PDA

View Full Version : Delaware - James Madison

superman7515
October 2nd, 2010, 11:16 AM
JMU goes three and out... Delaware picks up a first down and then a late hit by JMU doesn't get called but knocks Devlin out of the game... JMU fumbles the punt and UD recovers on the five... And here we are, 1st & Goal from the five...

Dblue
October 2nd, 2010, 11:16 AM
Muff on the punt......Karma.

Fear the Bird
October 2nd, 2010, 11:18 AM
Trevor Sasek looks scared - huge offside on 3rd & goal

VUCats02
Delaware's offense is looking really shaky without Devlin. Hopefully his injury isn't too serious.

superman7515
Delaware can't move the ball at all with Devlin out... Naugle drops a td pass.. then Sasek fumbles twice in a row... JMU ball.

Fear the Bird
October 2nd, 2010, 11:19 AM
Back to back fumbles by Sasek - JMU recovers on 19

How was the hit on Devlin not flagged

Ud1Hens
October 2nd, 2010, 11:20 AM
F'in bull...late hit, Devlin in the locker room.

This game looks over if he cant return

superman7515
October 2nd, 2010, 11:23 AM
JMU misses the field goal... 6:45 in 1st and still 0-0

GaSouthern
October 2nd, 2010, 11:25 AM
I'm sad I can't watch this game on TV down here in Georgia :(

superman7515
October 2nd, 2010, 11:28 AM
Another Sasek fumble and he recovers... Geez kid...

Fear the Bird
October 2nd, 2010, 11:29 AM
Sasek drops the ball again - JMU defense is scary but come on Trevor

superman7515
October 2nd, 2010, 11:29 AM
Three and out again... Had all day but couldn't complete the pass after not setting his feet and trying to dump a short out... Devlin better come back or this one is done.

blukeys
October 2nd, 2010, 11:33 AM
Devlin was knocked out of the game due to a cheap shot, late hit by D.J. Bryant. Bryant tackled Devlin and threw Devlin to the ground after Devlin had given the ball to Pierce.

JMU defensive players were quoted in a local paper this week as intending to knock Devlin out of the ball game. Nice sportmanship.

Fear the Bird
October 2nd, 2010, 11:35 AM
Well in Bryant's defense it looked like possible play action - but it's the way he hit him in pile drive fashion that should have been flagged

Dblue
October 2nd, 2010, 11:35 AM
Nice play by Bratton....

superman7515
October 2nd, 2010, 11:39 AM
Well in Bryant's defense it looked like possible play action - but it's the way he hit him in pile drive fashion that should have been flagged

He didn't hit him in pile drive fashion. He didn't turn him upside down and drop him straight down onto his head. If anything it was more like a high school wrestling belly-to-back suplex.

Nebuta
October 2nd, 2010, 11:41 AM
Solid drive by UD and the back up.

superman7515
October 2nd, 2010, 11:43 AM
2nd & 17 isn't really solid... Haha. Only one completion for Sasek in the 1st quarter, but he kept the drive alive with that and a 6 yard run on 2nd & 8. Now they're moving in the wrong direction.

GaSouthern
October 2nd, 2010, 11:45 AM
Anyone who wants to watch the game click here...

http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-ncaa-college-sports.php?w=12

Nebuta
October 2nd, 2010, 11:45 AM
Yeah, it looked pretty bad. Suprised there wasnt a flag after the dirty play..

blukeys
October 2nd, 2010, 11:46 AM
Anyone who wants to watch the game click here...

http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-ncaa-college-sports.php?w=12

Ga Southern I am doing just that. Thanks.

GaSouthern
October 2nd, 2010, 11:47 AM
I HATE thundersticks!

superman7515
October 2nd, 2010, 11:49 AM
2nd goal from the 1... Touchdown Sasek...

Nebuta
October 2nd, 2010, 11:49 AM
Which would be a bigger upset? VT losing to JMU.. JMU losing to a backup QB?

T-Dog
October 2nd, 2010, 11:50 AM
I HATE thundersticks!

Ditto. App does them for Black Saturday and even though they're loud, they discourage actual screaming.

Fear the Bird
October 2nd, 2010, 11:51 AM
Which would be a bigger upset? VT losing to JMU.. JMU losing to a backup QB?

Gotta be VT - Delaware's defense looks strong and JMU's offense still not clicking this year - Sasek can make a few plays and that may be all it takes in this defensive battle

Dblue
October 2nd, 2010, 11:51 AM
Wow, Sasek looks like Ryan Madson....must be the haircut.

Nebuta
October 2nd, 2010, 11:54 AM
Ouch. Devlin out for the ball game after the DDT by Jake the Snake Roberts of JMU.

CaliHen
October 2nd, 2010, 11:55 AM
Unbelievable that the late hit on devlin wasn't flagged. It never ceases to amaze me how awful FCS officiating can be sometimes (well, all officiating for that matter)...

Ud1Hens
October 2nd, 2010, 11:55 AM
Devlin will NOT return

blukeys
October 2nd, 2010, 11:56 AM
JMU homer announcers are reporting that Devlin is done for the day. Looks like the JMU thuggery is rewarded.

superman7515
October 2nd, 2010, 11:57 AM
47 yard run for JMU... Now 3rd & Goal and Anthony Walters is down...

superman7515
October 2nd, 2010, 11:59 AM
Stopped him at the 1 yard line... 4th & goal...

Nebuta
October 2nd, 2010, 12:02 PM
7-7.

superman7515
October 2nd, 2010, 12:02 PM
Touchdown JMU

blukeys
October 2nd, 2010, 12:04 PM
Delaware is reporting that Devlin has a concussion due to the incredible cheap shot by DJ Bryant of the JMU "knock Devlin out of the game crew".

superman7515
October 2nd, 2010, 12:06 PM
And a blatant facemask should tack on 15 there... Plenty of guys trying to start fights today... A real old school Pier 6 brawl game.

Nebuta
October 2nd, 2010, 12:10 PM
JMU homer announcers are reporting that Devlin is done for the day. Looks like the JMU thuggery is rewarded.

Yeah, the JMU announcers are drinking purple kool-aid.

superman7515
October 2nd, 2010, 12:20 PM
JMU kicks a field goal...

Delaware - 7
JMU - 10

:59 left in the 2nd

VUCats02
October 2nd, 2010, 12:22 PM
Pretty decent game so far. Devlin has a slight concussion so is out for the game. JMU has got to be favored to win the game now, but it would be huge if delaware could sneak away with a win at JMU without Devlin.

T-Dog
October 2nd, 2010, 12:23 PM
The crowd is dead. This is why noon games suck.

T-Dog
October 2nd, 2010, 12:30 PM
Video of the Delvin injury.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyierB_iGHA

rufus
October 2nd, 2010, 12:31 PM
The crowd is dead. This is why noon games suck.

And it's parent's weekend. Noon game + sober students = quiet stadium.

Nebuta
October 2nd, 2010, 12:32 PM
Video of the Delvin injury.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyierB_iGHA

thanks for the video link. How many seconds was that after the hand off.

blukeys
October 2nd, 2010, 12:34 PM
Pretty decent game so far. Devlin has a slight concussion so is out for the game. JMU has got to be favored to win the game now, but it would be huge if delaware could sneak away with a win at JMU without Devlin.

Based on comments by the JMU announcers, JMU defenders had as their game plan to knock Devlin out of the ball game. This was reported in a local Harrisonburg paper. Keeler attempted to raise a stink about this.

Devlin was hit and tackled AFTER he handed the ball off to Pierce on a running play. With his back to the defender and not having the ball Devlin was slung to the ground by DJ Bryant. He landed on his head. No penalty was called because the play had progressed well past Devlin. Everyone, including the annoncers, referees etc. were following Pierce and not Devlin (although not Bryant)

In the JMU video feed you could see the thuggery on the far left of your screen.

I was able to see it because the Hens' audio is well in advance of the JMU video feed.

It looks as if Matthews has his own bounty game going on.

VUCats02
October 2nd, 2010, 12:38 PM
Well regardless, looks like both Delaware and Nova will have to try to win in Virginia today without their best player.

VUCats02
October 2nd, 2010, 12:41 PM
Keeler was just interviewed on the comcast tv feed and said he really wants to see hit-on-Devlin play on tape.

Fear the Bird
October 2nd, 2010, 12:48 PM
Cheap shot aside, this JMU defense is impressive as advertised - although when you can stack 9 in the box to stop Pierce, going to be near impossible to run on anybody

Fear the Bird
October 2nd, 2010, 12:48 PM
Absolutely crushing momentum

UD takes opening kickoff to JMU 40 and goes 3 and out gaining only a yard

superman7515
October 2nd, 2010, 12:49 PM
Sasek is playing like garbage. Just did his best Donovan McNabb impression, 5 yard pass right to the guys feet and it one hops to home plate.

VUCats02
October 2nd, 2010, 12:51 PM
Just did his best Donovan McNabb impression, 5 yard pass right to the guys feet and it one hops to home plate.

hahahaha

Nebuta
October 2nd, 2010, 12:52 PM
UDs O needs to quit with the 3 and outs. Because eventually the Defense will get worn out being on the field soo much.

Fear the Bird
October 2nd, 2010, 12:55 PM
These announcers are brutal

straightshooter
October 2nd, 2010, 12:55 PM
To be honest, both teams look big but slow.

Side Judge
October 2nd, 2010, 12:57 PM
UDs O needs to quit with the 3 and outs. Because eventually the Defense will get worn out being on the field soo much.

Well, that and daHenz won't score, which means they'll lose.

Nebuta
October 2nd, 2010, 12:58 PM
To be honest, both teams look big but slow.

Yeah like both teams are playing in the mud. UD has fat uglies while JMU supposedly has speed

Fear the Bird
October 2nd, 2010, 01:03 PM
JMU absolutely beating themselves right now with the penalties but a few nice throws from Sasek

Fear the Bird
October 2nd, 2010, 01:06 PM
Sasek with a TERRIBLE decision to force the ball into the endzone with the field goal to tie in play...interception JMU

Nebuta
October 2nd, 2010, 01:07 PM
INT JMU. Good stop.

blukeys
October 2nd, 2010, 01:09 PM
Sasek with a TERRIBLE decision to force the ball into the endzone with the field goal to tie in play...interception JMU

Agreed but with the JMU thuggery, Devlin who makes great decisions is not available.

Fear the Bird
October 2nd, 2010, 01:11 PM
Agreed but with the JMU thuggery, Devlin who makes great decisions is not available.

Doesn't matter who QB is - that's on Keeler - you run the ball and set up the field goal on third and goal outside the 10

Nebuta
October 2nd, 2010, 01:11 PM
Good stop UD. Seeing alot of hands of the hips by the UD defense as they come off the field.

Nebuta
October 2nd, 2010, 01:13 PM
UD moving the balll with the pass. Although, some of the passes have been brutal

Fear the Bird
October 2nd, 2010, 01:18 PM
These announcers are brutal

For you hockey fans out there, the announcers just let us know the fourth PERIOD is about to start

10-7 JMU, UD with a 4th and long at the 30 - do they kick the bomb field goal?

blukeys
October 2nd, 2010, 01:18 PM
UD moving the balll with the pass. Although, some of the passes have been brutal

Sasek is not Devlin. This is not a knock on Sasek. It is simply reality.

superman7515
October 2nd, 2010, 01:19 PM
10 - 10 with 14:56 in the 4th

Fear the Bird
October 2nd, 2010, 01:19 PM
47 yard field goal is good 10-10 just starting the 4th

blukeys
October 2nd, 2010, 01:20 PM
10-10. Kudos to Perry.

Nebuta
October 2nd, 2010, 01:20 PM
10-10 Good kick. UD needed that drive to get some rest for the Defense.

superman7515
October 2nd, 2010, 01:23 PM
Crack block... still playing dirty... this is a good old school game.

blukeys
October 2nd, 2010, 01:25 PM
Playing dirty is what JMU does best.

T-Dog
October 2nd, 2010, 01:26 PM
I was thinking before this game that the winner could be #1, but after what I've seen so far I'm not sure.

The JMU announcers just called the play clock the shot clock.

Nebuta
October 2nd, 2010, 01:27 PM
JMU needs to play this over the loud speaker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kaej4Wjkj1Q

VUCats02
October 2nd, 2010, 01:27 PM
This is a very, very ugly game offensively

CaliHen
October 2nd, 2010, 01:32 PM
UD is up double digits right now with Devlin in the game IMHO. No matter what the outcome here, I like UD's chances if they meet JMU again later in the year...

Nebuta
October 2nd, 2010, 01:33 PM
UD is up double digits right now with Devlin in the game IMHO. No matter what the outcome here, I like UD's chances if they meet JMU again later in the year...

Yeah, have to agree. JMU wouldnt be stacking 8 in the box all day. Totally different game with Sasek in there. No disrepect to the young backup.

Nebuta
October 2nd, 2010, 01:36 PM
Have to admire the effort by the UD defense to keeping this at 10s. JMU defense looks good as well.

Nebuta
October 2nd, 2010, 01:42 PM
UD OL is giving the kid all day.

GtFllsGriz
October 2nd, 2010, 01:44 PM
We need the CAA officials in our conference. With the late hits, and helmet to helmet hits going on both teams would have hundreds of yards in penalties...and one less player on JMU team for the excessive play on the QB. Fun game to watch though. Tough D

Nebuta
October 2nd, 2010, 01:45 PM
Wow, dominant performance by UD OL. Just running the ball. Looking to get the final score.

yosef1969
October 2nd, 2010, 01:45 PM
First down minute and half to go. Ball on 15 of JMu

blukeys
October 2nd, 2010, 01:48 PM
JMU knew they had zero chance in this game with a healthy Devlin so they sent designated thug JD Bryant to take Devlin out. Anyone objective observer who sees Devlin handing the ball off and then watching thug Bryant throwing Devlin to the ground can see this.

JMU is a total disgusting thug operation. They had a strategy of taking out a Payton award candidate and they did it. I have never seen such a strategy by what I thought were otherwise honorable people. JMU folks are dog dirt in my view.

Nebuta
October 2nd, 2010, 01:50 PM
Chip Shot to go, with 5 seconds remaining. UD kicking for the win.

superman7515
October 2nd, 2010, 01:50 PM
FG Delaware

Delaware 13
JMU 10

Less than 5 seconds to go

yosef1969
October 2nd, 2010, 01:52 PM
3 secs left. JMU have a Scottie McGee still in the bag of tricks?

VUCats02
October 2nd, 2010, 01:54 PM
Congrats UD. Great to get that win on the road without Devlin.

superman7515
October 2nd, 2010, 01:54 PM
Final score...

#5 Delaware : 13
#3 JMU : 10

CaliHen
October 2nd, 2010, 01:55 PM
REALLY impressive win for the hens on the road with their back-up QB.

Jackman
October 2nd, 2010, 01:56 PM
Congrats to Delaware for winning a hard fought, physical game. This would be an interesting rematch in the playoffs. Didn't look too friendly on the field after the clock expired.

GtFllsGriz
October 2nd, 2010, 01:57 PM
Congrats Delaware. Nice job getting it done with young QB under those circumstances. Nice "near" brawl at the end. very exciting.

caribbeanhen
October 2nd, 2010, 02:00 PM
Congrats Delaware. Nice job getting it done with young QB under those circumstances. Nice "near" brawl at the end. very exciting.

I dont think the coaches got to shake hands...what a shame.xlolx

JMU got what they deserved

blukeys
October 2nd, 2010, 02:02 PM
Delaware defeats the disgustingly dirty JMU Dukes. The JMU defense bragged in a Harrisonburg paper how they were going to "knock out" Devlin. Well the Cheap artists of JMU lost this game 13-10.

The JMU Dukes are a group of dirty cheap shot artists. Anyone who sees the video of JD Bryant knows this.

Will MM actually coach his team to not take cheap shots at those who threaten his visor. I think not. It is very apparent that MM is more than willing to coach kids to take out whoever threatens JMU. This includes a kid who has NFL potential.

Any really honest JMU fan should be ashamed at the obvious attempt to injure Pat Devlin.

The videos are out there. JMU decided to wreck Pat Devlin.

I hope MM is happy.

Fear the Bird
October 2nd, 2010, 02:09 PM
I was thinking before this game that the winner could be #1, but after what I've seen so far I'm not sure.

What exactly about UD's performance were you not impressed with?

rufus
October 2nd, 2010, 02:12 PM
What exactly about UD's performance were you not impressed with?

How about the fact that you allowed 10 points to a below average high school offense?

Fear the Bird
October 2nd, 2010, 02:13 PM
How about the fact that you allowed 10 points to a below average high school offense?

10 points is significant?

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 2nd, 2010, 02:13 PM
Good game Hens. Well executed game by your Offense and outstanding performance by that QB, once he got settled in. Really hope we can shore up those penalties and offensive woes and see you guys again in the playoffs!

rufus
October 2nd, 2010, 02:14 PM
10 points is significant?

No one in the CAA should allow a field goal against JMU. That is one of the worst offenses in college football history.

Fear the Bird
October 2nd, 2010, 02:16 PM
No one in the CAA should allow a field goal against JMU. That is one of the worst offenses in college football history.

What a bitter sore loser - that's just ridiculous

rufus
October 2nd, 2010, 02:21 PM
What a bitter sore loser - that's just ridiculous

I'm not a sore loser at all. Our offense is honestly the worst I've ever seen in my years watching college football. Chill out man.

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 2nd, 2010, 02:25 PM
Disagree. Conservative offense play calling is not a horrible offense. The problem is penalties. WAY to many of them. You cannot keep putting yourself in 3rd and 22 situations. That was the difference breaker in this game. JMU offensive penalties vs Delaware's. We made mistakes and they capitalized on them. Also remember we currently only have 1 active QB not in RS. We have to protect him. Your going to see conservative play calling when Delaware is getting pressure on him when he steps back to pass.

caribbeanhen
October 2nd, 2010, 02:27 PM
Rufus the Dufus

VUCats02
October 2nd, 2010, 02:28 PM
You're completely overreacting rufus. Their offense is below average but it's not horrible. Both defenses looked really impressive, and the fact that Delaware could win without Devlin on the road was really impressive. If you want an example of a horrible offense, see JMU's offense last year when nova came to town.

blukeys
October 2nd, 2010, 02:29 PM
So far no comment by the JMU crew about the obvious attempt to injure Devlin. JMU has earned my enmity forever. UD beats JMU with a freshman QB.

JMU injures a UD QB who has NFL potential.

What a totally classless group of people. Would not JMU have some pride by beating UD with Devlin?

It is obvious JMU has zero honor. MM put a bounty on Devlin and Bryant responded.

UD is obviously superior to JMU. A backup QB beats the winners against VPI.

Spin this however you want it Dukey fans. Your team lost to a freshman QB. You are nothing but Dukey

Fear the Bird
October 2nd, 2010, 02:32 PM
We will have to assume that the JMU posters on this site who have a clue were actually at the game and have not yet posted anything

rufus
October 2nd, 2010, 02:32 PM
I guess I respectfully disagree. We run three plays and commit about 3 offensive penalties per possession. We don't run those three plays well. In my honest opinion, this offense is one of the worst I've ever seen.

For those who disagree with me, what did you see in that offense that impressed you?

Fear the Bird
October 2nd, 2010, 02:34 PM
I guess I respectfully disagree. We run three plays and commit about 3 offensive penalties per possession. We don't run those three plays well. In my honest opinion, this offense is one of the worst I've ever seen.

For those who disagree with me, what did you see in that offense that impressed you?

I don't think anyone was impressed with the offense, more saying that a 13-10 win at JMU with a backup QB should not be considered "less than impressive." Delaware's defense is still only giving up 6.2 points per game this year - I just think it's ridiculous to knock Delaware for giving up only 10 points...if JMU had scored 24 today I would be right on board with you

VUCats02
October 2nd, 2010, 02:34 PM
blukeys, those types of plays happen in EVERY football game. It was a dirty play but it happens all of the time. I'm not sure why you're so worked up about it. There wasn't even a penalty on the play. Yeah, there should have been, but c'mon, it's football and those kinds of plays happen. I can't remember the last football game where I haven't seen an unsportsmanlike penalty due to a dirty hit.

rufus
October 2nd, 2010, 02:35 PM
blukeys, those types of plays happen in EVERY football game. It was a dirty play but it happens all of the time. I'm not sure why you're so worked up about it. There wasn't even a penalty on the play. Yeah, there should have been, but c'mon, it's football and those kinds of plays happen. I can't remember the last football game where I haven't seen an unsportsmanlike penalty due to a dirty hit.

I agree with everything you just said.

Fear the Bird
October 2nd, 2010, 02:41 PM
Come on fellas those plays don't happen in every game

It was a standard handoff that sure sometimes the QB gets hit to ensure it isn't play action but he lifted him off the ground and suplexed him onto his head

blukeys
October 2nd, 2010, 02:42 PM

Hello your game plan was to take out Devlin by injury. You were successful due to your thug Bryant. It seems you did not succeed with plan B. Delaware shut down the popgun offense of JMU.

You lost to a team that had to replace a NFL prospect with a freshman. Get real and admit that Delaware is much better than JMU.

If not for the cheap shot by Bryant, JMU would have lost by more points than Richmond. JMU definitely has the personnel to deliver cheap shots. Too bad Drudzik can't complete a forward pass.

Jackman
October 2nd, 2010, 02:45 PM
When I looked at that play in my DVR, it looked much worse in slow motion than it did at full speed. Devlin absolutely had to be hit in case he was faking the handoff. It wasn't like he was throwing an overhand pass and the defender could tell that the ball was gone. Twisting and driving Devlin to the ground could have been flagged for excessive force, but that's it. That was not a hit worthy of kicking a player out of the game, and Devlin still would have been out. He could have been hurt even worse if the hit was square on and it would have been completely clean. Nobody blocked that guy and he ran straight to the point of the handoff.

Dukes_Bando
October 2nd, 2010, 02:45 PM
The better team won today, Hats off to the Blue Hens. Team has moxy and a great defense, good luck to you in the rest of your season, and a speedy recovery to Mr. Delvin.

Ud1Hens
October 2nd, 2010, 02:46 PM
I don't know why JMU waited until 3rd and long to throw the ball...everything else was short to the outside. They had a ton of success on 5 third downs with the pass. I thought they would go back to it

rufus
October 2nd, 2010, 02:57 PM
I don't know why JMU waited until 3rd and long to throw the ball...everything else was short to the outside. They had a ton of success on 5 third downs with the pass. I thought they would go back to it

You incorrectly assumed that JMU's offensive coaches were competent and rational.

Ud1Hens
October 2nd, 2010, 03:02 PM
UD plays with Devlin they win by 14 plus. We became one dimensional hence AP having a tough game.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 2nd, 2010, 03:04 PM
Here is the article in question:

www.dnronline.com/details.php?AID=50959&CHID=3

UncleSam
October 2nd, 2010, 03:30 PM
Agreed, it was a very late hit, but only the JMU player knows if it was an attempt to injure.

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 2nd, 2010, 03:31 PM
When I looked at that play in my DVR, it looked much worse in slow motion than it did at full speed. Devlin absolutely had to be hit in case he was faking the handoff. It wasn't like he was throwing an overhand pass and the defender could tell that the ball was gone. Twisting and driving Devlin to the ground could have been flagged for excessive force, but that's it. That was not a hit worthy of kicking a player out of the game, and Devlin still would have been out. He could have been hurt even worse if the hit was square on and it would have been completely clean. Nobody blocked that guy and he ran straight to the point of the handoff.

Agreed.

Maroon&White
October 2nd, 2010, 03:39 PM
Nothing dirty about that play. Bryant didn't know if Devlin still had the ball, he was just following his assignment. Devlin might want to try to brace himself next time he's being hit instead of just standing there. It didn't even look bad in slow-motion, never mind full speed.

umassfan
October 2nd, 2010, 03:52 PM
I agree... after watching the replay, the play does not look that bad. I think Delaware fans are overreacting because he was knocked out by the play. If he wasnt injured they would have no issue. xconfusedx

superman7515
October 2nd, 2010, 03:52 PM
Well let's just agree that once 'Nova bolts for the Big East we have a game to replace Delaware vs Villanova for the final game of the year. We can go from the Battle of the Blue to the Black & Blue Bowl. I didn't particulary like the hit on Devlin, it should have been flagged, but I'm not going to bad mouth an entire fan base. CAA has a lot of good football, a lot of passionate fans, and right now some people are just still hyped up from the game. Some people are letting pride in a good win go a little too far and some people are letting the bitter taste of a tough loss get them a little too much, but again, it's just because there's a lot of great fans for these schools. Good luck to Nova in the Big East, but I think we found our new season end rivalry game.

xnodx

Jaxhen
October 2nd, 2010, 05:18 PM
Nothing dirty about that play. Bryant didn't know if Devlin still had the ball, he was just following his assignment. Devlin might want to try to brace himself next time he's being hit instead of just standing there. It didn't even look bad in slow-motion, never mind full speed.

Hard to brace yourself though with a broken left wrist.

umassfan
October 2nd, 2010, 05:28 PM
Hard to brace yourself though with a broken left wrist.

And I guess that is JMUs fault also right?

Nebuta
October 2nd, 2010, 05:43 PM

Whoa, below average high school offense? Didnt JMU score 21 points on VT. You can put lipstick on a pig and make any excuse you want. Fact is JMU had a golden oppurtunity to pull a victory with Delvin out the ball game and didnt. JMU could have stopped UD at the end of the game, but the Defense couldnt get off the field the last 6and half minutes of the game. Face it, JMU lost to a back up. GL to both teams the rest of the season.

JMU2004
October 2nd, 2010, 07:20 PM
I knew it in the STANDS that UD fans would be on here *****ing.

It WAS a read option, and the DE followed his assignment. Your DE did the EXACT same thing to Dudzik in the 3rd quarter, and I will try to DVR it if the game is replayed. Dudzik CLEARLY pitched the ball, and your DE hit him and drove him 6yds back into the turf. ITS FOOTBALL....QBs get slammed on option plays.

Stop being *****es...take your victory AND keep on winning. Good Luck

rufus
October 2nd, 2010, 07:37 PM
Whoa, below average high school offense? Didnt JMU score 21 points on VT. You can put lipstick on a pig and make any excuse you want. Fact is JMU had a golden oppurtunity to pull a victory with Delvin out the ball game and didnt. JMU could have stopped UD at the end of the game, but the Defense couldnt get off the field the last 6and half minutes of the game. Face it, JMU lost to a back up. GL to both teams the rest of the season.

Yes, below average high school offense. Do I need to say it again? Our offensive play at VT was a fluke, and the result of a tired VT defense after a short week and alignment of the stars. Our defense is solid, but our offense is possibly one of the worst in the country (including Division II and Division III). I think UD would struggle more with the majority of high school offenses.

Ud1Hens
October 2nd, 2010, 07:49 PM
xshhhx "Offense at work" LOL

theasushow
October 2nd, 2010, 09:35 PM
Yes, below average high school offense. Do I need to say it again? Our offensive play at VT was a fluke, and the result of a tired VT defense after a short week and alignment of the stars. Our defense is solid, but our offense is possibly one of the worst in the country (including Division II and Division III). I think UD would struggle more with the majority of high school offenses.

i am so confused, after the VT win JMU immediately vaulted to the top 3 in all the polls, were an immediate national championship contender, and were the favorites to win the conference..what happened? how could a team with "the worst offense in the country" go from being so highly ranked just 3 weeks ago to this? was the vt game that much of a fluke? did the pollsters make a mistake ranking them so high?

YoUDeeMan
October 2nd, 2010, 10:07 PM
JMU...your defense would have been shredded by Devlin.

Some JMU folks are asking for a rematch...glad to have it. Which is it? Your offense is pathetic and your defense is superlative...or (reality) your offense won't score on the Hens and your defense will have to face Devlin instead of a nervous freshman?

Face it, JMU is toast if the play Delaware again. We expect wolf whistles...we have a nice "tail" that you will be looking at for quite some time.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 2nd, 2010, 10:12 PM
i am so confused, after the VT win JMU immediately vaulted to the top 3 in all the polls, were an immediate national championship contender, and were the favorites to win the conference..what happened? how could a team with "the worst offense in the country" go from being so highly ranked just 3 weeks ago to this? was the vt game that much of a fluke? did the pollsters make a mistake ranking them so high?

I'd say that so far this year JMU's defense has been far stronger than their offense, but I wouldn't call their offense high school level by any means. JMU deserved their ranking, and now Delaware deserves the one they get for beating them.

Delaware plays incredibly well on streaks. If the season starts our strong, the chances for a playoff or championship run shoot through the roof. Devlin has gotten almost all of the press, but AP is the best RB in the subdivision, the defense is very strong, and Sasek will be a force to be reckoned with once he calms his nerves. JMU played a strong game, we just played a stronger one.

blukeys
October 2nd, 2010, 11:14 PM

Devlin was hit from behind after he handed the ball off to Pierce. Everyone in the stadium knew Pierce had the ball. (Including the refs who were watching that part of the play) How Devlin was going to brace himself after he gave the ball to Pierce and the attacker came from his blind side is something only a Umass fan could suggest. Other than standing there what else should Devlin have done after he handed the ball off to Pierce??? Should Devlin have run off and pretended he had the ball???

The fact is Devlin was tackled from behind and thrown to the ground after he handed the ball off to Pierce. Everyone in the stadium knew Pierce had the ball including the cameramen for JMU. In the initial video Devlin and Bryant are almost off the screen.

blukeys
October 2nd, 2010, 11:17 PM
I knew it in the STANDS that UD fans would be on here *****ing.

It WAS a read option, and the DE followed his assignment. Your DE did the EXACT same thing to Dudzik in the 3rd quarter, and I will try to DVR it if the game is replayed. Dudzik CLEARLY pitched the ball, and your DE hit him and drove him 6yds back into the turf. ITS FOOTBALL....QBs get slammed on option plays.

Stop being *****es...take your victory AND keep on winning. Good Luck

BS. It was a straight handoff and not in any way an option. UD has not run an option play with Devlin since he broke his wrist. UD has brought Sasek in every time they have run an option.

JMU2004
October 2nd, 2010, 11:35 PM
BS. It was a straight handoff and not in any way an option. UD has not run an option play with Devlin since he broke his wrist. UD has brought Sasek in every time they have run an option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyierB_iGHA&feature=player_embedded

NOT a read option?

you are 100% wrong.

JMU2004
October 2nd, 2010, 11:38 PM
Devlin was hit from behind after he handed the ball off to Pierce. Everyone in the stadium knew Pierce had the ball. (Including the refs who were watching that part of the play) How Devlin was going to brace himself after he gave the ball to Pierce and the attacker came from his blind side is something only a Umass fan could suggest. Other than standing there what else should Devlin have done after he handed the ball off to Pierce??? Should Devlin have run off and pretended he had the ball???

The fact is Devlin was tackled from behind and thrown to the ground after he handed the ball off to Pierce. Everyone in the stadium knew Pierce had the ball including the cameramen for JMU. In the initial video Devlin and Bryant are almost off the screen.

hit from behind? stop making crap up

blukeys
October 2nd, 2010, 11:52 PM

NOT a read option?

you are 100% wrong.

Hello it was a straight handoff to Pierce. Again once Devlin broke his wrist UD removed option plays from the playbook when Devlin was in there. Everyone knew that Devlin was not a threat to run. That is why JMU started in a 3 down lineman defense.

Would you risk your franchise QB on a running play with a broken wrist? UD did not do so in the 2nd half against SDSU and not at all against Richmond.

Mickey Matthews is certainly smart enough to know this even if you aren't.

blukeys
October 2nd, 2010, 11:55 PM
hit from behind? stop making crap up

Bryant came from the blind side. The fact is Devlin did not have the ball and did not expect to get hit. From here on out UD QB's need to be aware that JMU players will hit anyone at any time. The potential for injury from cheap shots is always there when playing JMU.

JMU2004
October 2nd, 2010, 11:59 PM
Bryant came from the blind side. The fact is Devlin did not have the ball and did not expect to get hit. From here on out UD QB's need to be aware that JMU players will hit anyone at any time. The potential for injury from cheap shots is always there when playing JMU.

Hmm...your the only one who sees it. Late hit? Perhaps.....

The announcers even call it a read option, he had a pitch man, etc....QBS get hit on option looks. Again, I hope I can show the one that was MUCH worse from UD in the 3rd quarter. Stop acting like a whiney *****.

Grow up. You won.

GannonFan
October 3rd, 2010, 12:46 AM
Nothing wrong with taking a shot at a QB on a play like that - you can blow straight through him and it's fine. Where that play went from fine to cheap was on the grabbing, twisting, and slamming of the QB to the turf. There's just no way around that. UD hit Dudzik plenty of times without it being cheap. What makes it even worse is all the yapping by JMU prior to the game that they were going to knock Devlin out of the game - hard to hear that talk and see that hit and not think dirty.

Luckily, the freshman back-up QB and the rest of the UD offense put together 3 really good drives on that JMU defense in the second half. I'll take it.

blukeys
October 3rd, 2010, 12:54 AM
Hmm...your the only one who sees it. Late hit? Perhaps.....

The announcers even call it a read option, he had a pitch man, etc....QBS get hit on option looks. Again, I hope I can show the one that was MUCH worse from UD in the 3rd quarter. Stop acting like a whiney *****.

Grow up. You won.

Wow you use the word of the homer JMU annoncers as your source. I listened to those losers today. They would not know a football from a hamburger.

UD has not run an option with Devlin since the SDSU game three weeks ago. (Devlin has a broken wrist. Running an option with him risks further injury. This is Not to mention the problems of making a pitch when wearing a cast.) When UD ran an option they brought in Sasek.

Any competent coach picks these kind of things up especially since Devlin's wrist injury is 3 weeks old. This play was a straight handoff to Pierce. The fact that you believe Mickey Matthews and not your own eyes just demonstrates how biased and bigoted JMU fans are when MM brews the Purple Kool Aid.

Nebuta
October 3rd, 2010, 06:50 AM

A fluke?? Worst in the country?? I think UD would struggle more with a majority of high school offenses??

Excuses, excuses, excuses.
Stay classy.

rufus
October 3rd, 2010, 08:48 AM
A fluke?? Worst in the country?? I think UD would struggle more with a majority of high school offenses??

Excuses, excuses, excuses.
Stay classy.

How am I making excuses? Delaware had an excellent offense, even with a freshman QB -- probably the best offense JMU has seen this year. From what I could tell Delaware's defense looked solid too. I would have to watch the Blue Hens play against a legitimate offense to tell for sure.

Despite the loss, I thought JMU's defense looked fairly good. I just don't think we have any legitimate Division I (FCS) talent on our offense. Again, that's not a knock against the Blue Hens. I said it last week after the win over Liberty, and I'll likely say it next week after a close win over Towson (hopefully).

JMU2004
October 3rd, 2010, 09:02 AM
Wow you use the word of the homer JMU annoncers as your source. I listened to those losers today. They would not know a football from a hamburger.

UD has not run an option with Devlin since the SDSU game three weeks ago. (Devlin has a broken wrist. Running an option with him risks further injury. This is Not to mention the problems of making a pitch when wearing a cast.) When UD ran an option they brought in Sasek.

Any competent coach picks these kind of things up especially since Devlin's wrist injury is 3 weeks old. This play was a straight handoff to Pierce. The fact that you believe Mickey Matthews and not your own eyes just demonstrates how biased and bigoted JMU fans are when MM brews the Purple Kool Aid.

Again...you are wrong. Those were the TV announcers.

Any other crap you want to make up?

MR. CHICKEN
October 3rd, 2010, 10:40 AM
WHEN YA ADD UP DUH FACTS:.....DIRTY DAWG DE....QUOTE TA HARRISONBURG FISH WRAP + KEELER HAD ROPE TIED TA DEVLIN...AS TA NOT RUN OPTION + HE CARRIED OUT NO FAKE IN SAID PLAY + PIERCE IS WELL ACROSS LINE O' SCRIMMAGE ON SAID PLAY AT TIME O' HIT + SAID D.E. WAS NOT BLOCKED B'CAUSE SAID PLAY WAS STRAIGHT HAND-OFF TA RB HEADIN' NORTH/SOUTH + WORLD WRESTLIN'...STEEL CAGE BODAH-SLAM.....DISGUISED BAH TERM..TACKLE = CHEAP SHOT........xmadxxflamemadxxpissedx.........BRAWK!

POPPYCOCK....TA ANYONE WHO SAYS DIFFERENT!

caribbeanhen
October 3rd, 2010, 10:53 AM
To use a Mafia term - Devlin got "whacked" - what were not sure of is who ordered the hit - AP was more than 5 yards away from Devlin when the hitman arrived and more than 10 yards away when he was body slammed.... clearly this shameful action was part of the JMU game plan. I am sure the Feds will wiretap the head made guys office.

superman7515
October 3rd, 2010, 10:58 AM
Interesting line in a local Virginia paper this morning...
At times Saturday, the Dukes looked, at best, undisciplined and, at worst, like cheap shot artists. On the game's first possession, Delaware starting quarterback Pat Devlin was knocked out of the game with a concussion.

Nebuta
October 3rd, 2010, 11:35 AM
How am I making excuses? Delaware had an excellent offense, even with a freshman QB -- probably the best offense JMU has seen this year. From what I could tell Delaware's defense looked solid too. I would have to watch the Blue Hens play against a legitimate offense to tell for sure.

Despite the loss, I thought JMU's defense looked fairly good. I just don't think we have any legitimate Division I (FCS) talent on our offense. Again, that's not a knock against the Blue Hens. I said it last week after the win over Liberty, and I'll likely say it next week after a close win over Towson (hopefully).

JMUs offense is not the worst offense in the country and to say the VT game was a fluke. Sorry just not buying it. JMU offense looks like work in progress. But JMU has a solid running. Jamal Sullivan is a STUD. Kid can flat out run over some guys. I believe most teams would love to see him transfer to their team if they had a chance.

PantherRob82
October 3rd, 2010, 11:46 AM

NOT a read option?

you are 100% wrong.

It was a read option and was a cheap shot.

Ud1Hens
October 3rd, 2010, 11:58 AM
I think many people think it was a read option because that's the look that 95% of offenses give when running it. However, as UD and Richmond fans know, since Devlin fractured his wrist any QB read/run plays were thrown out of the playbook...they didn't want to get him tackled more than he could. UD hasn't run the read option since the West Chester game.

PantherRob82
October 3rd, 2010, 12:03 PM
I think many people think it was a read option because that's the look that 95% of offenses give when running it. However, as UD and Richmond fans know, since Devlin fractured his wrist any QB read/run plays were thrown out of the playbook...they didn't want to get him tackled more than he could. UD hasn't run the read option since the West Chester game.

Then don't set it up like a read option. Devlin could easily keep the ball and run or pass it out of that play. xrolleyesx

(edit: Upon watching it again you also have the backside wide receiever coming around to essentially turn it into a triple option.)

Maroon&White
October 3rd, 2010, 01:58 PM
I agree... after watching the replay, the play does not look that bad. I think Delaware fans are overreacting because he was knocked out by the play. If he wasnt injured they would have no issue. xconfusedx

No UMass fans are on here complaining about the roughing the passer that took Havens out or the chop block that took Flanagan out. Both those plays could be called dirty (and they were actually flagged because they were penalties!), yet no UMass fans are complaining.

HenBlue
October 3rd, 2010, 08:59 PM
I am looking forward to the suspension of the JMU cheap shot artist and a reprimand to Mickey "the Louse" Matthews -- although we will never hear about the latter. The bounty on Devlin's head was obvious and ugly.

blukeys
October 3rd, 2010, 09:08 PM
No UMass fans are on here complaining about the roughing the passer that took Havens out or the chop block that took Flanagan out. Both those plays could be called dirty (and they were actually flagged because they were penalties!), yet no UMass fans are complaining.

No disrespect to Havens or Flanagan but I don't see them on the Payton watch nor do they mean as much to Umass as Devlin has meant to UD.

With Devlin in the game this one isn't even close. Trevor Sasek stepped up and made some progress on Saturday but he still is nowhere near as good as Devlin and his fumbling on the 3 yard line of JMU cost us a score. I guess you missed the part where the JMU player talked in the papers about knocking Devlin out of the game.

MR. CHICKEN
October 3rd, 2010, 09:43 PM
DEY WENT AFTERAH OURAH 2ND STRINGERAH QB...OUTTAH BOUNDS.......UH BLOW TA ONE HENS HELMET AT END OF GAME....&.....DIRTY DAWGS...TRYIN' TA RUMBLE WHEN SHOODAH BEEN SHAKIN' HANDS....MOST UH YA'LL DIDN'T SEE ENTIRE GAME.....DEY WERE CHIPPY....ALL AFTERAH-NOON........VILLANOVA WHO??.....JMU HAS NOW BECOME MAH MOST....HATED RIVALRY......xpissedx...AWK!

JMUNJ08
October 3rd, 2010, 10:43 PM
I'm sorry he got hurt but this was a basic 15 yard penalty that should have been called and not a cheap shot. I watch FCS/FBS/NFL games every weekend and this is a common type of hit that a QB can take. Defenses hone in on the QB as he is the guy that makes the offense go. Remember how Favre was hit in the NFC Championship game? Yeah, a little rough and some that warranted some flags but I wouldn't say someone got $20K for knocking him out...I wouldn't call it a cheap shot if it was on Dudzik. Yes, mad he got hurt and our fresman backup having to come in but not livid at UD for it. Grow up. You will likely be #2 in the country and deservidly so. Hopefully Delvin comes back soon but I cannot side with UD posters on the "cheap shot"...

MR. CHICKEN
October 3rd, 2010, 11:10 PM
I'm sorry he got hurt but this was a basic 15 yard penalty that should have been called and not a cheap shot. I watch FCS/FBS/NFL games every weekend and this is a common type of hit that a QB can take. Defenses hone in on the QB as he is the guy that makes the offense go. Remember how Favre was hit in the NFC Championship game? Yeah, a little rough and some that warranted some flags but I wouldn't say someone got $20K for knocking him out...I wouldn't call it a cheap shot if it was on Dudzik. Yes, mad he got hurt and our fresman backup having to come in but not livid at UD for it. Grow up. You will likely be #2 in the country and deservidly so. Hopefully Delvin comes back soon but I cannot side with UD posters on the "cheap shot"...

YER OWN VIRGINIA REPORTERS....CALL IT UH MUGGIN'....AWK!

caribbeanhen
October 3rd, 2010, 11:31 PM

it's not the late part that was all that bad, it's what he did to him when the RB is 10 yards up the field... Now surely Hen fans are bawking loud and Dogs are down playing.... truth somewhere in the middle but something happened that was just not right

JMUNJ08
October 4th, 2010, 12:03 AM
it's not the late part that was all that bad, it's what he did to him when the RB is 10 yards up the field... Now surely Hen fans are bawking loud and Dogs are down playing.... truth somewhere in the middle but something happened that was just not right

Correct that he was thrown to the ground. Penalty every time on a QB. Otherwise the initial hit was legitimate.

JMUNJ08
October 4th, 2010, 12:04 AM
YER OWN VIRGINIA REPORTERS....CALL IT UH MUGGIN'....AWK!

I don't have to side with them either...

umassfan
October 4th, 2010, 01:10 AM
No disrespect to Havens or Flanagan but I don't see them on the Payton watch nor do they mean as much to Umass as Devlin has meant to UD.

With Devlin in the game this one isn't even close. Trevor Sasek stepped up and made some progress on Saturday but he still is nowhere near as good as Devlin and his fumbling on the 3 yard line of JMU cost us a score. I guess you missed the part where the JMU player talked in the papers about knocking Devlin out of the game.

I think you are wrong here... Havens not Devlin was leading the CAA in passing. Delawares offense is based off your freshman running back. Devlin is on the Payton to start the year because they thought he would have a great season. Issue is, your freshman running back stole the show. He will be off the list at the first revision. Flanagan is our only non freshman starting dlinemen from a team with 4 new starting dline players this year. He is a big part of our run d. Regardless of who the players were... both were equally the same. Havens runs our O and Devlin runs yours. Both teams would be the same without each player. Our backup qb is a true freshman. We would burn his redshirt year if Havens got injured.

caribbeanhen
October 4th, 2010, 07:14 AM
I think you are wrong here... Havens not Devlin was leading the CAA in passing. Delawares offense is based off your freshman running back. Devlin is on the Payton to start the year because they thought he would have a great season. Issue is, your freshman running back stole the show. He will be off the list at the first revision. Flanagan is our only non freshman starting dlinemen from a team with 4 new starting dline players this year. He is a big part of our run d. Regardless of who the players were... both were equally the same. Havens runs our O and Devlin runs yours. Both teams would be the same without each player. Our backup qb is a true freshman. We would burn his redshirt year if Havens got injured.

are you the same UMassfan who was downplaying Flacco a few years ago?

Maroon&White
October 4th, 2010, 07:33 AM

Wait a second...So two legitimate fouls that caused players to get hurt don't matter because those players aren't on the Payton watch (Flanagan is a DT BTW)?!?! That's absolutely ridiculous. What a load of garbage. You are completely classless.

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 4th, 2010, 08:56 AM
I am looking forward to the suspension of the JMU cheap shot artist and a reprimand to Mickey "the Louse" Matthews -- although we will never hear about the latter. The bounty on Devlin's head was obvious and ugly.

You'll be waiting a while..........like forever.

Side Judge
October 4th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Hen fan here - luv Devlin, hope he leads us to a win in Chattanoo, er, Frisco - despise MM and JMU (even though my boy's applying there, along with, gasp, App State) - but that was a clean hit, as there was at least a semblance of option misdirection involved with the WR looping around. You could argue that Bryant had "malice in his heart" given the suplex combined with the pre-game comments, but at this point it's bulletin-board material and nothing more. And since I guess AGS qualifies as a bulletin board, well, here it is.

I'm just asking for folks to calm down a bit. If you want to call MM a louse or each other classless, or provide examples as to how there apparently is no soap or deoderant or razors or toothpaste in Harrisonburg, well then please take it to the smack board...

PantherRob82
October 4th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Hen fan here - luv Devlin, hope he leads us to a win in Chattanoo, er, Frisco - despise MM and JMU (even though my boy's applying there, along with, gasp, App State) - but that was a clean hit, as there was at least a semblance of option misdirection involved with the WR looping around. You could argue that Bryant had "malice in his heart" given the suplex combined with the pre-game comments, but at this point it's bulletin-board material and nothing more. And since I guess AGS qualifies as a bulletin board, well, here it is.

I'm just asking for folks to calm down a bit. If you want to call MM a louse or each other classless, or provide examples as to how there apparently is no soap or deoderant or razors or toothpaste in Harrisonburg, well then please take it to the smack board...

I think the initial contact was fair game because of the option look, but everything after that was cheap. I would bet money he could tellt hat the ball was gone when he wrapped him up.

YoUDeeMan
October 4th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Devlin is on the Payton to start the year because they thought he would have a great season. Issue is, your freshman running back stole the show. He will be off the list at the first revision.

xlolx

Whoops! They just revised the list...guess who is still on it?

GannonFan
October 4th, 2010, 10:40 AM
are you the same UMassfan who was downplaying Flacco a few years ago?

Yeah, you can't really trust anything that guy says regarding Delaware - he loses all semblance of logic whenever UD is the topic. Not entirely sure why, either.

caribbeanhen
October 4th, 2010, 10:50 AM
I think the initial contact was fair game because of the option look, but everything after that was cheap. I would bet money he could tellt hat the ball was gone when he wrapped him up.

PR82,

agree xnodx, that is really the non-biased and correct way to view what happened right here

blukeys
October 4th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Wait a second...So two legitimate fouls that caused players to get hurt don't matter because those players aren't on the Payton watch (Flanagan is a DT BTW)?!?! That's absolutely ridiculous. What a load of garbage. You are completely classless.

Never said it didn't matter. Nice try to put words in my mouth. You asked why UD is concerned about this late hit when Umass fans didn't complain about about the injuries to their players. Now I don't know why umass fans aren't upset about cheap shots that injure their players. I responded that Devlin is awfully important to this team and that is part of the reason for the response by Hen fans

jmufan999
October 4th, 2010, 12:07 PM
17 pages for this.... really? can we let this game go, for god's sakes?

Oldhen
October 4th, 2010, 12:23 PM

To me it isn't REALLY about 'the hit'. You play football, people collide, folks get hurt.

What this is REALLY about is the 'public intimidation' attempt made by the chest-thumping perpetrator of 'the hit', on the record, in the press, about how racking up the QB was his game plan.

Then, on the second offensive play, he runs past the ball carrier and body slams the unresisting QB.

Not good for the CAA, JMU, or football in general.

...and none of the JMU apologists are connecting those particular dots.

YoUDeeMan
October 4th, 2010, 01:31 PM

Hey, we can understand why JMU fans want to let this game go. Before the game most JMU fans on the caa site figured UD would be a walk in the park. xlolx

Our team is already focused on Maine...but we UD fans are still laughing our back ends off knowing that we held you guys to 69 yards in the second half and our freshman QB walked us down the field several times (as Devlin would have done 3-4 more times), including the game winner, against your defense and Bryant.

xhurrayx No reason to stop celebrating now... xsmileyclapxxhurrayx

Woo-hoo! Just made page 18!

Side Judge
October 4th, 2010, 02:02 PM

Good point - if you don't like 17 pages for this you can go to the Settings link at the top of the page, select General Settings on the left side, and then change the Number of Posts to Show per Page from the default (which yields 17, check that, 18 pages of this) to whatever you like. I changed it to 40 posts per page and this thread only goes 5 pages. Though I'm sure that in time it'll be back up to 17, no, 18 pages - especially when the CAA sanctions JMU...

Maroon&White
October 4th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Never said it didn't matter. Nice try to put words in my mouth. You asked why UD is concerned about this late hit when Umass fans didn't complain about about the injuries to their players. Now I don't know why umass fans aren't upset about cheap shots that injure their players. I responded that Devlin is awfully important to this team and that is part of the reason for the response by Hen fans

You said just that, stop making excuses now. You showed your true colors with that comment. Completely classless.

GannonFan
October 4th, 2010, 04:07 PM
To me it isn't REALLY about 'the hit'. You play football, people collide, folks get hurt.

What this is REALLY about is the 'public intimidation' attempt made by the chest-thumping perpetrator of 'the hit', on the record, in the press, about how racking up the QB was his game plan.

Then, on the second offensive play, he runs past the ball carrier and body slams the unresisting QB.

Not good for the CAA, JMU, or football in general.

...and none of the JMU apologists are connecting those particular dots.

Certainly the news clippings don't paint JMU in a good light. It's probably not as bad as it seems, but with those clips and the hit itself, eh, just not pretty.

umassfan
October 4th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Yeah, you can't really trust anything that guy says regarding Delaware - he loses all semblance of logic whenever UD is the topic. Not entirely sure why, either.

Im sorry but your hen fan was trying to say that Devlin is more important to Delaware then Havens is to Umass because he is on the Payton watch list. If you can honesly say that without cracking a smile then id be shocked. Coming into the season Devlin was expected to be this all world qb but has not put up the numbers(even in the games he has played vs lesser teams). The fact that he still is on the Payton watch list isnt because of his play, but because the staff choosing players is clueless. If your freshman running back replaced him I wouldnt care. He has the stats to back it up.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 5th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Im sorry but your hen fan was trying to say that Devlin is more important to Delaware then Havens is to Umass because he is on the Payton watch list. If you can honesly say that without cracking a smile then id be shocked. Coming into the season Devlin was expected to be this all world qb but has not put up the numbers(even in the games he has played vs lesser teams). The fact that he still is on the Payton watch list isnt because of his play, but because the staff choosing players is clueless. If your freshman running back replaced him I wouldnt care. He has the stats to back it up.

Devlin really hasn't had much of a chance to shine yet this year. Westchester is Westchester, we didn't need to pull a SFA and blow them out 84-0 again, but he did throw for three TDs. SDSU is the game where he got hurt (I think) and again, we had a comfortable lead, no need to keep airing it out. Duquesne he was kept resting on the sidelines in anticipation of Richmond and JMU on the road. Richmond has a good pass defense, and the running game was more effective, so UD stuck with that, and for JMU, well, JMU's D decided to remove him as a factor pretty early in the game.

cougarpines
October 5th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Asking for an investigation

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/sports/2010/oct/05/jmuf05-ar-542489/

Oldhen
October 5th, 2010, 07:07 AM
http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20101005/SPORTS07/10050368/1028/Hens-still-irritated-over-hit-on-Devlin

"I think we need to make sure this is not condoned," Keeler said.

CollegeObserver
October 5th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Uh, sorry K.C., it s condoned.

(Read the Richmond TD article linked above)

State Line Liquors
October 5th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Mickey the Moron:
"It was a very competitive ending because it was a kickoff return," Matthews said. "Their kids were really happy they won the game and our kids were really mad they lost the game, so it was probably the close proximity of the players [that fueled anger]. Nobody had 30 minutes to cool off."

It's a football game, like thousands of others played. One team wins, another team loses EVERY SINGLE GAME. When the clock stops, you shake hands with the opponent, win or lose and move on with your lives. Get some control of what your kids say to the media, the way they play the game on the field, and how you come across to the paying and viewing public. If your can't explain the significance of how 'sport' works to your team then you're a terrible coach.

JMU2004
October 5th, 2010, 08:27 AM
also love the lie that JMU started the scuffle at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drmfLdoeLo4

go to 2:35

State Line Liquors
October 5th, 2010, 08:43 AM

Thanks for clarifying. I see everyone getting up from the play and Kirby Long shoving the UD player in the face. Brilliant.

turn1979
October 5th, 2010, 08:44 AM
It was started by JMU. Did you see the video from TV? As soon as he is tackled he pops up and shoves the UD player in the chest. Thats when other players start to move in.

Rob Iola
October 5th, 2010, 09:03 AM

2:35 kinda looks bad for JMU there champ...

And while you've got that vid spooled up, just backtrack to 0:16 - very nice angle of Bryant clearly seeing the handoff before going all WWE on Devlin...

Observer2
October 5th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Any idea why The Breeze edited out the pile drive? Anyone?

JMU2004
October 5th, 2010, 09:18 AM
God...you are idiots.

THE UD player gets in his face as he is trying to get up, Kirby shoves him away, and then they FORM a circle around him.

bluehenbillk
October 5th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Nice video...to be honest, the view is so far away at the end of the game, and so quick, you can't really tell anything about it.

PantherRob82
October 5th, 2010, 09:49 AM
God...you are idiots.

THE UD player gets in his face as he is trying to get up, Kirby shoves him away, and then they FORM a circle around him.

I'd say it was just a football thing, the player jumped up to celebrate and the guy happened to be there. Both players should've been smart enough to walk away.

MR. CHICKEN
October 5th, 2010, 11:13 AM
TAKE UH GANDER O' DEVLIN....FACIN' LINE O' SCRIMMAGE....EMPTY HANDED....AFTERAH DIRECT HAND-OFF...DE....ISN'T BLOCKED 'CAUSE HE'S NEVERAH IN DUH PLAY....&...HE HAD TA BE IN NEED O' UH SEEIN' EYE DAWG...TA NOT SEE PIERCE GOIN' NORFF/SOUFF...WHIFF DUH ROCK...AN' SHOODAH TURNED AN' CHASED HIM...PAT NEVER MADE UH-NOTHERAH MOVE...LIKE TURNIN' HIS BACK..TA POTENTIALLY HIDE DUH PIGGY......D.E. = BOUNTY HUNTER!

JMU2004
October 5th, 2010, 04:17 PM
CAA has ruled that the play was fine.

Guess the UD fans will now be *****ing about the CAA.....10 more pages of grown men complaining about a tackle! YAY! xviolinx

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 5th, 2010, 04:38 PM
You'll be waiting a while..........like forever.

Hmmm......called that one xreadx

Oldhen
October 5th, 2010, 04:39 PM
"I am aware that prior to and after the game there were several public comments by both teams which have fueled rumors and innuendo about the game. The CAA Football office will address its concerns about certain inappropriate comments with the involved individuals and their institutions. All such matters will be handled privately and internally."

Mickey, meet woodshed. Woodshed, meet Mickey.

Top Dawg
October 5th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Mickey the Moron:

It's a football game, like thousands of others played. One team wins, another team loses EVERY SINGLE GAME. When the clock stops, you shake hands with the opponent, win or lose and move on with your lives. Get some control of what your kids say to the media, the way they play the game on the field, and how you come across to the paying and viewing public. If your can't explain the significance of how 'sport' works to your team then you're a terrible coach.

Not sure where your quote comes from, but it is incorrect. He said 30 seconds, not 30 minutes. Meaning that normally you have a little time to calm down, walking across the field, that didn't occur. After the pushing and shoving broke out, he told his players to leave, thus defusing a potential horrible situation. You guys are trying to make something out of nothing. Also, after reviewing the video tapes, the CAA concluded that the hit on Devlin did not even warrant a penalty! Congrats on the hard fought win between two top 10 ranked teams. The Blue Hens were the better team on Saturday and deserved to win. Too bad we don't get to play during the regular season next year, at least according to the preliminary conference schedule.

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 5th, 2010, 04:50 PM
http://www.caasports.com/ViewArticle...CLID=205006781

RICHMOND, Va. (October 5, 2010) -- CAA Commissioner Tom Yeager released the following statement today in regards to issues surrounding the Delaware/James Madison game, Oct. 2, at JMU’s Bridgeforth Stadium.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT
In consultation with the conference’s supervisor of officials and the game referee, I have determined the play in which Delaware quarterback Pat Devlin was injured was not an unsportsmanlike act.

Our supervisor and game referee have distinguished officiating experience and their extensive postgame video review has concluded the play was an acceptable play which did not warrant a penalty. I respect and concur with that opinion.

The CAA is concerned with any injury to any player, particularly concussion injuries, which are a special point of emphasis this year. Player safety will always be at the forefront of our interests.

This was a hard fought game between two undefeated and Top-5 ranked teams which was not decided until the final seconds of the game. It was exactly the type of contest expected from these two respected championship programs. There were 17 penalties called in the game, but none were determined to be personal fouls for aggressive play such as unnecessary roughness or late hits. Our game officials also reported the players on the field were not overly engaged in taunting, which is often the case in games of this magnitude.

I am aware that prior to and after the game there were several public comments by both teams which have fueled rumors and innuendo about the game. The CAA Football office will address its concerns about certain inappropriate comments with the involved individuals and their institutions. All such matters will be handled privately and internally.

superman7515
October 5th, 2010, 04:53 PM
"I am aware that prior to and after the game there were several public comments by both teams which have fueled rumors and innuendo about the game. The CAA Football office will address its concerns about certain inappropriate comments with the involved individuals and their institutions. All such matters will be handled privately and internally."

Mickey, meet woodshed. Woodshed, meet Mickey.

They say "institutions"... so I'm pretty sure that both schools are getting a timeout.

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 5th, 2010, 04:55 PM
They say "institutions"... so I'm pretty sure that both schools are getting a timeout.

More than likely.

NovaHater
October 5th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Too bad we don't get to play during the regular season next year, at least according to the preliminary conference schedule.

You mean you don't have next year's schedule ?
You play at home 9/24 against UD

Wow, talk about backward

JMUNJ08
October 5th, 2010, 06:18 PM

Wow, talk about backward

To his defense the UD game was put on the revised list. We were not initially suppose to play them in 2011. take it down a notch with the accusations...

Top Dawg
October 5th, 2010, 06:51 PM

Wow, talk about backward

Must have missed the revised schedule, do you have a link? Of course I sure it's still subject to change.

Thanks!

Henzone
October 6th, 2010, 07:23 AM
[QUOTE=JMU2004;1564151]CAA has ruled that the play was fine.

Guess the UD fans will now be *****ing about the CAA.....10 more pages of grown men complaining about a tackle! YAY! xviolinx[/QUOTE

The play and the rhetoric prior to the game was certainly controversial enough to cause alot of discussion. The CAA has decided that the hit was legal so that's that but as much as KC Keeler's personality can sometimes agitate us Blue Hen fans, Mathews is a true red neck neanderthal.

cougarpines
October 6th, 2010, 08:26 AM
HZ, are ou haveing trouble accessing gohens

Henzone
October 6th, 2010, 09:20 AM
GOHENS is currently down but I wanted to vent on this national board anyway and when you lose I feel it's always inappropiate and sour grapes to have anything negative to say about you opponant but since we did win I'd like to say how much I enjoyed going into Harrisonburg and walking out with a win. I've been all across the nation following the Hens and only Marshall has an environment as obnoxious as JMU. The week prior, Richmond was a fun experience and I look forward to the Williamsburg trip.. Hell, Northeastern Louisiana & Eastern Kentucky are downhome boys but were enjoyable games. The arrogance and personality of the students, coach and players in those purple outfits is sad.

cougarpines
October 6th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Look at the leadership and where he came from

JMU2004
October 6th, 2010, 11:01 AM
GOHENS is currently down but I wanted to vent on this national board anyway and when you lose I feel it's always inappropiate and sour grapes to have anything negative to say about you opponant but since we did win I'd like to say how much I enjoyed going into Harrisonburg and walking out with a win. I've been all across the nation following the Hens and only Marshall has an environment as obnoxious as JMU. The week prior, Richmond was a fun experience and I look forward to the Williamsburg trip.. Hell, Northeastern Louisiana & Eastern Kentucky are downhome boys but were enjoyable games. The arrogance and personality of the students, coach and players in those purple outfits is sad.

xviolinx xviolinx xviolinx xviolinx xviolinx

Anything else you want to complain about?

Did a bird poop on your car in Harrisonburg? Maybe you can ask mother nature for a review?

Side Judge
October 6th, 2010, 11:34 AM
xviolinx xviolinx xviolinx xviolinx xviolinx

Anything else you want to complain about?

Give him time and he'll blame a JMU hacker for bringing down GoHens...

Purple7
October 6th, 2010, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE=JMU2004;1564151]CAA has ruled that the play was fine.

Mathews is a true red neck neanderthal.

How embarrassing. Geez... Reminds me of the Andy Griffith show when Andy tells Barney..."let's try to keep this on an adult level".

EmeryZach
October 6th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Does anyone have video of the hit on Devlin?

umassfan
October 6th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Does anyone have video of the hit on Devlin?

Look earlier on this thread. Links are posted there.