PDA

View Full Version : Game of the Week- Week 5

FCS Go!
September 27th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Let's hear it.

Big Dawg
September 27th, 2010, 09:17 PM
It could've been SCSU at FAMU(FAMU's home opener)...but we went up to ATL and played the ugliest brand of football I've seen in a long time on Saturday...sheesh

umassfan
September 27th, 2010, 09:24 PM
What Umass @ Towson isnt an option... this is an outrage.

GaSouthern
September 27th, 2010, 09:36 PM
I would vote FU vs. Woffie but I expect furple to roll so I went with the CAA Del vs. JMU... my pick is Del in this game for the upset.

Bogus Megapardus
September 27th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Many excellent games this week. I have to go with Villanova @ William & Mary.

Throwing a bone at the Ivy, are you? Dartmouth @ Penn is not a good choice. Albany @ Yale will be the best game involving the Ivy.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Georgetown Colgate should atleast be considered imo.

Bogus Megapardus
September 27th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Georgetown Colgate should atleast be considered imo.

Ummm . . . . no. Sorry.

darell1976
September 27th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Battle of the Dakota's!!! GO FIGHTING SIOUX!!!!

FCS Go!
September 27th, 2010, 10:32 PM

Throwing a bone at the Ivy, are you? Dartmouth @ Penn is not a good choice. Albany @ Yale will be the best game involving the Ivy.

I want a high post count for this thread so I purposefully left Albany out of the mix. What say you, Danefan (and others)? ;)

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Ummm . . . . no. Sorry.

Considered? Yes. Game of the week? No.

Bogus Megapardus
September 27th, 2010, 10:37 PM
I want a high post count for this thread so I purposefully left Albany out of the mix. What say you, Danefan (and others)? ;)

I have no doubt that Danefan would choose Harvard @ Lafayette instead xlolxxrotatehxxnodx

BlueHenSinfonian
September 27th, 2010, 10:44 PM
What Umass @ Towson isnt an option... this is an outrage.

I sort of feel bad for Towson. They don't have a game they can win until Halloween, and even that one might be a long shot.

MR. CHICKEN
September 27th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Battle of the Dakota's!!! GO FIGHTING SIOUX!!!!

POOR DARELL.....THINKS ANY GAME......WHIFF DUH WORD...DAKOTA......SHOOD BE ....PRIME-TIME........xsmhx....AWK!

Twentysix
September 27th, 2010, 11:38 PM
POOR DARELL.....THINKS ANY GAME......WHIFF DUH WORD...DAKOTA......SHOOD BE ....PRIME-TIME........xsmhx....AWK!

Hes not wrong, thats besides the point. I voted for the NDSU game out of homership, this poll has way to many MVFC team matchups in it, none of which deserve the limelight right now.

MR. CHICKEN
September 27th, 2010, 11:52 PM
EVERAH-ONE KNOWS...ANY CAA CONFRONTATION....TRUMPS.......ALL I-AA......xnonox..AWK!

Nebuta
September 28th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Easy - UD and JMU. Top 5 match up. Both having dreams of another NC. Game could be a factor when the commitee looks at playoff seeding.

Got to love CAA conference play. Is it Saturday yet?

Squealofthepig
September 28th, 2010, 12:29 AM
Guess this depends on how you define "Game of the Week". UD/JMU (my vote) is the one I'd like to be at most, but it probably isn't the most important one for playoffs (both SHOULD make the playoffs, and while it may affect seeds, it shouldn't hurt the loser for playoff considerations in general). YSU @ SMSU could be more of an elimination game, OTOH; both teams seem to be improved, and the battle at Briggs could spell the beginning of the end for the loser, and will definitely affect the race for the Valley crown.

busybee14
September 28th, 2010, 05:30 AM
I am a little biased, but Jax St vs Murray St gets my vote. Big OVC match up.

CFBfan
September 28th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Ummm . . . . no. Sorry.
if you put Dartmouth / Penn in there you HAVE to put Colgate / GU !! I'm just say'in

caribbeanhen
September 28th, 2010, 06:38 AM

to borrow a phrase...... ummm.... no, sorry

zymergy
September 28th, 2010, 06:47 AM
to borrow a phrase...... ummm.... no, sorry

Unless of course W&M pull the upset. If Villy plays like they did against Penn it sure could happen!

darell1976
September 28th, 2010, 08:10 AM

We are going for a conference title since we are not playoff eligible so every GWFC game is a game of the week for us Dakota teams.

Gil Dobie
September 28th, 2010, 08:38 AM
We are going for a conference title since we are not playoff eligible so every GWFC game is a game of the week for us Dakota teams.

CS and AGS are the only places we hear about schools outside of the upper midwest anyway.

JMUNJ08
September 28th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Dartmouth/Penn is only important in Ivy land but the rest all have playoff implications as conference play gets into full swing!

darell1976
September 28th, 2010, 01:57 PM
CS and AGS are the only places we hear about schools outside of the upper midwest anyway.

Until 1 of us Dakota 4 teams win the national title we won't gain any respect.

jstclmet
September 28th, 2010, 03:53 PM
UD @ JMU. Both teams are undefeated, and ranked in the top 7. I think both games are being televised on Comcast back to back. So, you have a good afternoon of being a couch potato if you can't get to Zable or Bridgeforth.

jmufan999
September 28th, 2010, 05:42 PM
UD/JMU is the best matchup of two good teams, but may not be the most interesting to some (i think every football game is great but i'm obsessed with football in general)... if you want high scoring, this is not the game for you. only way it becomes high scoring is if one or both teams has trouble hanging on to the ball.

given JMU's history in that area, that makes me nervous.

VUCats02
September 28th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Delaware and JMU is definitely an intriguing matchup. Nova and William & Mary probably aren't getting many votes because they both played poorly last week. Let's not forget though, it is a rematch of last year's semi-final game.

CopperCat
September 28th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Until 1 of us Dakota 4 teams move to an east coast conference we won't gain any respect.

There, fixed it for ya.

Between you and me, I'd rather watch the UND/USD game this weekend.

Go...gate
September 28th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Georgetown-Colgate.