PDA

View Full Version : Delaware at Richmond

RabidRabbit
September 25th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Del is just pushing the Spiders all over the field. Run up the gut by UD has been very effective.

UD FG attempt at 8:56 2nd Q hits goalpost!

UD up 13-0.

superman7515
September 25th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Who you callin a Dek, Jackrabittazz? Haha

RabidRabbit
September 25th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Richmond comes back for a TD but not EP at end of half.

Blue Hens 13, Spiders 6 at half.

Feeling a bit better about how the Rabbits got pushed around by UD. UD is looking as powerful as shown vs SDSU.

JMUNJ08
September 25th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Richmond comes back for a TD but not EP at end of half.

Blue Hens 13, Spiders 6 at half.

Feeling a bit better about how the Rabbits got pushed around by UD. UD is looking as powerful as shown vs SDSU.

If they look so good then why are they only up 7? This game is still a toss up...

superman7515
September 25th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Because they missed an extra point and a field goal, otherwise they'd be up 11...

RabidRabbit
September 25th, 2010, 04:42 PM
UD has nice drive, but stalls.

Then UR powers back over a long drive, to tie up at 13 with 6 min left in 3rd.

Fear the Bird
September 25th, 2010, 04:44 PM
That's how you answer - what an impressive drive

UD 20 UR 13

Fear the Bird
September 25th, 2010, 04:45 PM
If they look so good then why are they only up 7? This game is still a toss up...

So you need to blow the #5 team out of the water at their house to look impressive?

Nebuta
UD O looked like a hot knife thru butter. Quick score UD 20 UR 13

RabidRabbit
UD goes 85 yards in 3 plays to go up 20-13 on Richmond.

Robie Stadium fires up lights for the first time.

RabidRabbit
September 25th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Who you callin a Dek, Jackrabittazz? Haha

Deks' xeyebrowx are looking good!xthumbsupx

RabidRabbit
September 25th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Internet feed froze up!xbawlingxxbangx

Anyone else?

RabidRabbit
September 25th, 2010, 04:50 PM
xcoolxRenewed feed. Okxsmileyclapx

Nebuta
September 25th, 2010, 05:01 PM
AP with 3TDs today

Nebuta
September 25th, 2010, 05:02 PM
27 UD - 13 UR 12:06 in the 4th.

superman7515
September 25th, 2010, 05:05 PM
4 straight weeks of CAA Rookie of the Week?

Ud1Hens
September 25th, 2010, 05:06 PM
INT...don't you dare throw at A. Walters!!!!

Fear the Bird
September 25th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Is Delaware that good this year or is Richmond and therefore Elon maybe not so strong?

I just think the defense looks pretty good and this offense is unstoppable right now - of course next week should tell even more what we have here

superman7515
September 25th, 2010, 05:14 PM
I want UD to win, but I never hope for another team's players to get hurt. Corp has got to learn how to slide.

Nebuta
September 25th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Good lord. AP just ripping off yards late in the game. That kid is a beast.

Nebuta
September 25th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Wow. UD just ran it down UR throats. UR D had to get off the field. Mission accomplished. 34-13

blukeys
September 25th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Richmond has the really good skill people that makes them dangerous. UD was just physically superior. The defense is for real. The Hens had some adversity including Devlin throwing a pick on his very first pass and a field goal attempt bouncing off of the goal post.

thanks to the Rabbit for sticking around. This just might make some SDSU fans feel better about their team.

DTSpider
September 25th, 2010, 06:36 PM
UD just dominated UR on both lines all day long. I hope that UD is just that good...otherwise it'll be a long year.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 25th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I was able to watch some chunks of the game over the web feed. Richmond was able to hold the UD offense for periods of time, but the unrelenting onslaught eventually just overwhelmed UR. The huge drive in the third quarter shows what UD can do when everything falls into place.

Great game for the Hens, but there is still another big challenge in VA next week before there is time for a cupcake break.

SpidersSportsEditor
September 25th, 2010, 07:16 PM
UD just dominated UR on both lines all day long. I hope that UD is just that good...otherwise it'll be a long year.

Very true. UR did nothing well during that game. Other than the early pick, UD didn't make many mistakes. A loss like that at home on Family Weekend tells me the Spiders are going to have to win all of their easy games (Towson, CCU, URI) to have any chance at the playoffs. I don't see them going any better than 3-2 against UNH, UMass, JMU, Nova and W&M. We're just not as talented or well coached as we have been for the past three seasons.

Take nothing from Delaware though, they earned that win, even after Richmond tried to make it interesting in the third qtr. No pressure on Devlin all day and he is a very skilled passer when he has time. And the RB will give the CAA fits for the next four years if he stays healthy.

blukeys
September 25th, 2010, 09:37 PM
SSE you neglected to mention the UD defense. UD dominated the line of scrimmage. I give credit to the UR skill folks for making this a game until midway until the 3rd quarter but in the end the UD defense dominated the UR offense throughout the game.

UR got the royal B***ch slap treatment throughout the game.

Any honest and objective observer would report the same. I am anxiosly awaiting reading your post tomorrow.

ur2k
September 25th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Good job UD, you just beat us, nothing more to say. Good luck the rest of the way.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 25th, 2010, 09:46 PM
SSE you neglected to mention the UD defense. UD dominated the line of scrimmage. I give credit to the UR skill folks for making this a game until midway until the 3rd quarter but in the end the UD defense dominated the UR offense throughout the game.

Any honest and objective observer would report the same. I am anxiosly awaiting reading your post tomorrow.

UD's defense did a good job, but I saw it as more of UD's offense overwhelming UR's defense. It looked like after that third quarter mega drive UR just gave up trying to stop the run, and that let UD control the clock and get that last extra TD.

SpiderSafety75
September 26th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Was at the game. UD's d-line dominated from the opening. UR's 'skill people' were mostly missing; the receiving 'corps' was one healthy wideout, and Cort didn't have time to throw to anyone except the checkdowns, anyway. The running game for the Spiders was again uninspiring and also just snuffed by the Hens. Devlin had all day back there. UD, imo, IS that good, and UR is vastly overrated. Not real impressed with the early returns on the new staff. The Spiders actually looked FLAT at times in both the home games - how can that be? This is not a playoff team.

SpidersSportsEditor
September 26th, 2010, 04:39 PM

The UD defense definitely dominated, but that didn't surprise me. Two of our three receivers were out of the game (Gray for the 2nd half), so other than Grayson they were all inexperienced. The offensive line is also inexperienced, and even when Corp had time he missed on a lot of his throws. Our running game is a struggle, but there was actually a bright spot there with Jovan Smith who averaged almost 10 yards per touch. Not to mention that I thought the play calling was weak also. UD defense definitely made things difficult, but offense was never going to be our strength, we need to win with defense.

I thought it was a lazy effort from Richmond and UD played like a team with something to prove. They are a top 5 FCS team IMO.

HenZoneNation
September 26th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Devlin did not have all day to pass and the UR defense was very good. Although AP had over a 100 yards and 3 tds, they handled him very well for most of the game. The fact is you can't stop AP and Devlin. You have to pick your poison. Pat didn't have the amazing numbers that people gawk at but he was amazing. Aside from his first pass, he was mobile, his passes were on the money, and he lead our team against a UR D that was very good and will be good in the playoffs.

UD under Keeler has had some very bad years, but during the years he's had talent they have been very hard to beat...in fact every year he's had a QB drafted in the NFL he has gone to the NC...I don't see that changing this year. UR isn't bad...we're good

elon77
September 26th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Maybe Richmond and Elon left too much on the field last week. It seems both kind of stunk it up this week. That sucks.

MacThor
September 27th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Ugh. This team is a mess. I'm not ready to lay this all at the feet of the current staff, though there's no excuse for the flatness against two straight top 10 teams. While pretty much every game left on the schedule is winnable, they're all losable too.

I sat in a different section this week, teeming with football alumni. It's becoming apparent that London did not recruit especially well. The players who are still making plays are Clawson kids and the two transfers. Clawson left the program deep, talented and on the doorstep. ML got them through the door, but the depth has not been replenished, which is a shame with the title and new stadium as recruiting tools. To be fair, a handful of players opted out of their redshirt seasons when London left, but I don't think they were difference-makers overall.

Seeing Laub, Boston and Gray in streetclothes in the second half was not encouraging. As previously stated, Corp better learn to slide (though I admire the toughness).

Weldon does not look like the same player who was lighting people up in the playoffs two seasons ago. Perhaps he is injured but I've never seen him shy away from big hits and 2nd-level tackles like he is now.

Darryl Hamilton is really struggling back there.

UR's defensive woes in the fourth quarter can be traced to their offense being unable to sustain a drive of more than 2 first downs after their tying touchdown. An undersized unit, they were on the field way too long.

Why was Keeler calling timeouts in garbage time?

Still undefeated in the red jerseys ... hmmmm.

PS - Is UVa in the FCS now? UR and VMI? When do they play ODU?

Rob Iola
September 27th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Ugh. This team is a mess. I'm not ready to lay this all at the feet of the current staff, though there's no excuse for the flatness against two straight top 10 teams. While pretty much every game left on the schedule is winnable, they're all losable too.

I sat in a different section this week, teeming with football alumni. It's becoming apparent that London did not recruit especially well. The players who are still making plays are Clawson kids and the two transfers. Clawson left the program deep, talented and on the doorstep. ML got them through the door, but the depth has not been replenished, which is a shame with the title and new stadium as recruiting tools. To be fair, a handful of players opted out of their redshirt seasons when London left, but I don't think they were difference-makers overall.

Seeing Laub, Boston and Gray in streetclothes in the second half was not encouraging. As previously stated, Corp better learn to slide (though I admire the toughness).

Weldon does not look like the same player who was lighting people up in the playoffs two seasons ago. Perhaps he is injured but I've never seen him shy away from big hits and 2nd-level tackles like he is now.

Darryl Hamilton is really struggling back there.

UR's defensive woes in the fourth quarter can be traced to their offense being unable to sustain a drive of more than 2 first downs after their tying touchdown. An undersized unit, they were on the field way too long.

Why was Keeler calling timeouts in garbage time?

Still undefeated in the red jerseys ... hmmmm.

PS - Is UVa in the FCS now? UR and VMI? When do they play ODU?
With all due respect, please reread what you wrote and then reconsider:
"two straight top 10 teams" - Throw in UVA, and that's a heckuva a way to start the season. 1-2 in that stretch is plenty respectable.

"Seeing Laub, Boston and Gray in streetclothes in the second half was not encouraging." - that and your other injury woes, and good luck trying to beat any top 10/CAA team. That's what makes the Elon win a very good win.

"National Champions" (from your avatar) - kinda says it all vis-a-vis London, no?

"ML got them through the door, but the depth has not been replenished, which is a shame with the title and new stadium as recruiting tools." Hens fans had the same complaints about KC (well, minus the stadium), and notwithstanding Flacco in '07 we've had to wait a long time to return to glory (knock-on-wood that this continues w/o major injuries).

Fact is, Richmond's probably playing the toughest FCS schedule this side of Harrisonburg and is paying the price. You've got a good team and a nice new stadium - there's no where to go but up...

Side note - why did Richmond punt from their 40 on 4th and 4 with 2:30 left? Maybe out of reach, but don't you keep playing for some miracle win at that point?

MacThor
September 27th, 2010, 10:15 AM
With all due respect, please reread what you wrote and then reconsider:
"two straight top 10 teams" - Throw in UVA, and that's a heckuva a way to start the season. 1-2 in that stretch is plenty respectable.

"Seeing Laub, Boston and Gray in streetclothes in the second half was not encouraging." - that and your other injury woes, and good luck trying to beat any top 10/CAA team. That's what makes the Elon win a very good win.

"National Champions" (from your avatar) - kinda says it all vis-a-vis London, no?

"ML got them through the door, but the depth has not been replenished, which is a shame with the title and new stadium as recruiting tools." Hens fans had the same complaints about KC (well, minus the stadium), and notwithstanding Flacco in '07 we've had to wait a long time to return to glory (knock-on-wood that this continues w/o major injuries).

Fact is, Richmond's probably playing the toughest FCS schedule this side of Harrisonburg and is paying the price. You've got a good team and a nice new stadium - there's no where to go but up...

Agreed we have had probably the toughest starting schedule in FCS (although now it appears Elon was overrated) -- there are certainly some "should win" games on the schedule but no locks.

London obviously did a lot of things right, including doing a great job of involving football alumni (I haven't heard a peep from Scott). Yes, he won a national championship. However, every impact player that won that NC and was involved in our success over the past 3 seasons was recruited by Clawson. Nearly all of our current "playmakers" are either Clawson kids (Grayson, Gray, Parker, McBride, Rogers) or the two FBS transfers. Where are the Mike London stud recruits?

You don't think had Clawson stayed they would have played for a NC in '08 or '09? I do.

To me, the most troubling thing is that UR has had a lead for exactly 1:41.