PantherRob82
October 4th, 2010, 07:24 AM
No idea how to call this one.

Cap'n Cat
October 4th, 2010, 08:38 AM
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx314/landmark_siu/salkitalk/sany0083.jpg

DOME
October 4th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Granted it was against SDSU but I thought the Panthers looked the best I've seen them all year this past weekend.

I'm looking for big things this weekend!

Not going to make the game but I'll be halfway there if anyone wants to join me drinking wine on the Katy Trail outside of St Louis?

PantherRob82
October 4th, 2010, 09:54 AM
I agree. UNI looked like they were at their best.

Defensively the Panthers are a solid unit. I'm not sure I'm worried about any group on this D.

Offensively the run game is great. Rennie and Anderson both went for over 120 this past weekend and continue to be a dual threat in the backfield.

The passing game is still a concern. I thought Rennie made good decisions this past weekend. No INTs, I don't even recall anything close to being picked. The TD he threw was a 40-50 yard bomb into double coverage in the endzone, but it was 3rd and long and he threw a jump ball to a 6'7" preseason all-american. Not sure if that is luck or a smart call. :) Davis has a good arm, but when he was in he made very poor decisions. He threw one pick, and had one or two more dropped. In his time against Iowa State he threw into double coverage and got picked for a 90-some yard TD. The couple passes he threw right before the pick should have been intercepted as well. Not sure what he's seeing.

What this boils down to:
If the Salukis can't stop the rushing attack of Rennie and Anderson, I like our chances. If we can't establish the run and have to try and win the game through the air, I start to get a little more nervous. Not because I doubt our QBs, but because I doubt our OC's ability to call the proper pass plays for each QB.

The defense should keep us in this one either way.

UNI Pike
October 4th, 2010, 10:49 AM
SIU looks to be a bit thin on players -

The Salukis injury problems continued against the Redbirds. After the first quarter, running back Lucien Walker didn’t come back into the game and was seen on the sideline without shoulder pads. Inside linebacker Connor James and corner back Nick King forced the SIU athletic trainers to come on to the field to look at their legs or feet and then assist them off the field. Neither one of the players returned to the game.

http://dailyegyptian.com/2010/10/02/rushing-attack-too-much-for-redbirds/

SIU had 64 running plays during the game.

SalukiJim
October 4th, 2010, 11:49 AM
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx314/landmark_siu/salkitalk/sany0083.jpg

You stay classy, Cedar Falls xlolx

ValleyChamp
October 4th, 2010, 12:22 PM
UNI is a young team. UNI is a turnover prone team. UNI has very little passing game. Not a good recipe for a conference road win. And UNI hasn't won at SIU in a very long time.

I'll go with SIU to win.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 4th, 2010, 12:52 PM

Is it just me, or is the guy on the left is wearing Saluki colors??

Big Al
October 4th, 2010, 01:07 PM

What, you forget to do laundry and only your grouchy pants are clean? That's Cap'n Cat on the right, if that tells you anything.

SalukiJim
October 4th, 2010, 06:45 PM
What, you forget to do laundry and only your grouchy pants are clean? That's Cap'n Cat on the right, if that tells you anything.

I was channelling will ferrell, all in fun. Hence the :D

UNI Pike
October 4th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Is it just me, or is the guy on the left is wearing Saluki colors??

That is a ISU Redbird fan ( I saw him personally that day, so take that what it is worth).

Fighting Cock
October 4th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Going with the DOGS!!!xnodx