PDA

View Full Version : Moses Recognized for Performance Against Lamar

SFA 93
September 28th, 2010, 05:53 PM
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/sasu/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/5771375.jpeg

Jeremy Moses receives CFPA honorable mention honors

Sept. 28, 2010

Senior quarterback Jeremy Moses received College Football Performance Award Honorable Mention honors for his efforts against Lamar over the weekend. Moses is the second Lumberjack player to be recognized by the CFPA during the 2010 season.

http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/092810aaa.html

AxeEmJacks
September 28th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Good to hear.

Now here come the naysayers.

houtexan
September 28th, 2010, 06:02 PM
At least something good came out of that game. :)

TexasTerror
September 28th, 2010, 06:06 PM
More and more awards out there this year it seems... never even heard of half of them!

Moses did not get SLC POTW. Wonder what the folks at SFA thought of that - but I wouldn't of voted for a player in a blowout with very few exceptions.

PantherRob82
September 28th, 2010, 06:13 PM
This board is quickly becoming the SFA board. :)

Syntax Error
September 28th, 2010, 07:29 PM
More and more awards out there this year it seems... never even heard of half of them!

College Football Performance Awards is a strange one, nearly entirely FBS. They claim a "scientific" basis for their awards, started in 2008, strangely only FBS folks win them. So FCS gets their own POTW from them.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 28th, 2010, 08:20 PM
I have no qualms with Moses - he is a good QB, and deserves some attention. His job is to do what his coach tells him, so if the coach says to keep throwing for the end zone when the opponent is tripping all over themselves and completely outclassed, that's his job.

purplejacks
September 28th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Wow... before you start tearing someone down, please look at the game stats. SFA scored 11 touchdowns against a really crappy Lamar team , but only four were passing TD's. One was a blocked punt, one was an interception return and the rest were rushing. Moses was just playing the game. When was the last time anyone ran down Drew Brees or Matt Schaub for having a big day?? Never! Leave Moses alone and tell Lamar to get better.

GrabbAnAxe
September 28th, 2010, 09:13 PM

Moses did not get SLC POTW. Wonder what the folks at SFA thought of that - but I wouldn't of voted for a player in a blowout with very few exceptions.

I would think that this would be one of those exceptions. Not taking anything away from the guy at Nicholls, because he obviously played well, but he did it against a school named after a breakfast food.

danefan
September 28th, 2010, 10:10 PM
I've been one of the biggest critics of Harper this year, but as I've stated in the past it has nothing to do with Moses or his on-field accomplishments. He's a very talented QB and is lucky to have the lot of receivers he does. He's not the most accurate passer but his WR's make him look very good and that has helped keep his INT numbers down this year.

The kid is a game changer at this level though. That's for sure. And no one can blame him for anything. He's a player executing the plays his coach tells him to. Nothing wrong with that.

AxeEmJacks
September 28th, 2010, 10:13 PM

Wouldn't have?

SFA 71
September 28th, 2010, 10:19 PM
... his WR's make him look very good and that has helped keep his INT numbers down this year.

It's interesting that his receivers this year consist of 3 sophomores and a freshman while his running back is also a sophomore. Makes me wonder who is making who look good. xconfusedx

BlueHenSinfonian
September 28th, 2010, 10:21 PM
It's interesting that his recievers this year consist of 3 sophomores and a freshman while his running back is also a sophomore. Makes me wonder whos is making who look good. xconfusedx

The best running back in the subdivision is a freshman, sometimes talent is just talent regardless of age.

AxeEmJacks
September 28th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Sometimes our talent is overlooked, regardless of age.