PDA

View Full Version : JU/Dayton and the PFL

JUDolphins
September 25th, 2010, 08:43 PM
We're a month into the season and the PFL has two teams in Jacksonville and Dayton that are 3-1 - and are showing that they can play with some of the best teams in the country.

While everyone is throwing compliments towards Old Dominion, everyone is forgetting that JU handed them a loss in the season opener by 10.

Dayton meanwhile beat Robert Morris and is a last-second loss to Duquesne from being 4-0.

While the PFL teams in the past may not have measured up against some of the top 25 teams in the country, I think they are showing that they can now.

insideout08
September 25th, 2010, 08:48 PM
We're a month into the season and the PFL has two teams in Jacksonville and Dayton that are 3-1 - and are showing that they can play with some of the best teams in the country.

While everyone is throwing compliments towards Old Dominion, everyone is forgetting that JU handed them a loss in the season opener by 10.

Dayton meanwhile beat Robert Morris and is a last-second loss to Duquesne from being 4-0.

While the PFL teams in the past may not have measured up against some of the top 25 teams in the country, I think they are showing that they can now.

Seriously? The only top 25 team you've played (or even close to top 25) throttled you guys.

JUDolphins
September 25th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Appalachian State was only up 17-14 midway through the 3rd quarter and JU abandoned the run trying to get back into the game.

Plus, I don't think JU will be the only team beaten by ASU like that this season. The Presley kid is really good - may be better than Edwards as a total quarterback.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 25th, 2010, 08:56 PM
JU's loss to ASU isn't a huge demerit - ASU is very good. However, neither JSU nor Dayton have any real quality wins, and though it is a bit of an extrapolation, Duquesne beat Dayton, and Duquesne was destroyed by Delaware without the first string QB ever taking the field.

The PFL may be improving, but none of the schools are competitive compared to those of the top FCS conferences. Games vs the MEAC, SWAC, or NEC could be competitive however.

JUDolphins
September 25th, 2010, 09:02 PM
I think you could throw the Big South and Patriot league into the mix on that as well. Dayton beat Robert Morris, who is playing well since. I think JU could play with anyone in the Big South now.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 25th, 2010, 09:10 PM
I think you could throw the Big South and Patriot league into the mix on that as well. Dayton beat Robert Morris, who is playing well since. I think JU could play with anyone in the Big South now.

Robert Morris is playing well against other NEC schools, which depending on your opinion of the NEC... I could see the Big South, aside from Stony Brook. They are better than their record shows thus far.