PDA

View Full Version : UNSUNG HEROS

shooty
February 2nd, 2006, 09:52 AM
Tell me something about the unsung heros of the teams, i.e. lines, both offense and defense. :hurray:

UNH 40
February 2nd, 2006, 10:09 AM
Tell me something about the unsung heros of the teams, i.e. lines, both offense and defense. :hurray:

For five years a kid named Derek Stank out of Etters, PA played on the D-line at UNH. He moved from DE to DT even though he was undersized at 6'5" 240-245 give or take a couple pounds. He played harder than anyone who i have ever seen play in my life. There was no such thing as 99% with this kid, he always was giving 100% no matter how his body felt. He played with complete disregard for his body. He was also unbelievable in the weight room 350 bench, 485 squat, and most impressively a 385 power clean. He was also great in the classroom. I believe he was second team all-conference this past season, he had a great career at UNH.

EagleCrusade
February 2nd, 2006, 10:33 AM

I saw an article about 2 years ago about a Wofford player with webbed feet. It's a real aricle by the AP. Im sure i could find it for you.

grizband
February 2nd, 2006, 10:34 AM
Thatcher Szalay, an offensive lineman who graduated from Montana in either 2002 or 2003, was a two time all state tennis player in high school.

UNHknowledge
February 2nd, 2006, 12:12 PM
For five years a kid named Derek Stank out of Etters, PA played on the D-line at UNH. He moved from DE to DT even though he was undersized at 6'5" 240-245 give or take a couple pounds. He played harder than anyone who i have ever seen play in my life. There was no such thing as 99% with this kid, he always was giving 100% no matter how his body felt. He played with complete disregard for his body. He was also unbelievable in the weight room 350 bench, 485 squat, and most impressively a 385 power clean. He was also great in the classroom. I believe he was second team all-conference this past season, he had a great career at UNH.

If there was a national unsung hero award...Stank would definitly deserve it or atleast be a finalist. He was an absolute animal. Definitly deserved FIRST TEAM all conference, unfortunately UNH's reputation as a "weak defensive" team hurt his chances. UNH was robbed with 0 first teamers on defense (an outcry being that they led the nation in forced turnovers, and 2nd in conference in sacks).