PDA

View Full Version : Name your recruiting trips... PART 2

TxSt02
January 31st, 2006, 09:43 PM
From thread: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7203

OK so it is the eve of signing day... where is your fax heading to in morning?

I picked Cal Poly over NDSU, Montana, Harvard and San Diego...

I liked Cal Poly's location and growth potential as football program. NDSU was a somewhat close second because of the rabid fans at the Fargo Dome and the potential as a football program...

colgate13
January 31st, 2006, 10:07 PM
Princeton. It's so clear to me, I don't know why they aren't a I-AA powerhouse.

mainejeff
January 31st, 2006, 10:11 PM
I'm signing with Montana. Took a recruiting visit in the fall of 2004, and loved the facilites, fan support and tradition they have. Plus I know that I'll have a chance to win a National Championship.

Others considered:

Cal Poly
James Madison

bodoyle
January 31st, 2006, 10:35 PM
Eventhough Montana and GSU and Furman offered me boatloads of money I decided on Coastal Carolina because CDB is a great guy (no money offered). xlolx j/k

I would still go to Coastal...be part of the start of a great thing, couldn't pass that up.

Sorry incase you were confused, CDB = http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/bigsouth/images/davidbennett.jpg our great coach. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

FUwolfpacker
January 31st, 2006, 10:45 PM
Like I said in the other post....considering I'm about to graduate from Furman, I'll leave them out.

Going off of my list in the other thread, I would cut my list to 3 (James Madison, App. State, and Montana).

About noon on signing day I would fax my letter of intent to....

James Madison

In the end, even in this made up world, my dislike of ASU wouldn't let me go there.
The fact that Montana is a long way from home and that it can get pretty darn cold there would sway me to JMU despite Montana's impressive history.

HiHiYikas
January 31st, 2006, 11:31 PM
It's just so hard to imagine myself as a High School football stud...

I can't remove the "will become a Baptist minister someday" notion from this hypothetical situation.

Still, I grew up 35 miles from Boone, and this Mountaineer can't bring himself to send the fax to Furman (though I probably should).

Richmond it is.

rokamortis
January 31st, 2006, 11:34 PM
Georgia Southern

ucdtim17
January 31st, 2006, 11:50 PM
I like the east coast, but I wouldn't see myself leaving California, so CP it is

Eagle_77
February 1st, 2006, 08:00 AM
I would have to go to Montana. Playing in front of large crowds while competing year in and year out for a NC has always been a draw for me which is why I have followed Michigan for so long.

colgate13
February 1st, 2006, 08:30 AM
Question: Are any of you are considering the academic angle to all of this? In this hypothetical you can write your I-AA ticket anywhere...

th0m
February 1st, 2006, 08:37 AM
I would go for App. State.

bodoyle
February 1st, 2006, 08:38 AM
No academic angle here, I'm going to the NFL. xlolx xlolx xlolx

I dunt kneed an edukatien

Eaglegus2
February 1st, 2006, 08:47 AM
Lordy!! Lordy!!! If I was a high school stud? No way in hell was I a stud. I weighed only 170 & stood 6'2" in high school. I had very good speed.

Instead of meters, we had yards. I ran a 10.1 hundred yard dash. I guess I would have been a wide receiver.

Where would I go in I-AA? I would visit McNeese St. - love that Louisiana food and their women are just as hot. Delaware would be another choice. Montana is a great place with the opportunity to play in a Championship game. To far from Georgia for my relatives to watch me play. UNH is to damn cold, but Delaware also. Still like the Hens. Texas State is in a warm weather climate. Their fans are rabid about them. Cannot accept any offer from Furman or App State. Well, I could from Furman.

My choice would be between Delaware & McNeese State. I really don't know which one to choose.

JMU Duke Dog
February 1st, 2006, 08:51 AM
I guess I will stay away from saying JMU because that is not as fun by just going with where one already is. :smiley_wi

I have narrowed my list down to:
4. Coastal Carolina - great location, great stadium; however, I would not choose the Chants because of their current conference affiliation lacks a guaranteed playoff berth

3. Cal Poly - living on the west coast could be really fun at what is becoming a great program; however, I have no relatives out there to watch me play

2. Appalachian State - historically successful program just off of a national championship; however, after growing up in the Appalachian Mountains I would like to take a change in scenery

1. William & Mary - great academic reputation along with historically good football program, also nearby the coast enough for this mountain kid

OL FU
February 1st, 2006, 12:41 PM
I'm going to Harvard. :D

And then transferring to Coastal due due to academics reasons. :nod:

:)

Pard4Life
February 1st, 2006, 02:29 PM
My original recruiting list..

1. Princeton.. aweseome stadium, love the area, Woodrow Wilson school is top-notch
2. Yale.. superb school, and you get to play in 'The (other) Game'.
3. Harvard.. great tradition, outstanding chance to win a title each year
4. Colgate.. I'd like the idea of playing in Siberia, snow, cold, and I-AA playoffs, and I'd get to work part-time at the hockey games
5. Dartmouth (restart a winning tradition and nice area) or Penn (have one now)

The clock creeps toward midnight, the letter of intent is signed.. and the stud RB is dialing a 908 area code... Princeton it is!!

Although the decision to install FieldTurf temporarily scuttled my opinion a bit, I realized there are more significant reasons to consider... like academics, alumni connections, football facilities, and job networking. That and a recruiting party likely ;) solidified my opinion.

Colgate made a strong run in the end to finish #2, followed by Harvard, Yale, Penn... coaching changes at Penn decreased my interest.

colgate13
February 1st, 2006, 02:39 PM
The clock creeps toward midnight, the letter of intent is signed.. and the stud RB is dialing a 908 area code... Princeton it is!!

Hey teammate. Looks like during fall camp I'll be knocking the snot out of you from my linebacker spot. ;)

Pard4Life
February 1st, 2006, 02:49 PM
Hey teammate. Looks like during fall camp I'll be knocking the snot out of you from my linebacker spot. ;)

Bring it on... I love getting walloped.. :hyped:

colgate13
February 1st, 2006, 03:12 PM
Bring it on... I love getting walloped.. :hyped:

xlolx

Judging by this list so far, I'd say Princeton is looking like the top rated class this year!

Husky Alum
February 1st, 2006, 03:22 PM
Although I was born and raised in New Haven, if I was accepted at the Ivies I was interested in, I'm going to Harvard.

There's something about being able to go home and walk around in a Harvard sweatshirt and pissing people off.

Plus, after The Game this year, it would have swayed me that Harvard's coaching is far superior to Yale's.