PDA

View Full Version : Is Harper's Actions Costing Moses Payton Votes?

TexasTerror
September 26th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I think so...

SFA is getting hit week after week by fans on the interwebs regarding questionable behavior in running up the score, allegedly faking injuries and poor sportsmanship...

Whether you believe this to be true or not in each allegation - the fact remains, SFA is getting negative attention EVERY WEEK and while not all of those members on this board are voters for the prestigious awards - there are some that are and even more who lurk this board who are...

So is SFA's actions, particularly that of their head coach, who is the face or the program - costing Jeremy Moses votes for the Payton? Thoughts?

achrist70
September 26th, 2010, 02:35 PM
That is a good question, which I am really not sure about.

What I am sure about is that SFA was one of the most classless teams ever to come to the UNI Dome.

fcs'sbest
September 26th, 2010, 02:48 PM
I dont think anyone cares to be honest with you. Good thing we have a playoff system and we dont rely on a popularity contest to see who plays for the nation championship, or to see who wins a conference title.

McNeese75
September 26th, 2010, 02:52 PM
It might reflect negatively on Harper as a candidate for Coach of the Year but I do not see it hurting Moses.

AxeEmJacks
September 26th, 2010, 02:54 PM
xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox These are just attempts to scapegoat one of the best quarterbacks the Southland conference has ever seen. I'm sure coach Harper heard all about how good Lamar was supposed to be. That was a statement game. As for Albany and UNI calling SFA classless, its not classless to play to the best of your ability. You made mistakes in the red zone? Awesome, that's part of the game.

SFA is making it's mark on the FCS and there will be haters. I'm sure you've seen all the new Jacks faces on the board since we've started our run going back to last year. I'm also sure there are new faces because we're tired of being lambasted for playing a game the way its supposed to be played.

GO JACKS!

achrist70
September 26th, 2010, 03:03 PM
xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox These are just attempts to scapegoat one of the best quarterbacks the Southland conference has ever seen. I'm sure coach Harper heard all about how good Lamar was supposed to be. That was a statement game. As for Albany and UNI calling SFA classless, its not classless to play to the best of your ability. You made mistakes in the red zone? Awesome, that's part of the game.

SFA is making it's mark on the FCS and there will be haters. I'm sure you've seen all the new Jacks faces on the board since we've started our run going back to last year. I'm also sure there are new faces because we're tired of being lambasted for playing a game the way its supposed to be played.

GO JACKS!

UNI lost the game I know that, we blew many chances I know that.

That doesn't take away from the fact that SFA is full of cheap shot players, and they blew kisses to UNI fans as they left the field. If that is the way football is supposed to be played I guess no one ever told me.

AxeEmJacks
September 26th, 2010, 03:06 PM
UNI lost the game I know that, we blew many chances I know that.

That doesn't take away from the fact that SFA is full of cheap shot players, and they blew kisses to UNI fans as they left the field. If that is the way football is supposed to be played I guess no one ever told me.

That's classless? These are kids who are playing some of the best football this school has ever seen. Also, they blew kisses... boo-hoo.

achrist70
September 26th, 2010, 03:10 PM
That's classless? These are kids who are playing some of the best football this school has ever seen. Also, they blew kisses... boo-hoo.

That shows a lot about your program

Syntax Error
September 26th, 2010, 03:14 PM
That shows a lot about your program

SFA and UNI have been in the same amount of D-I Championship games.

GrabbAnAxe
September 26th, 2010, 03:18 PM
It amazes me how these threads just continue to become more and more absurd with every week, and we've only played four games this year. I can't say I'm naive enough to say that the team is full of Mother Theresa's when it comes to character, but what football team is?? At any level?? Besides, I highly doubt that it was a preconceived plan before the game that as soon as it was over the entire team would go over and taunt another team's fans, and I'd highly doubt that it was every single member of the roster that did it. Don't lump in the entire program for the misguided actions of a few. And don't assume that the coaching staff condones it either. You are not in Nacogdoches and you do not see what goes on behind closed doors. The only way you get your information is from game stories, box scores and second or third-hand information reported on boards like this.

As for the original question posed, once again I do not know what actions you are referring to when it comes to "Harper's actions." He's putting his quarterback on the field and telling him to go hard until he's out of the game and that's just what Moses is doing. Everyone around here seems to find it "unsportsmanlike" that the 'Jacks have won two games by big margins and that Moses should have been pulled at halftime, or that the Jacks should completely stop running their offense. Get over yourself, it's not like they are out there running trick plays, etc. They are running their offense, and when you only have two or three running plays in the playbook, you still throw the ball basically as an extension of the running game.

Again, I'm sorry that you people are getting such poor impressions of the kids, coaches and the program. But as I mentioned earlier, pretty much everything you are hearing is second or third-hand, and unsubstantiated. Hopefully you all see that in the weeks go come.

UAalum72
September 26th, 2010, 05:02 PM
You can argue that a two-point conversion when up five touchdowns isn't a "trick play". Everybody's seen the video of the cramping. But by making it so clear how inferior your opposition was, you devalued all the gaudy statistics, and that could cost him votes.

TexasTerror
September 26th, 2010, 05:05 PM
It might reflect negatively on Harper as a candidate for Coach of the Year but I do not see it hurting Moses.

The question - especially in the case of the Lamar game - is whether some of Moses' numbers are inflated because of Harper's actions. Now granted, Moses will end his career as a SLC statistical leader in nearly all the important categories - so this could be a career honor in a way - but that may come into play.

I dont think anyone cares to be honest with you. Good thing we have a playoff system and we dont rely on a popularity contest to see who plays for the nation championship, or to see who wins a conference title.

It would help SFA to have the Payton Award winner - good pub for the program. Yes, winning the conference and playoff success means more, but it'd be another feather in the cap.

Twentysix
September 26th, 2010, 05:07 PM
SFA is entertaining this year, good show! Alittle more work and you could be as controversial as professional atheletes.

TexasTerror
September 26th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Guess who lost or will lose to SFA this year?

I'll pick SFA over SHSU 99 out of 100 times this year - this is about whether a coach's alleged actions are impacting his student-athlete's ability to get awards...

The SFA folks know who I am...

I'm not making a judgment call in response one direction or another - just bringing up the question. I want to pose it to the general board, because it's probably better coming from me than some of the others who do not follow the SLC or have expressed prior hate towards SFA...

Got to remember that I voted Moses and Harper highly in my Payton & Robinson Award ballots, respectively, a year ago. But the fact remains - with SFA getting slammed each week on this board (read by many FCS fans, media and coaches/administrators) - you have to go to think that it will have some sort of impact on their chances to receive recognition this year...

BlueHenSinfonian
September 26th, 2010, 05:15 PM
In the end the coach's actions will be irrelevant. SFA looks good because they are having a breakout year in an otherwise fairly weak conference. McNeese isn't having a great year, which leaves an OK Central Arkansas team and moderately good Texas State team as the only obstacles to the playoff bid. SFA will get blown out by the first of the four or five CAA teams, ASU, or GaSou it meets in the playoffs, and no one will have to worry about whether anyone's chances at an award were hurt or not.

GrabbAnAxe
September 26th, 2010, 05:41 PM
You can argue that a two-point conversion when up five touchdowns isn't a "trick play". Everybody's seen the video of the cramping. But by making it so clear how inferior your opposition was, you devalued all the gaudy statistics, and that could cost him votes.

I can understand what you mean on the two-point conversion, but they have lined up in the swinging gate for the last few years when it comes to extra points, and I think it's safe to say that in that case it's just a matter of reading how the defense lines up as to whether they kick or go for two. For some reason Albany lined up wrong twice in that game, and in the last few years of watching SFA I have never even seen them actually go for two out of that formation once. As a coaching staff you can't fault them in that case because you teach your kids to do things a certain way every day at practice, and to ask them to go against a drilled instinct is counter-productive.

As for the cramps, that has been addressed by plenty of people in recent weeks, and I refuse to fuel those flames.

danefan
September 26th, 2010, 06:19 PM
I've been one of the more vocal critics of Harper. I think he's a classless Coach. Cramps, throwing the ball up 50, etc...the list goes on.

With that being said, Moses cannot be blamed. He's in their running the plays that are called and executing. The issue is with the play calls and the timing, not the execution.

He's very talented as is the receiving corps.

However, what people will say and in fact are saying already is that Harper is leaving Moses in to pad his stats. Whether its intentional or not, Moses is in the game when the other team has already pulled its own starters. For example, the Albany game was over at halftime. A lot of Albany starters were out early in the third quarter. Moses played the entire third quarter against defensive backups. What does that say about his stats in that quarter?

We were reminded today about the number of games Adrian Peterson played only one half - 11 in his career. Erk took him out at halftime in blowouts. And the kid still had 9,000 rushing yards. Maybe Harber should consider that. Moses is going to be needed to win in November and January if the Jacks want a chance. Why is Harper taking a chance of a fluke injury with him? If I was a SFA fan that's the question I'd be asking.

AxeEmJacks
September 26th, 2010, 06:39 PM
TexasTerror, I am well aware of your feeling toward SFA and to the SLC in general. But I think you are giving the opportunity to have this team harassed even further. As to keeping Moses in, he wasn't. He ran a few plays after the half at the Lamar game but was replaced by Attaway. There were how many penalties after that against Lamar for unsportsmanlike penalties?
Also, I don't believe that SFA be the favorite to run the board come playoff time, but as its looking right now the first round is gonna be here in Nacogdoches. Until then we can make speculation on who and who they won't beat, but all I've heard is whining by teams that we have beaten.

Syntax Error
September 26th, 2010, 07:35 PM
... getting slammed each week on this board (read by many FCS fans, media and coaches/administrators) - you have to go to think that it will have some sort of impact on their chances to receive recognition this year...

Is that the point of you starting this thread when no one really thinks this impacts Moses? This type of thread is not good for him, the SLC, or the FCS. It is only good for those teams he beats because it gives their fans some way to try and hurt him when their team can't.

GrabbAnAxe
September 26th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Can I give a great big Facebook "Thumbs Up - Like" to the above post??

MaximumBobcat
September 26th, 2010, 08:49 PM

Officially, you are wrong.

SFA had their participation in the 1989 Division I-AA championship vacated.

Syntax Error
September 26th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Officially, you are wrong. SFA had their participation in the 1989 Division I-AA championship vacated.

They played in the game. SFA and UNI have been in the same amount of D-I Championship games.

ValleyChamp
September 26th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Yeah, lets compare the UNI and SFA programs...

SFA has been an embarrassment this year to the FCS. There is no way around it. Complete lack of class shown in many different instances.

MaximumBobcat
September 26th, 2010, 09:46 PM
They played in the game. SFA and UNI have been in the same amount of D-I Championship games.

Cool opinion bro.

But officially, SFA has never competed in a championship game.

FACT.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 26th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Cool opinion bro.

But officially, SFA has never competed in a championship game.

FACT.

Wikipedia (granted, not the be all end all source) shows SFA competing in the NC game, why were the records vacated?

Syntax Error
September 26th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Cool opinion bro. But officially, SFA has never competed in a championship game. FACT.

I have the game on DVD. You think it is fake? No matter the illegal player basis the NCAA used to vacate the game, it was played.

MaximumBobcat
September 26th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Wikipedia (granted, not the be all end all source) shows SFA competing in the NC game, why were the records vacated?

http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/stats/football_champs_records/2006/d1/2006_d1_football_champs_records.pdf

Middle of page 4. Some sort of rules infractions it looks like.

MaximumBobcat
September 26th, 2010, 10:06 PM
I have the game on DVD. You think it is fake? No matter the illegal player basis the NCAA used to vacate the game, it was played.

No, I was just informing you that according to the NCAA, what you said was wrong.

You seem to be a stickler for nomenclature and technicalities. Why not now? xlolx xlolx

AxeEmJacks
September 26th, 2010, 10:18 PM

SFA has been an embarrassment this year to the FCS. There is no way around it. Complete lack of class shown in many different instances.

Sour milk...

Syntax Error
September 26th, 2010, 10:18 PM
No, I was just informing you that according to the NCAA, what you said was wrong.

No, the NCAA does not say that SFA was not in the game. They say they vacated it afterwards.

Read what I wrote:

Is that stickler enough for you? :D

MaximumBobcat
September 26th, 2010, 10:29 PM
No, the NCAA does not say that SFA was not in the game. They say they vacated it afterwards.

Read what I wrote:

Is that stickler enough for you? :D

And when you vacate a game, doesn't that pretty much mean you can't go around saying you were in the NC game?

Which is pretty much what you just did...

Syntax Error
September 26th, 2010, 11:11 PM
And when you vacate a game, doesn't that pretty much mean you can't go around saying you were in the NC game?

They were in the game which is what I said.

First Round (11/25):
Ga. Southern 52, Villanova 36 (Statesboro, Ga. 10,161
Middle Tenn. 24, Appalachian St. 21 (Murfreesboro, Tenn. 5,000
Eastern Ill. 38, Idaho 21 (Moscow, Id. 6,025
Montana 48, Jackson St. 7 (Missoula, Mont. 11,854
Furman 24, William & Mary 10 (Greenville, S.C. 8,642
Youngstown St. 28, Eastern Ky. 24 (Richmond, Ky. 3,898
Stephen F. Austin 59, Grambling 56 (Nacogdoches, Tex. 7,106
Southwest Mo. St. 38, Maine 35 (Springfield, Mo. 7,270
Quarterfinals (12/2):
Ga. Southern 45, Middle Tenn. 3 (Statesboro, Ga. 11,272
Montana 25, Eastern Ill. 19 (Missoula, Mont. 12,285
Furman 42, Youngstown St. 23 (Greenville, S.C. 8,033
Stephen F. Austin 55, Southwest Mo. St. 25 (Nacogdoches, Tex. 10,491
Semifinals (12/9):
Ga. Southern 45, Montana 15 (Statesboro, Ga. 10,421
Stephen F. Austin 21, Furman 19 (Greenville, S.C. 7,015
Championship (12/16):
Ga. Southern 37, Stephen F. Austin 34 (Statesboro, Ga. 25,725

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=division-i-football-championship-playoff&disp=single&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Twentysix
September 27th, 2010, 12:32 AM

UNI didnt score a single point on ISU. Im pretty sure thats being an embarassment too. Even NDSU's 3-8 team scored 17 on them.

xreadx Go on, this is getting interesting.

Twentysix
September 27th, 2010, 12:35 AM
http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/stats/football_champs_records/2006/d1/2006_d1_football_champs_records.pdf

Middle of page 4. Some sort of rules infractions it looks like.

#Northern Arizona’s competition in the 1999 Division I-AA championship was vacated by action of the NCAA Committee on Infractions (record was 0-1).
¢Stephen F. Austin’s competition in the 1989 Division I-AA championship was vacated by action of the NCAA Committee on Infractions (record was 3-1).
*Tennessee State’s competition in the 1981 and 1982 Division I-AA championships was vacated by action of the NCAA Committee on Infractions (record was 1-2).

This happens alot eh? What are they doing roids? Whatever it is, Tennesee state did it two years in a row!

MaximumBobcat
September 27th, 2010, 08:18 AM
They were in the game which is what I said.

Not officially.

If SFA happened to have won the game, according to NCAA rules, it would have been vacated, which means like it was never played.

But since SFA lost, GSU can still claim they won the NC, but SFA (or you in this case) can not claim they competed in the NC game.

Officially, of course. xrotatehx xnodx

Syntax Error
September 27th, 2010, 08:58 AM
SFA (or you in this case) can not claim they competed in the NC game.

It happened, sorry you deny it.

Dane96
September 27th, 2010, 09:02 AM

Yes, when a game is vacated it is if they never competed. Ask UMASS, Michigan...and a host of other schools about banners they had to take down, monies returned to the NCAA...etc.

The participation officially does not exist.

Now, we all know it physically exists...but according to the NCAA...it didnt happen.

MaximumBobcat
September 27th, 2010, 09:08 AM
It happened, sorry you deny it.

Hah, you know it's okay to admit you're wrong once in a while right SE?

It has nothing to do with what I think. Of course in reality they played the game.

You could have said "oh yeah, they've unofficially played in the NC game" or "Yeah, they did have to vacate that game".

I was just stating a million posts ago that they had their competition in the game vacated by the NCAA, which you strangely started to argue against.

Dane96
September 27th, 2010, 09:39 AM
NM

FormerPokeCenter
September 27th, 2010, 11:16 AM
From where I sit, if you used ineligible players, you don't get to talk smack about playoff perfomances.

Use eligible players, like everybody else and THEN See what you could have done...

Hell, how many schools have GREAT athletes who never see the field due to academic casualities? Too many to count. But the thing is, their players NEVER see the field.

Same can't be said at SFA.

What is it with the 'Jacks. Is there just a mindset that says after having been mediocre to terrible for so many years that the end justifies the means?

Let's use inelgible players to get to the title game, let's fake injuries to slow down the tempo when we're getting our asses beat and let's run up the score to give Moses some gaudy numbers when we've got the chance...It's just bush league. At least ACT like you've been there before, ya know? ;)

If you can pretend to have cramps, you can pretend to have class, no? ;)

Syntax Error
September 27th, 2010, 11:36 AM
You could have said "oh yeah, they've unofficially played in the NC game" or "Yeah, they did have to vacate that game".

I was just stating a million posts ago that they had their competition in the game vacated by the NCAA, which you strangely started to argue against.

1. I did not argue that SFA's participation in the game was vacated (no matter how unjustly), of course it was.

2. I said they played in the game.

MaximumBobcat
September 27th, 2010, 12:28 PM
1. I did not argue that SFA's participation in the game was vacated (no matter how unjustly), of course it was.

2. I said they played in the game.

Eh, my first post in this whole mess of a thread is still right.

You said they played in the NC game and I said that "officially" they didn't due to rules infractions. Sorry bud, that's just the way vacated games/wins happen.

It doesn't make a lot of sense, but neither does a lot of what the NCAA does.

Syntax Error
September 27th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Eh, my first post in this whole mess of a thread is still right. ... It doesn't make a lot of sense, but neither does a lot of what the NCAA does.

As was mine, I agree that in that case the NCAA sense was questionable. They dinged SFA (the only vacated championship run) and let the completely guilty Marshall walk away.

AxeEmJacks
September 27th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Let's use inelgible players to get to the title game, let's fake injuries to slow down the tempo when we're getting our asses beat and let's run up the score to give Moses some gaudy numbers when we've got the chance...It's just bush league. At least ACT like you've been there before, ya know? ;))

You do realize Moses was a year old when SFA went to the national championship game, right?

Also:
Sept 19 2009 McNeese State vs Savannah State W56-0
Sept 9 2006 McNeese State vs West Virginia Tech W76-0

ValleyChamp
September 27th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Sour milk...

not sour milk. Just facts.

Complete lack of class shown by that program from the start of this season. Pre and post game antics, dirty tackles, faking injuries.

ValleyChamp
September 27th, 2010, 01:01 PM
UNI didnt score a single point on ISU. Im pretty sure thats being an embarassment too. Even NDSU's 3-8 team scored 17 on them.

xreadx Go on, this is getting interesting.

congrats on your loss to Iowa State last year. I'm sure you guys are proud.

danefan
September 27th, 2010, 01:02 PM
You do realize Moses was a year old when SFA went to the national championship game, right?

Also:
Sept 19 2009 McNeese State vs Savannah State W56-0
Sept 9 2006 McNeese State vs West Virginia Tech W76-0

http://www.mcneesesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=93662&SPID=11448&DB_OEM_ID=22000&ATCLID=204797810

The Cowboys two offensive standouts – Fourroux and tailback Toddrick Pendland – played only the first half.

McNeese threw only 6 passes and scored only twice in the second half - one on a 4yd TD run and the other on an INT return. They ended the game and the whole 4th quarter with their 3rd string QB playing who didn't even attempt a pass.

Are you not seeing the difference here?

AxeEmJacks
September 27th, 2010, 01:06 PM
not sour milk. Just facts.

Complete lack of class shown by that program from the start of this season. Pre and post game antics, dirty tackles, faking injuries.

1st and Goal at SFA 30 NORTHERN IOWA penalty 57 yard unsportsmanlike conduct accepted, no play.
Drew Nelson kickoff for 65 yards returned by Carlos Anderson, tackled by Ben Wells for 21 yards to the NIowa 13, tackled by Ben Wells, NORTHERN IOWA penalty 13 yard unsportsmanlike conduct accepted.

That's the only unsportsmanlike penalty I can find and it was on UNI.

ValleyChamp
September 27th, 2010, 01:29 PM
I'm talking about the play where an SFA player jumped on top of our QB and grabbed and ripped his head to the ground. Very pro wrestling like, and if you saw the play it was obviously purpousfull.

McNeese75
September 27th, 2010, 01:49 PM
http://www.mcneesesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=93662&SPID=11448&DB_OEM_ID=22000&ATCLID=204797810

McNeese threw only 6 passes and scored only twice in the second half - one on a 4yd TD run and the other on an INT return. They ended the game and the whole 4th quarter with their 3rd string QB playing who didn't even attempt a pass.

Not with their head coach xeyebrowx

sfajack05
September 27th, 2010, 04:52 PM
new to the board but have been reading for the past couple of weeks.

Just saw this thread about Harper and had to comment on it.

I personally don't like Harper as head coach especially with the way I heard he got hired as head coach and some other stuff I've heard and seen.

SFA's success is because of the cordinators and assistant coaches.

As far as the game against Lamar I think Moses should have been pulled at halftime or atleast after the first series of the third quarter and give the back up some time with the first string and then pull the first string mid third (Give him some reps just incase something happens to Moses). I was suprised Moses was in as long as he was.

I didn't see the Albany game so I don't know what happened there.

I listened to the UNI game and UNI had as many if not more personal fouls than SFA. I can remember atleast three on UNI. The play where the qb got hurt yeah that sucks for UNI but I doubt the guy meant to hurt him. He was trying to make a tackle. This is football. Its not chess. Big hits and injuries are going to happen. If the refs felt it was a personal foul they should have called it on him but I don't remember them calling a personal foul on it. And as far as the players blowing kisses to the crowd or whatever they did get over it. If your fans can yell and cuss and call the players names then they should be able to take a little harassment if its dished out.

If you want to call the players classless for that then call every fan base classless when they yell at the players and call them names etc. I've heard some pretty harsh and disrespectful things said to players by opposing teams fan when I was at SFA on the sidelines.

ValleyChamp
September 27th, 2010, 05:21 PM
The tackle was malitious, and there was a penalty called. It was an obvious intentful tackle.

AxeEmJacks
September 27th, 2010, 06:41 PM
The tackle was malitious, and there was a penalty called. It was an obvious intentful tackle.

UNI grad?

sfajack05
September 27th, 2010, 07:24 PM

just wondering...do you by chance have a replay of the hit? just so people can see for themselves and decide for themselves?

ValleyChamp
September 27th, 2010, 07:36 PM
I was looking for a video of it, because I know I saw it somewhere online before, but I cannot find it now.

PantherRob82
September 27th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Both sides of this argument are stupid. SFA fans are too quick to dismiss this and blame it on being sore losers and other people are taking the accusations too far. Let's get over it. WGAF? This is old news.

AxeEmJacks
September 27th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Both sides of this argument are stupid. SFA fans are too quick to dismiss this and blame it on being sore losers and other people are taking the accusations too far. Let's get over it. WGAF? This is old news.

Finally some sense. I'm done with this.

Mr. C
September 27th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Yes, when a game is vacated it is if they never competed. Ask UMASS, Michigan...and a host of other schools about banners they had to take down, monies returned to the NCAA...etc.

The participation officially does not exist.

Now, we all know it physically exists...but according to the NCAA...it didnt happen.

And the NCAA continues to make money off these vacated games by selling DVDs and giving rights to show the games to TV networks, etc. A little hypocritical on the part of the NCAA, if you ask me.

El Gato
September 27th, 2010, 09:58 PM
And the NCAA continues to make money off these vacated games by selling DVDs and giving rights to show the games to TV networks, etc. A little hypocritical on the part of the NCAA, if you ask me.

ha. good point.

TexasFan
September 28th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Hey Valley Champ...the play you keep refering to as being the reason you think SFA is classless wasn't even called a personal foul by the official. It was ruled a facemask penalty. I don't know what you saw from the stands but the official apparently didn't agree with you. These were MV officials too!

McNeese72
September 28th, 2010, 10:38 AM

One of those games, might have been the West Virginia Tech game, we started fair catching every punt because we kept running them back.

Doc

Dane96
September 28th, 2010, 01:34 PM

Totally agree.

The NCAA is a morally broke institution that has ventured far from its purpose.

SFA 71
September 28th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Whether its intentional or not, Moses is in the game when the other team has already pulled its own starters. For example, the Albany game was over at halftime. A lot of Albany starters were out early in the third quarter.

Let me see:
Faking cramps to keep a team from scoring = Bad.
Pulling your team out of the game around the half because you are losing. Not finishing the game. = Good.

Hmmmm. Oh I see. xeyebrowx

Dane96
September 28th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Are you kidding me guy? Your statement alone is enough to show the mind set of some SFA fans. The fact that you can't see the difference between the two acts is mind blowing...or simply you just having a laugh. I want to thing it is the latter...but my hunch is you aren't joking.

I vote you off the island.

SFA 71
September 28th, 2010, 11:00 PM

So if an event is "vacated" then it never happened. So when Ken Lay's (Enron"s Chief ) conviction was "vacated" because of his death, I guess he never did any of the things he was convicted of doing and those things never happened!

SFA never played & Ken never cheated. Great word "vacated!"

xeyebrowx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Lay

AxeEmJacks
September 28th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Are you kidding me guy? Your statement alone is enough to show the mind set of some SFA fans. The fact that you can't see the difference between the two acts is mind blowing...or simply you just having a laugh. I want to thing it is the latter...but my hunch is you aren't joking.

I vote you off the island.

I think your votes would do a little better by trying to get your team ranked in SOME ranking. Look, we ran over them, just as was expected. If you don't want that to happen again, become a real team, then maybe we can talk. Your act of following SFA is also mind blowing, but I do enjoy new fans of our program. Enjoy your season because you made our homecoming a blast.

SFA 71
September 28th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Your statement alone is enough to show the mind set of some SFA fans. .

My mind set is: Your team (or coach) quit & didn't even go on the field after the half ... supposedly out team quit while on the field. We're bad but you're not. You admitted your team quit around the half time & didn't even bother to go into the game. Maybe if you HAD your better players in the score wouldn't have been as bad as it was. Either both quit or neither.... you can't have it both ways.xtwocentsx

preludelancer
September 28th, 2010, 11:47 PM
You want to talk about running up the score?

Last year SFA beat Texas College 92-0. They scored 42 points in the second half.

danefan
September 29th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Pulling starters in a blowout loss is a smart move by a coaching staff that recognized the game was over and that it MEANT ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR EITHER TEAM! Why would you leave players in to get hurt?

Thank you to the McNeese fan above for giving me the towel....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_VK6TIlwZ4EI/TCvxJj62ICI/AAAAAAAADR4/uebUtc5g4jk/s400/towel.jpg

I'm pretty sure all logic has been thrown out the window by SFA fans.

sfajack05
September 29th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Just a random question...how come SFA is getting blasted about running up the score after taking out our starters late in the third and big time schools like Ohio State and Wisconsin and others don't get blasted for leaving their starters in until the fourth quarter?

I'm just wondering.

danefan
September 29th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Just a random question...how come SFA is getting blasted about running up the score after taking out our starters late in the third and big time schools like Ohio State and Wisconsin and others don't get blasted for leaving their starters in until the fourth quarter?

I'm just wondering.
Because everyone knows the BCS has turned all FBS teams into classless programs. The system takes "style points" into account. The less class you have the more chance the computers like you.

Its an inherent flaw in the system. And its one that is not present in our level of ball.

Its apples and oranges IMO.

eaglesrthe1
September 29th, 2010, 12:54 PM

Totally agree.

The NCAA is a morally broke institution that has ventured far from its purpose.

I disagree, at least on this issue. SFA was penalized, not the NCAA nor GSU. SFA's participation in the game was vacated, not the game itself.

Any money made by the NCAA from a 21 year old NC game would have to be 1) negligible at best and 2) come primarily from GSU fans, not SFA fans.