PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Week 5 Pick'ems (Sponsored by Bisonville, Just kidding)

Twentysix
September 26th, 2010, 02:09 AM
Youngstown State@Missouri State Could go either way. I hope MSU wins and reveals YSU's major weakness, just not to sure its gonna happen.
Southern Illinois@Illinois State If Ill st wins this one i think SIU is sunk.
Western Illinois@North Dakota State NDSU rocks western on homecoming.
Quincy University@Indiana State Better be a blow out.
South Dakota State@Northern Iowa Id rather SDSU wins, meh.

Alot of tough games this week.

Overall MVFC prediction record through week 4... 23-4

Redbird Ray
September 26th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Missouri State over Youngstown State - Coin toss game, I'll take the home team
Illinois State over SIU - time to kick the dawgs when they are down
North Dakota State over Western Illinois - Bison seem to be clicking right now, too tough in the Fargodome
South Dakota State over Northern Iowa - I'll take SDSU's 3 pts at Nebraska over UNI's 0 pts at Iowa State
Indiana State over Quincy - The trees get revenge, NAIA style!

MSUBear42
September 26th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Missouri State v Youngstown State - lose this game and all the hype for the program will be shot for the season.
Illinois State v SIU - ISU hopefully has some freaking momentum after stealing all of MSU's last night
North Dakota State v Western Illinois - WIU begins their stretch of being other teams' homecoming opponents
South Dakota State v Northern Iowa - definition of a toss up game.
Indiana State v Quincy

UNIFanSince1983
September 26th, 2010, 09:21 AM
After watching what happened yesterday I have a hard time picking us to win any games the rest of the way. The last two games we are -8 in the turnover battle with 2 of those being returned for TDs. I have to agree with who said he would take SDSUs 3 points at Nebraska over our 0 at Iowa State. I will have my full predictions later in the week though.

Ysuscuba
September 26th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Missouri State v Youngstown State - Strong running game & solid play by the offense outlast the Bears.
Illinois State v SIU - SIU looks like they have the ingredients to win. They just need a cook to put it all together. So for now, ISU.
North Dakota State v Western Illinois - WIU
South Dakota State v Northern Iowa - I want SDSU, but I have a feeling UNI will win this game.
Indiana State v Quincy- Come on ISU, put some points up on this team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 26th, 2010, 10:34 AM
YSU @ MSU : MSU at home
SIU @ ISU : Dawgs finally find themselves
WIU @ NDSU : Bison at home....easily
SDSU @ UNI : Jacks
Quincy @ ISU : Sycs better win at home

Gil Dobie
September 26th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Youngstown State@Missouri State I'm giving MSU another chance in another close game
Southern Illinois@Illinois State 2 teams going in opposite directions
Western Illinois@North Dakota State Offense has been found and defense is still holding teams
Quincy University@Indiana State I hope
South Dakota State@Northern Iowa Still going with the home team on this one, but who knows

darell1976
September 26th, 2010, 02:22 PM
MSU
ISU
WIU
ISU
UNI

TheBisonator
September 26th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Youngstown State @ Missouri State
Southern Illinois @ Illinois State
Western Illinois @ North Dakota State
Quincy @ Indiana State
South Dakota State @ Northern Iowa

Winners in bold.

Twentysix
September 27th, 2010, 12:28 AM
Youngstown State @ Missouri State
Southern Illinois @ Illinois State
Western Illinois @ North Dakota State
Quincy @ Indiana State
South Dakota State @ Northern Iowa

Winners in bold.

So far this season we have picked the same a few times.

I-AA Fan
September 27th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Youngstown State@Missouri State Could go either way. I hope MSU wins and reveals YSU's major weakness, just not to sure its gonna happen.

SIU already revealed YSU's major weakness (although they have several because of the youth on the Penguins). The Salukis scored twice in the first & twice at the very end and very quickly. With 1:28 left to play in the game, SIU scored two TD's, and YSU still had to run :23 off the clock. What does that tell you?

leatherneck177
September 27th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Youngstown State @ Missouri State - Bears offense too much for Penguins, win by 10.
Southern Illinois @ Illinois State - Redbirds win a tight one by 4.
Western Illinois @ North Dakota State - Necks answer the bell and win by 5.
Quincy @ Indiana State - Trees post another W, win by 14.
South Dakota State @ Northern Iowa - Rabbits jump out to an early lead, win by 10.

nmatsen
September 27th, 2010, 12:06 PM
YSU - by 13+
SIU - by 9+
NDSU - by 7 or less
Indy - by 21+
UNI - by 10+

I absolutely love it, a one point loss to a top 10 FCS team, a loss to an BCS school with a .500 record (with all their losses to top 20 teams), that we held to 200 yards offense. And now all of a sudden we are going to lose to an 0-3 team? The NDSU fans picking us to lose is the best, I thought NDSU had the greatest team ever on the history of the earth, if you can't beat us in the dome, how can an 0-3 SDSU? Oh, I bet if we played again though you would beat us...

da_Bison
September 27th, 2010, 12:11 PM
You guys dominated the stats against Iowa State and should/could be 3-0, but I will say if you don't get ahold (literally) of those turnovers REAL QUICK its gonna be over for ya shortly.

ysubigred
September 27th, 2010, 12:13 PM
SIU already revealed YSU's major weakness (although they have several because of the youth on the Penguins). The Salukis scored twice in the first & twice at the very end and very quickly. With 1:28 left to play in the game, SIU scored two TD's, and YSU still had to run :23 off the clock. What does that tell you?

The coaches don't have the ball's to run the score up and keep playing like the game wasn't over at 11:00 left to go in the 4th xoopsxxmadx

DOME
September 27th, 2010, 01:26 PM
You guys dominated the stats against Iowa State and should/could be 3-0, but I will say if you don't get ahold (literally) of those turnovers REAL QUICK its gonna be over for ya shortly.

Looking at the stats it makes me sick to know that we came out 27-0 losers...I mean their only offensive touch down was the result of a fake FG attempt?!

That being said we'll never be any good if we can't hold onto the ball.

If we learn to hold onto the ball and develope a little momentum however...watch out!

unigriff
September 27th, 2010, 01:32 PM
i like this underdog role....I mean we are 1-0 in the Valley with 7 to go...I'd say we are in a great spot to win it all. :)

And it was a 2 pt loss to a top 10 team, and although the scoreboard said 27-0...the real score was only 6-0...UNI gave ISU two pick 6s, and a fake FG conversion that led to a TD...ISU did really nothing all game...they made big plays on D though. UNI beat themselves 21-0 though...thats like playing ourselves on a bye week!

NDB
September 27th, 2010, 01:35 PM
tell more about how this "real score" is calculated.

does anybody else know about this?

leatherneck177
September 27th, 2010, 02:19 PM

Yeah, I use it when my team is playing bad, like when Western went 1-10 last year, our record with REAL scores was actually 5-6.

I think you can only use it when you team voluntarily gives away INTs, fumbles, etc...you know.

UNI Pike
September 27th, 2010, 02:50 PM

I'm not going to discredit ISU's game - the beat us like a read headed step child. That said, I think we brought the belt and handed it to them.

Summary of the night:

Good points for UNI:
1. Did not rain during game
2. Kick off return for UNI was pretty good overall

Bad points for UNI
1. Everything not listed above

nmatsen
September 27th, 2010, 03:02 PM
I'm not going to discredit ISU's game - the beat us like a read headed step child. That said, I think we brought the belt and handed it to them.

Summary of the night:

Good points for UNI:
1. Did not rain during game
2. Kick off return for UNI was pretty good overall

Bad points for UNI
1. Everything not listed above

Don't forget a good point for UNI was the fact that we literally shut down ISU's offense. I know, its not great, but it was a virtual shutdown. I wonder how many 3rd downs they converted? I know they only had 210 yards.

RabidRabbit
September 27th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Youngstown State @ Missouri State Mo St needs to show well after tough 2OT L in Normal
Southern Illinois @ Illinois State Ill St rising, SIU sinking
Western Illinois @ North Dakota State Looks like D is tough, and O is gelling with new starter
Quincy @ Indiana State Revenge Trees?
South Dakota State @ Northern Iowa If this was in Brookings, Jacks, but it's not.

Gil Dobie
September 29th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Still waiting for that Oracle, better known as Cap'n Cat to tell us how much WIU will beat NDSU by this weekend. ;)

Professor Chaos
September 29th, 2010, 09:04 AM

I think it's similar to the "moral victory".

UNIFanSince1983
September 29th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Youngstown State @ Missouri State Giving TA and Bears the edge being at home
Southern Illinois @ Illinois State Rivalry in Normal gotta pick the Birds
Western Illinois @ North Dakota State Think WIU might be the slightly better team, but NDSU is tough to beat in Fargo.
Quincy @ Indiana State Can't lose to Quincy at home... can they?
South Dakota State @ Northern Iowa We cannot play as bad again as we have been...(at least I hope)

jacksfan29
September 29th, 2010, 11:09 AM
i like this underdog role....I mean we are 1-0 in the Valley with 7 to go...I'd say we are in a great spot to win it all. :)

And it was a 2 pt loss to a top 10 team, and although the scoreboard said 27-0...the real score was only 6-0...UNI gave ISU two pick 6s, and a fake FG conversion that led to a TD...ISU did really nothing all game...they made big plays on D though. UNI beat themselves 21-0 though...thats like playing ourselves on a bye week!

Wow, if we go "real score", we at SDSU can add in the two touchdowns negated due to bad calls. That would have tied the game at 17 and sent us into OT with the #6 BCS team in the country. Whoo Hooo!!! I like this "real score" thing.

jacksfan29
September 29th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Missouri State v Youngstown State - Youngstown in a tight game
Illinois State v SIU - SIU finally shows up
North Dakota State v Western Illinois - NDSU at home
South Dakota State v Northern Iowa - SDSU in a low scoring game SDSU controls the game on the ground
Indiana State v Quincy - ISU

UNIFanSince1983
September 29th, 2010, 12:12 PM
We haven't played any "great" running teams, but we are only giving up 52 rush yards a game. I have a hard time seeing SDSU controlling the game on the ground, but then again if this season has told me anything so far it is that anything is possible.

ValleyChamp
September 29th, 2010, 12:27 PM
If SDSU plans to pound the ball all day long, they will lose the game.

THE HERD
September 29th, 2010, 01:56 PM
The Guins are in a groove and it will continue
The Dawgs are finally gonna show up
The Herd at home on homecoming
The Trees dominate
The Purple Kitties put the rabbits playoff hopes on life support

THE HERD
September 29th, 2010, 01:58 PM
If SDSU plans to pound the ball all day long, they will lose the game.
I agree.....there aren't too many teams that would be able to pound the rock all day successfully against UNI. How did SFA do in the rushing column against you guys? They put up a decent amount of points on you guys or was it all off of TO's?

UNIFanSince1983
September 29th, 2010, 02:20 PM
The Lumberjacks of SFA had 79 rushing yards against us on 29 attempts. They got most of theirs through the air as they do normally. I am not sure about how many points they got off of turnovers, but I do know we should have had at least 14 more against them. 2 of their 22 came off a safety. Our defense did well to hold that high powered offense to 22 in my opinion.

But right now all that matters is that we have only won 1 game this year. The Bunnies are always tough, and I expect a very hard fought game in the Dome this week.

Twentysix
September 29th, 2010, 05:41 PM
The Lumberjacks of SFA had 79 rushing yards against us on 29 attempts. They got most of theirs through the air as they do normally. I am not sure about how many points they got off of turnovers, but I do know we should have had at least 14 more against them. 2 of their 22 came off a safety. Our defense did well to hold that high powered offense to 22 in my opinion.

But right now all that matters is that we have only won 1 game this year. The Bunnies are always tough, and I expect a very hard fought game in the Dome this week.

In which i hope SDSU wins, though im not sold.

X-Factor
September 29th, 2010, 06:28 PM
There are some excellent MVFC games this weekend!! I am glad conference play is finally getting into full swing. This is an excellent discussion going here as well, with the exception of the one UNI poster that is trying to legitimize his team based on a 27-0 loss to a mediocre FBS team. Cute. And REAL score? Why don't one of you get the patent process started, I like where this is going.

stevdock
September 30th, 2010, 01:04 AM
There are some excellent MVFC games this weekend!! I am glad conference play is finally getting into full swing. This is an excellent discussion going here as well, with the exception of the one UNI poster that is trying to legitimize his team based on a 27-0 loss to a mediocre FBS team. Cute. And REAL score? Why don't one of you get the patent process started, I like where this is going.

Hey don't discount this real score thing?? I think if I have it right we would have easily been playoff eligible last year. Not bad for a 3-8 team.

UNIFanSince1983
September 30th, 2010, 07:33 AM
What griff doesn't realize is the real score was 27-0 otherwise that one wouldn't have been posted. Now we played better than 27-0 on defense, but our worst defense is our offense, and it has been the first three weeks of the season...

SO ILLmatic
September 30th, 2010, 05:28 PM
YSU
IL State
WIU
Ind State
UNI

MSUDuo
September 30th, 2010, 06:29 PM
YSU @ MSU
SIU @ ISU
WIU @ NDSU
SDSU @ UNI
Quincy @ ISU

ming01
October 1st, 2010, 01:15 PM
Southern Illinois@Illinois State If Ill st wins this one i think SIU is sunk.
Western Illinois@North Dakota State NDSU rocks western on homecoming.
Quincy University@Indiana State Better be a blow out.
South Dakota State@Northern Iowa Id rather SDSU wins, meh.

Alot of tough games this week.

Overall MVFC prediction record through week 4... 23-4

Missouri St
Illinois St
NDSU
Indiana St
UNI

MplsBison
October 1st, 2010, 01:57 PM
To heck with picking the winners anymore.

Here's who I want to win:

Youngstown - I don't like MSU's fans on here
Southern Ill - want to see them bounce back
NDSU - no explanation needed
Quincy - I want ISU to lose every game until they figure out that they make the MVFC look bad and can't compete in this league and leave
SDSU - I'll always root for a Dakota team against a team from Iowa, as anyone not from Iowa should

Big Al
October 1st, 2010, 03:18 PM
YSU @ MSU
SIU @ ISU
WIU @ NDSU
SDSU @ UNI
Quincy @ ISU

Professor Chaos
October 1st, 2010, 04:00 PM
Youngstown State@Missouri State - MSU wins a close contest.
Southern Illinois@Illinois State - I'm going to predict that SIU wakes up from their early season slumber this week. Based on nothing else other than my gut feeling.
Western Illinois@North Dakota State - I could be eating crow come Saturday afternoon but I think NDSU wins this one comfortably.
Quincy University@Indiana State - ISU Blue's offense gets healthy in this one.
South Dakota State@Northern Iowa - I think UNI will do a better job stopping the Bunnies ground game than Nebraska did and will win by a TD.

MSUBear42
October 1st, 2010, 04:33 PM
Who really knows?

• Southern Illinois (1-3, 0-1) at Illinois State (3-1, 2-0), 1 p.m. This could be SIU’s last stand as its eight-year streak of playoff appearances appears in jeopardy. Illinois State is good, but are the Redbirds due for a letdown?
Illinois State 41, SIU 37

• Western Illinois (3-1, 1-0) at North Dakota State (3-1, 0-1), 1 p.m. Western Illinois has excelled in the turnover battle, with a plus-7 in turnover margin. The Bison, meanwhile, are allowing only 11 points per game.
North Dakota State 17, Western Illinois 14

• Youngstown State (3-1, 1-0) at Missouri State (1-2, 0-1). The Bears, at home for the first time in a month, face a must-win situation to avoid being buried in the league race. YSU is playing with confidence under new coach Eric Wolford.
Missouri State 27, Youngstown St. 24

• South Dakota State (0-3, 0-1) at Northern Iowa (1-2, 1-0). Two teams are much better than their records indicate. SDSU has played a brutal schedule; UNI has a brutal total of 11 turnovers.
Northern Iowa 30, SDSU 17

Quincy (0-4) at Indiana State (1-2) in a nonconference game. Indiana State has not been 2-2 through four games since 2002.
Indiana State 38, Quincy 14.

jayhawkdaddy
October 1st, 2010, 04:50 PM
Youngstown State over Missouri State by 3
Southern Illinois over Illinois State by 6
ND State over Western Illinois by 13
Indiana State over Quincy University by 24
Northern Iowa over SD State by 7

Good but not spectacular games this week!

Da Coach
October 1st, 2010, 08:00 PM

Quincy - I want ISU to lose every game until they figure out that they make the MVFC look bad and can't compete in this league and leave
SDSU - I'll always root for a Dakota team against a team from Iowa, as anyone not from Iowa should

Beware the Leathernecks! Nuff said...

LakesBison
October 1st, 2010, 11:54 PM
NDSU will destroy WIU, A) its HOMECOMING and B) NDSU has a Defense and C) NDSU finally got some offensive production.

NDSU 39
WIU 12

LETS DO THIS!

Da Coach
October 2nd, 2010, 04:17 PM
NDSU will destroy WIU, A) its HOMECOMING and B) NDSU has a Defense and C) NDSU finally got some offensive production.

NDSU 39
WIU 12

LETS DO THIS!

Done! Not destroyed!

cderry
October 2nd, 2010, 04:33 PM

NDSU 39
WIU 12

LETS DO THIS!

Close...real close.

Final: WIU 28, NDSU 16

Superneck
October 2nd, 2010, 05:18 PM
I remember going into the season with little expectations. I remember watching the game against Purdue and being pleasantly surprised. Where exactly did this team come from? As far as I'm concerned, let them fly under the radar all season. Teams will learn. Teams will remember. Nice win Leathernecks!

Gil Dobie
October 2nd, 2010, 06:28 PM
Congrats Leathernecks, good luck the rest of the season!

Houndawg
October 2nd, 2010, 06:29 PM
Close...real close.

Final: WIU 28, NDSU 16

xbowx Bison scored a TD!

Gil Dobie
October 2nd, 2010, 08:40 PM
Congrats WIU

Big Al
October 2nd, 2010, 09:05 PM
YSU @ MSU
SIU @ ISU
WIU @ NDSU
SDSU @ UNI
Quincy @ ISU

Nope, Nope, Nope, YEP, Yep. MVFC is wide open this year.

MSUBear42
October 3rd, 2010, 05:49 AM
Wide open is exactly right... we could have a 4 way tie for first

SO ILLmatic
October 3rd, 2010, 08:23 AM
UNI @ SIU next Saturday will even some of the congestion out

skinny_uncle
October 3rd, 2010, 08:57 AM
UNI @ SIU next Saturday will even some of the congestion out

If SIU wins, they will both be 2-1. I'm not sure that helps the congestion out. It would most likely create a 3 way tie for second (assuming WIU wins on the road @ SDSU) and possibly a 4 way tie for second if YSU wins against NDSU. If WIU gets upset, we could be looking at 5 teams at 2-1 next week. The congestion could be getting worse rather than better. (I am assuming Ill State will handle Indy State.)

RabidRabbit
October 3rd, 2010, 10:10 AM
Youngstown State @ Missouri State Mo St needs to show well after tough 2OT L in Normal
Southern Illinois @ Illinois State Ill St rising, SIU sinking
Western Illinois @ North Dakota State Looks like D is tough, and O is gelling with new starter
Quincy @ Indiana State Revenge Trees?
South Dakota State @ Northern Iowa If this was in Brookings, Jacks, but it's not.

yes, no, no, yes, yes.
IMHO Jacks won't make play-offs this season.

Jacks will jump into their "spoiler" roll and be a tough game, and may eliminate more MVFC teams from play-offs. After finishing at the bottom MVFC, WIU is roaring back in, and the team still on top with UNI. MVFC will be decided late, and both SDSU and SIU are basically out as at-large choices.

MSUBear42
October 3rd, 2010, 06:08 PM
MSU Highlights from MSU/YSU:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=816083475319

Iwuvdatrees
October 3rd, 2010, 06:32 PM

Are you serious???? I think with our continued improvement we won't be losin badly much longer, but secondly I don't think a new member of the conference should be so highbrow lol...

Houndawg
October 3rd, 2010, 06:33 PM
yes, no, no, yes, yes.
IMHO Jacks won't make play-offs this season.

Jacks will jump into their "spoiler" roll and be a tough game, and may eliminate more MVFC teams from play-offs. After finishing at the bottom MVFC, WIU is roaring back in, and the team still on top with UNI. MVFC will be decided late, and both SDSU and SIU are basically out as at-large choices.

Maybe not SIU. To get in at all they have to win out, and if they are on a 7 game winning streak at the time with a field of 20............

MplsBison
October 3rd, 2010, 06:48 PM
Are you serious???? I think with our continued improvement we won't be losin badly much longer, but secondly I don't think a new member of the conference should be so highbrow lol...

Would it really make that much of a difference to you if it was a UNI or SIU fan stating the obvious?

Indiana State has made no serious investment into the program that I've read about. Wins over non-DI teams do not count as improvements in my book, either. ISU will not win a DI game this year, which will be a decrease from last year and will be pretty much par for the course for ISU's program in the MVFC.

ISU will not turn things around until it leaves the conference. It's as simple as that. There have been too many consecutive zero win or one win seasons and too lacking of facilities for enough talented to be recruited to the program to win. There either has to be a major upgrade in facilities or a move to a less competitive conference.

Iwuvdatrees
October 3rd, 2010, 06:56 PM
Would it really make that much of a difference to you if it was a UNI or SIU fan stating the obvious?

Indiana State has made no serious investment into the program that I've read about. Wins over non-DI teams do not count as improvements in my book, either. ISU will not win a DI game this year, which will be a decrease from last year and will be pretty much par for the course for ISU's program in the MVFC.

ISU will not turn things around until it leaves the conference. It's as simple as that. There have been too many consecutive zero win or one win seasons and too lacking of facilities for enough talented to be recruited to the program to win. There either has to be a major upgrade in facilities or a move to a less competitive conference.
So basically you are saying that because you haven't read about our new stadium upgrades we havent invested in our program? Have you looked at our coaching staff????????? Man you must not read much, our team is improving greatly every season and I will personally guarantee a win over a D I program, especially since we have a real QB and not a wildcat qb....BTW a SIU or UNI fan wouldn't say that because they are intelligent lol

SalukiJim
October 3rd, 2010, 10:03 PM
So basically you are saying that because you haven't read about our new stadium upgrades we havent invested in our program? Have you looked at our coaching staff????????? Man you must not read much, our team is improving greatly every season and I will personally guarantee a win over a D I program, especially since we have a real QB and not a wildcat qb....BTW a SIU or UNI fan wouldn't say that because they are intelligent lol

I look forward to seeing ISU (blue) rise up again. I remember waaaaay back when we played you all in C-dale in the first round of the 83 playoffs. It would be great to get a regional rivalry between ISU / SIU/ Murray / SEMO going...if we would only stop scheduling "blood donor" games the first 2 weeks. I'd much prefer looking at other FCS teams than FBS or DII the first rounds. Think if we could get some kind of "round robin" thing going the first few weeks of the season between these schools (and I'm sure there's other drive-able games in the region that we could all road trip to!)

UNI Pike
October 4th, 2010, 11:08 AM

Yes it would. Teams with an overall losing record since joining the MVFC should bite their collective tongues about other teams' abilities.

MplsBison
October 4th, 2010, 02:29 PM

List the investments that Indiana State has made in the football program. I think I read about some real fancy carpet? Is that it?

What about your coaching staff?

Big Al
October 4th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Do I detect a bit of turf envy from MplsBison?

Iwuvdatrees
October 4th, 2010, 04:00 PM
List the investments that Indiana State has made in the football program. I think I read about some real fancy carpet? Is that it?

What about your coaching staff?

ummm you are seriousely an idiot arent you? Well for starters they rebuilt all of the locker rooms and made them state of the art...and me as a person who is regularly in locker rooms for the Floridas and Alabamas and i have even been in your beloved bisons locker rooms, Ours is better...also we are building a turf practice field...beyond that the stadium itself is being improved on concession wise and media room wise...plus have you ever heard of Rick Minter????Unquestionably one of the best defensive coaches in the country coaches at Indiana State now....Of course since you are a NDSU fan you probably havent heard of Urban Meyer either lol http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Minter

Professor Chaos
October 4th, 2010, 04:45 PM
ummm you are seriousely an idiot arent you? Well for starters they rebuilt all of the locker rooms and made them state of the art...and me as a person who is regularly in locker rooms for the Floridas and Alabamas and i have even been in your beloved bisons locker rooms, Ours is better...also we are building a turf practice field...beyond that the stadium itself is being improved on concession wise and media room wise...plus have you ever heard of Rick Minter????Unquestionably one of the best defensive coaches in the country coaches at Indiana State now....Of course since you are a NDSU fan you probably havent heard of Urban Meyer either lol http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Minter

Please don't generalize all NDSU fans based on Mplsbison, it reflects as poorly on ISU as his comments do on NDSU.

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

Gil Dobie
October 4th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Please don't generalize all NDSU fans based on Mplsbison, it reflects as poorly on ISU as his comments do on NDSU.

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

It's too late, most of FCS already does, and he's probably a faux UND fan. :(

Iwuvdatrees
October 4th, 2010, 06:13 PM

Fair enough lol I was just shocked by his lack of education and all around foolishness..

MplsBison
October 4th, 2010, 09:51 PM

Please link about state of the art locker rooms - I'll believe it when I see something credible
Same with new turf practice field

Stadium maintenance, like updating the concessions and media room (details?) or replacing the turf are not investments in the football program.

Rick Minter must be a football prodigy if the only job he could land was Indiana State!

How about this - what are Indiana St's football coaches' salary's? That's the true measure of how much investment the school/AD puts into the program.

Iwuvdatrees
October 4th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Ummm Well
A. I am not gonna spend time linking sites to you because trash like you isnt worth my time....
B. Rick Minter is there purely because his son Jesse is there...
C. Our Head coach gets paid competively with other MVFC coaches but you can check it on the Indiana governement website I am not going to waste my time and that's it...

UNI Pike
October 5th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Slow, but steady progress. The Sycs used to be just plain awful. Now they have improved to competitive, but still losing. Heres an article written at the beginning of the 2009 season.

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2009/09/24/indiana-state-footballs-sad-state/

I would like to see any team be competitive with a $13,000 recruiting budget. Sounds like the new University President is at least trying to fill in the hole dug with 40 years of neglect.

Iwuvdatrees
October 5th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Things are better now with an even larger budget but I believe this saturday is going to be interesting...we match-up well with the redbirds so hopefully we can come out and put up a w!