PDA

View Full Version : Iowa State's Jason Berryman

nmatsen
February 2nd, 2006, 07:18 AM
As many of you may know and many may not Iowa State University has been the home to rush end Jason Berryman for the last 3 years. His true freshman year he was the Freshman Defensive Player of the year in the Big XII and name to the second team all conference list. In between years one and two he was sent to jail for 9 months for Assault and Robbery. He got into a fight at a bar about 2 weeks before fall camp started and managed to take the kids cell phone because he was calling the cops and the other $3.40 in the kids pocket (in my opinion if he was not a football player he would have been placed on probation and not sent up the river) After being let back on the team following his release he was given a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY he returned only to be a dominating force again on Iowa State's defense and recorded 4.5 sacks during their Bowl Game alone. Needless to say he definitly had a Big XII all conference year but who was going to give him that honor right after leaving the state pen. Tuesday afternoon it was announced he would be asked to leave the team following an incident over the weekend where Berryman was cited for being in an adult establishment underage (two weeks before the big 21). Speculation around here is that he will transfer to a I-AA school. Although we would love to have him at Northern Iowa given the right circumstances and agreements (that is my personal opinion and not nececarrily that of the instition or other Panther fans) there is speculation on our boards about him going to Missouri State, where his former Associate Head Coach Terry Allen has just taken the Head Coaching Job. Or, with him being a native of Houston born and raised there has been suggestions that he could attend a Texas I-AA like Texas State, Sam Houston or Stephen F Austin. Does anyone out there have any other insight to this situation as all we have at this time is speculation?

UNH 40
February 2nd, 2006, 09:22 AM
He would have forty sacks if he transfered to one of those teams, that would be unreal to watch. I forget which bowl game it was that he played in, but he was as good as any defensive end that i saw during this years bowl games and i saw a lot of them.

Killtoppers90
February 2nd, 2006, 09:37 AM
I hope he goes somewhere outside of the Gateway to be honest. I sure as HELL don't wanna face him.

PantherRob82
February 2nd, 2006, 10:49 AM
looks like the invite is open here in CF...

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pb.../1091/SPORTS02

It's hard to sneak up on anybody in the NFL anymore. The guys with the stopwatches will find you in Springfield. Or Cedar Falls, a stop that worked well for former Iowa cornerback Benny Sapp - and not so well for troubled Iowa City native Hakim Hill.

"I think that's something we'd have to talk pretty carefully about," said Northern Iowa athletic director Rick Hartzell, who, as of late Wednesday afternoon, had yet to hear from anyone in the Berryman camp.

"My posture is always the same: Kids deserve a second chance."

FL connection
February 2nd, 2006, 08:19 PM
Would be the icing on the cake at EIU..........can you hear me Jason!!!!!!! connection out!!!