PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 9-25

JALMOND
September 23rd, 2010, 01:16 AM
So, entering this weekend I am currently at 19-3. Pretty good start for the year, but I still have Scream breathing down my neck. Three misses including two due to picking Montana to win. This week is proving more tough than the previous week. This week's predictions and hoping for a perfect week. Five games, two nonconference.

EWU @ MSU---Hard to imagine that this game will determine the top team so far in the conference. The Bobcats start off the year against a very determined foe and the Eagles are coming off an inspiring win over Montana. The Eagles have taken the last 8 games these two teams have played. This time they have their big running back in Taiwan Jones. They may need more...MSU 31, EWU 24.

NAU @ ISU---The Jacks took last week off in order to get ready for conference play and a trip to face the Bengals. The Bengals, however, got their conference slate underway with a loss at Northern Colorado. The Bengals would like to show improvement and get pack up to at least with the rest of the conference. They have a great opportunity in facing the Jacks at home. Unfortunately, it is the Jacks...NAU 31, ISU 20.

UNC @ Michigan State---This is the year the Bears are hoping would be a pivotal point in their transition from DII to the Big Sky. The took a little detour from that two weeks ago at Weber State, but they then were able to get a little revenge on Idaho State. This week, they find themselves in Big 10 country and facing Michigan State. While the Bears were putting away the Bengals, Michgan State beat Notre Dame. Need I say more...Michigan State 48, UNC 15.

Sac State @ UM---Interesting game here. One team is on the upswing and one team is on the downside. However, the Hornets are on the upside and the Grizzlies are the ones on the downside, hoping for a serious jumpstart to their season. The Hornets can feel a win finally in Missoula, however the Grizzlies are glad to get back home as well...UM 31, Sac State 27.

UC-Davis @ WSU---After playing two conference games in the first three weeks, the Wildcats step out of conference and welcome future Big Sky member UC-Davis to Ogden. The Wildcats were able to gain a split in their conference games and Davis already has played one Big Sky team, a loss to Portland State. The Wildcats will want to avenge their tough loss at Sacramento State last week and it is a good time to face the new kids...WSU 38, UC-Davis 17.

wapiti
September 23rd, 2010, 08:56 AM
EWU @ MSU---This one is a hard pick to make. I will give the homefield advantage the difference in the game. EWU 24 - MSU 27

NAU @ ISU---Idaho State is an improved team this year, but NAU has been playing well early, as they seem to do every year. NAU 24 ISU 17

UNC @ Michigan State---This is the easy pick this week. UNC 10 MSU 48

Sac State @ UM--- UM is still a very good team. Sac has improved, but not enough to beat UM in Missoula. Sac 17 UM 32

UC-Davis @ WSU--- UC-Davis lost to Portland State and I see Portland State as a weak team in the Big Sky this year, but BBQ struggled to beat UNC at home. UC-D 13 WSU 24

GtFllsGriz
September 23rd, 2010, 10:31 AM
EWU at MSU: Huge game. Cats look solid but EWU has Jones. A close game but I have to go with the Cats at home.
NAU at ISU: I'm going with NAU until the Bengals prove they can win a BSC game.
UNC at the other MSU: No contest
UCD at Weber: Have to go with Weber.
Sac at UM: Not taking this one for granted but UM wins.

son-of-info
September 23rd, 2010, 11:41 AM
Gonna take the cats this weekend, EWU is still waiting on the trophy they get for beating the Griz... oh wait they dont get one? Someone should give them the heads up...

NAU will roll ISU, Sparty will roll UNC, Ill always take the Griz at home, and the closest game of the week IMO will be Weber/UCD, with Weber getting back on track.

FCS Go!
September 23rd, 2010, 04:14 PM
Montana St over E. Washington 37-28. Griz hangover in full effect.

N. Arizona over Idaho St 30-10. Bengals are showing signs of life. Just signs.

Michigan St. over N. Colorado. 45-23. Bears most improved BSC team this yr.

Weber St. over UCDavis 45-20. Who is down more this yr? Davis.

Montana over Sacramento St 37- 23. Griz commit only 3 or 4 turnovers.

EdubAlum
September 23rd, 2010, 04:31 PM
a lot of EWU doubt in here.....sure MSU has the number one offense, but who have they played???

Sports network is picking Sac State over the griz, i see a 3% chance of that happening, at best.

profisme
September 24th, 2010, 09:46 AM
If the Cats beat Eastern this weekend it won't be because of a Griz hangover as suggested by others. It will be due to the better team winning. The same goes for the Eagles, if they win, they deserve it. The Cats haven't had a swine flu epidemic rage through the lockerroom this year (knocking on wood) and the Eagles are pretty healthy, not missing any of their key guys. From what I have seen, the Cats have the best offense and most talent at the skill positions since I can remember. Remember the name Denarius McGhee. His name will be said a lot over the next 4 years.

Cats- 41
Taiwan Jones- 28

Hornets- 17
Griz- 21

Bears- Whatever the Spartans score, minus 40
Spartans- Whatever the Bears score, plus 40

Jacks- 35
Bengals- 21

Aggies- 17
Wildcats- 27

JALMOND
September 25th, 2010, 10:07 PM
So, entering this weekend I am currently at 19-3. Pretty good start for the year, but I still have Scream breathing down my neck. Three misses including two due to picking Montana to win. This week is proving more tough than the previous week. This week's predictions and hoping for a perfect week. Five games, two nonconference.

EWU @ MSU---Hard to imagine that this game will determine the top team so far in the conference. The Bobcats start off the year against a very determined foe and the Eagles are coming off an inspiring win over Montana. The Eagles have taken the last 8 games these two teams have played. This time they have their big running back in Taiwan Jones. They may need more...MSU 31, EWU 24.

NAU @ ISU---The Jacks took last week off in order to get ready for conference play and a trip to face the Bengals. The Bengals, however, got their conference slate underway with a loss at Northern Colorado. The Bengals would like to show improvement and get pack up to at least with the rest of the conference. They have a great opportunity in facing the Jacks at home. Unfortunately, it is the Jacks...NAU 31, ISU 20.

UNC @ Michigan State---This is the year the Bears are hoping would be a pivotal point in their transition from DII to the Big Sky. The took a little detour from that two weeks ago at Weber State, but they then were able to get a little revenge on Idaho State. This week, they find themselves in Big 10 country and facing Michigan State. While the Bears were putting away the Bengals, Michgan State beat Notre Dame. Need I say more...Michigan State 48, UNC 15.

Sac State @ UM---Interesting game here. One team is on the upswing and one team is on the downside. However, the Hornets are on the upside and the Grizzlies are the ones on the downside, hoping for a serious jumpstart to their season. The Hornets can feel a win finally in Missoula, however the Grizzlies are glad to get back home as well...UM 31, Sac State 27.

UC-Davis @ WSU---After playing two conference games in the first three weeks, the Wildcats step out of conference and welcome future Big Sky member UC-Davis to Ogden. The Wildcats were able to gain a split in their conference games and Davis already has played one Big Sky team, a loss to Portland State. The Wildcats will want to avenge their tough loss at Sacramento State last week and it is a good time to face the new kids...WSU 38, UC-Davis 17.

Looks perfect. 5-0 this week, 24-3 for the year. Thank you, Griz.

wapiti
September 25th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Looks perfect. 5-0 this week, 24-3 for the year. Thank you, Griz.

Good job with the picks. The Griz squeeked out their win for you.

TokyoGriz
September 26th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Barely a win at that and at home makes it extra weak.

Montana continues to have the same issues game after game without improvements. IMO 2 more loses coming this season in conference MSU and NAU. Hard to say that honestly, but Montana is NOT improving game to game. The only bright spot atm is Selle may be out due to injury, which is not good, but Roper may be the better qb in pflus new system.

bpcats
September 26th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Game ball to Coach Mac and the offensive line that went into the game down three starters, and lost two more during the game but kept on ticking when they had too.

Thank God for our kicker..made two TD saving tackles on special teams..

Griz are going to be downright dangerous going forward, but for the life me I have never seen the Griz lay the ball on the ground what 14 times in the last three games (obviously got most back).

FCS Go!
September 26th, 2010, 10:05 AM
...Griz are going to be downright dangerous going forward....

No. xsmhx

The Griz are now a "big play" offense team. If they don't get a big play the offense is going no where.

Squealofthepig
September 26th, 2010, 10:40 AM
No. xsmhx

The Griz are now a "big play" offense team. If they don't get a big play the offense is going no where.

... and we're coughing up the ball a lot trying to make the big plays. If you look at many of our fumbles lost, they're from guys spinning to make that extra big play and leaving the ball exposed. It's so very weird to see us on the negative side of turnovers (outside of Western State). Completely agree - the Griz are at best a glass cannon on offense with a good but not great defense (very good secondary, inconsistent line).