PDA

View Full Version : Big South 2006

MarkCCU
February 3rd, 2006, 01:19 AM
Does anyone know when the schedules for Big South come out? I haven't been able to find even a temp. schedule for CCU or CSU? Help a brotha out!

IaaScribe
February 3rd, 2006, 08:58 AM
Mark,
Liberty's is close to being done. Could be complete by today or Monday. Here's what they have so far:

Aug. 31 ST. PAUL'S (Va.)
Sept. 9 TBD
Sept. 16 at Towson
Sept. 23 at Rutgers (LU trying to get out of this game, could be Howard or Georgetown instead)
Sept. 30 at Wake Forest
Oct. 7 TBD
Oct. 14 WILLIAM & MARY
Oct. 21 GARDNER-WEBB
Oct. 28 at Coastal Carolina
Nov. 4 WESTERN CAROLINA
Nov. 11 CHARLESTON SOUTHERN
Nov. 18 at VMI

chantman
February 3rd, 2006, 10:11 AM
St. Paul's! Are you sure that is not St. Paul High School in Virginia?

Thumper250
February 3rd, 2006, 10:25 AM
GWU has Southeastern Louisiana, UT-Martin, Tennessee Tech and Wofford again I think on the nonconference schedule. I'd assume they need about three more games to finish it out.

IaaScribe
February 3rd, 2006, 01:39 PM
St. Paul's! Are you sure that is not St. Paul High School in Virginia?

It's a third-year DII school that plays in the CIAA. Certainly no worse than playing Mansfield or Bloomsburg or someone of that ilk.

Linehawg
February 3rd, 2006, 03:00 PM
2006 VMI Football Schedule (as of 1/31/06)
===================================
September 2, DAVIDSON, 1:00 p.m.
September 9, at Norfolk State, TBA
September 16, at Richmond, TBA
September 23, at William & Mary, 7:00 p.m.
September 30, JAMES MADISON, 1:00 p.m.
October 7, at Army, TBA
October 14, COASTAL CAROLINA*, 1:00 p.m.
October 21, at Charleston Southern*, TBA
October 28, at Gardner-Webb*, TBA
November 4, OPEN
November 11, at The Citadel, TBA
November 18, LIBERTY*, 1:00 p.m.

Home Games in CAPS (Only four!!!)
* Denotes Big South Game

MarkCCU
February 3rd, 2006, 03:15 PM
2006 VMI Football Schedule (as of 1/31/06)
===================================
September 2, DAVIDSON, 1:00 p.m.
September 9, at Norfolk State, TBA
September 16, at Richmond, TBA
September 23, at William & Mary, 7:00 p.m.
September 30, JAMES MADISON, 1:00 p.m.
October 7, at Army, TBA
October 14, COASTAL CAROLINA*, 1:00 p.m.
October 21, at Charleston Southern*, TBA
October 28, at Gardner-Webb*, TBA
November 4, OPEN
November 11, at The Citadel, TBA
November 18, LIBERTY*, 1:00 p.m.

Home Games in CAPS (Only four!!!)
* Denotes Big South Game

One game you will lose :D

DTSpider
February 4th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Richmond, JMU, W&M and Army aren't exactly easy games either.

Linehawg
February 4th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Last year VMI played the 15th toughest schedule in the country...isn't that the point of it all? I suppose we could load our schedule with marshmellows and go 9-2 every year, win the Big South, and NOT even make the playoffs :rolleyes: but I think I like it like this much better. New coach in Lexington so I wouldn't be taking too many "gimmes" so early.

rokamortis
February 4th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Last year VMI played the 15th toughest schedule in the country...isn't that the point of it all? I suppose we could load our schedule with marshmellows and go 9-2 every year, win the Big South, and NOT even make the playoffs :rolleyes: but I think I like it like this much better. New coach in Lexington so I wouldn't be taking too many "gimmes" so early.

The sad thing hawg it isn't our OOC schedule that was a problem. :bang:

Also - what is the point of a tough schedule when you can't compete? I don't think 'the point of it all' is to lose to a strong schedule - the point is to excel regardless of schedule.

Golden Eagle
February 4th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Also - what is the point of a tough schedule when you can't compete? I don't think 'the point of it all' is to lose to a strong schedule - the point is to excel regardless of schedule.

In VMI's case, I'd say they subscribe to the "not because it is easy, but because it is hard" theory of scheduling. I suppose it builds character to play the toughest competition week in and week out like that.

rokamortis
February 4th, 2006, 07:56 PM
In VMI's case, I'd say they subscribe to the "not because it is easy, but because it is hard" theory of scheduling. I suppose it builds character to play the toughest competition week in and week out like that.

I don't know about all of that. Didn't they join the Big South because they wanted a better chance at winning?

CoastalFan2005
February 4th, 2006, 08:04 PM
From an inside source (as well as some compilation using other school's schedules, as well as sources if their schedule is unannounced), I bring to you what I believe to be the Coastal Carolina 2006 Football schedule.

Sept. 2: vs. Elon
Sept. 9: @ Wofford?
Sept. 16: @ Georgia Southern
Sept. 23: vs. SC State
Sept. 30: @ Winston-Salem State University
Oct. 7: vs. Furman
Oct. 14: @ VMI*
Oct. 21: BYE Weekend?
Oct. 28: VS. LIBERTY*
Nov. 4: vs. Savannah State
Nov. 11: @ GARDNER WEBB*?
Nov. 18: VS. CHARLESTON SOUTHERN*

The reason that Wofford, the BYE, and GWU have ?'s beside them is because I have not been able to confirm these three dates. The Wofford game is rumored to be on Sept. 9; the BYE and GWU, I couldn't find any info.

Thankfully, 2006 is also our last year playing SSU. I think we'll be glad to be out of that contract. WSSU is not D-II, as they are I-AA Transitional this year, I believe. This eliminates D-IIs from our schedule.

Should be a great season! Seeing as we're losing 35-or-so seniors after this year, next year might be a little :o . But we'll have to wait and see...GO CHANTS!

rokamortis
February 4th, 2006, 08:10 PM
I think you are correct CF2005, I've heard that what you have is the schedule. .

TheValleyRaider
February 4th, 2006, 09:04 PM
One game you will lose :D

*cough cough* Charleston Southern *cough* ;)

rokamortis
February 4th, 2006, 09:55 PM
*cough cough* Charleston Southern *cough* ;)

Unfortunately, that is a good point.

I believe most CCU fans share the outlook of 'one game at a time'.