PDA

View Full Version : NO happy fans at EKU

ekufbfan
September 26th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Worst start for EKU since the 1960's. No one is happy in Richmond. The offensive coordinator at best has no imagination and at worst NO CLUE xoopsx. Think we have some talent on the team, but certainly lacking with the oc and perhaps other places. Have not yet had a home game .(October! what's up with that kind of scheduling?). Very disppointing to see this fine program dismantled in such a short time.

JSU02
September 26th, 2010, 11:07 PM
maybe you can beat kentucky state? I'm sure that would make you feel A LOT better. xrolleyesx

tw_fatcat
September 26th, 2010, 11:07 PM
You seem like you are not happy. Care to talk about it?:D

JSU02
September 26th, 2010, 11:13 PM
We will probably allow you to take us to octuple overtime before finishing you off. I'm sure that will boost your teams self-esteem. It did wonders for GA ST! They think they are getting an invite to the Big East next week because of it! xlolx

ekufbfan
September 26th, 2010, 11:20 PM
We will probably allow you to take us to octuple overtime before finishing you off. I'm sure that will boost your teams self-esteem. It did wonders for GA ST! They think they are getting an invite to the Big East next week because of it! xlolx

LOL. No, I think we are little more "sophisticated" fans than that, been there done that, if you will.

maybe you can beat kentucky state? I'm sure that would make you feel A LOT better

Beat Ky State? If we don't, I will feel a whole lot worse! But it's gonna take a whole lot more than a win agains KSU to make this EKU fan feel better.

And not having a home game until the first weekend in October has not sat well with EKU fans.

JSU02
September 26th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Surely y'all are a little happy WKU hasn't won a game in years, LOL

JSU02
September 26th, 2010, 11:26 PM
DOH! I should have done my research before posting. Seems like y'all were one of their last wins xoopsx

ekufbfan
September 26th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Surely y'all are a little happy WKU hasn't won a game in years, LOL

Can't even be happy about that, how can that make us feel better when we are so bad ourselves. If we were winning, yeah, be something to laugh about, right now we both have bought a ticket on the Titanic.

JSU02
September 26th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Well at least you didn't spend as much on your cruise ticket as they did!

Redhawk2010
September 27th, 2010, 01:32 PM
I feel your pain about not having home games early on. SEMO just had their first home game this weekend and it was Family Weekend already. Then the Redhawks hit the road again this next weekend at EIU. And you can feel our pain for a change too.. SEMO is 3-1 and off to a great start! The community has some excitement and I know the football building is excited for a change...

Jackman
September 27th, 2010, 04:26 PM
These EKU fans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAPPncrcVLY) seem happy...

Cocky
September 27th, 2010, 04:39 PM
I didn't know the Fonz and Carrie Wilson were rappers?

ekufbfan
September 27th, 2010, 04:55 PM
These EKU fans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAPPncrcVLY) seem happy...

Classless attempt to gain 5 minutes of attention xthumbsdownx
and pathetic that they don't see how ignorant they look, am sure they have made their momma's proud. xeyebrowx

TTUEagles
September 27th, 2010, 07:23 PM
No offense, but, I don't feel sorry for EKU at all...it could be worse, you could be a TTU fan.
Look at your signature vs mine - you have a lot of history to fall back on...This year might not have started well, but, at least you do have some semblance of an actual "Fan base" that won't take losing, etc. And, TTU's first home game was only played in 25 minutes due to weather, where only about 8 people showed up.
(Not trying to turn this into a pity party - a weird way to try & make you feel better and show you what you really have)
Good luck (Except in Cookeville)...

Redhawk2010
September 27th, 2010, 07:32 PM
No offense, but, I don't feel sorry for EKU at all...it could be worse, you could be a TTU fan.
Look at your signature vs mine - you have a lot of history to fall back on...This year might not have started well, but, at least you do have some semblance of an actual "Fan base" that won't take losing, etc. And, TTU's first home game was only played in 25 minutes due to weather, where only about 8 people showed up.
(Not trying to turn this into a pity party - a weird way to try & make you feel better and show you what you really have)
Good luck (Except in Cookeville)...

Still more than we've got here! A lot of people around here would be happy if SEMO can finish with a winning record in the OVC. I'm not sure that's happened in football.. Granted SEMO has only been in the OVC 15-20 years so we don't have the same history as TTU or other schools..

TTUEagles
September 27th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Yes, but this was supposed to be a banner year at TTU and then SE Missouri absolutely hands us our @$$...Needless to say, I was VERY disappointed - no offense meant to SE Missouri.

Redhawk2010
September 27th, 2010, 07:59 PM
I'm not sure what it is, but I just feel like this is going to be a good year for the Redhawks. Not sure exactly because really a lot of the main pieces to the puzzle are the same as last year. That includes both players and coaches. But I'm really excited about this season and I know that the guys in the football program are too. I think the Redhawks are going to surprise some people this season. They already have to an extent. Hopefully it continues..

JSU02
September 27th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Yes, but this was supposed to be a banner year at TTU

Really? What is your definition of banner?

JSU02
September 27th, 2010, 10:14 PM
I'm not sure what it is, but I just feel like this is going to be a good year for the Redhawks. Not sure exactly because really a lot of the main pieces to the puzzle are the same as last year. That includes both players and coaches. But I'm really excited about this season and I know that the guys in the football program are too. I think the Redhawks are going to surprise some people this season. They already have to an extent. Hopefully it continues..

I'm really Glad SEMO has stepped it up. Looks like SEMO and JSU are prolly gonna be the OVCs only chances to get 2 teams into the playoffs this year...

Bam
September 28th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Yea boy, as the young lady said "don't F with Colonels!!!" Like the south, we will rise again!!!

JSU02
September 28th, 2010, 11:28 AM
perhaps, but it seems as though many teams will get to have there way with the Colonels this year.

Bam
September 28th, 2010, 11:40 AM
I'm really Glad SEMO has stepped it up. Looks like SEMO and JSU are prolly gonna be the OVCs only chances to get 2 teams into the playoffs this year...

Do you really think the OVC gets 2 teams in this yr & one being SEMO? The Redhawks have won their first two OVC games for just the second time since joining the league in 1991. The other 2-0 OVC start came in 2002. Southeast never has been 3-0 in the OVC. Happy hour started a little early today?

busybee14
September 28th, 2010, 11:45 AM

Semo is a surprise this year, and we got ***** smacked by them. A light bulb went on in Murray this last week and we may give JSU fans their $$$ worth on Sat.
After 3 weeks both Semo and Murray in the top 4 in OVC. Who woulda thought.

jaxstatealum
September 28th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Semo is a surprise this year, and we got ***** smacked by them. A light bulb went on in Murray this last week and we may give JSU fans their $$$ worth on Sat.
After 3 weeks both Semo and Murray in the top 4 in OVC. Who woulda thought.

I do believe the ponies will give us a heck of a game - no question. As for our monies worth.... We've gotten that all year... just sayn....

jaxstatealum
September 28th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Do you really think the OVC gets 2 teams in this yr...

Not a snowballs chance...

JSU02
September 28th, 2010, 01:46 PM
If semo wins out (except for the JSU game which we will win by 1 point in an overly dramatic, come from behind victory) then how could they not go to the playoffs?

Bam
September 28th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Loss to EKU will hamper there hopes.

jaxstatealum
September 28th, 2010, 02:11 PM
If semo wins out (except for the JSU game which we will win by 1 point in an overly dramatic, come from behind victory) then how could they not go to the playoffs?

02 it's not that I don't wish the OVC could get two teams in, but until we as a conference prove we belong we won't be given the benefit of the doubt. A weaker (by W-L only) CAA team will get the nod. Besides, as Bam says you won't keep EKU down long... Long season left to play...

busybee14
September 28th, 2010, 02:30 PM
I do believe the ponies will give us a heck of a game - no question. As for our monies worth.... We've gotten that all year... just sayn....
No doubt

ekufbfan
September 28th, 2010, 03:25 PM
02 it's not that I don't wish the OVC could get two teams in, but until we as a conference prove we belong we won't be given the benefit of the doubt. A weaker (by W-L only) CAA team will get the nod. Besides, as Bam says you won't keep EKU down long... Long season left to play...

I hope you are right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!xsmileyclapx

As far as two OVC teams in the playoffs, does not happen often, and would be a surprise if it happpens this year. That said it is still pretty early to predict what two teams finish 1 & 2, a lot could happen between now and Nov.

Redhawk2010
September 28th, 2010, 07:47 PM
So if the Redhawks run the table, do two teams get in? May be getting a little excited early, but the way this team has played this year there's reason to be excited. Really only a few plays away from it being very close at Ball State. If the Redhawks beat the teams they should (record-wise) that puts them at 8-3, 9-2, 10-1? At 10-1 they'll get in as OVC Champs. At 9-2 I think it could come down to how they fare against Jacksonville. I don't think you'll see the Redhawks implode as they have done before. We were actually pretty close to busting through in 2008 going 4-8 but really only two of those losses were no-doubters.

TTUEagles
September 28th, 2010, 08:26 PM
With the expanded playoff field this year, getting 2 OVC teams in this year is more of a possibility than in recent years. But, in my opinion, it would have to be with 2 1-loss teams or an undefeated and 1-loss team in conference play.

MSUBear42
September 28th, 2010, 08:40 PM
So if the Redhawks run the table, do two teams get in? May be getting a little excited early, but the way this team has played this year there's reason to be excited. Really only a few plays away from it being very close at Ball State. If the Redhawks beat the teams they should (record-wise) that puts them at 8-3, 9-2, 10-1? At 10-1 they'll get in as OVC Champs. At 9-2 I think it could come down to how they fare against Jacksonville. I don't think you'll see the Redhawks implode as they have done before. We were actually pretty close to busting through in 2008 going 4-8 but really only two of those losses were no-doubters.

LOL! You guys start 3-1 and you think you're world beaters all of a sudden.

JaxSinfonian
September 28th, 2010, 08:57 PM
So if the Redhawks run the table, do two teams get in?

If a 9-2 SEMO team can't get in a 20-team playoff, then something's wrong with the system. I'm not saying you won't beat Jax State, but that's not the outcome I'm counting on. (To better answer your question, if you run the table, you've won the OVC title, and a hopefully 10-1, No. 11-ish Jax State team should get an at-large bid.) Of course, a lot could still happen. SEMO & Jax State could both collapse. EKU, which hasn't played an OVC game yet, could wake up and win out. It's really too early to be making any end-of-season assumptions.

ekufbfan
September 28th, 2010, 11:25 PM
EKU, which hasn't played an OVC game yet, could wake up and win out

surely EKU has heard the alarm by now so please let that happen.....xnodxxnodxxnodx but not holding my breathxsmhx

Redhawk2010
September 29th, 2010, 08:56 AM
LOL! You guys start 3-1 and you think you're world beaters all of a sudden.

Negative. But if you look at our schedule, we have EIU at 0-4 and EKU at 0-4 along with Southwest Baptist on the schedule still. SBU had better be a win and the EIU and EKU should be a win with the way the teams are playing. And the Redhawks are finally playing well. This is a very different SEMO team..

JSU02
September 29th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Negative. But if you look at our schedule, we have EIU at 0-4 and EKU at 0-4 along with Southwest Baptist on the schedule still. SBU had better be a win and the EIU and EKU should be a win with the way the teams are playing. And the Redhawks are finally playing well. This is a very different SEMO team..

Agreed, other than playing at Jax State, its all down hill for SEMO

Bam
September 29th, 2010, 12:26 PM

EKU is 0-3 now & the boys will be 3-3 going into the SEMO game. FYI, those SBU Bearcats are tougher than you think.

Redhawk2010
September 29th, 2010, 12:29 PM
I'm sorry. I just assumed they had played 4 games as well.

Bam
September 29th, 2010, 12:37 PM
I'm sorry. I just assumed they had played 4 games as well.

Last week was a bye week for EKU.

MSUDuo
September 29th, 2010, 02:49 PM
FYI, those SBU Bearcats are tougher than you think.

The same D2 SBU team that is 3-2 with 3 wins over NAIA teams? The same team that lost to Truman State and got blasted by UCM 60-13? Surely you aren't talking about that SBU...

Redhawk2010
September 29th, 2010, 09:35 PM
The same D2 SBU team that is 3-2 with 3 wins over NAIA teams? The same team that lost to Truman State and got blasted by UCM 60-13? Surely you aren't talking about that SBU...

They actually gave us quite a fight in 2008. SEMO won the game, but its only lead of the night came in overtime! Like I said, it's a different SEMO team this year...

MSUDuo
September 29th, 2010, 11:54 PM
They actually gave us quite a fight in 2008. SEMO won the game, but its only lead of the night came in overtime! Like I said, it's a different SEMO team this year...

Oh, I know. Went to SBU for 4 years. Had a ton of guys on my hall up watching the game on the internet that night. Should have won the game and killed ourselves with penalties if I remember right.

But I digress, it does seem SEMO has figured something out and it is good to see. Hopefully it can continue.

Bam
September 30th, 2010, 07:27 AM

I was being a smarta** my friends. Go Bearcats!

MSUDuo
September 30th, 2010, 08:57 AM
I was being a smarta** my friends. Go Bearcats!

Oh yes, we still have great memories of that from week 1 xlolx

Bam
September 30th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Oh yes, we still have great memories of that from week 1 xlolx

Week 1, 2 & 3 have all left my memory banks. xbangx