Georgetown - W vs Holy Cross 17-7
Colgate - L at Syracuse 42-7

All-Time Series: Colgate 7-0
Last Meeting: Colgate 31-14 at Washington, 2009
Streak: Colgate, 7 Wins

Coaches
Georgetown - Kevin Kelly, 5th Season, 8-39
Colgate - Dick Biddle, 15th Season, 114-53

Media Links from GoColgateRaiders.com (http://www.gocolgateraiders.com/sports/2010/7/11/FB_0711105432.aspx?path=football)
Audio from TeamLine: http://www.teamline.cc/teampage?teamcode=2007
LiveStats from SideArm Stats: http://www.sidearmstats.com/colgate/football/index.htm
Video from Colgate All-Access: http://www.gocolgateraiders.com/showcase/#liveevents

Next Game
Georgetown vs Wagner
Colgate at Princeton

Let's Go 'Gate!

TheValleyRaider
October 2nd, 2010, 12:19 PM
Colbourne kicks a chip-shot FG to open the scoring on the first drive

3-0 Colgate
6:56 1st

TheValleyRaider
October 2nd, 2010, 12:28 PM
Georgetown and Weiss respond with a 38 yard FG

3-3
3:38 1st

TheValleyRaider
October 2nd, 2010, 12:39 PM
One quarter in the books, clock moving swiftly in Hamilton

Georgetown 3
Colgate 3
End 1st

Lehigh Football Nation
October 2nd, 2010, 12:53 PM
Harvard 28, Lafayette 3, mid-3rd quarter. Switching to this game for sure. Lafayette will not be winning that game.

TheValleyRaider
October 2nd, 2010, 01:02 PM
Colgate goes 90 yards on the drive, capped by a short Eachus TD run

10-3 Colgate
1:54 2nd

Lehigh Football Nation
October 2nd, 2010, 01:13 PM
Listening to Colgate/GTown and watching Harvard's dismantling of Lafayette. After a boneheaded running into the kicker penalty keeping a drive alive, Harvard converts it into another TD. Harvard 35, Lafayette 3.

TheValleyRaider
October 2nd, 2010, 01:20 PM
Colbourne nails another FG as the clock expires

Georgetown 3
Colgate 13
Halftime

Several mistakes (penalties, kickoff coverage, turnover on a punt) have cost the Raiders points, but otherwise, we're in control. If they can stop the G'town offense to start the 2nd half and punch in another score, they'll be in great shape the rest of the way

Go...gate
October 2nd, 2010, 01:53 PM
Sounds good. Wish I were in Hamilton - sounds like a great weather day for Homecoming.

TheValleyRaider
October 2nd, 2010, 01:54 PM
Eachus punches in a TD to finish a short drive, Colgate in complete control

20-3 Colgate
5:58 3rd

TheValleyRaider
October 2nd, 2010, 02:08 PM
Clock expires with Colgate again deep in Hoya territory

Georgetown 3
Colgate 20
End 3rd

TheValleyRaider
October 2nd, 2010, 02:12 PM
Eachus another short run for his 3rd TD of the afternoon

27-3 Colgate
14:10 4th

TheValleyRaider
October 2nd, 2010, 02:29 PM
Ho hum, another day for Eachus. 200+ yards and his 4th TD after a Georgetown fumble puts this one away

34-3 Colgate
6:16 4th

DFW HOYA
October 2nd, 2010, 02:42 PM
On to Wagner.

TheValleyRaider
October 2nd, 2010, 02:44 PM
Colgate just finishes off the clock with a few more runs

Georgetown 3
Colgate 34
Final

Total domination today. 40:39 TOP, 433 total yards, 307 rushing. Nate Eachus had 44 carries for 214 yards, Georgetown ran 41 plays for 73 yards. Put that in the pocket and get ready for Princeton

Go...gate
October 2nd, 2010, 02:51 PM
Sounds like we have the running game going pretty well.

DFW HOYA
October 2nd, 2010, 03:02 PM
Not sure why Biddle kept Eachus in their until the final drive. Running up the score for a 4th TD in the stat book, perhaps?

For its part, Georgetown is a better team than this and just didn't come ready. Colgate did its part, however.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 2nd, 2010, 08:42 PM
Is it just me, or is DFW more comfortable talking about the Hoyas after a loss? xlolx

Seriously, Colgate went out and proved they're still the team to beat this year. Kudos to them.

DFW HOYA
October 2nd, 2010, 09:07 PM
Is it just me, or is DFW more comfortable talking about the Hoyas after a loss? xlolx
Seriously, Colgate went out and proved they're still the team to beat this year. Kudos to them.

This Georgetown team wasn't going 10-1 to begin with, but I think most people expected a better offensive game plan. Darby's injury didn't help.

Sader87
October 2nd, 2010, 09:09 PM
Colgate is probably the class of the league and would probably go 3-8 or 4-7 if they were in the CAA....the Patriot League is absolutely atrocious in football right now.

CFBfan
October 3rd, 2010, 07:17 AM
Sounds like we have the running game going pretty well.
you have the running game going VERY well!
i was at the game and in addition to a HUGE O-Line your QB makes the running game, taking nothing away from Eachus as he is very good but your QB is excellent with fakes and his own running. Unless Lehigh is very good AND plays a great game Colgate will go undefeated in the PL this year.
Thew way to beat them though is score some points, something GU couldn't do yesterday. The Raiders take 6, 7. 8 minutes off the clock with every drive and really didn't show they could strike quick. GU had one CB they picked on all day for 3rd and long conversions until he was taken out of the game.
Get a lead on Colgate and then maybe, if not the Raiders win the PL

ngineer
October 3rd, 2010, 09:35 AM
you have the running game going VERY well!
i was at the game and in addition to a HUGE O-Line your QB makes the running game, taking nothing away from Eachus as he is very good but your QB is excellent with fakes and his own running. Unless Lehigh is very good AND plays a great game Colgate will go undefeated in the PL this year.
Thew way to beat them though is score some points, something GU couldn't do yesterday. The Raiders take 6, 7. 8 minutes off the clock with every drive and really didn't show they could strike quick. GU had one CB they picked on all day for 3rd and long conversions until he was taken out of the game.
Get a lead on Colgate and then maybe, if not the Raiders win the PL

From what we know of Colgate, you are correct. You have to get up on them early. If not, they kill the clock with the ground assault.

ngineer
October 3rd, 2010, 09:37 AM
Colgate is probably the class of the league and would probably go 3-8 or 4-7 if they were in the CAA....the Patriot League is absolutely atrocious in football right now.

Glad to see Mr. Redundancy is still on message.!!:D

ColgateTD
October 3rd, 2010, 10:26 AM
I was there. It was a classic beautiful fall day for a football game in the Chenango Valley. I'll take the win, but must say Biddle needs to play the second string and air out the ball a bit when the score gets that lopsided. Give the fans some excitement in the 4th Q, otherwise pretty boring.

Go...gate
October 3rd, 2010, 05:03 PM
I was there. It was a classic beautiful fall day for a football game in the Chenango Valley. I'll take the win, but must say Biddle needs to play the second string and air out the ball a bit when the score gets that lopsided. Give the fans some excitement in the 4th Q, otherwise pretty boring.

There are lots of bigger and nicer stadia all over the place, but Hamilton, NY and Andy Kerr Stadium in early October is just a wonderful place that is hard to match.

DFW HOYA
October 3rd, 2010, 06:36 PM
There are lots of bigger and nicer stadia all over the place, but Hamilton, NY and Andy Kerr Stadium in early October is just a wonderful place that is hard to match.

Like its big brother at Schoellkopf Field, the crescent at AKS is fine but the visitors side is a bit lacking. I'd like to see Colgate build another crescent to complete the build, but that small Homecoming crowd might preclude such thoughts.

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2010, 06:43 PM
Like its big brother at Schoellkopf Field, the crescent at AKS is fine but the visitors side is a bit lacking. I'd like to see Colgate build another crescent to complete the build, but that small Homecoming crowd might preclude such thoughts.

Given the press box, another crescent might be harder to pull off. If anything, those bleachers need to have their ends cut off and shortened. Generally meant for use by visitors, we rarely draw decently on that side of the stadium. Of course, I've never seen the crescent filled either, so arguably the whole place could be smaller...

colorless raider
October 3rd, 2010, 06:45 PM
"Small" homecoming crowd? As a twice visitor to the MSF I know small crowd when I see one DFW. Get back to the drawing board and get some muscle so you can play with us.

Go...gate
October 3rd, 2010, 08:04 PM
Given the press box, another crescent might be harder to pull off. If anything, those bleachers need to have their ends cut off and shortened. Generally meant for use by visitors, we rarely draw decently on that side of the stadium. Of course, I've never seen the crescent filled either, so arguably the whole place could be smaller...

Probably as those aluminum bleacher sections (installed about 1983 to replace the splinter-ridden wood) begin to reach the end of their useful life, something will be done.