PDA

View Full Version : I like Sports Network,but Stony Brook over UMASS?

Brad82
September 23rd, 2010, 03:41 PM
http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4344041

Does anyone on this board think Stony Brook has a prayer?
I don't.

umassfan
September 23rd, 2010, 04:24 PM
I just saw this and was going to make a post... this guy is crazy or has one set of balls.

jmufan999
September 23rd, 2010, 04:26 PM
i don't know how many different people make predictions there, but i'm 90% sure that's the same site that said JMU would squeak out a 19-7 win against Morehead State. very credible.

Uncle Buck
September 23rd, 2010, 04:38 PM
SBU is my newly adopted team, but i can't see us having any chance in beating UMass. Even if UMass played over their heads last week, they're a much more athletic team on the line than what i have seen from Stony Brook. Besides, with SBU being a one dimensional run team with no real threat at QB, look for the minutemen to load the box, blitz and play man to man on the corners. I just don't see the SBU QB getting a lot of respect and i definitely don't see him beating UMass. Throwing balls up for grabs against Brown is a lot different than doing it against UMass. That prediction, ridiculous.

umassfan
September 23rd, 2010, 04:39 PM
I think we are the "Michigan" of Stony Brooks schedule but as you saw last week.... you can play your best to greater comp but still come short. If he thinks UMass will lose because we are on the road then he is mistaken. If we can play at our top for Michigan then Stony Brook will not bother us. The only thing that worries Minutemen fans is a let down from an emotional high.

Jackman
September 23rd, 2010, 05:22 PM
http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4344041

Does anyone on this board think Stony Brook has a prayer?
I don't.

They have a prayer. It's a big home game for them, maybe their highest ranked home opponent ever. If they block better than us, and tackle better than us, they'll be in position to win. That said, I think their offense is exactly the sort we're best equipped to stop, and their defense looks suspect. Even AIC ran for good average gains against them.

rufus
September 23rd, 2010, 06:08 PM
i don't know how many different people make predictions there, but i'm 90% sure that's the same site that said JMU would squeak out a 19-7 win against Morehead State. very credible.

I thought it was 19-14, but yeah, Sports Network predictions are a joke.

Old Cage
September 23rd, 2010, 06:37 PM
A good analogy is the dozens of very average folks who make a buck selling stock market newsletters. If you don't make outside the box predictions on a regular basis, your numbers of subscribers quickly approaches zero. The occasional outlandish prediction also helps.

EmeryZach
September 23rd, 2010, 06:40 PM
Two words. TRAP GAME. It's not going to be a UMass blowout.

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 23rd, 2010, 07:19 PM
Two words. TRAP GAME. It's not going to be a UMass blowout.

Alot of people thought URI had "zero" chance last saturday as well.
UMass is the better team, but they will be playing a team that has been thinking about this game for a while now.

Never say never

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Either way, i'll be out there with my son for the kickoff. Hopefully the Brook can come out and put in a good effort. I just don't see us having the firepower, even if UMass comes out flat, i think their depth will grind us down. SBU is still dealing with injuries on the defensive side from guys that got banged up against South Florida. Hopefully my Hofstra orphans can shoulder the load and keep this thing competitive!

EmeryZach
September 24th, 2010, 09:46 PM
The UMass kids really want to break our streak of losing on the road. So I am hoping that gives them a little more pep in their step.

Should be a good game. I am going to be on the road so I am going to have to check the score on my blackberry. So I hope someone here can update the game thread often. That would be helpful. Thanks!

Sam Adams
September 25th, 2010, 02:59 PM
the Brook is a good team. Massachusetts may be a good team, its a bit early to tell. However if Mass can continue to dominate on the ground and mix in a sharp passing attack, they could make some noise in the CAA. I think they should be able to get the win against a good Brook team.

SumItUp
September 25th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Stony Brook 21, Massachusetts 20 with 5:10 to play in the 3rd quarter.

Jackman
September 25th, 2010, 07:48 PM
FINAL: UMass 26, SB 21

Felt sick the entire game. We are still a horrible road team, except against FBS opponents.

umassfan
September 25th, 2010, 07:56 PM
We need to get our DLine healthy. We cannot play without 2-3 starters on an already young line. Hopefully we will learn from this game and be more awake for Towson before the BYE. Thank god for Tyler Holmes though. That kid is just a total play maker.

Sam Adams
September 25th, 2010, 09:01 PM
brook is a good,well coached team and they showed that today. mass comes out w/a hard fought win. mass will need to improve to beat towson.

Seawolf97
September 25th, 2010, 09:49 PM
xthumbsupx
brook is a good,well coached team and they showed that today. mass comes out w/a hard fought win. mass will need to improve to beat towson.

Good game tonight! I thought we had you late in the 4th quarterbut it a tipped ball ended it. Good luck the rest of the seasonxthumbsupx

Redwyn
September 25th, 2010, 10:03 PM
What a difference being healthy is for our program....Was screaming to the radio broadcast when we were moving well in the final 2 mins. Nothing to be embarrassed about if you were SB's QB. Those two drive killing plays weren't your fault. Coulter should feel proud of how much better he managed this game, and welcome back Edwin Gowins with a 101 yd, 1TD performance.

SBU has clearly improved from last year, and as Priore noted: "we've shown we can hang with anyone". Now it's time to show it and sweep the rest of our opponents.

ToTheLeft
September 25th, 2010, 10:22 PM
SBU has clearly improved from last year, and as Priore noted: "we've shown we can hang with anyone". Now it's time to show it and sweep the rest of our opponents.

Good luck with that. Everything's setting up for an epic showdown between our schools.

Redwyn
September 25th, 2010, 11:41 PM
Good luck with that. Everything's setting up for an epic showdown between our schools.

I can't wait! Here's to a great game, no matter who wins. A blowout by either team would be disappointing to all.

Squealofthepig
September 26th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Does appear the sports network wasn't completely smoking crack on this pick; wish I could've seen this game.

If anyone has any real handle on what the best 25 teams really are this season so far, I'd be appreciative. :)

Twentysix
September 26th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Boise state is #1-25. Sorry. :(