PDA

View Full Version : UNH @ Maine

R3TRO
October 2nd, 2010, 12:40 PM
Can any Maine fans vouch for the video feed advertised on the athletics site for $7.95? Worth it or no? Is it a fixed point camera or does it follow the play?

smcwildcat
October 2nd, 2010, 01:08 PM
great question I was just going to ask....lets keep the musket in durham

R3TRO
October 2nd, 2010, 03:06 PM
Anyone?

dwtime
October 2nd, 2010, 04:29 PM
Go Cats!

dwtime
October 2nd, 2010, 04:37 PM
When is the game starting 6 PM?

OxSoxUNH05
October 2nd, 2010, 04:45 PM
Believe it does start at 6, if not a little bit after... certainly is different than the usual noon start. might have to get a pot of coffee going :D

dwtime
October 2nd, 2010, 05:08 PM
Nice return for UNH almost to the 50 yard line

dwtime
October 2nd, 2010, 05:10 PM
blocked punt Maine ball on the 38

OxSoxUNH05
October 2nd, 2010, 05:11 PM
2 man rush blocks a punt!? Line problems continue for UNH

dwtime
October 2nd, 2010, 05:13 PM
4th down for Maine on the 29 and they are going for it

dwtime
October 2nd, 2010, 05:13 PM
UNH stuffs Turcotte!

OxSoxUNH05
October 2nd, 2010, 05:14 PM
UNH stops the 4 down try.

dwtime
October 2nd, 2010, 05:16 PM
3 and out again for the UNH offense, once again some stellar play calling from the offensive coordinator

OxSoxUNH05
October 2nd, 2010, 05:17 PM
atleast they got the punt away this time.

dwtime
October 2nd, 2010, 05:17 PM
big pass play by Maine as they are back to the UNH 30

OxSoxUNH05
October 2nd, 2010, 05:22 PM
Defense now has come up with stops when needed. Now if the Offense can finally arrive in Orono

WrenFGun
October 2nd, 2010, 05:25 PM
Any thought on video quality?

OxSoxUNH05
October 2nd, 2010, 05:26 PM
I'm sticking with the UNH audio feed. Fox down to the 20 -21

dwtime
October 2nd, 2010, 05:28 PM
Tohman intercepted.

R3TRO
October 2nd, 2010, 05:46 PM
UNH offense looks good.. NOT... Does NOT look good.

dwtime
October 2nd, 2010, 05:52 PM
INT by UNH can we get something going please?

OxSoxUNH05
October 2nd, 2010, 05:55 PM
gutsy call on 4 and 2

OxSoxUNH05
October 2nd, 2010, 05:59 PM
another unh interception. The UNH offense needs to do something here.

R3TRO
October 2nd, 2010, 06:00 PM
STOP GIVING THE BALL TO JELLISON!!! DAMMIT!

Mattymc727
October 2nd, 2010, 06:52 PM
TD UNH....10-6 UNH

R3TRO
October 2nd, 2010, 06:56 PM
UNH's lack of a running game leads to that interception.

R3TRO
October 2nd, 2010, 07:00 PM
HUGE 4th down stop. Let's get in a rhythm here.

dwtime
October 2nd, 2010, 07:11 PM
Cullen fumbles Maine takes over that really hurt.......

R3TRO
October 2nd, 2010, 07:11 PM
Wow... :-\ This game makes me want to pull my hair out.

OxSoxUNH05
October 2nd, 2010, 07:12 PM
Defense is gonna have to step up. Again.

Mattymc727
October 2nd, 2010, 07:15 PM
unreal, this team cant help themselves out

R3TRO
October 2nd, 2010, 07:23 PM
This game is ugly.

OxSoxUNH05
October 2nd, 2010, 07:23 PM
Maine fumbles through the endzone touchback unh. Now get a drive put together!

Mattymc727
October 2nd, 2010, 07:25 PM
what happened on the drive? espn gamecast said Maine got 42 yards on a roughing the passer call....that doesnt make much sense.....

R3TRO
October 2nd, 2010, 07:43 PM
Looks like this game is destined for overtime.

R3TRO
October 2nd, 2010, 07:46 PM
Called it...

Mattymc727
October 2nd, 2010, 07:47 PM
how many timeouts do we have?

OxSoxUNH05
October 2nd, 2010, 07:49 PM
1 more for UNH

OxSoxUNH05
October 2nd, 2010, 07:51 PM
Cullen takes it inside the 20 to the 14 on a big pass play. Big kick coming up for unh.

R3TRO
October 2nd, 2010, 07:54 PM
Why????

dwtime
October 2nd, 2010, 07:54 PM
blocked of course

GoWildcats789
October 2nd, 2010, 07:55 PM
typical...

OxSoxUNH05
October 2nd, 2010, 07:56 PM
Overtime.. Sweet.

Mattymc727
October 2nd, 2010, 07:57 PM
there would be no recovering from a loss here

superman7515
October 2nd, 2010, 07:59 PM
I hate to agree, but a loss to Maine would have the fat lady warming up behind the curtain...

R3TRO
October 2nd, 2010, 08:00 PM
Andddddd they blow it.

GoWildcats789
Toman is so clutch....... INT in OT.

OxSoxUNH05
Toman picked off by Maine...
the Offense has left the Defense holding the bill.

R3TRO
October 2nd, 2010, 08:04 PM
Season over. Looks like all we can do is play the spoiler now...

UNHFootballAlum
October 2nd, 2010, 08:06 PM
you cannot win any game with 3 Int's, a fumble, blocked punt, and blocked FG. Give credit to the Defense for giving them a chance to win this game. Does anyone know if we won the coin toss in OT?

Mattymc727
absolute meltdown, this team has no grit, plenty of talent, but when it comes down to playing good teams... its lay down and crumble

OxSoxUNH05
Dropping games @ Rhody and @ Maine, There is no chance these guys drop only more game.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 2nd, 2010, 08:07 PM
It's mighty philanthropic of your Wildcats to give the CAA bottom dwellers a sweet taste of victory. First URI, now Maine, y'all should start practicing for Towson in your season closer.

UNHFootballAlum
October 2nd, 2010, 08:16 PM
This is not a bash Toman comment, however, Coach Mac needs to sit him down. He did some great things out there today, but they are all nullified with the INT's. Even last week with the Golden helmet Award, he threw 2 INT's. maybe if he sits for a week he will get a better understanding of what it means to take care of the ball. he is not the only one who had miscues today, but every week he has thrown at least 1 INT. At this point in his career and iin this season that is unacceptable.

NFLCB2
October 2nd, 2010, 08:17 PM
Finally the musket comes home!

WrenFGun
October 2nd, 2010, 08:18 PM
If this team wins a CAA game before Towson it will be a miracle.

I think the epitome of the game is that we scored 13 points despite 304 yards passing from Toman..

This team has the weakest psyche I've ever seen. Put them in crunch time over the last four years, GUARANTEED LOSS.

In games decided by 3 points or less:

2010: 0-2 (Maine in OT, Rhode Island)
2009: 1-1 (Lost to W&M on Homecoming, beat Maine)
2008: 0-1 (Lost to UNI in playoffs)
2007: 0-1 (Lost to UNI in playoffs)

They are 1-5 in the last four games that required significant closeness. The team panics anytime there is any pressure. It's embarrassing. Congrats to Maine.

WrenFGun
October 2nd, 2010, 08:19 PM
This is not a bash Toman comment, however, Coach Mac needs to sit him down. He did some great things out there today, but they are all nullified with the INT's. Even last week with the Golden helmet Award, he threw 2 INT's. maybe if he sits for a week he will get a better understanding of what it means to take care of the ball. he is not the only one who had miscues today, but every week he has thrown at least 1 INT. At this point in his career and iin this season that is unacceptable.

I think the coach needs to take a good look in the mirror and figure out why in the hell the team wets their pants anytime they're in a tight game.

UNHFootballAlum
October 2nd, 2010, 08:51 PM
I think the coach needs to take a good look in the mirror and figure out why in the hell the team wets their pants anytime they're in a tight game.

My point is as well as Toman threw the ball the last 2 weeks, he still threw 5 INT's. While this loss is NOT just on him, that trend needs to stop and one of the ways that that happens is to sit him down and let him watch someone else. Jellison also needs to sit down. He is giviing us nothing in the run game! Yes this team seems to have issues when it is a close game and as much as it is the coaching it also goes to the team leaders..

R3TRO
October 2nd, 2010, 10:47 PM
My point is as well as Toman threw the ball the last 2 weeks, he still threw 5 INT's. While this loss is NOT just on him, that trend needs to stop and one of the ways that that happens is to sit him down and let him watch someone else. Jellison also needs to sit down. He is giviing us nothing in the run game! Yes this team seems to have issues when it is a close game and as much as it is the coaching it also goes to the team leaders..

Its kind of hard to look at the team leaders for motivation and guidance when Jackson is injured and not on the field, Toman throws more interceptions than touchdowns, and Jellison is two steps too slow with no change of direction ability. The latter two are struggling themselves, how are they going to motivate everyone else.

EmeryZach
October 2nd, 2010, 11:32 PM
Watch, now you guys will smoke us at Gillette.

WMTribe90
October 3rd, 2010, 12:18 AM
I'm at a loss to explain the URI loss, but Maine is a solid CAA team. Would have beatne WM last week had they ot hurt themselves with penalties. I'm guessing this won't be the last upset Maine pulls this year.

rcny46
October 3rd, 2010, 12:38 AM

Not likely if things don't start to change radically.

R3TRO
October 3rd, 2010, 01:38 AM

Doubtful.

EmeryZach
October 3rd, 2010, 03:28 PM
Not likely if things don't start to change radically.

You guys know that UMass starts getting complacent towards the middle of the season.

Maroon&White
October 3rd, 2010, 03:41 PM
You guys know that UMass starts getting complacent towards the middle of the season.

And everyone on here knows you are always negative about UMass :)

Not saying UNH won't beat UMass.

WrenFGun
October 3rd, 2010, 05:14 PM

I am saying UNH won't beat UMass.

EmeryZach
October 3rd, 2010, 07:33 PM

Shhhh..... You aren't supposed to tell them my evil plan. It's working!

UNH Fanboi
October 3rd, 2010, 09:10 PM
We're going to be the underdog every game until Towson, but I think we might steal a couple of games. Next week's game v. Richmond is definitely winnable. Our defense is still very good and Richmond's offense is not good at all. We just need our offense to show some spark and protect the ball.

crusader11
October 3rd, 2010, 09:37 PM
Decker time.

R3TRO
October 4th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Decker time.

Right on cue.

And, honestly, I hope it is! There needs to be some change.

dwtime
October 5th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Decker time.

It won't happen but we all know it should. Tohman = Lame duck QB.

UNH Fanboi
October 5th, 2010, 11:06 AM
The problem is that Toman leads the CAA in total passing yards and has a completion percentage of 66%. And he's probably better than all of the QBs in the CAA except for Devlin. But Havens, Whitney, Dudzik, etc. are winning games and Toman is not because they have excellent O-lines and running games to pick up the slack. UNH is 2-3 right now because their running game and o-line suck balls against CAA level competition. I'm not absolving Toman from responsibility (he has way too many INTs for example), but he is being unfairly scapegoated yet again. Part of the reason he has so many INTs is because we simply cannot pick up first downs on the ground against good competition. So defenses know that we'll be passing and Toman is forced to throw passes with defenses in his face to a receiving corps that, except for Fox, is not that good.

All that being said, I am in favor of seeing Decker start next week because Toman shares some responsibility for the losses because of his turnovers, and it might help the team psychologically to have a new leader. But I don't expect us to do much better on offense unless the o-line improves drastically and we can get some kind of running game going.

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 6th, 2010, 10:24 PM
The problem is that Toman leads the CAA in total passing yards and has a completion percentage of 66%. And he's probably better than all of the QBs in the CAA except for Devlin. But Havens, Whitney, Dudzik, etc. are winning games and Toman is not because they have excellent O-lines and running games to pick up the slack. UNH is 2-3 right now because their running game and o-line suck balls against CAA level competition. I'm not absolving Toman from responsibility (he has way too many INTs for example), but he is being unfairly scapegoated yet again. Part of the reason he has so many INTs is because we simply cannot pick up first downs on the ground against good competition. So defenses know that we'll be passing and Toman is forced to throw passes with defenses in his face to a receiving corps that, except for Fox, is not that good.

All that being said, I am in favor of seeing Decker start next week because Toman shares some responsibility for the losses because of his turnovers, and it might help the team psychologically to have a new leader. But I don't expect us to do much better on offense unless the o-line improves drastically and we can get some kind of running game going.

My goodness, leave the kid alone. You are barking up the wrong tree and you and your buddies have been for a while. Your quoted stats erode your argument entirely. In fact, your rationale is not unlike lobbying to have had Jerry Azumah during benched UNH's typical 4-7 years during his career! xchinscratchx Not his fault either.

UNHFootballAlum
October 6th, 2010, 10:48 PM
[QUOTE=VT Wildcat Fan53;1564571]My goodness, leave the kid alone. You are barking up the wrong tree and you and your buddies have been for a while. Your quoted stats erode your argument entirely. In fact, your rationale is not unlike lobbying to have had Jerry Azumah during benched UNH's typical 4-7 years during his career! xchinscratchx Not his fault either.[/QUOTE

Here is the reason that people are banging on Toman. He is a 5th year senior and 3rd year starter in this system and he is still making bad decisions with the ball. If he were a QB at any other school and throwing this many INT's at this point in the season and not taking care of the ball at critical situations, they would all be calling for a change at the position. His stats are nice, but I'd take less passing yardage in exchange for less INT's and better ball security by the QB. He must understand that he is the leader of the the team and fair or not he must lead by example on the field. The state of this team is not all of his fault, but he deserves to be criticized for his play.

MR. CHICKEN
October 7th, 2010, 12:21 AM
YA STATE YER O-LINE...IS UH SIEVE....&....SUPPORTIN' CAST....COODN'T PLAY FO' TOWSON/RHODEY...HE'S LED YA'S TA PLAY-OFFS...AN' WINS OVERAH....FBS'S....SOUNDS LIKE HE'S FORCED INTA MISTAKES...IFIN' UH PROVEN QB...CAIN'T GET DUH W'S.......WHAA SEND IN DUH CLOWNS...xconfusedx...AWK!!

UNH Fanboi
October 7th, 2010, 06:48 AM
My goodness, leave the kid alone. You are barking up the wrong tree and you and your buddies have been for a while. Your quoted stats erode your argument entirely. In fact, your rationale is not unlike lobbying to have had Jerry Azumah during benched UNH's typical 4-7 years during his career! xchinscratchx Not his fault either.

I'm one of the few people in here somewhat defending him.

smcwildcat
October 7th, 2010, 11:21 AM
does anyone ever understand what chicken is saying?? or am a lone?

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 7th, 2010, 12:04 PM

That time I understood him. I'm up to about 50% now. I think it takes a few years (Like 15)

R3TRO
October 7th, 2010, 06:57 PM

I usually skip his posts.. they hurt my head.

blukeys
October 7th, 2010, 07:45 PM

You New Englanders!!! No one can understand you when you talk and then you pick on a perfectly obvious post.

Ok for the last time. (I'm not getting paid to be the official Mr. Chicken Translator)

"You say your Oline stinks and the supporting cast could not play for Towson or Rhode Island. Toman has led UNH to the playoffs and to wins over FBS teams. It would appear that the team's weaknesses are forcing Toman into errors. If you can't win with Toman what makes you think you can win with the inexperienced backup"

Now this is all perfectly obvious and I have had 3 JD's on the rocks. As I said on another thread, If you don't understand Mr. Chicken, It is obvious you aren't drinking enough.

crusader11
October 7th, 2010, 07:55 PM
As I said on another thread, If you don't understand Mr. Chicken, It is obvious you aren't drinking enough.

I wish I was as cool as you are.

WrenFGun
October 8th, 2010, 07:42 AM

It's the particular interceptions that frustrate me. Both of his interceptions against Lehigh at home were prayers off of his back foot. His interception in OT against Maine was of the same variety. You guessed it, his interception against Rhode Island was off of his back foot where he overthrew his TE (most excusable, IMO). I don't care how many yards you throw for if you can't keep the ball. His TD/INT ratio right now is nearly 1:1. Toman's not terrible, but Decker deserves a shot.