PDA

View Full Version : PL Title Discussion: Over After 1st week in October?

Lehigh Football Nation
September 26th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Here's a thought for the rest of the PL that everybody ought to be thinking about.

If Georgetown beats Colgate this weekend, the Hoyas would be 3-0 versus the rest of the Patriot League with 2 league games to go.

One team they would still need to play is Bucknell, who is winless with losses against Dartmouth and Marist. The Hoyas, it goes without saying, would be favored in that game.

The other team they would need to beat is Lehigh, who they play in Week 11.

Lehigh has a losing record over the last two seasons, and it is not far fetched to think that Lehigh could have two league losses at that time. Lehigh hasn't beaten Colgate since 2006, for example.

With a win next weekend, the Hoyas would truly, truly control their own destiny in the PL title race - and face a real chance that Lehigh and Bucknell eliminate themselves before they have a chance to even play each other.

Thoughts? Stocked up on canned goods yet?

ngineer
September 26th, 2010, 11:06 AM
The times they are a-changin'! Either that or the apocolypse is upon us. We'll see for sure next week. If the G-men win, then there will certainly be a number of scenarios.

Bogus Megapardus
September 26th, 2010, 11:12 AM
I couldn't be more pleased with the Hoyas' success so far. It's great for the Patriot and it makes us all better.

Having said that, enough is enough with this whole Georgetown-winning-football-games thing already. It's cute and novel and all, but will somebody please bring them back to the turf?

Pard4Life
September 26th, 2010, 06:07 PM
I couldn't be more pleased with the Hoyas' success so far. It's great for the Patriot and it makes us all better.

Having said that, enough is enough with this whole Georgetown-winning-football-games thing already. It's cute and novel and all, but will somebody please bring them back to the turf?

Well we could have done that in Week 2, but we can't tackle...

DerHoya
September 26th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Well we could have done that in Week 2, but we can't tackle...

So bitter... A pretty interesting season thus far from my POV.

How did Gate fare injury wise against Cuse? any major knocks?

Bogus Megapardus
September 26th, 2010, 07:05 PM
So bitter...

Unlike all the Hoya fans crabbing about the refs at the Yale game, of course . . . .

Lehigh Football Nation
September 27th, 2010, 10:12 AM
I just wanted to mention that "Apocalypse" was my second choice for "Sunday's Word". :P

CFBfan
September 27th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Unlike all the Hoya fans crabbing about the refs at the Yale game, of course . . . .

yes Bogus that's correct: you can do something about your own bad tackling, you can NOT do anything about disgusting ref's killing you all game long!
that said I think everyone...even I have moved on!!

Franks Tanks
September 27th, 2010, 10:54 AM
The league race appears to be betwen Lehigh, Colgate, and Georgetown. The Leopards and the Crusaders already have a one loss each so they already need help to win the league.

Colgate will win the week and win the league IMO.