MEAC team hasn't won a playoff game in a decade).
Believe you've underestimated SCSU the last couple years, they are much better than the rest of the MEAC the last couple years.

Col Hogan
October 4th, 2010, 11:58 AM
A good chuckle for Monday...

jmufan999
October 4th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Believe you've underestimated SCSU the last couple years, they are much better than the rest of the MEAC the last couple years.

i watched the game last year. they may be much better than the rest of the MEAC but the conference still hasn't won a playoff game in a decade. most of them are blowouts. stats don't lie.

UNH Fanboi
October 4th, 2010, 12:06 PM

And how many playoff games has the Big South won? It seems to me that you're giving a self-serving compliment to Liberty because of JMU's close game against them. But I don't see how you can use historical perfomance to say that Liberty>SCSU when both of them are from historically weak conferences and neither has won a big OOC game (yes, I'm not counting Ball State, they're awful). I personally think SCSU is the stronger team. They came very close to beating ASU last year and return a ton of starters from that team. It's tough to say for sure though until playoff time because of their weak schedule.

SuperEagle
October 4th, 2010, 01:55 PM
2 SOCON teams predicted in with App and the 2nd one surpisingly being Chattanooga. I know the Mocs have looked good so far to their credit. It's anyone's guess right now. If GSU can beat Woffie this week, then next week's Chatty game will be huge for us (and them). Could we see 3 SOCON teams in?

chattanoogamocs
October 4th, 2010, 07:24 PM
2 SOCON teams predicted in with App and the 2nd one surpisingly being Chattanooga. I know the Mocs have looked good so far to their credit. It's anyone's guess right now. If GSU can beat Woffie this week, then next week's Chatty game will be huge for us (and them). Could we see 3 SOCON teams in?

The Mocs have put some serious scares into two top 5 teams...but until they actually start beating some ranked teams, I don't think they should have been mentioned (though it is a nice compliment).

Like I said on Mocfans...let's see if the Mocs can win at the Citadel...and then upset GSU (which I would assume would get them ranked)...then...maybe...we could start speculating about a playoff spot.

I do think when it is said and done that the SoCon can get three teams this year...right now...on this day, I would pick ASU, GSU and Wofford.