League/Overall

Colgate 1-0/2-2
Georgetown 2-1/3-2
Holy Cross 1-1/2-3
Lehigh 0-0/2-2
Bucknell 0-0/0-4
Fordham 0-1/2-3
Lafayette 0-1/0-4

*Pick ‘em includes Fordham in League standings without regard to Patriot League eligibility rules.

Go...gate
October 2nd, 2010, 09:04 PM
7 - 16. My goodness.

carney2
October 3rd, 2010, 02:37 PM
LAFAYETTE @ Columbia
Columbia. It’s official – this is a bad Leopard team.

FORDHAM @ LEHIGH
Lehigh. What have football scholarships wrought?

Wagner @ GEORGETOWN
Wagner. Still no confidence in the Hoyas.

Brown @ HOLY CROSS
Brown. The ‘saders have done nothing to inspire a pick.

COLGATE @ Princeton
Colgate. Can any of these schools win an OOC?

Penn @ BUCKNELL
Penn. Hide the women and children.

19-8 (70%)

jimbo65
October 4th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Lions gnaw Leopards.

Rams shat on by Hawks

SeaHawks soar over Hoya Paranoia

Crusaders win war over heathen Ivies

Raiders big time

Nells remain on course for an 0fer season.

Pard4Life
October 4th, 2010, 08:39 AM
If Princeton manages to beat Colgate, the 2010 Patriot League Champion, which is possible given their flukey series, we really are a terrible league.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 4th, 2010, 10:45 AM
If Princeton manages to beat Colgate, the 2010 Patriot League Champion, which is possible given their flukey series, we really are a terrible league.

I'm already there. Cornell, who thumped Bucknell last week, might not win another game all year.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Given the very long history (87 games played since 1883), it should be a nice draw in Lewisburg later this year to watch the Bison pummel the Pards.

Ivytalk
October 4th, 2010, 11:06 AM
LAFAYETTE @ Columbia
Columbia. It’s official – this is a bad Leopard team.

FORDHAM @ LEHIGH
Lehigh. What have football scholarships wrought?

Wagner @ GEORGETOWN
Wagner. Still no confidence in the Hoyas.

Brown @ HOLY CROSS
Brown. The ‘saders have done nothing to inspire a pick.

COLGATE @ Princeton
Colgate. Can any of these schools win an OOC?

Penn @ BUCKNELL
Penn. Hide the women and children.

19-8 (70%)

I agree with these picks.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2010, 11:33 AM
I agree with these picks.

I agree as well except I think Georgetown wins at home. Hoya fans have to love their team this season - and they'll support their team at home - particularly since none of them have any idea whether this is a non-conference game or not; they have no idea who is in the Patriot. If I were them, I wouldn't care either. Winning is good.

danefan
October 4th, 2010, 11:48 AM
As an NEC fan, I'm not sure what to think of the Wagner/Gtown game.

Wagner lost to Assumption, rolled Cornell, lost to a very good RMU team and beat a very good (or at least I thought they were good) Bryant team. They are a very hard team to guage.

CFBfan
October 4th, 2010, 11:53 AM
I agree as well except I think Georgetown wins at home. Hoya fans have to love their team this season - and they'll support their team at home - particularly since none of them have any idea whether this is a non-conference game or not; they have no idea who is in the Patriot. If I were them, I wouldn't care either. Winning is good.

i don't get the humore here bogus?? but i do agree with your prediction!

aceinthehole
October 4th, 2010, 11:58 AM
As an NEC fan, I'm not sure what to think of the Wagner/Gtown game.

Wagner lost to Assumption, rolled Cornell, lost to a very good RMU team and beat a very good (or at least I thought they were good) Bryant team. They are a very hard team to guage.

I don't know what to think of Wagner overall, but I know Dorcher can win games for them.

Also, don't forget Fordham also lost to D-II Assumption (and Bryant), but has decent wins over URI and Columbia. I wouldn't let Wagner's opening day loss factor too much.

I have Wagner winning this one, and who knows what happens to G-town if they do lose, because Sacred Heart plays a lot better than their record.

DFW HOYA
October 4th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Given the very long history (87 games played since 1883), it should be a nice draw in Lewisburg later this year to watch the Bison pummel the Pards.

On a related topic, did anyone see the attendance figure at Colgate last week? Only 6,687 at Homecoming, following the game at Syracuse? Seems like a very low number.

I have Wagner winning this one, and who knows what happens to G-town if they do lose, because Sacred Heart plays a lot better than their record.

Sounds like you had the Hoyas picked for 1-10.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Having the good fortune to watch Georgetown in person this year, I can say that the Hoyas are fast and very smart but not man-handlingly big. I haven't seen Wagner play but looking at their two-deep, it doesn't seem like Georgetown will get out-muscled like they were in Hamilton. Wagner has some fine skill players that Georgetown will focus on, but Wagner will get some yards. This will be a high scoring game that will feature some chance-taking and probably a couple of big play turnovers. A full house at Georgetown will help throughout the game.

I don't know anything about any possible Hoya injuries fro the Colgate game; they could make a difference. But I like the Hoyas here - more than anything because I just like how they're playing as a cohesive team that has a shot at a playoff spot.

DFW HOYA
October 4th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Having the good fortune to watch Georgetown in person this year, I can say that the Hoyas are fast and very smart but not man-handlingly big.

The Hoyas don't get the bigger line recruits because they don't have the aid to compete with schools that put a premium on linemen. Maybe Colgate does.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2010, 12:37 PM
The Hoyas don't get the bigger line recruits because they don't have the aid to compete with schools that put a premium on linemen. Maybe Colgate does.

True, but I was thinking more of the LBs, RBs and receivers and DBs. I was watching Harvard this weekend and they were just much bigger and more athletic at every position. Up front on the OL, Georgetown is much bigger than I can recall in prior years.

ngineer
October 4th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Having the good fortune to watch Georgetown in person this year, I can say that the Hoyas are fast and very smart but not man-handlingly big. I haven't seen Wagner play but looking at their two-deep, it doesn't seem like Georgetown will get out-muscled like they were in Hamilton. Wagner has some fine skill players that Georgetown will focus on, but Wagner will get some yards. This will be a high scoring game that will feature some chance-taking and probably a couple of big play turnovers. A full house at Georgetown will help throughout the game.

I don't know anything about any possible Hoya injuries fro the Colgate game; they could make a difference. But I like the Hoyas here - more than anything because I just like how they're playing as a cohesive team that has a shot at a playoff spot.

Didn't I see something where Darby was hurt, or did he come back into the game. Without him, I don't see the Hoyas pulling it out. With him, I see a very close, high-scoring game and would go with the G-men because of home parcel advantage.

ngineer
October 4th, 2010, 03:59 PM
From what I'm reading, the 'pards are in dire straights and will be running into a rejuvenated pride of Lions. Gonna go with those with the fine "wein", Columbia 24-17.

I'm going with the Hoyas on their home lot. Despite loss at Colgate, they can still see the potential for a great turn-around season and need a win here to get toward that goal. Georgetown 38-34.

Holy Cross can't 'bear it' with the Bruins. Brown 27-17

Princeton hard to figure with their up and down season. Colgate hard to figure with their up and down season. I'm going with the ground game v. the scrambler despite the game in Old Nassau. Colgate 24-21.

Could be a trap game for the Quakers before going into IL play. 'nell is reeling and they better start jammin' or it could be an o-fer season. While I could try and call the upset, even with Penn not focused, I still see them winning, but by a closer margin than we expect. Pennsylvania 22-21.

Lehigh gets to strap it back on after a week of wound-licking. No idea how the casualties from New Hampshire have or have not recovered. Fordham is a tricky team. Beat a good URI team and the 'up and coming' Columbians; but also have gone 'ewe' at times. At home, I'm going with the Mountain Hawks. Lum comes back as the starter and makes his case. Lehigh 30-17.

Record to date: 21-6.

TheValleyRaider
October 4th, 2010, 06:56 PM
3-1 last week, 16-11 on the season, let's keep this hot streak going...

Lafayette at Columbia Columbia Cat fight! Columbia continues to improve as a program (if ever so slightly), while the Leopards seem to be struggling to put it together. Confidence is a fickle thing, and right now, I have to ask if Lafayette has any. Or at least enough to beat the Lions. I'm rooting for it, but I really don't know...

Fordham at Lehigh Lehigh I think handing the PL title to Colgate is a bit premature at this point, and the Mountain Hawks are the reason why. Now I know, I haven't been high on their chances this year, but so far they haven't done anything unexpected at this point. At home, against Fordham who doesn't really look like a contender this time around (again), the Hawks get the job done. Now, if they drop the ball here, then we can talk about engraving the trophy, but I don't think that'll happen

Wagner at Georgetown Georgetown Hoyas came back to earth a bit this past week, but now they get to go home against an unpredictable NEC foe. If the Hoya offense can move the ball a bit and not let their defense tire, I think they've earned the benefit of the doubt from this Patriot League backer to pick them

Brown at Holy Cross Brown Crusaders found some semblance of an offense this time, putting up enough to win against Fordham. Still, they don't look like much more than middle-tier in the weak PL this season. Add that Brown appears to be an Ivy contender, and even in a good PL year, I'd have a hard time picking against Bruno

Colgate at Princeton Colgate I'd be lying if I told you that going to Princeton didn't raise some internal historical alarms. Still, I love the way the offense has been running the ball effectively (even against Syracuse), and as long as we can avoid mistakes, the Raiders will be able to pull away from the Tigers in the end

Pennsylvania at Bucknell Pennsylvania Much like the HC-Bruno matchup above, this would be a mismatch in most years. Getting hammered at home by Cornell doesn't really seem like the ideal tuneup for dealing with the defending IL champ Quakers. Maybe in basketball?

ColgateTD
October 5th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Columbia - Tigers ate the Leopards; Lions ate the Tigers; now it's the Lions' turn to eat the Leopards.
Lehigh - Home field should be just enough to get the Engine going.
Georgetown - Hoyas are not as bad as the Colgate score indicated; O-line is big and will have its way this time.
Brown - Ivy title contender too much for The Cross.
Penn - Another dreary Saturday for Bison fans.
Colgate - given the inability to predict what will happen in this rivalry, one could toss a coin. My coin landed in 'Gate's favor.

Bogus Megapardus
October 5th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Lafayette @ Columbia - This series dates back to 1889. Since then, the Lions have never won in Easton. But this game will be played up in the Spuyten Duyvil backwash, and the Pardsvillian Procrastinators are off to a . . . ummm . . . slow start. Columbia 28-13

Fordham @ Lehigh - A bye week primes the Pigeons for the not-ready-for-scholarship players. Lehigh 27-21

Wagner @ Georgetown - Once every century a team of destiny arri . . . . whatever. Georgetown 35-21

Brown @ Holy Cross - Bruno bucked the Cantabs who burned the Crusaders at the stake. Wanna-BEs get tangled in Ivy once more. Brown 24-27

Colgate @ Princeton - Slip a tenner to the kid behind Cottage Club to park, if you must. This is the Game of the Week around here. Colgate 27-20

Penn @ Bucknell - Ten Fun Things to do in Lewisburg? This ain't one of 'em. Penn 31-3

kDex86
October 6th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Columbia
Lehigh
Georgetown
Holy Cross
Colgate
Penn

Season so far: 18-9

jimbo65
October 6th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Well nobody, including me, picked Fordham. That likely means the Rams will win.

Bogus Megapardus
October 6th, 2010, 12:58 PM
What the oddsmakers think:

Harvard (-23) vs Cornell

Columbia (-7) vs Lafayette

Lehigh (-5.5) vs Fordham

Georgetown (-4) vs Wagner

Brown (-6) at Holy Cross

Colgate (-5.5) at Princeton

Penn (-18.5) at Bucknell

Yale (-2) at Dartmouth

Special bonus line (because they almost never set small northeastern DII school odds like this):

West Chester (-7) vs Shippensburg

Lehigh Football Nation
October 6th, 2010, 02:18 PM
The oddsmakers are getting better.

DJOM
October 6th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Colgate is coming into Princeton. Princeton will be fired up looking to avenge last week's loss.

Princeton takes this one.

Go...gate
October 6th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Colgate is coming into Princeton. Princeton will be fired up looking to avenge last week's loss.

Princeton takes this one.

That could definitely happen. A lot of surprises over the years in this nearly 100-year old series (first game 1911).

DJOM
October 6th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Hopefully it lives up to the excitement of last year's game, with a different final result.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 6th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Well nobody, including me, picked Fordham. That likely means the Rams will win.

Fordham has never beaten Lehigh at Goodman. In fact, they're 2-20 all time against the Mountain Hawks. This might be the Rams last shot to win at Lehigh for at least the foreseeable future.

ngineer
October 6th, 2010, 11:24 PM
What the oddsmakers think:

Harvard (-23) vs Cornell

Columbia (-7) vs Lafayette

Lehigh (-5.5) vs Fordham

Georgetown (-4) vs Wagner

Brown (-6) at Holy Cross

Colgate (-5.5) at Princeton

Penn (-18.5) at Bucknell

Yale (-2) at Dartmouth

Special bonus line (because they almost never set small northeastern DII school odds like this):

West Chester (-7) vs Shippensburg

Where do you find these? I wasn't aware Vegas was interested in our 'brand' of football??

DJOM
October 7th, 2010, 01:48 AM
"Our brand of football" Let's remember that 1% of all high school seniors who play high school football will ever play on a D1 football field and less than 1% of those will play pro football. I'll take the educational opportunities of a PL/Ivy League school any day over a 1% chance---but that's just me. That being said, may all the players stay healthy this weekend and may Princeton win.

carney2
October 7th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Fordham has never beaten Lehigh at Goodman. In fact, they're 2-20 all time against the Mountain Hawks. This might be the Rams last shot to win at Lehigh for at least the foreseeable future.

Could be a track meet with Fordham's 400 yds. per game offense and 385 yds. per game defense on the field.

LU65
October 7th, 2010, 07:56 AM
G'town 21 - Wagner 7
Expect another 3200+ high-energy fans to over-run Multi-Field complex (cap. 2500?) to see their boys return home from a 2-1 road trip. Some might say that Wagner doesn't travel well. They dropped their season opener to Assumption 21-9 and I bet, when pressed, can't recall their last win away from home. It came 49 weeks ago against Duquesne.

Brown 35 - Holy Cross 14
The crusaders finally get into double digits against good competition, having scored just 7 against UMass, 6 against Harvard, and 7 against G'town. But, they won't be able to match the fire power of Brown who, for those into comparative scores, beat the Crimson of Harvard by 15.

Colgate 28 - Princeton 17
The Tigers are licking their wounds after giving up nearly a thousand yards of offense in the past two weeks (521 to Columbia and 421 to Lafayette). Expect Eachus to lead the ground assault that leads to early scores and eats up the clock when needed late in the game.

Columbia 28 - Lafayette 24
After a disappointing opening game loss at home to Fordham, the Bears have out-scored their next two opponents, Towson and Princeton, 66 to 24. Now 2-1 and hitting their stride at home (they have yet to leave Manhattan), look for Columbia - with Penn on their mind (next week's opponent) - to wake-up late and secure this win in the 4th.

Penn 35 - Bucknell 7
Can't see the Bison cracking Penn's defense which held mighty Villanova to 13 first downs before losing to the Wildcats by 12 earlier this year.

Lehigh 31 - Fordham 21
Fordham has dropped decisions to Holy Cross and Assumption over the past two weeks by yielding both ground and time to balanced offensive schemes. You'd expect the Lehigh brain trust to take note and to employ a game play that promises to yield similar results. Lum and Pierce, both back on the field, inspire this team. The first of 5 meaningful games for the Mountain Hawks is still two weeks away.

UAalum72
October 7th, 2010, 08:34 AM
G'town 21 - Wagner 7
Some might say that Wagner doesn't travel well. They dropped their season opener to Assumption 21-9 and I bet, when pressed, can't recall their last win away from home. It came 49 weeks ago against Duquesne
Which gives the Seahawks an astounding road losing streak of ...two! Not much of a sample to call it a trend. They were 3-3 on the road last year.

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Where do you find these? I wasn't aware Vegas was interested in our 'brand' of football??

See your PM.

Fordham
October 7th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Could be a track meet with Fordham's 400 yds. per game offense and 385 yds. per game defense on the field.

we have a defense?

ColgateTD
October 7th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Columbia 28 - Lafayette 24
After a disappointing opening game loss at home to Fordham, the Bears have out-scored their next two opponents, Towson and Princeton, 66 to 24. Now 2-1 and hitting their stride at home (they have yet to leave Manhattan), look for Columbia - with Penn on their mind (next week's opponent) - to wake-up late and secure this win in the 4th.

I thought Columbia was the "Lions" not the "Bears" - has something changed?

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2010, 12:07 PM
I thought Columbia was the "Lions" not the "Bears" - has something changed?

Yes. Just look at the market. Awful.

LU65
October 7th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Ooops. Sorry, must have had Brown or the "market" on my mind.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Preview of Fordham vs. Lehigh is up:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/10/game-preview-fordham-at-lehigh-1092010.html

The Rams are an interesting team, who have lost two straight games at least in part due to defensive injuries. Two of those guys are listed as starting on Fordham's two-deep. Still, Lehigh will have to take a page out of the Assumption and Fordham playbooks to beat them.

RichH2
October 7th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Fordham has for the last 2-3 yrs played the bend and break D, Give up lots of yds followed by numerous scores. Their DC must be real proud. That said they do have the athletes to be better, just not this week , I hope.

As I am barely above .500 so far, I am looking to this week to start an upturn.

Lehigh over Fordhan with Pierce back pass D in the middle will improve. 34- 20

Brown over Cross HC has been porous, Bear O will score

Gate in a rout over Princeton
Penn in a rout over Bucknell\\

Best Ivy game Columbia- Pards Pards have some nice speed and skill kids on O but no QB. Ol shaky. I think Tavani will keep the ship from foundering this week and eke out a close win over Lions.

DerHoya
October 7th, 2010, 03:27 PM
It can’t get any worse. Can it?
Week 6:
LAFAYETTE @ Columbia
FORDHAM @ LEHIGH
Wagner @ GEORGETOWN
Brown @ HOLY CROSS
COLGATE @ Princeton
Penn @ BUCKNELL

Penn
Gate
Brown
Gtown
Lehigh
Laf

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Bumbling along at 15-12

Brown 31 Holy Cross 17
Penn 42 Bucknell 14
Colgate 42 Princeton 31
Wagner 24 Georgetown 14
Columbia 27 Lafayette 17, I'm not sold that Lafayette is THAT bad but i still can't pick 'em.
Lehigh 41 Fordham 24, death, taxes and Lehigh beating the Rams.

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Bumbling along at 15-12

Brown 31 Holy Cross 17
Penn 42 Bucknell 14
Colgate 42 Princeton 31
Wagner 24 Georgetown 14
Columbia 27 Lafayette 17, I'm not sold that Lafayette is THAT bad but i still can't pick 'em.
Lehigh 41 Fordham 24, death, taxes and Lehigh beating the Rams.

Wow - three teams scoring over 40 points. Has that ever happened before in the Ivy/Patriot pre-season?

Go...gate
October 7th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Columbia 22, Lafayette 16

Lehigh 34, Fordham 21

Georgetown 30, Wagner 28

Brown 17, Holy Cross 13

Princeton 24, Colgate 23

Penn 31, Bucknell 14

ColgateTD
October 8th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Yikes, Go..Gate! I hope you are using reverse psychology on that Colgate-Princeton game score and outcome. Is it *that* important to have a winning % in this contest??

Go...gate
October 8th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Yikes, Go..Gate! I hope you are using reverse psychology on that Colgate-Princeton game score and outcome. Is it *that* important to have a winning % in this contest??

In my lifetime, some good Colgate teams have been upset by some awful to mediocre Princeton squads and vice versa. Last year, Colgate was a much better club and Princeton nearly stole the game. I don't have a good feeling about this one.

Remise
October 8th, 2010, 12:31 PM
I, on the other hand, think that somewhere during the Syracuse game, not only Colgate's offense, but its defense, finally began to come together. Such "start slow, finish fast" melding of a team is, as you know, one of Biddle's hallmarks.

We shall see (if I can find the game online somewhere).

B.C. Milligan,
Blue Bird Diner '73

CrusaderBob
October 8th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Just as I was giving up on this, I run the table and get over .500 for the first time this year. Perhaps I should give up each week!

4 - 0 Last Week

15 - 12 for the Season

Lafayette @ Columbia - tough to figure both of these teams. Going with the home team. Columbia

Fordham @ Lehigh - tough to figure both of these teams. Going with the home team. Lehigh

Wagner @ Georgetown - tough to figure Wagner. Tough to figure Georgetown winning this many this early in the season. Going with the home team. Georgetown

Brown @ Holy Cross - not as tough to figure either of these teams. But I'm still going with the home team. It's hard to shake off fandom! Holy Cross

Colgate @ Princeton - not tough to figure either of these teams. Not going with the home team. Colgate

Penn @ Bucknell - not tough to figure either of these teams. Not going with the home team. Penn

I give up!!!

.... until next week! :)

Pard4Life
October 8th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Columbia 28, Lafayette 21 - Will anyone show effort?

Lehigh 35, Fordham 24 - Sigh.

Georgetown 31, Wagner 17 - Colgate was the only team they had no chance to win.

Brown 38, Holy Cross 14 - Do the Harvard math.

Colgate 20, Princeton 17 - Colgate wins another weird one. I was at last year's game and it was amazing Princeton snuffed out all of 'Gates plays.

Penn 38, Bucknell 10 - Bucknell better have bags of ice ready.

Last week 2-2, Season 16-11

Go...gate
October 8th, 2010, 01:28 PM
I, on the other hand, think that somewhere during the Syracuse game, not only Colgate's offense, but its defense, finally began to come together. Such "start slow, finish fast" melding of a team is, as you know, one of Biddle's hallmarks.

We shall see (if I can find the game online somewhere).

B.C. Milligan,
Blue Bird Diner '73

In my heart, I hope you are right!

colorless raider
October 8th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Pard4life:

Are you coing to the Colgate game tomorrow?

Bogus Megapardus
October 8th, 2010, 03:39 PM
TV Update - Columbia-Lafayette will be broadcast live on ESPN GamePlan (DirectTV 793, DISH Network 460) as well as ESPN3.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 8th, 2010, 03:44 PM
TV Update - Columbia-Lafayette will be broadcast live on ESPN GamePlan (DirectTV 793, DISH Network 460) as well as ESPN3.

Excellent. That means I will get highlights when I get back from Fordham/Lehigh. Can I be more clear: more PL games available on ESPN3, please. xhurrayx

Leopard Loyalist
October 8th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Columbia 28 Lafayette 27
Lehigh 34 Fordham 31
Georgetown 24 Wagner 21
Brown 34 Holy Cross 14
Colgate 35 Princeton 17
Penn 38 Bucknell 7

Lehigh Football Nation
October 9th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Just getting them in before heading to Goodman (nothing like being last-minute!):

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/10/week-six-football-predictions-1092010.html

I have Colgate upending Princeton. It's just a bad, bad matchup for the Tigers.

bluefish
October 9th, 2010, 10:04 AM
lions
rams
wags
bruins
raiders
quakers