PDA

View Full Version : NO. Colorado best ranking among Big Sky schools.

ncbears
February 2nd, 2006, 10:08 AM
Northern Colorado has the highest ranking among Big Sky schools for this years class! They're ranked 119 according to Rivals.Com. We're going to open some eyes.
http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?Year=2006&Page=5&Type=0&Sort=0

bluehenbillk
February 2nd, 2006, 10:11 AM
I'm sorry to break it to you, but you can't use this particular Rivals rankings to rate recruits, as it only rates schools that have Rivals sites. If all you have is one 1-star recruit you're way behind some other Big Sky schools.

AmsterBison
February 2nd, 2006, 10:13 AM
Hey, at least Northern Colorado got ranked - NDSU isn't even on the list (and if we were, we'd be last).

grizband
February 2nd, 2006, 10:31 AM
I'm sorry to break it to you, but you can't use this particular Rivals rankings to rate recruits, as it only rates schools that have Rivals sites. If all you have is one 1-star recruit you're way behind some other Big Sky schools.
Also, as was stated on egriz, alot of these recruiting websites are not up to par as far as talent in Montana goes. Sure, they know about California and Colorado, but when it comes to Montana and Idaho, their knowledge is lacking. With that said, welcome to the Sky, I hope you enjoy your time here (but not too much). ;)

PantherRob82
February 2nd, 2006, 10:47 AM
Montana has the best recruiting class in the Big Sky, if not, the country. If they can get the transfer to gel, I'd have a hard time not picking them to win it all.

That said, we have a pretty good team back, and I hope our transfers gel as well. :hyped:

DaGriz
February 2nd, 2006, 12:17 PM
Still nice to UNC come to the Big Sky with a successful recruiting year. UNC should be competitive right out of the shoot. Looking forward to the UNC game this year.

catbob
February 2nd, 2006, 12:43 PM
Still nice to UNC come to the Big Sky with a successful recruiting year. UNC should be competitive right out of the shoot. Looking forward to the UNC game this year.

Me too, we owe you. Jackson ripped us up last time.

Ronbo
February 2nd, 2006, 12:45 PM
I've talked before how Montana has had their success with mostly Montana kids. 55 on the 2005 squad and we had 7 more this recruiting class, plus we'll have several Montana walkons. Football in Montana is king, no hockey or baseball to compete for athletes, and basketball takes a back seat. To the recruiting services we almost don't even exsist. Many very good players fly under the I-A radar. Of the recruiting classes we get from Montana every year some of the kids would have been offered I-A if they played in Texas or California. I'm glad our kids don't get noticed!

This year we'll have about 15-16 Montana kids starting, and another 15-16 playing significantly. We'll be top 10 again and favored to take the sky.

But good luck to Northern Colorado, welcome to the Jungle!

Bronco
February 2nd, 2006, 01:21 PM
Good job NC

Get some on field success and use that to improve your stadium. Success opens up the pocket book. Or do what we did and build it and they will come.

grizband
February 2nd, 2006, 02:18 PM
Me too, we owe you. Jackson ripped us up last time.
Jackson ripped just about everybody up last time, Griz included.

SochorField
February 2nd, 2006, 03:34 PM
Tough opener this year for the Aggies. Northern Colorado will be much improved.

slostang
February 2nd, 2006, 07:46 PM
Tough opener this year for the Aggies. Northern Colorado will be much improved.
I would rather get them in the beginning of the year when they are trying to get comfortable with a new coaches system then getting them in the end of the season when they have had time to gel. I do agree with you that UNC will much improved.

Go Great West!!!
Go Cal Poly!!!

BisBison
February 2nd, 2006, 09:41 PM
UNC should be competitive next year??? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: they couldn't compete in the Great West last year, it'll be interesting to see how they stack up in their new conference, I predict they go 2-6 in their freshman year in the BSC :asswhip:

DaBears
February 3rd, 2006, 12:57 AM
UNC should be competitive next year??? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: they couldn't compete in the Great West last year, it'll be interesting to see how they stack up in their new conference, I predict they go 2-6 in their freshman year in the BSC :asswhip:

Are you a little bitter? I know we got in the BSC and you didn't but you shouldn't let that resentment show through so blatantly.